• Gov. Charlie Baker
    • Fmr Pres. Barack Obama
    • Fmr VP Joe Biden
    • Fmr Gov. Mitt Romney
    • None of the above

New poll

15 minutes ago, vcczar said:

New poll

Note, that several of the above (Cory Booker, Susan Collins, Terry McAuliffe, and Charlie Baker) I don't really know enough about to make an educated statement on them, and left them blank for that reason, not an intrinsic lack of respect either.

Respect:

John McCain

Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren

Cory Booker

Rand Paul

Susan Collins

John Kasich

Barack Obama

Joe Biden

Well, that is difficult for me. I believe that everyone should respect other people as long they do not face disrespect from them personally. Therefore I have to vote everyone on that list, because no  one disrespected me and although I am not in line (based on my/their views) with some of them I respect them as a person anyway. Disrespecting someone is for me no matter of political accordance.

5 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Well, that is difficult for me. I believe that everyone should respect other people as long they do not face disrespect from them personally. Therefore I have to vote everyone on that list, because no  one disrespected me and although I am not in line (based on my/their views) with some of them I respect them as a person anyway. Disrespecting someone is for me no matter of political accordance.

Trump wanted to declare a big trade war against the EU, which includes Austria! :P

Plus, I don't believe @vcczar refers to the simple modicum of respect usually expected in civil company. I think he was referring moreso to respectability, integrity, and credibility in how they perform and conduct themselves in their position, and publically as a whole, but not necessarily agreeing with them ideologically or sharing partisan lines as a definite essential.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Trump wanted to declare a big trade war against the EU, which includes Austria! :P

Plus, I don't believe @vcczar refers to the simple modicum of respect usually expected in civil company. I think he was referring moreso to respectability, integrity, and credibility in how they perform and conduct themselves in their position, and publically as a whole, but not necessarily agreeing with them ideologically or sharing partisan lines as a definite essential.

Ok I will consider that hahah

1 hour ago, Patine said:

@Conservative Elector 2 Yeah, I mean it more by integrity, credibility, personal conduct. I see Trump as lacking in all of these, and I see Cruz and Pence as the type of wrong-headed Christians that are more akin to Satanists than they are to Jesus Christ, so I usually refer to them as closet Satanists. They use "Christianity" to increase their personal power, ambitions, and probably personal wealth, and cotton pick the aspects of Jesus that suit their path to apply to legislation and government policy, but ignored the majority of it which would violate their platform and personal ambitions. 

50 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Conservative Elector 2 Yeah, I mean it more by integrity, credibility, personal conduct. I see Trump as lacking in all of these, and I see Cruz and Pence as the type of wrong-headed Christians that are more akin to Satanists than they are to Jesus Christ, so I usually refer to them as closet Satanists. They use "Christianity" to increase their personal power, ambitions, and probably personal wealth, and cotton pick the aspects of Jesus that suit their path to apply to legislation and government policy, but ignored the majority of it which would violate their platform and personal ambitions. 

These "wolves in sheep's clothing" (I prefer not to use "Satanist," myself, as that has other connotations), corrupting and twisting Christian scriptures, even preaching anathema to it, for ulterior, evil, and greed-dominated ends - such as the so-called "Dominionist," "Theonymist," "Charismatic Evangelical," "Fundamentalist," etc. movements, have an almost direct analog who do exactly the same thing in Islam - the Wahabi, Deodandi, hard Shi'a, and other such groups - and both are vile stains upon the religions they claim to follow and represent, leading so many astray. The REAL tragedy is that because these groups are so vocal, flamboyant, and ubiquitous, that many people, especially those who are not part of said religion, or those who are, but are quite moderate, come to believe that that is truly how that religion's doctrine is really meant to be - alienating many who might join said religion if it was presented to them in the proper spirit and message, and attracting all the wrong people to join for all the wrong reasons...

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:16 PM, vcczar said:

New poll

Even though he's not listed above, and hasn't been an active politician for about three years, I want to make a write-in vote for John Boehner, especially after reading his two post-retirement interviews, one just made very recently.

44 minutes ago, Patine said:

Even though he's not listed above, and hasn't been an active politician for about three years, I want to make a write-in vote for John Boehner, especially after reading his two post-retirement interviews, one just made very recently.

He's been better in retirement. It seems like most Republicans come to their senses when they aren't running for reelection. I think that's because they are posturing during their career. 

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

He's been better in retirement. It seems like most Republicans come to their senses when they aren't running for reelection. I think that's because they are posturing during their career. 

Even George W. Bush, other than the notable gesture of refusing to endorse Trump and saying, once or twice, he thought Jeb would be a great President and he wanted him to win, has made almost no political commentary to any public outlet since leaving office. His paintings have gained more coverage in that period.

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I mean, they are constantly under attack from the more right wing of the party every two years during the primaries. Hell my Congressman, Mark Sanford(An open Trump critic) has began going around the district reminding voters that he agrees with the President. Not because Mark woke up one day and had a change of heart, but because he is in a somewhat tough primary. 

13 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I mean, they are constantly under attack from the more right wing of the party every two years during the primaries. Hell my Congressman, Mark Sanford(An open Trump critic) has began going around the district reminding voters that he agrees with the President. Not because Mark woke up one day and had a change of heart, but because he is in a somewhat tough primary. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sanford previously a Governor of South Carolina? A Congressman seems a step down from that - usually the next higher up attempt at office is Senator. Or am I wrong about Sanford's previous office?

9 hours ago, Patine said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sanford previously a Governor of South Carolina? A Congressman seems a step down from that - usually the next higher up attempt at office is Senator. Or am I wrong about Sanford's previous office?

Correct! He was our governor, best known for his affair with an Argentinian woman that nearly allowed a Democrat to win the governor's race in 2010(during both: the height of his sex scandal, and the height of the recession).

Typically yes going back to the House is a demotion, but Sanford has deep ties to my district- he has a local real estate business in a suburb of Charleston(plus was Congressman from the district prior to being governor)-and is good friends members of the local Republican Party. The special election of 2013, showcased this fact. That despite his infidelity, the Republican Party in the area  mobilized voters in the retirement communities that span the district.