270soft Forum
Rodja

New Rule: Crass Dismissed | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

Bill Maher gave a great monolouge last week(not anything new) explaining everything about that annonying political correctness destroying Democratic Party.Take a listen.

On 6/12/2018 at 8:35 AM, Rodja said:

Bill Maher gave a great monolouge last week(not anything new) explaining everything about that annonying political correctness destroying Democratic Party.Take a listen.

He also said "a recession needs to happen" it's easy for someone like himself to say that (An elitist,rich,pig)

He didnt think literal recession.He wanted to state that he would go through anything to see Trump go, even the "recession" 

20 minutes ago, Rodja said:

He didnt think literal recession.He wanted to state that he would go through anything to see Trump go, even the "recession" 

No, it was quite clear that he would rather see American fail to have Trump take the blame than Trump successfully steward America into prosperity (as is the current course) and take the credit. It was the same story with Rush Limbaugh and Obama, though I'm sure you have a partisan lens that excuses Maher but has no such clemency for Limbaugh.

On 6/12/2018 at 8:35 AM, Rodja said:

Maher's an establishment shill but at least he's correct in pointing out the rights hypocrisy when it comes to freedom of speech.   

Also @Reagan04 I agree he wants a recession for partisan reasons and it's a shame people on the left (but of course not all) view him so favorably.

2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

No, it was quite clear that he would rather see American fail to have Trump take the blame than Trump successfully steward America into prosperity (as is the current course) and take the credit. It was the same story with Rush Limbaugh and Obama, though I'm sure you have a partisan lens that excuses Maher but has no such clemency for Limbaugh.

What alternate reality do you live in where Trump is "stewarding America into prosperity." His tariff wars are setting the U.S. - and the globe - up for a future economic disaster of titanic proportions. Your praise in premature, and lacks an understanding of the situation and modern economics of trade between nations that are NOT piss-poor, non-industrialized, natural-resource-based economies.

6 hours ago, Patine said:

What alternate reality do you live in where Trump is "stewarding America into prosperity." His tariff wars are setting the U.S. - and the globe - up for a future economic disaster of titanic proportions. Your praise in premature, and lacks an understanding of the situation and modern economics of trade between nations that are NOT piss-poor, non-industrialized, natural-resource-based economies.

I disagree with the tariffs absolutely, but I believe he is using them as leverage. So far he has been doing well and it is a bit hyperbolic and dishonest to suggest he is going to cause a massive economic disaster, I would guess that that answer is blinded by your white hot and truly blinding hate of the man. America is healthy and people are feeling it, no matter how biting your words. To impugn my understanding is a bit premature I'd argue as well. We'll have to see how his so-far successful plan for foreign affairs goes.

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I disagree with the tariffs absolutely, but I believe he is using them as leverage. So far he has been doing well and it is a bit hyperbolic and dishonest to suggest he is going to cause a massive economic disaster, I would guess that that answer is blinded by your white hot and truly blinding hate of the man. America is healthy and people are feeling it, no matter how biting your words. To impugn my understanding is a bit premature I'd argue as well. We'll have to see how his so-far successful plan for foreign affairs goes.

I do not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Also "white hot and truly blinding hatred" is NOT at all an accurate statement of my feelings of Trump. To me, he, as U.S. President, is a symptom and a signpost of the sorrowful and disappointing state the world has fallen to. No, you are wrong. Donald Trump inspires sadness in me, not hate.

On 6/13/2018 at 11:40 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

He also said "a recession needs to happen" it's easy for someone like himself to say that (An elitist,rich,pig)

Yep, that infuriated me. Some of the most evil, classist crap you'll ever hear. People on either side who hope for a president's economy to crash or who want foreign policy disasters so they can gain political points sicken me.

On 6/15/2018 at 1:29 PM, thr33 said:

Yep, that infuriated me. Some of the most evil, classist crap you'll ever hear. People on either side who hope for a president's economy to crash or who want foreign policy disasters so they can gain political points sicken me.

I don't care if I hated a president and everything about him,I would never wish that on our people. 

On 6/14/2018 at 8:54 AM, Reagan04 said:

I live in Iowa, and we are going to be hit hard by the tariffs. Our state is projected to lose over 624 million dollars. Hits on soybeans and agriculture, I think that it is not leverage and we have a lot to lose but little to gain in this conflict. 

On 6/14/2018 at 9:54 AM, Reagan04 said:

Sums up what I feel 100%

2 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

I live in Iowa, and we are going to be hit hard by the tariffs. Our state is projected to lose over 624 million dollars. Hits on soybeans and agriculture, I think that it is not leverage and we have a lot to lose but little to gain in this conflict. 

The EU is going to target Bourbon which will also have a sizeable impact on Kentucky

4 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

The EU is going to target Bourbon which will also have a sizeable impact on Kentucky

I like that profile picture. Hows he polling right now?

38 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I like that profile picture. Hows he polling right now?

Thanks.  I'm actually interning with the campaign during the summer.  There has only been one poll released for the primary, but it is like a month old (we were at 7 or 8% while Hawley was at 30; but around 50 undecided).  But, a general election poll has us beating Claire McCaskill by 16 (while Hawley is stuck in a close race).  Also, since that primary poll came out, we've been endorsed by 2 state reps and had increased media coverage.  Plus, we are increasing name recognition through phone calls, events, and social media.

51 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Thanks.  I'm actually interning with the campaign during the summer.  There has only been one poll released for the primary, but it is like a month old (we were at 7 or 8% while Hawley was at 30; but around 50 undecided).  But, a general election poll has us beating Claire McCaskill by 16 (while Hawley is stuck in a close race).  Also, since that primary poll came out, we've been endorsed by 2 state reps and had increased media coverage.  Plus, we are increasing name recognition through phone calls, events, and social media.

I really hope he wins. I'd vote for him if he ran as a GOP candidate in 2020/24

5 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I really hope he wins. I'd vote for him if he ran as a GOP candidate in 2020/24

He's yet another once promising independent-thinking sellout to the Duopoly Machine!

7 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

Ah, people should just sober up! :P

Although, as a serious note there, alcohol of any sort (except for medicinal, sanitary, automotive, and industrial usages) is a wretched substance. I don't drink myself - I think I may have had 3 or 4 mild wine drinks at weddings in my 28 years since turning 18 (I'm 42, remember). And I DETEST being around drunk people. Alcohol causes more deaths, social havoc, accidents, family breakups, and destroyed lives every year globally than opioids, hallucinogens, cocaine and derivatives like crack, methanphetamines, and all the other "hard drugs" combined, but it's legal outside nations that enforce Sharia and the few "dry communities" left. But rant over on that one.