270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Edouard

Quebec 2018

23 minutes ago, Sami said:

Of course!

21st October 2019 normally

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_in_the_43rd_Canadian_federal_election

Justin Trudeau is quite assured of being re-elected.

Maxime Bernier is given from 13 to 19% and takes half of Conservative voters.

How do you think it’ll shake out? Will NDP stay relatively same? Will much change?

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

How do you think it’ll shake out? Will NDP stay relatively same? Will much change?

Mhmmm...

The NPD has missed its chance in 2015 incredibly:

Opinion Polling during the 2015 Canadian Federal Election.svg

That's why I doubt about it.

Now Maxime Bernier has launched his parti and clearly the Conservatives are out:

The Conservative leader has been too soft on economy regarding the liberals

DloAZJLW0AM6tCI.jpg:large

Interesting fact, Bernier's voters come from many parties

Dli3DAkXoAAK3vF.jpg

And his party is a pure LIBERTARIAN party, that is also interesting.

I like the NPD leader, but I do not think he can win back.

I project that Trudeau will keep his majority and could even pass the 200 seats with the vote's division.

Bernier can seek the opposition's office.

27 minutes ago, Sami said:

Mhmmm...

The NPD has missed its chance in 2015 incredibly:

Opinion Polling during the 2015 Canadian Federal Election.svg

That's why I doubt about it.

Now Maxime Bernier has launched his parti and clearly the Conservatives are out:

The Conservative leader has been too soft on economy regarding the liberals

DloAZJLW0AM6tCI.jpg:large

Interesting fact, Bernier's voters come from many parties

Dli3DAkXoAAK3vF.jpg

And his party is a pure LIBERTARIAN party, that is also interesting.

I like the NPD leader, but I do not think he can win back.

I project that Trudeau will keep his majority and could even pass the 200 seats with the vote's division.

Bernier can seek the opposition's office.

I wonder if Tim Moen will fold in his Libertarian Party of Canada with this new People's Party, considering he had offered Bernier the leadership of his party, practically on a silver platter, after Bernier's loss in the 2017 Conservative Party Leadership Election.

Just a funny fact about Trudeau

During the last Canadian campain, and despite the fact that he is born and has grew up as a francophone student in Montreal, he basically seeked his words in French during the Francophone debate

While Mulcair who is an anglophone speaker first had a really good french.

Keep it on your agenda! The CBC anglophone debate of the Quebec (and not Canadian) provincial election is tomorrow evening!

I will give you the link.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "débat des chefs"

19 minutes ago, Sami said:

Just a funny fact about Trudeau

During the last Canadian campain, and despite the fact that he is born and has grew up as a francophone student in Montreal, he basically seeked his words in French during the Francophone debate

While Mulcair who is an anglophone speaker first had a really good french.

Keep it on your agenda! The CBC anglophone debate of the Quebec (and not Canadian) provincial election is tomorrow evening!

I will give you the link.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "débat des chefs"

English-language debates for Quebec Provincial Elections? This is new. Maurice Duplesis, Rene Laveque, and Lucien Bouchard would all roll over in their graves, I imagine. It's not like we've ever had a French-language debate here for an Alberta Provincial Election. And I don't believe the recent one in Ontario did either.

10 minutes ago, Patine said:

English-language debates for Quebec Provincial Elections? This is new. Maurice Duplesis, Rene Laveque, and Lucien Bouchard would all roll over in their graves, I imagine. It's not like we've ever had a French-language debate here for an Alberta Provincial Election. And I don't believe the recent one in Ontario did either.

1st historical ANGLOPHONE debate which never happened in Quebec's history indeed (and which has been highly criticized by francophone language organizations)

It's JEAN FRANCOIS LISEE (leader of the Parti Québécois himself) who asked this

My guess is that Jean François Lisée who was born in Tedford Mines (litteraly) is a perfect bilingual and has the best skills in English of the 4 leaders; so he wants to use it to take back allophone's vote.

Philippe Couillard is good in English but less than Jean François

And Massé and Legault are really bad in English.

