270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Edouard

Quebec 2018

11 minutes ago, Sami said:

HISTORIC DEFEAT FOR THE LIBERALS AND THE PARTI QUEBECOIS

27dd58df-f770-4afe-8f4f-fbe37124f568.thumb.jpg.f3ddafa1d51fb693a07b590c881e337f.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last Premier of Quebec who was neither Liberal or PQ Maurice Duplesis' successor as Premier and Union Nationale leader (I can't remember his name off hand)?

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last Premier of Quebec who was neither Liberal or PQ Maurice Duplesis' successor as Premier and Union Nationale leader (I can't remember his name off hand)?

Since 1966 😛 just before Robert Bourassa but you're right it's the first since National Union and Daniel Johnson, last PM of National Union

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_general_election,_1966

This is a massive reject of old Quebec's bipartism

Nobody expected such an anti Liberal's wave

They will be reduced to 30-32 seats, a first since 1976.

24% it's just incredible...less than PAULINE IN 2012!

@Sami No doubt due to his loss in Rosemont as well as the PQ's fall to only 9 seats meaning they are no longer considered a major party in Quebec. In other news, Solidarity clinched 10 making them a major party.

18 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@Sami No doubt due to his loss in Rosemont as well as the PQ's fall to only 9 seats meaning they are no longer considered a major party in Quebec. In other news, Solidarity clinched 10 making them a major party.

Indeed but this election is incredible

The Liberals of Quebec NEVER been under 31% since the creation of Canada as a confederation in 1867

The electoral map is just incredible

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/resultats-elections-quebec-2018/

If Liberals were so strong in Quebec, it's because allophones and anglophone (who are almost 20% of the electorate) always vote at 80% for them, so they have 18% at least and the rest is francophone vote.

In 2014 the Liberals had 42% of the vote and 70 seats

In 2018 they have 24,6% of the vote...that mean that only 14% of the Francophones (who are 80% of the electors) voted for them

We see it when we see ridings like Pontiac, Western Island of Montreal or Hull near Ottawa, non francophone seats are the only places where the Liberals kept their seats.

Historic seats which are liberal since 60 years falled to CAQ's hands.

This mean that the Liberal Party of Quebec has suffered an unanimous reject from the francophones.

Regions near the USA like Estrie has saw 5 Liberal seats to 0 for them tonight.

By giving 10 seats to QS and 74 to CAQ, Quebecers strongly rejected the last bipartism.

GREAT INFOS POST CAMPAIN:

The Liberals are going to loose 2 more seats

1st Philippe Couillard resigned as MP of Roberval (where he grew up) so CAQ is likely to win the by election

2nd A recount has been asked in Gaspé where high errors of counts have been reported, PQ has good chances to take back the seat to the liberal

So in a month the parliament should be:

75 CAQ
30 Liberals

10 PQ

10 QS

Recount in îles de la Madeleine PQ keeps the seat. Recount in Gaspé THE LIBERALS LOSE THE SEAT TO THE PARTI QUÉBÉCOIS DUE TO A RECOUNT.  Next recount Thursday in Ungava the CAQ is holding the seat to the pq. This event shows that the liberals are down to 29 with the resignation of Couillard and an exclusion of a mp.