270soft Forum
TheMiddlePolitical

{NOT USING INFINITY GAMES} George HW Bush Declines to run for president in 1988 an alternatehistory timeline

I will be posting this on the alternatehistory thread (when i get accepted) and though I'm not active on the forums i wanted to paste what I have here! Hope everyone enjoys (I may not reply to your guy's comments as it is a alternatehistory forum focus)

CBS News Reporter Dan Rather:"Hello everyone Dan Rather,we have a special report on the upcoming 1988 Presidential election George HW Bush has announced that he will not seek elected office saying "It has been an incredible and wonderful time to be our nations Vice President the past 7 years, but I will like to announce that I will not be seeking the Republican nomination for president of the United States in 1988." This came to everyone's surprise has Mr.Bush was expected to be the front runner for this years race. Pete Du Pont is the only person to officially announce his candidacy at this time" "We do however have some polls this morning to release for both parties nominations,which show some 
interesting results for the two parties nominations: We have included people who we either expect to run or have showed extreme interest in running:

-1988 Republican nomination-
Sen. Paul Laxalt-18%
VP George HW Bush(Declined)-15%
Rev. Pat Robertson-11%
Sen. Bob Dole-10%
Gen Alexander Haig-7% 
Fmr. Sen Pete Du Pont-6%
Rep. Jack Kemp-6%
Fmr. Rep John B. Anderson-4%
Fmr. Gov Harold E. Stassen-3%
undecided-20%

-1988 Democrat Nomination-
Fmr. Sen Gary Hart-20%
Gov. Mario Cuomo-19%
Sen. Ted Kennedy-16%
Sen. Joe Biden-10%
Sen. Lloyd Bentsen-9%
Rev. Jesse Jackson-9%
Gov. Michael Dukakis-7%
Mr.Lydon LaRouche-2%
undecided-10%

There has also been reports of Billionaire Businessman Donald J. Trump running for president.

Do you approve of Pres. Reagans job?
Approve-57%
Disapprove-36%
Don't Know-7%

Who would you vote for in the 1988 presidential election?
Generic Republican-46%
Generic Democrat-39%
Don't know/3rd party-15%

If Businessman Donald J. Trump ran for president who would you vote for?
Generic Republican-42%
Generic Democrat-36%
Donald J. Trump-16%
undecided-6%

Notice(Cause I know we like to nitpick) this will in now way be perfect,it's alternatehistory it never is. 

January 2-Feb 15

Jan 2 1987 Democrat Lydon LaRouche announces run for president 

larouche.jpg.fe90a2e0a3dd64f11a59e18cb4d8e62b.jpg

In front of a small crowd of around 200 in a University auditorium in Rochester New Hampshire writer Lyndon LaRouche announces his run for president,officially.

"Our system is corrupted,our parties our corrupt,and God knows well all our politicians are corrupt. I am running to fight that,to fight those evil ridden,fat pocketed men,this is the time for us!" Larouche touted how he received 2% of the expected voters in a poll released by CBS News yesterday. saying "Hell it's a start!"

Jan 13 1987 Republican Pat Roberston announces run for president

hqdefault.jpg.55670b3a78c764c37a39fbfc40e90a9b.jpg

During a service around his followers Reverend Pat Roberston announced his run for president of the United States.

"God has sent me a message,a message to fix our country,feed our poor,and to save our broken, I am that man for the job,I am that man,that disciple of  God that is willing to put in day and night for our fallen and lost" Roberston received a roar of applause. He also talked how we are losing our religion in the United States,and how it needs fixed. "If we do not have God,we do not have anything" he said. In CBS's latest poll for the Republican nomination (jan 1) Robertson is in 3rd (2nd without Bush) place behind Sen. Paul Laxalt. 

Jan 20 Ron Paul announces intention to run for the Republican nomination for president.

76975620_hqdefault(1).jpg.c5808a40128191393d75710f2ac075bb.jpg

On a Radio talk show Rep. Ron Paul announced his intention to seek the Republican nomination for president,though he's a Libertarian. "I will be running as a Republican but I am still a Libertarian,in other word's I still care about everyone,even though I'm Republican" he said. "I believe in the freedom of all people,no matter your skin color,religion,sexual orientation,or fiscal state. That's what the Republican party has lost" he said. 

