270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheMiddlePolitical

An Alternative Electoral history of the United States 1788-Future

-2 year,unlimited terms,With each year having a "Confidence" Vote in which 100 electors from the government,and parties vote on if the president should be able to continue there term(Simple Majority). (CAN CHANGE)

Ex: For the 2nd year of the 2nd term for Donald Trump The electors vote-Confident-with a vote total of 52-45-3(A)

-pop. vote system

-Overview of primaries,General Election,Cabinet,and year by year summaries.

Year by year congress makeup + results of important congressional elections. 

@vcczar @Patine Was wondering what you guys thought about the 2 years,unlimited term,vote of confidence idea.

I will be doing very big right up's for this timeline,I was inspired by the timelines on alternatehistory.com and there incredible job they do. 

29 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

@vcczar @Patine Was wondering what you guys thought about the 2 years,unlimited term,vote of confidence idea.

I will be doing very big right up's for this timeline,I was inspired by the timelines on alternatehistory.com and there incredible job they do. 

I'm kind of wondering if your going to respond to my recent response to a thread you'd started a month or two ago...

Jan 1 1788

The Philadelphia press

Election_Day_1815_by_John_Lewis_Krimmel.jpg

We as a nation are preparing for our first true leader to the United States of America. On this day 13 men have announced there intentions to lead this country for the future of the Union. These men include Sec. John Jay, Fmr. Gov. John Rutledge, Gov. John Hancock, Gov. George Clinton, Fmr. Gov. Edward Telfair, Amb. Thomas Jefferson, Gen. Artemas Ward, Mr. Samuel Adams, Mr. Robert Morris, Rep. James Madison, 82 year old inventor and governor Benjamin Franklin, Mr. Thomas Paine, and finally Gen. Horatio Gates, Who will our country choose to lead? A man of government? A citizen who was prevalent in the revolution? A General of War? Or an Inventor?

The Philadelphia political press did a study,and a scientific polling overview on this day Jan 1, on were our current race stands for the presidency.  It showed as follows. These are the top 5 Candidates who are all within reaching distance (polled over 5%)

Adams 16.1%

Franklin 15.3%

Hancock 10.4%

Ward 6.7%

Jefferson 5..7%

It has shown currently that Revolutionary hero Samuel Adams is head to head with Governor and inventor Benjamin Franklin.

8 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Jan 1 1788

Election_Day_1815_by_John_Lewis_Krimmel.jpg

That's not the U.S. Flag in 1788. It looks closer to the 1824-1836 flag...

@Patine You can't expect @TheMiddlePolitical to ever finish anything he starts. He agree to do things, or says he's going to do things, but then disappears for a long period of time. I can't think of single thing he's joined that I've embarked on that he's lasted more than a month. This is one reason I can't endorse him as a politician in any sense. He's arguably the most fickle person I've met. He agrees to do something, and I feel he is very excited about it, but disappeared. He likes new things, but that's about it, it seems. Don't expect him to finish this playthrough. He's got dreams but no substance. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Patine You can't expect @TheMiddlePolitical to ever finish anything he starts. He agree to do things, or says he's going to do things, but then disappears for a long period of time. I can't think of single thing he's joined that I've embarked on that he's lasted more than a month. This is one reason I can't endorse him as a politician in any sense. He's arguably the most fickle person I've met. He agrees to do something, and I feel he is very excited about it, but disappeared. He likes new things, but that's about it, it seems. Don't expect him to finish this playthrough. He's got dreams but no substance. 

This is true,it's cause I am a pretty impulsive thinking person and something on a forum is on the more bottom half of my list. I definitely have a list of to do's on this forum. But in real life I am very committed in every aspect of my time and efforts. 

1 hour ago, Patine said:

That's not the U.S. Flag in 1788. It looks closer to the 1824-1836 flag...

@vcczar and I wouldn't say a forum thread isn't a dream... I am actively editing my two alternate threads (Tyrone Ramsey Political Career,General election only which is basically ended,i did it to 2016) Now my campaigns I will definitely work on but I want voting blocs and such in first. 

5 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

This is true,it's cause I am a pretty impulsive thinking person and something on a forum is on the more bottom half of my list. I definitely have a list of to do's on this forum. But in real life I am very committed in every aspect of my time and efforts. 

@vcczar is a certified and teaching college professor and I'm a full-time government bureaucrat, both with mature family obligations (though not children in my case, or seemingly @vcczar's, but still), and we can still get most (though admittedly, not all) of what we promise to do on these forums done, if slower than we would like, without vanishing for several weeks and expecting others' view of we've promised to commit to have magically reset every time.