270soft Forum
NYJIm77

2018 NY Gubernatorial Election

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2018/05/11/2018-ny-gubernatorial/

NYGopGuy/NYJim77, happy to finally be getting involved in the community.

A couple of months ago I created an early rendition of the 2018 NY Gubernatorial Election using a previously posted 2010 scenario, but not so accurate as to candidates and information. It was also early in the race, so candidates who never ran full, successful campaigns were involved. 

I updated the scenario with the projected final nominees, fixed percentages, endorsements, and events. 

Hope you enjoy. 

10 minutes ago, NYJIm77 said:

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2018/05/11/2018-ny-gubernatorial/

NYGopGuy/NYJim77, happy to finally be getting involved in the community.

A couple of months ago I created an early rendition of the 2018 NY Gubernatorial Election using a previously posted 2010 scenario, but not so accurate as to candidates and information. It was also early in the race, so candidates who never ran full, successful campaigns were involved. 

I updated the scenario with the projected final nominees, fixed percentages, endorsements, and events. 

Hope you enjoy. 

Is the "Rent is 2 Damn High" Party in it?

Just now, Patine said:

Is the "Rent is 2 Damn High" Party in it?

Can confirm the "Rent is 2 Damn High" Party is not in it (at the moment). 

@NYJIm77 You want to do the AG race now that it's contested because of the whole schneiderman thing?

22 hours ago, NYJIm77 said:

Can confirm the "Rent is 2 Damn High" Party is not in it (at the moment). 

I actually have a large number of State-specific (not generic Federal) party logos for New York State cropped to the dimensions used in the TheorySpark games, if your interested (including all the ones you listed, and several others - including the Rent is 2 Damn High Party).

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I actually have a large number of State-specific (not generic Federal) party logos for New York State cropped to the dimensions used in the TheorySpark games, if your interested (including all the ones you listed, and several others - including the Rent is 2 Damn High Party).

Any chance you want to do the coming contested AG election.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Any chance you want to do the coming contested AG election.

I'm afraid not. There's only a select number Statewide U.S. elections I have on my possible docket, and they're all historical (the 1990's being the most recent era of them) and all have a strong Independent or Third Party challenger or very strong Primary challenger who significantly breaks their party mold (in both cases I have in mind here, in a way where a new and strong Third Party ends up forming around them after said election). I can send you the above mentioned party logos gladly, but I can't guarantee much else is likely. I'm just being honest.

I'm so glad this was made! I did notice, though, that Cynthia Nixon is only in the WFP when in real life she is challenging Cuomo in the Democratic primary. Is that a part of this campaign or will it be at some point?

2 hours ago, lizphairphreak said:

I'm so glad this was made! I did notice, though, that Cynthia Nixon is only in the WFP when in real life she is challenging Cuomo in the Democratic primary. Is that a part of this campaign or will it be at some point?

I wanted to include her, but was unsure if I should, as I previously had a glitch in the game where (with another scenario) I had the same candidate running in two different parties, making the scenario unplayable. 

Yeah I wish there was a way in general for candidates to switch parties and continue their campaigns as circumstances allow. For example a what if scenario where Bernie Sanders accepted Jill Steins offer to run as a Green Party candidate after losing the dem primary.

29 minutes ago, FrancisXKennedy said:

Yeah I wish there was a way in general for candidates to switch parties and continue their campaigns as circumstances allow. For example a what if scenario where Bernie Sanders accepted Jill Steins offer to run as a Green Party candidate after losing the dem primary.

Or even just making the 1912 U.S. Presidential Election work as it actually did.

22 minutes ago, Patine said:

Or even just making the 1912 U.S. Presidential Election work as it actually did.

Yeah that was actually the first scenario where I noticed the game lacked that mechanic.