Jan 30 BREAKING both John B. Anderson and Harold Stassen decline that they will run for president

Before conducting our CBS poll for that is set to be released Febuary 15,we sent out letters to all the candidates polled,with most being undecided and some declaring,two officially declined that they would run,and those two are fmr. Rep and presidential candidate John B. Anderson and Fmr. Gov Harold Stassen. 

Feb 4 former NFL star and Current Republican Rep. Jack Kemp announces run for president

a2c85af1e7fbc6fb4d28d8f0a95db8c3.jpg.7ca56c5c46c0d768ac8731c9d14d60b7.jpg

Jack Kemp has officially announced his intention to run for the Republican nomination for president of the United States. One of the molders of Reaganomics, Kemp touted his "Reaganess",saying, "Ronald Reagan has been an incredible president these past 7 years,and I am happy to be such a close friend of him. I promise to bring that same toughness,and ability as President Reagan". Kemp announced how he will continue to build onto Reagans policies and "Continue to make America Great"

Feb 6 Democrat Al Gore announces intention to run for president 

899060786_hqdefault(2).jpg.45d50817964dcd37e54d8e30ecc65e0c.jpg

Tennessee Senator Al Gore has announced his intention to run for the Democratic nomination for president of the United States,outside Tennessee's Capitol Building in front of a large crowd. Gore state how he has the "Energy and leadership ability to get us out of Trickle down economics" saying Reagans economics have done nothing but "Hurt the poor and make the rich,richer". He also poked at recently announced presidential candidate Jack Kemp saying "We do not want another Reagan for 4 more years, we will be eating bread rations by then" saying "I hope Kemp wins, I always wanted to see a candidate get 0 electoral votes" 

Feb 15 New CBS Primaries poll

In the coming months we are expecting an abundance of candidates to announces there intentions to run,but we have just conducted a new poll and heres how the race looks,mostly with still announced candidates.  Poll notes:Scandal released on Gary Hart about him soliciting sex from a prostitute (He defiantly didn't need that),after being "Forgiven" by his old scandals. Jackson receives a "Outsider" boost most likely from another Rev,Pat Robertson. Cuomo mentioned how he's "uncertain" about running. Kennedy continues to surge. Sen Bentsen says he is "Pro life,pro Gun,Pro traditional marriage" in an interview pertaining to who would replace him in Senate if he ran,obviously this made him sound just like a Republican. 

*=unannounced

-1988 Republican nomination-

Sen. Paul Laxalt-26%(+8%)*

Rev. Pat Robertson-21%(+10%)

Sen. Bob Dole-12%(+2%)*

Rep. Jack Kemp-11%(+5%)

Gen Alexander Haig-7%(+0%)*

Fmr. Sen Pete Du Pont-7%(+1%)

undecided-16%

-1988 Democrat Nomination-

Sen Ted Kennedy-22%(+6%)*

Gov Mario Cuomo-13%(-6%)*

Rev Jesse Jackson-13%(+4%)*

Fmr. Sen Gary Hart-10%(-10%)*

Sen Al Gore-10%(new)

Sen Joe Biden-7%(-3%)*

Gov Michael Dukkakis-5%(-2%)*

Sen. Lloyd Bentsen-3%(-6%)*

Mr. Lydon LaRouche-2%(+0%)

undecided-15%

Approve-52%
Disapprove-39%
Don't Know-9%

Generic Republican-45%
Generic Democrat-43%
Don't know/3rd party-12%

Generic Republican-39%
Generic Democrat-39%
Donald J. Trump-20%
undecided-2%(!)

Feb 26-April 2 1987

Feb 26 Businessman Steve Forbes announces run for Republican nomination for president

height_576.no_border.width_1024.thumb.jpg.8d7543ae4a068775d827e2bb10ac0d75.jpg

Holding a press conference, businessman Steve Forbes announced his candidacy for president of the United States. Forbes noted that "The Republican tax plan that was implemented is an underlying disaster,and must be fixed before it bites us" he also announced his intention to "Reform our healthcare system,something that needs fixed,and unfortunately hasn't been focused on enough". Forbes tone was very laid back,especially compared to the other candidates who have announced thus far. 

