270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Edouard

Quebec 2018

image.png.989f7f0907d5af4c25e1465423f6f4d0.pngPlayed as PQ. Ran a fairly good campaign, I'd say. Didn't go for any newspaper endorsements either. It said to expect 17 seats going into election day, and we ended out with 20. 

20 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

image.png.989f7f0907d5af4c25e1465423f6f4d0.pngPlayed as PQ. Ran a fairly good campaign, I'd say. Didn't go for any newspaper endorsements either. It said to expect 17 seats going into election day, and we ended out with 20. 

you played great :)!

Events I added are hugely favorizing Quebec Solidaire as they made big gains with CAQ and the Liberal litteraly collapsed

On 1/24/2019 at 7:53 PM, darkmoon72 said:

My best as Couillard.  I'll play again at some point soon as the PQ and post my results then.

Quebec-Couillard-2018-my-best.jpg.7508a5c751ded32e046bec2f6330f55f.jpg

Wooow!

This is among my best parties too (as the own creator of the mod 😛)

You played very very well

A good bet can be to unseat some of the safest places of Quebec for each parties

For CAQ : Granby and La Peltrie

For PQ : Matane Matapédia and Gaspé

Fun fact : the current interim ruler of the PQ, is Pascal Bérubé who is the MP of Matane Matapédia, he constantly increased his own majorities in Matane Matapédia despite the PQ's fall in national (which passed from 32% nationally in 2012 to 17,7% in 2018)

In 2018 : He got 70% of the vote in his seat. All his opponents admit he's an outstanding MP.

For PLQ : the whole western Montréal D'Arcy McQueen, Robert Baldwin, Jacques Cartier

For QS : Mercier and Gouin (but Sainte Marie Saint Jacques can be interesting).

Just to continue news about Quebec post election :

Quebecers are in a honeymoon with François Legault

CAQ is up at 42% if an election would be held today (+3%) and Legault's government as a net approval rate of 63% which is the biggest since Charest's governement 15 years ago

50% of the francophones are voting for CAQ

In second the Liberal Party of Quebec is down at 10% within the francophone vote (and 63% in the anglophone and allophone vote which gives 22% nationally).

The Liberal Party of Quebec has lost almost all its francophone vote, in Quebec's region the Liberals downed to only 9% of the vote while a lot of ministers of Couillard were elected here in 2014.

The Parti Québécois is at 18% and tries to keep up while Quebec Solidaire is at 15%.

But in the same time some people believe (I heard this I just report) that Legault would still be sovereignist and who would have a clash strategy with Canada, to create back the conditions of a sovereignist rise in future.

The clash with Alberta has been really strong over oil, and a poll showed that the whole Canada but specially Alberta were in a really bad relationship with Quebec maybe @Patine can confirm.

4 hours ago, Edouard said:

The clash with Alberta has been really strong over oil, and a poll showed that the whole Canada but specially Alberta were in a really bad relationship with Quebec maybe @Patine can confirm.

Funny enough, when Preston Manning founded the Reform Party in 1987, he fully supported a distinct society and greater autonomy for Quebec - as long as the four Western Provinces got the same degree of recognition and autonomy. He also supported Quebec having practical legal unilingualism of the French language in their borders - so long as the Western Provinces weren't forced, by the same token, to overly cater to the French language outside certain municipalities - like Legal, Alberta, or some strongly Francophone Manitoba towns, for instance.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Il est assez drôle de constater que lorsque Preston Manning a fondé le Parti réformiste en 1987, il appuyait pleinement une société distincte et une plus grande autonomie pour le Québec, à condition que les quatre provinces de l’Ouest obtiennent le même degré de reconnaissance et d’autonomie. Il a également soutenu l'idée d'un unilinguisme juridique pratique de la langue française au Québec - tant que les provinces de l'Ouest ne sont pas obligées, de la même manière, de trop se préoccuper de la langue française à l'extérieur de certaines municipalités - comme Legal, Alberta ou certaines villes manitobaines fortement francophones, par exemple.

Yes and you know that Harper who was his second played a key role in the Parti Québécois' crisis by refusing to answer to Pauline Marois in the past and having a very limited federal policy regarding Quebec

Are you going to vote for Kenney and the Conservative party of Alberta in May and his referendum bid to change the perequation 😛?

