270soft Forum

Hi everyone,

I've made a PMI Canada scenario for Prince Edward Island 2015, including a map made from scratch thanks to the incredibly helpful tutorial posted a few weeks back. I believe this would be the first PEI campaign in 270soft/TheorySpark history, from a quick browse of the Campaigns site and the forum, as well as being the first scenario I've created completely from scratch. I have attached it to this post in case you'd like to have a look at it and I hope to be able to post it on the campaigns site soon. It's missing PEI-specific issues and positions, as well as surrogates, at the moment. I've also taken out most of the endorsers that were in the Canada 2015 campaign I used as the base for this and added in the two major PEI newspapers. The percentages are based on the final results of the RL election as I'm not sure of what the change in polls during the campaign was. 

Any help on these points from people far more versed in Canadian and PEI politics (if we have any people versed in PEI politics!) would be very much appreciated!

PEI - 2015.zip

1 hour ago, willpaddyg said:

Hi everyone,

I've made a PMI Canada scenario for Prince Edward Island 2015, including a map made from scratch thanks to the incredibly helpful tutorial posted a few weeks back. I believe this would be the first PEI campaign in 270soft/TheorySpark history, from a quick browse of the Campaigns site and the forum, as well as being the first scenario I've created completely from scratch. I have attached it to this post in case you'd like to have a look at it and I hope to be able to post it on the campaigns site soon. It's missing PEI-specific issues and positions, as well as surrogates, at the moment. I've also taken out most of the endorsers that were in the Canada 2015 campaign I used as the base for this and added in the two major PEI newspapers. The percentages are based on the final results of the RL election as I'm not sure of what the change in polls during the campaign was. 

Any help on these points from people far more versed in Canadian and PEI politics (if we have any people versed in PEI politics!) would be very much appreciated!

PEI - 2015.zip

I will give it a look, yes. And it is the first PEI election made by a TheorySpark game that I know of. Of course, the fact the PEI Provincial Elections are by far the most boring, static, and predictable, especially in terms of long-term trends, of any Canadian Province might have contributed to it's significant delay in scenario representation. But I will look at this with an open mind, regardless.

19 minutes ago, Patine said:

I will give it a look, yes. And it is the first PEI election made by a TheorySpark game that I know of. Of course, the fact the PEI Provincial Elections are by far the most boring, static, and predictable, especially in terms of long-term trends, of any Canadian Province might have contributed to it's significant delay in scenario representation. But I will look at this with an open mind, regardless.

I hope there's now an opportunity to play around and make them less boring, static and predictable! We've got scenarios for the largest provinces now and I like the idea of having more provincial scenarios so I thought I would start with the smallest (although certainly not the easiest to make a map of!)

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:02 PM, Patine said:

Back in the early days of the board, there was discussion about a PEI scenario. I remember a couple of editors arguing over which one would make it, and in the end I don't think it was ever finished. I still have the map they were using on my computer, but considering how old it is, this new map in the scenario is much better. I'm going to try scenario when I get a chance.

Just now, Caper08 said:

Back in the early days of the board, there was discussion about a PEI scenario. I remember a couple of editors arguing over which one would make it, and in the end I don't think it was ever finished. I still have the map they were using on my computer, but considering how old it is, this new map in the scenario is much better. I'm going to try scenario when I get a chance.

I remember those discussions, actually. I think the REALLY tricky ones would be Nunavut and the NWT, due to the official lack of visible, organized, and campaigned-on political parties, and the "consensus" selection of the Premier and the three or four cabinet ministers...