Feb 27 BREAKING 2 more expected candidates announce that they WILL NOT run for the presidency.  Dukkakis to be on unannounced staff,Haig to run for Senate

Democrat Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukkakis and and Republican General Alexander Haig both said in interviews that they would not run for there respected parties nominations. Dukkakis saying "I really just do not think it is my time yet. However I may be involved as a campaign staffer to a candidacy,Dukkakis did not state who's. Haig simply said "I just don't think I want to deal with it,I will be active in the election cycle however,I do have something else to announce,I will be running for the Republican nomination for Senate againist our incumbent Senator John Heinz,someone I think who is nothing more than a corrupt money mogul" 

March 2 Democratic CT Senator Chriss Dodd announces run for presidency

chris-dodd-piracy-legislation.jpg.71edf28863c64c1ef3c8a6799790c3b5.jpg

Connecticut Senator Chris Dodd announced his candidacy for president today. In a packed UCONN Auditorium,with over 600 students,and citizens in attendance Dodd definetly has thrown some "radicalism" into the race,according to President Reagan. Chris Dodd spoke about things such as Universal Healthcare and tuition free college. "Our countrys healthcare system is terrible, your telling me almost all of Europe can have Universal Healthcare,while spending less on it and we can't! The same goes for tuition free college, our students do not deserve to be buried in debt."  "We do not need to spend all this money on our military,honestly how we treat our citizens is embarrassing" 

March 13 BREAKING Fmr. Sec of Defense Donald Rumsfeld announces run for president for the Republican nomination

20151206100205003_hd.thumb.jpg.4391aaa8009f13f794b74501d6baa9a6.jpg

In a room full of press Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld announced his intention to run for president "It is simple" he said. "I have the experience,toughness,and leadership to be the next president of the United States" "The current Republican field is basically a joke" (Even though it is only March,and only 3 candidates have announced may I add) "And I guarantee it isn't going to get any better from here on out,I am the only Republican that can win in November, honestly after looking back at his presidency Reagan has only gotten by because of his punchlines and character, not his policies and decisions" he said. Rumsfeld is expected to be an immediate front runner. 

March 25 BREAKING Senator Orrin Hatch announces run for president,has Ronald Reagan endorse and open for him.

516509776.thumb.jpg.2f73afeb0a3b06e83af0871446230e3f.jpg

In a surprise announcement,and endorsement Utah Senator Orin Hatch announced his run for the Republican nomination for president. In a press conference in Salt Lake City Utah Senator Hatch had a surprise guest open up for him. President Ronald Reagan. This was a surprise as Jack Kemp was expected to receive Reagans endorsements at a later date,and Kemp already painted himself as the heir apparent to Reagan. Reagan said that "If you want that same Cowboy,no BS attitude as me,well here he is,this man has the leadership and experience on the Senate floor to keep moving this country forward" Hatch said that "We will keep moving US forward,my campaign will be for US the people of the United States of America,we are going to simply continue to be the best Country on Earth" This will put into question if Paul Laxalt is going to now run for President. and how Rep. Kemp will hold up.

March 29 Rev Jesse Jackson announces run for president 

162736078.thumb.jpg.8bba4a1b2d97c94dcd3fed170125e1c3.jpg

Upon a massive crowd in Atlanta,Georgia Rev Jesse Jackson announced his intention to run for the Democratic nomination for the presidency. "America is finally going to be truly free,and equal my brothers and sisters. Our revolution starts now,we will finally be able to carve out the vision that MLK wanted us to have, the vision that all men are created equal no matter what." "Our people are on the streets,our children are starving and our pockets empty" "That is what I am set to fix, I am set to fix the corruption in our political system were the rich get richer without helping there fellow man. Our time starts now". Jesse Jackson brought the house down of around 10,000 people. Especially for a presidential announcement. 