Just now, Edouard said:

Yes and you know that Harper who was his second played a key role in the Parti Québécois' crisis by refusing to answer to Pauline Marois in the past and having a very limited federal policy regarding Quebec

Are you going to vote for Kenney and the Conservative party of Alberta in May and his referendum bid to change the perequation 😛?

No. I'm voting for Stephen Mandel's moderate, centrist, and balanced Alberta Party.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:32 PM, Patine said:

No. I'm voting for Stephen Mandel's moderate, centrist, and balanced Alberta Party.

I would probably vote same.

Strange this political situation around provinces...

Atlantic are constatly led by liberals or left governments but often liberals.

Quebec and Ontario have left and right but these right are often really moderate while the left can really go far.

Manitoba Saskatchewan and Alberta are likely right wing states where left has a really hard time to exist.

British Colombia is balanced but slightly righter than left...

6 minutes ago, Edouard said:

I would probably vote same.

Strange this political situation around provinces...

Atlantic are constatly led by liberals or left governments but often liberals.

Quebec and Ontario have left and right but these right are often really moderate while the left can really go far.

Manitoba Saskatchewan and Alberta are likely right wing states where left has a really hard time to exist.

British Colombia is balanced but slightly righter than left...

The Yukon (the only Northern Territory with actual publicly-acknowledged political party labels, organizations, caucuses, campaign blocs, and candidate ballot identities) seems to be much the same as B.C. to the south of it in that area.

On 2/20/2019 at 3:27 AM, Patine said:

The Yukon (the only Northern Territory with actual publicly-acknowledged political party labels, organizations, caucuses, campaign blocs, and candidate ballot identities) seems to be much the same as B.C. to the south of it in that area.

Well it's strange indeed

Politically It would be interesting to know why these blocs

Why Alberta Saskatchewan and Manitoba are right wing, and in the opposite Quebec and Ontario quite left (the Altantic completely left)

It can not only be richess, Alberta has oil but not Saska neither Mani.

British Columbia has oil too but is not tory conservative like Alberta.

18 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Well it's strange indeed

Politically It would be interesting to know why these blocs

Why Alberta Saskatchewan and Manitoba are right wing, and in the opposite Quebec and Ontario quite left (the Altantic completely left)

It can not only be richess, Alberta has oil but not Saska neither Mani.

British Columbia has oil too but is not tory conservative like Alberta.

Keep in mind, though, a deceptive labelling thing in BC. The BC Liberals ARE the centre-right party Provincially - the BC Conservatives, the Social Credit, the Province Party, and the BC Reform are all anemic Provincially. Unlike other Provincial Liberal Parties (or the Federal one) in Canada, the BC Liberals seem closer to the Australian Liberals, in many ways.

I started some "what if"

Original

Capture.PNG.1f5b97b1d989a39fd4c22b2e6cdbfbcf.PNG

Véronique Hivon

Capture.PNG.b7ec2ec63556ab88cdfa7f3fa983f934.PNG

Others :

Pierre Karl Peladeau (if he did not resign as leader the Parti Québécois in 2016)

Capture.PNG.2d2f8c09f95472534742f29a6e46752c.PNG

Alexandre Cloutier

Capture.PNG.45877557df70303c5a2cb5cda532aa2a.PNG

Martine Ouellet

Capture.PNG.c615ad909a434f2fd304449510a7ab38.PNG

I'm also working on Andres Fontecilla (almost far-left) and Bernard Drainville (Soc Dem) for PQ.

I will add other leaders for each parties more or less extremists to match with regions.

It will be a try for 2007 scenario :).

Some images :

Capture.PNG.8232413e6a166b42d9e55ee002390331.PNG

Capture.PNG.cfa5812224cf917f54c26ccb562c6324.PNG

I'm going to do an even bigger pro CAQ scenario in 3 years I guess :D 

2019-07-12-nat.png

Legault dominates the electoral map after a year he would even gain seats if an election was hold today.

It's different contrary to Doug Ford who litteraly crushed in Ontario.

=>

Ontario Premier Ford’s Honeymoon in Rearview Mirror as  Liberals (32%), PCs (30%) and NDP (29%) Locked in a Three-Way Tie

The only PM of Canada with a bigger honeymoon than Legault is @Patine's premier, Kenney in Alberta!

