270soft Forum
vcczar

Trump Forum Approval Poll (May 2018)

Trump Forum Approval Poll (May 2018)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. I approve of Trump's presidency in the following areas.

• His political appointments (non-judicial)
    • His judicial appointments
    • His handling of the media
    • His use of Twitter
    • His economic and trade policies
    • His handling of foreign affairs
    • His handling of the military and role as commander-in-chief
    • His handling of civil rights issues
    • His handling of the immigration issue
    • His criminal justice policy
    • His handling of labor and business
    • His handling of education policy
    • His handling of environmental and energy policy
    • His handling of finance and Wall Street
    • His use of rhetoric in speeches
    • His relations with his own party
    • His handling of Democrats
    • His handling of gun control policy
    • His responses to the Russian investigation
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Trump has exceeded my initial exceptions as a president

3. 3. If North Korea and South Korea reach a truly lasting peace treaty, formally ending the war and establishing friendly relations, then Donald Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize

• Yes, this is a major peace-making breakthrough, similar to Carter's Camp David Accord.
    • Yes, as much as I disagree with almost everything that he does, he should at least be strongly considered.
    • No, that isn't enough to get the Nobel Prize
    • No, despite that, he is sowing too much discord elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

This. In the end I would say she did more harm than good. She was simply an agent of the rich, and her ties to dictators and fraudsters cast her integrity into doubt in my eyes.

Well, have you seen some of the other recipients? It makes you wonder. At least Le Duc Tho had the decency when a co-awardee in 1973 to decline it, admitting there was still no peace in Vietnam, unlike the other co-awardee, the soulless and morally-bankrupt war criminal Henry Kissinger, who had absolutely no problem taking it and calling it a day.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

It's funny, isn't it, how U.S. politics works. If the a politician a given American dislikes or disagrees with does something obviously or arguably unconstitutional, they're immediately called out on it. But, if a politician they agree with or support does something unconstitutional, then they're "necessary measures," or claims of unconstitutionality are "partisan attacks on them," or other justifications, all the way up to people claiming unconstitutionality of such being "guilty of treason and should be executed summarily," (which I heard a few times back in the Bush era from Neo-Con pundits responding to people claiming Bush's actions were unconstitutional). So, in my viewpoint, the "such-and-such's actions are unconstitutional" card seems to have become just as purely partisan and of very little objective nature as most of other aspects of the U.S. political debate, nowadays, unfortunately.

Trump hasn't really pushed his authority quite so much unlike Bush and Obama. I did deliniate why it was unconstitutional.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Trump hasn't really pushed his authority quite so much unlike Bush and Obama. I did deliniate why it was unconstitutional.

Don't single out just Bush and Obama. It's arguably been every single U.S. President, Republican or Democrat, after Grover Cleveland. But, partisan biases tend to soften the blow of criticism for personal favourites and partisan darlings in historical viewpoints in the U.S. today, I've noticed.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:53 AM, Patine said:

And to think, Mohandas Gandhi and Martin Luther King, jr. never got one.

Actually MLK did get a Nobel Peace Prize, in 1964 to be exact.