Fmr. Governor Gary Hart and Sen Bob Dole not running for president

As expected amid his scandals, Gary Hart has announced he will not run for president,however surprisingly Bob Dole announced he will not run, who was expected to have the backing of VP George HW Bush 

BREAKING New Cbs Primary poll April 2 first Michigan and Iowa polls *=unannounced

Poll notes

Hatch benefits massively from Reagan endorsement,Jackson gets field excited,Trump tanks in 3rd party poll after saying "It might be too much work to be president,I don't know if I will run". Paul Laxalt tanks after his Reagan supporters go to Hatch,same with Kemp. LaRouche gaining ground with being now at 5% anti-establishment builds (Jackson,Larouche,Forbes,Robertson)

-1988 Republican Nomination-

Sen Orin Hatch-17%(new)

Rev. Pat Robertson-17%(-4%)

Fmr. Sec. Donald Rumsfeld-15%(new)

Sen. Paul Laxalt-14%(-12%)*

Fmr. Sen. Pete Du Pont-8%(+1%)

Rep. Jack Kemp-6%(-5%)

Mr. Steve Forbes-4%(new)

undecided-19%

-1988 Democratic nomination-

Sen Ted Kennedy-19%(-3%)*

Rev Jesse Jackson-18%(+5%)

Gov Mario Cuomo-10%(-3%)*

Sen Chris Dodd-8%(new)

Sen Al Gore-8%(-2%)

Sen Joe Biden-6%(-1%)*

Mr.Lyndon Larouche-5%(+3%)

Sen Lloyd Bentsen-2%(-1%)*

undecided-24%

Approve-50%
Disapprove-41
Don't Know-9%

Generic Republican-49%
Generic Democrat-41%
Don't know/3rd party-10%

Generic Republican-44%
Generic Democrat-42%
Donald J. Trump-8%
undecided-6%

-First Michigan Republican primary polls-

Rev Pat Robertson-20%

Fmr.Sec Donald Rumsfeld-19%

Sen Orin Hatch-16%

Fmr Sen. Pete Du Pont-12%

Sen Paul Laxalt-9%*

Mr.Steve Forbes-8%

Rep Jack Kemp-4%1

undecided-12%

-First Iowa Democratic Caucus polls-

Sen Joe Biden-16%*

Rev Jesse Jackson-15%

Mr.Lyndon Larouche-13%

Sen Al Gore-12%

Sen Ted Kennedy-9%*

Sen Chris Dodd-9%

Gov Mario Cuomo-4%*

Sen Lloyd Bentsen-3%*

undecided-19%

BUMP:I will officially be doing this thread on this form,Alternatehistory forum has this same scenario already! I will be doing a diffrent one on there (This is not going to be a priority but i will try to finish it) 

21 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I will be posting this on the alternatehistory thread (when i get accepted) and though I'm not active on the forums i wanted to paste what I have here! Hope everyone enjoys (I may not reply to your guy's comments as it is a alternatehistory forum focus)

There's a whole forum devoted to nothing but alternate history? I just don't see the appeal of the subgenre. It's so incredibly flawed and unworkable and impossible to be even remotely realistic by it's very nature. Oh, well...

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

There's a whole forum devoted to nothing but alternate history? I just don't see the appeal of the subgenre. It's so incredibly flawed and unworkable and impossible to be even remotely realistic by it's very nature. Oh, well...

I'm more confused by his 1) I'm not really on this thread any more, and then posting a very detailed playthrough. and 2) Now that he's a politician, why does he even have the time to do this any more? 

20 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm more confused by his 1) I'm not really on this thread any more, and then posting a very detailed playthrough. and 2) Now that he's a politician, why does he even have the time to do this any more? 

to 1.I'm simply copy and pasting from the other forum, and @Patine I only find any appeal to the alternate election scenarios,people have litterally written books on that forum on diffrent genres of history. and 2. @vcczar I'm sure I won't soon,right now its sort of a dead time,they just made the results official,in my ward (were only a measely 45 dems voted) I received 27 write ins,but what I find impressive is the woman who is running for state senate (a write in campaign) who recieved 1400 total write ins in our district,only had 22,even though she had someone handing out stuff there. Which I am quite happy about :) here is the result. Next year I am running for a county office (more than likely commisoner) as party leads in my county have alot of hope built up for me,and want me to. Though I was unopposed,I am still happy at 18 I could get all but 15 voters to write me in. (Turnout was ridiculous btw,16%!!!) 