On 7/12/2019 at 11:30 PM, Edouard said:

I'm going to do an even bigger pro CAQ scenario in 3 years I guess :D 

2019-07-12-nat.png

Legault dominates the electoral map after a year he would even gain seats if an election was hold today.

It's different contrary to Doug Ford who litteraly crushed in Ontario.

=>

Ontario Premier Ford’s Honeymoon in Rearview Mirror as  Liberals (32%), PCs (30%) and NDP (29%) Locked in a Three-Way Tie

The only PM of Canada with a bigger honeymoon than Legault is @Patine's premier, Kenney in Alberta!

what positions,issues,platform or acts make legault,ford,kenny  to make increase base and in different case of ontario pm to hurt supporters

2 hours ago, victorraiders said:

what positions,issues,platform or acts make legault,ford,kenny  to make increase base and in different case of ontario pm to hurt supporters

For Quebec : Couillard (the liberal before legault) led a supra federalist government  which also reduced Quebec's expenses so that Quebec eliminate its deficit.

The rigorist economic policy of Couillard alongside a supra Canadian policy in a Quebec which always be reluctent to Canada and really nationalist brought a personnal hate against Philippe Couillard.

In contrary to it, Legault surfed on an education's budget increase (while keeping Quebec's economic excedent) and made a laicisation bill against religious signs.

A lot of Quebecers enjoy that public workers have to leave their religious signs while being in office so that it maintained to boomed his popularity.

About economy and society Legault choosed the center and being moderate so that nobody complains against him excepted religious organisations in Montréal.

Finally, Legault surf on a nationalist and ecologic wave. He used hard sentences against Alberta Premier Kenney like saying "We don't want your dirty energy" while speaking about Alberta's oil pipelines who should pass by Quebec.

This hurted people of Alberta (probably not @Patine who, as Albertan would agree) but I understand those who were shocked of this 😛.

In the same time Legault used to become champion of francophone's voice in Canada since his election and this makes the transition to Doug Ford!

Contrary to Legault who's been elected in a Quebec where Liberals had provincially cleaned up the economic deficit and secured a good economic growth, Doug Ford been elected in an Ontario where local liberals with Wynne let a HUGE deficit (about 8% of the budget something big).

So that the Conservatives are forced to do cuts and unpopular policies to reduce deficit.

But also, Ford created a real mess with francophones of Ontario who are 10% of the province, by refusing to maintain the Liberal project of a francophone university in Toronto and by making a comparision between the Francophones of Ontario and the Chinese of Ontario like if Francophones of Ontario were newly immigrants who would have to be assimilated.

This hurted a lot francophones of Ontario and Legault used this momentum to go ahead and confront Ford by saying "I do not like to be compared to a Chinese" even if in Quebec francophones are the majority, by this way he as Premier of Quebec tended the hand to francophones of Canada where they are a minority.

Also Ford enforced anothers cuts in francophone's services.

A francophone ontarian MP from Ford's party also left the party and made a beautiful speech in cries :

So the liberals are back in the trail while they've almost been eliminated of the electoral map a year ago.

I do not believe Doug Ford will be reelected, he's become personnaly rejected by Ontarians.

Finally about Kenney it's simple.

Oil crisis hardly affected Alberta from 2014 to today, and Kenney came as a great defensor of Alberta's economic interests.

He said that if his oil pipeline would not pass, he will make a referendum in Alberta to reduce Alberta's contributions to Canadian solidarity budget between provinces.

It's a logical stance and a strong stance and that's why he clashed with legault because Quebec is currently receiving the 1st part of this budget that Alberta pays.

Kenney comes as someone that will enforce and relaunch oil's industry as well as push forward his provincial's economic interests, also against Canada if needed.

And he comes after many years of NDP's gestion struggle in Alberta, so that he's hoped and praised (but not by Albertans like @Patine 😛).

The Legault v Kenney crisis where both popular Premiers defend their provincial opinion polls went ahead these last days

On 7/14/2019 at 2:26 AM, Edouard said:

For Quebec : Couillard (the liberal before legault) led a supra federalist government  which also reduced Quebec's expenses so that Quebec eliminate its deficit.

