270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

1852 Election Update

Update: About 50 to 60% of new endorsers added. 

Update: 75% of the new endorsers added. 

Third-Party Bids to Add:

George T. Troup (Southern Rights): Got 5% in Alabama; could also appear in Georgia for the Independent Democratic slate that got 9.3%, but given the precedent set by 1832's lack of a Barbour slate across the South, this will likely go under Democrats.

Daniel Webster (Union Whig): Got 8.5% in Georgia, 1.3% in Massachusetts

Jacob Broom (American) got .9% of the vote in New Jersey, falling below the 1% inclusion line.

19 hours ago, Caprice said:

Third-Party Bids to Add:

George T. Troup (Southern Rights): Got 5% in Alabama; could also appear in Georgia for the Independent Democratic slate that got 9.3%, but given the precedent set by 1832's lack of a Barbour slate across the South, this will likely go under Democrats.

Daniel Webster (Union Whig): Got 8.5% in Georgia, 1.3% in Massachusetts

Jacob Broom (American) got .9% of the vote in New Jersey, falling below the 1% inclusion line.

Thanks, can you add this as a comment in the campaign download page for the 1852 election? That's what I go back to when doing my updates. I'm currently doing only endorsers to 1860, and then I'll go back to 1828 or 1832 (forgot where I left off), and then do the rest of the updating. 

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Thanks, can you add this as a comment in the campaign download page for the 1852 election? That's what I go back to when doing my updates. I'm currently doing only endorsers to 1860, and then I'll go back to 1828 or 1832 (forgot where I left off), and then do the rest of the updating. 

I don't yet have good 1850's Southern Rights and Union Whig logos, but I'll resume a search for some good images, as well as the 1860 Northern Democrats.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I don't yet have good 1850's Southern Rights and Union Whig logos, but I'll resume a search for some good images, as well as the 1860 Northern Democrats.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, vcczar said:

On it! Also, if I remember correctly, you were some ways through 1840.

47 minutes ago, Caprice said:

On it! Also, if I remember correctly, you were some ways through 1840.

That might be the case. It was so long ago, I don't remember where I left off. I can't wait to get the endorsements over. Everything else should be quicker to do. It's mainly that doing a lot of the updating is rather draining. I'm pushing through mainly because I said I would, and I want to get it over with, but I'm getting kinda burned out doing this mostly by myself. The feedback from everyone is wonderful, but doing the physical labor on my own is taxing. I pretty much have to force myself to work on it every 3 or 4 days. Some days I don't mind doing it, because I'm trying to pass some time. I'm also worried that a future update is going to have me doing all this all over again, or having to go back and update the scenarios again. I will get these done, but I won't have every historical scenario updated by the end of the year, as I hoped. I'm hoping to have them done through 1860 by the end of the summer.