Capture.thumb.PNG.fbb2c124e7c703601e8404c965e5aeb7.PNG

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

@Patine I only find any appeal to the alternate election scenarios,people have litterally written books on that forum on diffrent genres of history

Yes, such books have been written by authors and published on different genres of history in the alternate history subgenre, but they're all highly flawed in their premise, viewpoint, logic, realism, and workability, and all utterly ignore the inevitable "butterfly effect" of the huge amount of variables that would reasonably differ from the standard timeline to the make the resulting new timeline utterly unrecognizable - instead, it's always just a few minor, timid, predictable changes and most other things not derived from those magically remain stable and similar. Also, just because something makes it to be published, or broadcast on television, or even on the Silver Screen, doesn't mean it's inherently good or high quality content - a lot of real trash gets published, broadcast, or released in theatres...

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Yes, such books have been written by authors and published on different genres of history in the alternate history subgenre, but they're all highly flawed in their premise, viewpoint, logic, realism, and workability, and all utterly ignore the inevitable "butterfly effect" of the huge amount of variables that would reasonably differ from the standard timeline to the make the resulting new timeline utterly unrecognizable - instead, it's always just a few minor, timid, predictable changes and most other things not derived from those magically remain stable and similar. Also, just because something makes it to be published, or broadcast on television, or even on the Silver Screen, doesn't mean it's inherently good or high quality content - a lot of real trash gets published, broadcast, or released in theatres...

To your last line---I couldn't agree more. And I think it's just interesting to just dream about "What could have been" elections,and president's wise. Now people who base there own persona's on "This is what would have happened" not "This is one of the possible scenarios that could have come out of this result" Is were alternate history is mostly flawed. I think I find myself falling in love with alternate elections manly because of different results,statistically,that would have come out of it. I love stats and obviously politics. I just watched a very good Netflix docu-series called "Bobby Kennedy for President" it was excellent,and that is a scenario that got me thinking,Would Nixon have lost to another Kennedy? And it also touched on the JFK vs Nixon election,and I was extremely surprised with how close it was. For some reason I thought JFK won by a far wider margin. 

@Patine https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/ here is that forum,It is incredibly expansive and one of the most consistently populous forums I've ever seen.

9 hours ago, Patine said:

Realism isn’t the height of entertainment and at the end of the day that’s what it is. It’s kind of crummy to come into something that’s obviously an alternate history thread to take a crap on the genre. It’s fun for some people and I don’t get your obsession with attacking AH any time it comes up on the forum. If it’s not for you then that’s cool, but any fan of the sub genre is already familiar with all of the tropes and critiques you’ve mentioned. 

15 minutes ago, FrancisXKennedy said:

Realism isn’t the height of entertainment and at the end of the day that’s what it is. It’s kind of crummy to come into something that’s obviously an alternate history thread to take a crap on the genre. It’s fun for some people and I don’t get your obsession with attacking AH any time it comes up on the forum. If it’s not for you then that’s cool, but any fan of the sub genre is already familiar with all of the tropes and critiques you’ve mentioned. 

You do have a point, and perhaps I have been a bit harsh about the issue. For that, I will concede and apologize. BUT, I do have to say that I do believe the TOS of these forums requires @TheMiddlePolitical to acquire Anthony's permission before promoting another website. I will leave the matter at that.

12 minutes ago, Patine said:

You do have a point, and perhaps I have been a bit harsh about the issue. For that, I will concede and apologize. BUT, I do have to say that I do believe the TOS of these forums requires @TheMiddlePolitical to acquire Anthony's permission before promoting another website. I will leave the matter at that.

You're dead on there, from the "Read This First" pined to General 

Advertising Political Sites

If you want to advertise a forum or political site of yours, e-mail us first ( http://270soft.com/contact/ ) and tell us what it is. If we say it's okay, then you can go ahead and post it. We will probably close the thread afterwards.

@WVProgressive @Patine @admin_270 I wasn't promoting them in any way (And it says a political site of mine-It is not mine) I was simply referring to the forum I am using.

