270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Edouard

Quebec 2018

i know somethings have here too at all , if i live in canada i will want one more conservative party(i have possible to vote in one centerleft anti immigration) i think macron will be in liberals have a lot of things he are more similiar, i know more in nationals level at canada, obvious people with live in country knows more, example if i say bolsonaro are more similiar in immigration to one centerleft candidate or if i say he are left in socialprograms/health people will think i crazy since see only one perspective view, i have see canada are more centrist political since steveharper are one of more rightwing of party in time of PM,but the immigration in country have changed in last decade,i see historical usa(since60') are more liberal than canada athough more discussions about that

3 hours ago, victorraiders said:

i know somethings have here too at all , if i live in canada i will want one more conservative party(i have possible to vote in one centerleft anti immigration) i think macron will be in liberals have a lot of things he are more similiar, i know more in nationals level at canada, obvious people with live in country knows more, example if i say bolsonaro are more similiar in immigration to one centerleft candidate or if i say he are left in socialprograms/health people will think i crazy since see only one perspective view, i have see canada are more centrist political since steveharper are one of more rightwing of party in time of PM,but the immigration in country have changed in last decade,i see historical usa(since60') are more liberal than canada athough more discussions about that

There is another conservative party ("small-c" conservative) called the People's Party, that broke off the main Conservative Party last year over a number of sharp disagreements between Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer and maverick MP Maxime Bernier, who had also run against Scheer in the Conservative leadership race after the resignation of former Conservative PM Stephen Harper in the wake of the Liberal victory and Conservative defeat in 2015 and is running in the Federal Election in October. However, though not "imperceptible" on the electoral polling radar, the People's Party currently poll at slightly over or slightly under the Green Party, who currently have one seat (which the People's Party does too - but only Bernier, who became a floor-crosser when he founded the party). However, if Scheer makes any more serious gaffes like the several he has in the last few months, and they aren't of the type that feed Liberal or NDP (or Bloc) polls, maybe he and his party will accomplish something.

11 hours ago, victorraiders said:

Yes as said @Patine the kind of party you would vote for exists in Canada 😛

Maxime Bernier launched an anti-immigration party but for me he was a libertarian who seeked a way to get more supports and made a terrible decision.

Many libertarians who could be members of his party in Canada including the person with I am are reluctent because of immigration's stances.

Now he has ultra religious candidates in some constituencies which has almost ended his party.

Legault been successfull at his schism with the Parti Québécois because he gone right before to centralize himself, I'm not sure the same tactic would work for Bernier at Canadian level.

But pretty sure he will be re-elected in his constituency of Beauce.

Beauce is a countryside place where his father already was the MP in 1993, the only independent elected in Quebec and probably Canada while there was a wave of Liberals and Bloquists.