The leader of the PQ tries to increase the allophone and anglophone votes by his abilities in English, it's a huge and risky bet.

But to come back on your point you're right, THERE IS EVEN NO FRANCOPHONE DEBATE IN NEW BRUNSWICK (which counts 33% of Francophones including the original family of René-Levesque)

About Legault's performance:

1 minute ago, Sami said:

This election goes crazy

879f7da0-0711-4c56-88ce-cbd484b3505f_1024.jpg

Sorry if this sounds dumb but when is the election? Are there more debates? Will the Liberals get ahead of CAQ before election night?

2 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

Sorry if this sounds dumb but when is the election? Are there more debates? Will the Liberals get ahead of CAQ before election night?

The election will be held the 1st october!

There was the anglophone debate I put in one of my last messages in page 2 :)

The only anglophone debate of the campain

There will be a final debate but in French the 20th september, so this week.

About the election it's more than undecided about who will govern Quebec next

A month ago the CAQ was at 37%

The Liberals at 30 to 29%

The PQ at 18%

And QS at 11%

Both left parties won huge supports in the weeks

But PQ and QS are left parties and sovereignists parties while Liberald and CAQ are federalists and centrist parties.

The question is now, will the left-wing electors product a strategic movement to push the Parti Québecois at power?

Or will the vote's division save Couillard for 2 years and give him a minority?

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:42 AM, Sami said:

Les Libéraux maintenant devant!

In the case where no party has a majority, which looks like it could happen, what do you think the outcome will be?

4 hours ago, LegolasRedbard said:

In the case where no party has a majority, which looks like it could happen, what do you think the outcome will be?

Normally it will be a minority government! With an election in 2 years.

The Parti Québécois won 54 seats on 125 in 2012 and governed just 2 years then tried to provoke a majority in 2014 and completely missed its gambling.

Same for Stephen Harper at the Canadian federal level who won 123 seats (majority at 155 before 2015) then 145 seats in 2008 before to finally reach a majority in 2011. He governed Canada as a minority government  during 5 years.

Coalitions can happen but it's not the norm in Canada and within the provinces :)

However, Jean François Lisée (PQ) did not exclude to make a coalition with the CAQ against the Liberals.

If he does this, the Parti Québécois could not survive, but Legault will be Premier.

JOIN TONIGHT THE 1ST OCTOBER THE LIVE OF QUEBEC ELECTION ON CBC AND RADIO CANADA.

Last polls show that the Coalition Avenir Quebec has come back to a close majority thanks to a PQ-CAQ's transfer

The PQ leader made mistakes when he attacked the leader of Quebec Solidaire during the 3rd debate even if he told good points.

He asked to her "Who is the leader of Quebec Solidaire?" Because there is a "non-public" president of Quebec Solidaire

And then during days radios of Quebec showed the special internal leadership system of Quebec Solidaire

But Jean François Lisée payed it

His campain was truly good untill the 20th September...he was at 20 seats and close to 30...and then everything got wrong

Because his campain became agressive, and electors don't like agressive tone (at least in Canada 😛)

That's why now CAQ is back and is close of the majority

Jean François Lisée is projected to lose his seat of Rosemont, only 11 to 12 Pequists would remain tomorrow on 30 in the last parliament

I will personnaly watch the riding of Taillon and Diane Lamarre who is the incumbent from the Parti Québécois, she's 4 points behind the CAQ candidate in the last polls but I cross the fingers for her re-election.

I know Diane and she is a very kind MP, I hope she will survive the new wave.

I invite you to watch the election night at 125 seats, I will put links as soon as it starts.

BREAKDOWN: THE TRUMP AGREEMENT WITH CANADA IS OUT NOW AND THE 1ST OCTOBER THERE IS THE ELECTION IN QUEBEC!

THE PQ LEADER INVITED QUEBECERS TO VOTE PQ TO TACKLE BACK THE TRUDEAU'S CONCESSION ON THE CANADIAN MILK TRADE.

(sorry there is only a francophone video)