270soft Forum
CHILLYKILLERBOMB

2004 Election - Projections Style

I was going through the Election - Play - By - Play Forum and notice some of the elections posted are made in a "Projection Like" style. Basically putting more effort in calling states like real elections do in both the General and Primaries. I wanted to try this and decided to do this over the 2004 election, Since the only Primaries I have to focus on is the Democratic side. I will try to post often and Will go through with this the whole way.

THESE ARE THE CANIDATES

REPUBLICANS

Pres. George W Bush

DEMOCRATS

Vermont Governor Howard Dean

Massachusetts Senator John Kerry

North Carolina Senator John Edwards

General from Arkansas Wesley Clark

Former Missouri Congressman Richard Gephardt

Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman

Congressman Dennis Kucinich

Reverent from New York Al Sharpton

Former Ambassador and Senator from Illinois Moseley Braun

(Special Guest for this Scenario) Florida Senator Bob Graham 

Iowa Results are coming soon

Ladies and Gentlemen this is (Insert favorite political commentator) and welcome to (Insert favorite news station) Election Headquarters. Tonight we watch as the 10 Democratic candidates battle it out to try to win the Iowa Caucus so that they may be the Democratic Nominee to unseat incumbent president George W Bush. We have polls a couple nights before that had an idea who might win the Iowa Caucus.

21.6% Edwards
17% Gephardt
15.7% Kerry
14.1% Dean

Now we have the Results for the Iowa Caucus.

We Project that...2056048585_IowaDP.thumb.PNG.651d05291dfdf5efe5ba24a29818dcc5.PNG

Yes, that's right folks, John Edwards as projected before will win by only a 2.2% percent margin in Iowa. This was a very close Caucus that gave any candidate a chance to win and get a boost in the rest of the Primary season. Richard Gephardt Managed to win second place. Gephardt originally won Iowa in 1988 when he first ran for president. He probably won't end his campaign since second place isn't the worst and he is polling well in many other states. The biggest loser tonight is Howard Dean since he started this campaign polling at least 10% better than anyone in Iowa but has managed to only land in 5th place. We will see if in a week if he can redeem himself by winning the New Hampshire Primary.

(P.S. The number next to the candidates name is the number of delegates won. no number equals no delegates.)

Welcome back to our election night headquarters, tonight is the New Hampshire primary. Over the week candidates have been speaking and greeting the people of New Hampshire to show that they are the right candidate to lead the nation. Here we have some polls of the night before of who might win the Primary.

15.6% Lieberman
14.8% Edwards
13.3% Kerry
12.6% Dean

Now we have the actual results of tonight's Primary.

We Project that...1678944002_NHDP.thumb.PNG.1279c6e00d38aed1fd49c211d91bf7ca.PNG

Once again, John Edwards has taken another contest, surprising the projected Lieberman win. Howard Dean was able to win second place which is a great improvement from his performance in Iowa. Currently in Country-wide polls...2000622970_GlobalPercentage.PNG.cae06b6d790d2ea4ec92aaa527a94509.PNG

Edwards has a big lead over the other candidates with Dean and Gephardt in second and third place respectively. Super Tuesday is coming up soon and will decide whether candidates are gonna suspend there campaign or continue it.

(P.S. I added a check-mark next to the winning candidate)

Welcome back once again to our Election Headquarters. Tonight is the biggest night or should I say one of the biggest nights in Primary season, Super Tuesday. Tonight multiple states will voting to decide which candidates they want to be the nominee of their party. So I'm going to stop talking so we can get right to the Projections.

Tonight's Super Tuesdays states are... 

Arizona

New Mexico

North Dakota

Oklahoma

Missouri

South Carolina

Delaware

What do you use to make your predictions?

3 hours ago, LegolasRedbard said:

What do you use to make your predictions?

I just use PowerPoint.

1 hour ago, CHILLYKILLERBOMB said:

I just use PowerPoint.

Thank you

Welcome back to another Primary Night! Tonight two states will be voting for the nominee of the democratic party. Washington and Michigan. 

Michigan is worth 155 delagates

Washington is worth 95 delagates

both big states the candidates are gonna want to win. And now we are ready to project tonight's winner.

We Project that...1045982031_MIDP.thumb.PNG.e45f4515b0473a1bc0492daba2de1d6f.PNG506649518_WADP.thumb.PNG.a39355ea8264d06b64a5387d70cdfb28.PNG

A huge win for Howard Dean tonight by winning by a large margin in Michigan, asserting him self to be a powerful for against John Edwards. However, John Edwards also won the Washington primary in a close battle and is the considered still to be the front-runner. We will be Back in a couple days for the Maine Caucus where we will reflect on the Primary so far and take a look at the total delegates the candidates have and need to lock the nomination.

Welcome back to another Caucus night. Tonight is the Maine Caucus, but before wee go straight to the projection lets take a look at the general election. 47.9% of the country are planning to re-elect George Bush and 45.8% are planning to vote for a democrat. right now there is 5% total of people who are undecided. Big battleground states coming up in the general election is Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, Florida, Pennsylvania, Hawaii and Connecticut.

And now we are ready to show you the results of tonight's Democratic Caucus.

We Project that...

ME.thumb.PNG.fbd845e5d435805fd3b71aa1a302c14b.PNG   

Another Contest won by John Edwards! We will now count up the total of delegates and Contests the Democrats have won.

John Edwards (4)

Howard Dean (2)

Bob Graham (2)

Richard Gephardt (1)

Joe Lieberman (1)

Wesley Clark (1)

John Kerry (1)

1592689724_2004DemocraticPrimaries.thumb.png.9cd80b023d8a391acb22687e56e3afde.png

Current map of the contests so far.D1.thumb.PNG.61d3f33a1cf475bdc970cefce3ffbe81.PNG

Delegates so far.