The rigorist economic policy of Couillard alongside a supra Canadian policy in a Quebec which always be reluctent to Canada and really nationalist brought a personnal hate against Philippe Couillard.

In contrary to it, Legault surfed on an education's budget increase (while keeping Quebec's economic excedent) and made a laicisation bill against religious signs.

A lot of Quebecers enjoy that public workers have to leave their religious signs while being in office so that it maintained to boomed his popularity.

About economy and society Legault choosed the center and being moderate so that nobody complains against him excepted religious organisations in Montréal.

Finally, Legault surf on a nationalist and ecologic wave. He used hard sentences against Alberta Premier Kenney like saying "We don't want your dirty energy" while speaking about Alberta's oil pipelines who should pass by Quebec.

This hurted people of Alberta (probably not @Patine who, as Albertan would agree) but I understand those who were shocked of this 😛.

In the same time Legault used to become champion of francophone's voice in Canada since his election and this makes the transition to Doug Ford!

Contrary to Legault who's been elected in a Quebec where Liberals had provincially cleaned up the economic deficit and secured a good economic growth, Doug Ford been elected in an Ontario where local liberals with Wynne let a HUGE deficit (about 8% of the budget something big).

So that the Conservatives are forced to do cuts and unpopular policies to reduce deficit.

But also, Ford created a real mess with francophones of Ontario who are 10% of the province, by refusing to maintain the Liberal project of a francophone university in Toronto and by making a comparision between the Francophones of Ontario and the Chinese of Ontario like if Francophones of Ontario were newly immigrants who would have to be assimilated.

This hurted a lot francophones of Ontario and Legault used this momentum to go ahead and confront Ford by saying "I do not like to be compared to a Chinese" even if in Quebec francophones are the majority, by this way he as Premier of Quebec tended the hand to francophones of Canada where they are a minority.

Also Ford enforced anothers cuts in francophone's services.

A francophone ontarian MP from Ford's party also left the party and made a beautiful speech in cries :
So the liberals are back in the trail while they've almost been eliminated of the electoral map a year ago.

I do not believe Doug Ford will be reelected, he's become personnaly rejected by Ontarians.

Finally about Kenney it's simple.

Oil crisis hardly affected Alberta from 2014 to today, and Kenney came as a great defensor of Alberta's economic interests.

He said that if his oil pipeline would not pass, he will make a referendum in Alberta to reduce Alberta's contributions to Canadian solidarity budget between provinces.

It's a logical stance and a strong stance and that's why he clashed with legault because Quebec is currently receiving the 1st part of this budget that Alberta pays.

Kenney comes as someone that will enforce and relaunch oil's industry as well as push forward his provincial's economic interests, also against Canada if needed.

And he comes after many years of NDP's gestion struggle in Alberta, so that he's hoped and praised (but not by Albertans like @Patine 😛).

The Legault v Kenney crisis where both popular Premiers defend their provincial opinion polls went ahead these last days

lol i really think theses PM's are strict rightwingers with will focus on immigration/deportation and become allys, i thinkest hate between quebec and canadians not are so much,this reminds a lot separatists moviments in brazil ( at all are very very small )and i really know nothing about local politics in canada, 

16 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

lol i really think theses PM's are strict rightwingers with will focus on immigration/deportation and become allys, i thinkest hate between quebec and canadians not are so much,this reminds a lot separatists moviments in brazil ( at all are very very small )and i really know nothing about local politics in canada, 

Canadian politics is quite a bit more complex than that, I assure you...

11 hours ago, victorraiders said:

Canada is probably the most liberal country on earth 😛

@Patine will maybe agree with me but Macron is as conservative as the Conservative Party of Canada, even more the Conservative Party of Canada has ruled a country with a lot of things ahead of others such as :

-Euthanasy or right to death

-Marijuana free cares (only came after Trudeau)

-Same Sex marriage since 2005 and voted by parliament

-Right to adopt for homosexuals

-The biggest immigration's entrance of the world or one of the biggest

-Surrogate since 15 years if I'm right and Medical Assisted Procreation since almost 30 years

While Legault wants to reduce immigration it's more because he fears that francophones be too much damaged by a massive allophone's immigration (I disagree on this, we can replace numbers of entrances by country instead of reducing numbers).