Congress elections preview 1988 "The pre-primaries,early preview"

Though far off from even the primaries,we have decided to do a quick preview spread of can for senate,with primary predictions,and close/tossup elections that should be interesting. 

Here is how the current 100th Congress stands. 

Senate:

55 Democrats

45 Republicans 

H.O.R

252 Democrats (58.8%)

180 Republicans (41.2%)

1988 "broad" preview state-by-state GE 

CON-Toss up

NV-Toss up

MON-Toss up

WYO-Toss up

WI-Toss up

FL-Toss up

WA-Toss up

CA-Lean Rep

NJ-Lean Rep

Nev-tossup

PA-Lean Rep

Non-Competitive primaries 

CON-Joe Lieberman(D) vs Lowell Weicher Jr.(R)(I)

WYO-John Vinich(D) vs Malcolm Wallop(R)(I)

WA-Slade Gorton(R) vs Mike Lowery (D)

CA-Pete Wilson(R)(I) vs Leo T. McCarthy (D)

NJ-Frank Bautenburger(D)(I) vs Pete Dawkins(R)

Solid States (Rep,Dem) not primaries.

DE-Democrats

TX-Republicans

Vermont-Republicans

Tossup Primaries (comp and non comp states)

Montana

D:John Melcher(I) vs Bob Kellcher

R:Conrad Burns vs Tom Faranda

Florida

D:Bill Gunter,Buddy Mackay,Dan Mica,Pat Frank,Claude Kirk,Fred Rader

R:Connie Mack III,Robert Merkle

Nevada

D:Richard Bryan

R:Chic Hecht(I),Paul Laxalt

Pennsylvania

D:Joseph Vignola,Ed Rendell

R:John Heinz III(I),Alexander Haig

Delaware

D:Shien Biau Woo,Samuel Beard

R:William V. Roth(I)

Texas

D:Lloyd Bensten(I),Joe Sullivan

R:Wes Gilbreath,Beau Boulter,Milton Fox,Ned Snead

Vermont

D:Bill Gray

R:Jim Jeffords,Mike Griffes

Wisconsin 

D:Herb Kohl,Tony Earl

R:Susan Engeleiter,Steve King

Generic Congressional Polls

Democrats:48.6%

Republicans:45.4%

und:6%

April 8 Paul Laxalt declines to run for president,will run for Nevada Senate instead

“It is with my great honor to announce my candidacy for the Nevada Senate election next year,our incumbent Republican Senator Chich Hecht is a corrupt,bad man and is the last thing we want representing our party,stand together with me in fighting for the true Republican vision,the vision that our great president Ronald Reagan set fourth for our nation to be thrusted into,the vision that I will fight for,the vision that we as Americans should fight for.” A poll after the announcement for the Nevada Senate Race came out shortly after. Richard Bryan is all but guaranteed to win the Democratic nomination for the Senate race.

Republican nomination 

Paul Laxalt 57.4%,Chris Hecht(I) 35.1%,Undecided 7.5%

Head to heads

Richard Bryan (D) 58.9% vs Chris Hecht (I)(R) 38.3%,undecided 2.8%

Paul Laxalt (R) 49.4% vs Richard Bryan 45.7%,undecided 4.9%

Senator Joe Biden announces bid for President March 28

(Insert pic later,wouldnt work)

In front of a Medium size crowd in front of the Delaware capital building,Delaware Senator Joe Biden announced his intention to run for the Democratic nomination of the United States. Biden expressed his disappoitment in the current economic system,saying how "Trickle Down economoics makes the rich richer,and the poor poorer " Biden was leading in our last Iowa Caucus poll,though as history shows,the first primary doesn't always mean something,as right behind Biden is Rev Jesse Jackson,and Authour Lyndon LaRouche. Biden was sitting at 6% nationally,as people started to doubt if he would run or not,will this give him a bump?

April 25 Texas Senator Lloyd Bensten announces run for president

(insert pic later)

Texas Senator Lloyd Bentsen announced his intention to run for the Democratic nomination for President,Llyod is known as the "Democrat with Republican views in the Senate" Bentsen did so at the University of Texas,with a surprisingly large crowd. Bentsen said how his bi-partisanship will help him succeed as a President. "One of the greatest politicians of all time Henry Clay fed,and succeeded off of bi-partisanship,and unfortunately we do not currently have enough of it to truly succeed as a nation,I will help change that" Bentsen was sitting at an abysmal 2% in our latest poll,in last place,He is expected to receive a large bump,as one of the main reasons we believe he was last was how his views were confused and nobody expected him to run. 

