270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Starbucks vs. Donald Trump

What if Starbucks-icon Howard Schulz runs for president?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in 2020? Howard Schultz or Donald Trump?

2. 2. Would Howard Schultz be an improvement over Hillary Clinton?

3. 3. Would Howard Schultz be as good of a president as Trump?

Fmr CEO of Starbucks Howard Schulz is stepping down as executive chairman, presumably to consider running for president. I included him in my 2020 scenario in the first draft. If he were the nominee, we'd have two billionaires, with nearly equal net-worth, facing head-to-head. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Schultz

My explanation on #2. By no means am I stating that former Secretary Clinton would be a terrible president- hell I think she would have been a fantastic one, given her experience! I just feel that one of Trump's big flaws is his lack of government experience, and handing the White House to another CEO would do little on improving executive legislating. 

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

Fmr CEO of Starbucks Howard Schulz is stepping down as executive chairman, presumably to consider running for president. I included him in my 2020 scenario in the first draft. If he were the nominee, we'd have two billionaires, with nearly equal net-worth, facing head-to-head. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Schultz

Other than having been the CEO of a chain of coffee shops that make highly overpriced but God-awful-tasting coffee, I don't know much else at all about him.

11 hours ago, Patine said:

Other than having been the CEO of a chain of coffee shops that make highly overpriced but God-awful-tasting coffee, I don't know much else at all about him.

He's a pretty liberal person. His company is noted for paying its employees college tuition(which says more about the state of the US than him, that we need to rely on a billionaire to pay for college). 

55 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

He's a pretty liberal person. His company is noted for paying its employees college tuition(which says more about the state of the US than him, that we need to rely on a billionaire to pay for college). 

My cousin called Starbucks an "evil empire" some years ago, a term often applied by a fair number I've met to Microsoft and Walmart moreso. Then again, my cousin belongs to the gothic-industrial (and she even fully dresses the part ALL the time), and was briefly married to a card-holding member of the Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada, so...

4 hours ago, Patine said:

My cousin called Starbucks an "evil empire" some years ago, a term often applied by a fair number I've met to Microsoft and Walmart moreso. Then again, my cousin belongs to the gothic-industrial (and she even fully dresses the part ALL the time), and was briefly married to a card-holding member of the Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada, so...

You cousin sounds like a trip!

27 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

You cousin sounds like a trip!

She's actually quite a decent person when I'm dealing with her socially. I don't know how she'd be under other circumstances, as I don't frequent those same circles, myself.

On 6/5/2018 at 2:01 PM, Patine said:

She's actually quite a decent person when I'm dealing with her socially. I don't know how she'd be under other circumstances, as I don't frequent those same circles, myself.

Sounds like something a commie would say

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Sounds like something a commie would say

Get a grip!

-Schultz

-No,a step down actually

-No,he would be way better