270soft Forum
vcczar

2020 Election Scenario update (May 2018)

I'm casually updating the 2020 scenario again:

• Rep. Gutierrez has announced that he will not run for president, focusing on Latino turnout. He was turned ON, but will now be turned OFF. 

Here are two question for all those that read this:

1. Will any Republican challenge Trump? If so, who?

2. Name up to five Democrats you think are more likely than not to challenge Trump in 2020. 

16 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'm casually updating the 2020 scenario again:

• Rep. Gutierrez has announced that he will not run for president, focusing on Latino turnout. He was turned ON, but will now be turned OFF. 

Here are two question for all those that read this:

1. Will any Republican challenge Trump? If so, who?

2. Name up to five Democrats you think are more likely than not to challenge Trump in 2020. 

1) The only Republican I can see challenging Trump- if the election was today- would be some neocon like Graham. Thing is, I can't think of any republican going to Iowa or New Hampshire right now.

2)

1. Senator Kamala Harris of California
  2. Senator Gillibrand of New York
  3. Former Vice President Joe Biden
  4.  Congressman Seth Moulten of Massachusetts 
  5. Governor Steve Bullock of Montana

10 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

1) The only Republican I can see challenging Trump- if the election was today- would be some neocon like Graham. Thing is, I can't think of any republican going to Iowa or New Hampshire right now.

2)

1. Senator Kamala Harris of California
  2. Senator Gillibrand of New York
  3. Former Vice President Joe Biden
  4.  Congressman Seth Moulten of Massachusetts 
  5. Governor Steve Bullock of Montana

The Republicans are losing their own party to an incendiary, uneducated populist who has no real vision or real idea what he's doing and probably only entered the 2015 Primary race in the first place as a PR stunt that got a lot more momentum and carried a lot further than he had anticipated and who had too much pride and too little sense to bow out. As Trump himself likes to say, "sad!"

16 hours ago, vcczar said:

Kamala Harris

Joe Biden

Bernie Sanders

Kirsten Gillibrand

Cory Booker

@vcczar My criticism of Trump aside, while I would like to give an insightful answer here, I find that I don't really know enough about the current crop of Democratic Party favourites or likely GOP dissidents to make a real educated prognosis for 2020. I must apologize and admit to my limits there.