270soft Forum

I want to know what everyone would be interested in. Would you rather I made Senate scenarios for Congress infinity or Mexican General Election scenarios?

2 minutes ago, FrancisXKennedy said:

Mexican GE sounds pretty exciting, what year/s?

I'm thinking of 2006, 2000, 1994, 1988.

I'm also thinking of making an app to allow for seats to be calculated for non-FPTP systems. @vcczar @Patine

5 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I'm thinking of 2006, 2000, 1994, 1988.

Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in that. It'd be cool to see one for the current election as well, but the years you've got in mind are all great too.

31 minutes ago, FrancisXKennedy said:

Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in that. It'd be cool to see one for the current election as well, but the years you've got in mind are all great too.

If I do make these scenarios I might add a few what if candidates.

22 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

If I do make these scenarios I might add a few what if candidates.

Good deal, I’ll keep my eyes peeled and I’ll be happy to mess with the scenario once it’s up.

Does anyone know how to make any party logos? 😂 I'm honestly terrible at making them. Candidate images I can probably make as we actually have a tutorial for that. 

3 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Does anyone know how to make any party logos? 😂 I'm honestly terrible at making them. Candidate images I can probably make as we actually have a tutorial for that. 

I could make some for you. They might not be superimposed on those perfect grid backgrounds, but they'd be the right dimensions to work.

4 hours ago, FrancisXKennedy said:

Personally, I, myself, would be more interested to push even further back. I find, for the most part, historical elections much more interesting than imminent, current, or very recent elections, but that's a personal taste.

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

I could make some for you. They might not be superimposed on those perfect grid backgrounds, but they'd be the right dimensions to work.

I would appreciate it! It'll be a big help! If i do start these making these scenarios, I'll definitely work back to more historical scenarios.

Just now, TheLiberalKitten said:

I would appreciate it! It'll be a big help! If i do start these making these scenarios, I'll definitely work back to more historical scenarios.

I also happen to have (as I had mentioned to @vcczar) the Independent "letter-I" logo with the letter shaded in quite a few different colours for different independent candidates in the same scenario.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I also happen to have (as I had mentioned to @vcczar) the Independent "letter-I" logo with the letter shaded in quite a few different colours for different independent candidates in the same scenario.

That would be useful as well!

16 minutes ago, Patine said:

Personally, I, myself, would be more interested to push even further back. I find, for the most part, historical elections much more interesting than imminent, current, or very recent elections, but that's a personal taste.

I like both. This election year is just of particular interest to me since my mothers boyfriend has been extremely excited for it. His enthusiasm has worn off onto me you could say.

5 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I want to know what everyone would be interested in. Would you rather I made Senate scenarios for Congress infinity or Mexican General Election scenarios?

Also, about the Mexican General Election, it has three parts every six years (two parts every three years after/before a Presidential Election) - the Presidential, Chamber of Deputies, and Senatorial Elections (or just the latter two in a non-Presidential election), and each would require it's own scenario by a TheorySpark game. It's just that in Mexico, these elections are promoted as single event, unlike in the U.S., where they're promoted and viewed as completely separately events, even if happening in the same year...

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Also, about the Mexican General Election, it has three parts every six years (two parts every three years after/before a Presidential Election) - the Presidential, Chamber of Deputies, and Senatorial Elections (or just the latter two in a non-Presidential election), and each would require it's own scenario by a TheorySpark. It's just that in Mexico, these elections are promoted as single event, unlike in the U.S., where they're promoted and viewed as completely separately events, even if happening in the same year...

President infinity would be best for the presidential level, while the others would vary.

4 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

President infinity would be best for the presidential level, while the others would vary.

The Chamber of Deputies is basically MMP, the system used in K4E I've been hounding Anthony to make an updated version of in the new PMI engine that's he's resisted giving any commitment to stanchly...

Just now, Patine said:

The Chamber of Deputies is basically MMP, the system used in K4E I've been hounding Anthony to make an updated version of in the new PMI engine that's resisting giving any commitment to stanchly...

It definitely would be useful! especially for scenario creators as it'll allow for more then just elections that are FPTP

@Patine I think I won't be needing party logos as I managed to create some for the 2000 election. Thank you for offering to help. :) it's much appreciated. If anyone wants to use them here they are. They're not all of them that i plan to make but they are for the 2000 Mexican presidential election.

DEMOCRACIA SOCIAL.bmp

PAN.bmp

PARM.bmp

PRD.bmp

PRI.bmp

On 5/11/2018 at 10:03 PM, Patine said:

The Chamber of Deputies is basically MMP, the system used in K4E I've been hounding Anthony to make an updated version of in the new PMI engine that's he's resisted giving any commitment to stanchly...

On 5/11/2018 at 4:37 PM, NYrepublican said:

I'm also thinking of making an app to allow for seats to be calculated for non-FPTP systems. @vcczar @Patine

I know this is a month old but does Mexico have any primaries? I tried searching up if the 2000 Election had one but so far I got nothing.

1 hour ago, CHILLYKILLERBOMB said:

I know this is a month old but does Mexico have any primaries? I tried searching up if the 2000 Election had one but so far I got nothing.

Private party nominating committees, I believe. Certainly not anything resembling U.S. Primaries.