Kenney boast Albertian's nationalism by saying "If you do not cooperate with us, we are going to cut off funds we give you". I'm among the minority of Quebecers or newly Quebecers who understand Alberta's position and request from Kenney even if I do not know if I would forcely agree on.

Basically Quebec is refusing to uses its own oil from Anticosti and its gas from Northern Quebec. Quebec also closed its own and only nuclear reactor Gentilly 2 in 2012. It seems ecological party has shapped the province (I say it neutraly).

There is no longer any hate between Quebecers and Canadians, Quebecers I guess are now okay with being in Canada BUT with all things they got such as a distinct society, a distinct language and others constitutionnal's differences.

If you want to learn about how Canada has been on the verge of collapse here is a good documentary

10 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Canada is probably the most liberal country on earth 😛

@Patine will maybe agree with me but Macron is as conservative as the Conservative Party of Canada, even more the Conservative Party of Canada has ruled a country with a lot of things ahead of others such as :

-Euthanasy or right to death

-Marijuana free cares (only came after Trudeau)

-Same Sex marriage since 2005 and voted by parliament

-Right to adopt for homosexuals

-The biggest immigration's entrance of the world or one of the biggest

-Surrogate since 15 years if I'm right and Medical Assisted Procreation since almost 30 years

While Legault wants to reduce immigration it's more because he fears that francophones be too much damaged by a massive allophone's immigration (I disagree on this, we can replace numbers of entrances by country instead of reducing numbers).

Kenney boast Albertian's nationalism by saying "If you do not cooperate with us, we are going to cut off funds we give you". I'm among the minority of Quebecers or newly Quebecers who understand Alberta's position and request from Kenney even if I do not know if I would forcely agree on.

Basically Quebec is refusing to uses its own oil from Anticosti and its gas from Northern Quebec. Quebec also closed its own and only nuclear reactor Gentilly 2 in 2012. It seems ecological party has shapped the province (I say it neutraly).

There is no longer any hate between Quebecers and Canadians, Quebecers I guess are now okay with being in Canada BUT with all things they got such as a distinct society, a distinct language and others constitutionnal's differences.

If you want to learn about how Canada has been on the verge of collapse here is a good documentary

An interesting question. Do the Inoo get any royalties on that gas from Northern Quebec, like certain other Canadian First Nations get such royalties on natural resources on their traditional lands. Outside immigrants, the First Nations/Metis/Inuit have rapidly - at least since Manitoba MLA Elijah Harper (no relation to the recent Federal PM) single-handedly killed the Meech Lake Accord on a point of principle, but probably even before that - become the third axis in the intranational ethnic debate in Canada, along with Anglophones and Francophones of European origin. 

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

An interesting question. Do the Inoo get any royalties on that gas from Northern Quebec, like certain other Canadian First Nations get such royalties on natural resources on their traditional lands. Outside immigrants, the First Nations/Metis/Inuit have rapidly - at least since Manitoba MLA Elijah Harper (no relation to the recent Federal PM) single-handedly killed the Meech Lake Accord on a point of principle, but probably even before that - become the third axis in the intranational ethnic debate in Canada, along with Anglophones and Francophones of European origin. 

Mhmmm...can't know it

Schist gas has almost disappeared since Parti Québécois' last government in 2012.

Philippe Couillard despite winning back in 2014 with the Liberals has become one of the biggest ecologists of Quebec after His Excellency Al Gore blessed him in Paris' climate conference of 2015 where he was attending 😛

Couillard was saying in anglo debate in 2018 that "Pequists wanted to destroy Anticosti"

So basically the current Premier Legault, the man who said Alberta's oil is dirty is the "least ecologist" party chief of Quebec (according to left standarts).

The only thing I can tell you is that Jacques Parizeau had a 30 minutes TV speech in case of victory for the YES side in 1995 where he announced that amerindians would have the same constitutionnal privilege within a Constitution of Quebec that Quebec had or would have requested in Canada, so a particulary autonomous constitutionnal garanty, that's the only thing we knew about relationships with amerindians.

And it's maybe why Ungava often voted Parti Québécois but NO twice in both referendums on sovereignty.