270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Presidential Election Board Game

On 5/29/2018 at 7:54 AM, vcczar said:

What games do you play? I play Star Wars BF2, GTA5, and grand strategy games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Nobunaga's Ambition. I also play a lot of detective games. Overall, I rarely play the PS4 now because I don't have time. 

Kinda late to the party here but I'm playing Fallout 4, and Fallout New Vegas (both heavily modded, preparing for the release Fallout 76 this year), NBA 2k18, and am probably going to replay the Witcher 3 soon. Probably going to pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2, which also comes out this year.

2 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Kinda late to the party here but I'm playing Fallout 4, and Fallout New Vegas (both heavily modded, preparing for the release Fallout 76 this year), NBA 2k18, and am probably going to replay the Witcher 3 soon. Probably going to pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2, which also comes out this year.

I play Fall Out 4 and NBA2k (17 or 18). I haven't played either in awhile. I'll get RDR2 only if it gets great reviews. 

57 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I play Fall Out 4 and NBA2k (17 or 18). I haven't played either in awhile. I'll get RDR2 only if it gets great reviews. 

What do you think of Fallout 76? Idk about multiplayer, but I've been a fan of the franchise since 3 released 10 years ago.

4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

What do you think of Fallout 76? Idk about multiplayer, but I've been a fan of the franchise since 3 released 10 years ago.

I don't know anything about it. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I don't know anything about it. 

They showed some gameplay on it yesterday at E3. They also announced a sequel to Skyrim. (but it's a long way off)

Probably gonna pick up NBA 2k19 since LeBron's the cover athlete this year. You watch the Finals?

4 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

It looks like we have no games even remotely in common outside those discussed specifically on these forums made by TheorySpark. It's quite unfortunate. :(

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

It looks like we have no games even remotely in common outside those discussed specifically on these forums made by TheorySpark. It's quite unfortunate. :(

Idk what platforms you have but you should update your platforms, or maybe get a console. I'm sure there's a lot of games out now that you'd enjoy. Though I admit, sometimes you have to look kind of deep, as the industry isn't quite as humble as it used to be.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Idk what platforms you have but you should update your platforms, or maybe get a console. I'm sure there's a lot of games out now that you'd enjoy. Though I admit, sometimes you have to look kind of deep, as the industry isn't quite as humble as it used to be.

Well, that's one big thing - I don't use a console. I only play electronic games at all on a Windows computer.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, that's one big thing - I don't use a console. I only play electronic games at all on a Windows computer.

You should look in to maybe getting a console sometime. They're cheaper than buying a super powerful PC. Have you ever considered getting one?

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

You should look in to maybe getting a console sometime. They're cheaper than buying a super powerful PC. Have you ever considered getting one?

Not really seriously. Most of the games I play (strategy games and MMO's) are usually made exclusively for PC's or Mac's (usually because data storage, saved games, and mods and custom scenarios and campaigns for such games is far more easily handled and managed on a PC or Mac), which is why I've stuck to a PC all this time, I guess.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Not really seriously. Most of the games I play (strategy games and MMO's) are usually made exclusively for PC's or Mac's (usually because data storage, saved games, and mods and custom scenarios and campaigns for such games is far more easily handled and managed on a PC or Mac), which is why I've stuck to a PC all this time, I guess.

The only strategy game I recommend you get for PS4, if you ever get one, is Romance of the Three Kingdoms--it's a military and governmental game; although, not as complexly governmental as I'd want. The goal is to unify China, but you have to be general if you don't want to be. 

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

They showed some gameplay on it yesterday at E3. They also announced a sequel to Skyrim. (but it's a long way off)

Probably gonna pick up NBA 2k19 since LeBron's the cover athlete this year. You watch the Finals?

I haven't really watched basketball since I was a kid. When I was about your age, I used to watch every sport. Once I went to college, I only kept watching NFL Football. I keep up with NFL Football, but I only watch some games now, but I keep up with the stats and scores regularly (and play Fantasy Football). 

29 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I haven't really watched basketball since I was a kid. When I was about your age, I used to watch every sport. Once I went to college, I only kept watching NFL Football. I keep up with NFL Football, but I only watch some games now, but I keep up with the stats and scores regularly (and play Fantasy Football). 

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

One of my very favourite games - which, in fact, was my very first true PC game on my first true PC - a Windows 95 machine with a 2GB HD and I THINK 256 MB of RAM, which was standard for the day - was Civilization 2, which I still own and play to this day. In fact, much like TheorySpark, you could edit scenarios for Civ2 with immense variance and a lot of changes from the "standard game" by just editing bitmaps and text files (as well as a map editor provided with the game). It's a real gem and classic that keeps on giving after more than 20 years and still has an active (if small) online community.

7 hours ago, vcczar said:

You should post or PM me your Ps4 name and maybe we could play together sometime.

7 hours ago, Patine said:

One of my very favourite games - which, in fact, was my very first true PC game on my first true PC - a Windows 95 machine with a 2GB HD and I THINK 256 MB of RAM, which was standard for the day - was Civilization 2, which I still own and play to this day. In fact, much like TheorySpark, you could edit scenarios for Civ2 with immense variance and a lot of changes from the "standard game" by just editing bitmaps and text files (as well as a map editor provided with the game). It's a real gem and classic that keeps on giving after more than 20 years and still has an active (if small) online community.

That reminds me of this post I read a long time ago on Reddit. After a quick search I found it: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/uxpil/ive_been_playing_the_same_game_of_civilization_ii/

This guy played the same game of Civ 2 for 10 years. I'm sure you'd enjoy reading it (despite it being on a popular social media)

5 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

You should post or PM me your Ps4 name and maybe we could play together sometime.

It's the same name as I have here. The only multiplayer games I play with other people are Star Wars Battlefront 2 and GTA5. With sports games, I usually just play the game like a general manager or owner. I like building the rosters season after season. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

It's the same name as I have here. The only multiplayer games I play with other people are Star Wars Battlefront 2 and GTA5. With sports games, I usually just play the game like a general manager or owner. I like building the rosters season after season. 

That's what I do with 2k. Doing a rebuild of the Cavs if LeBron leaves.