May 6 Ted Kennedy is in!

(insert pic later)

Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy announced his intention to run in front of a massive crowd in a Boston area park. "It is our time now,The time to fight,the time to win once again" Kennedy focused on matters most important to him such as wanting to implement Universal Healthcare,and protection of labor saying "I am the man that believe if you are ill you deserve the treatment that is needed,with no cost,look at European countries such as France,we are far behind in this fight,and I am here to fight for you" CT Sen Chris Dodd who has announced his candidacy also wants universal healthcare. "Life . Liberty. Labor. That's our slogan and it is the truth of my core beliefs" Kennedy said. Kennedy is expected to continue being the front-runner,even more-so now,as he has been leading in the national polls for a while now. 

May 25 Mario Cuomo not running

In an interview with CNN New York Governor Mario Cuomo said that he will not be running for President,at first he was a front runner,but slow skepticism was looming on his intention to run. Cuomo did however say that "I will run,just not now,it is my ultimate goal too not just serve my state,but my nation as a whole"

BREAKING former House Majority Leader,and former Rep. Tip O'Neil running June 8

(insert pic later)

Former House Majority leader,and rep Tip'O Neil announced his intention to run for president. He announced this on a NBC interview. O'neil is back in the political realm,after his recent,and surprising retirement. O'Neil is 75,the oldest person running in the current field. O'Neil said how "The Democratic party needs to get back on track,we need to be for all Americans,and put the citizens of the USA first". Saying how he will have "Moderate and effective policies,on the border,internationally,and at-home" if elected. We do not know were O'Neil will place on the polls,as he used to be prominent,and was a harsh critic of President Reagan. Massachusetts has another man running for President.

BREAKING Trump NOT running as third party,out as canidate

Businessman Donald J. Trump who was initially poling impressively, has officially announced his intention to not run for the presidency. Saying "I won't run now,but it will come,trust me"

NEW CBS Primary poll June 20

Poll notes

Kennedy is in,and he is the front runner it is simple as that,LaRouche has all but basically stopped campaigning after his initially announcement,and impressive poll numbers. Forbes,Biden,Bentsen,all receive bumps,Tip O'Neil surprisingly starts strong. Hatch-Rumsfeld-Robertson and the race for the Republican nomination. Report that ALL candidates running are officially announced,no more people will be announcing there candidacy. Du Pont loses footing,dry on the campaign trail.

-1988 Republican nomination-

Sen Orin Hatch-24%(+7%)

Fmr. Sec. Donald Rumsfeld-19%(+4%)

Rev Pat Robertson-17%(+0%)

Mr.Steve Forbes-11%(+7%)

Rep. Jack Kemp-7%(+1%)

Fmr. Sen. Pete Du Pont-3%(-5%)

undecided-19%(!)

-1988 Democratic nomination-

Sen Ted Kennedy-26%(+7%)

Rev Jesse Jackson-16%(-2%)

Fmr. Rep. Tip O'Neil-13%(new)

Sen Joe Biden-12%(+6%)

Sen Al Gore-9%(+1%)

Sen Chris Dodd-7%(-1%)

Sen Lloyd Bentsen-6%(+4%)

Mr.Lyndon LaRouche-1%(-4%)

undecided-10%

Approve-47%

Disapprove-44%

Don't Know-9%

Generic Republican-46%

Generic Democrat-45%

Don't Know-9%

Out of the two current primary leaders who would you vote for?

Sen. Ted Kennedy-49%

Sen. Orin Hatch-42%

undecided-9%

---Michigan and Iowa Primary polls will be posted after first debates--

FIRST DEBATES:

Republican-August 14

Democrat-August 18

Next posts:

1.all Debates up to pre first primaries/news/polls

2.First Primaries/news/polls

3.All pre Super Tuesday debates,primaries/news/polls

4.Senate Primaries,Congress Races previews/news/polls