270soft Forum
Kingthero

Presidential Growth Campaign

Religions Leader Zachary H. Comstock announces run on the newly formed Nativist Party ticket with Booker Dewitt as the candidate for Vice-Sconlaire on a nationalistic, natavist, isolationist, and theocratic platform with the slogan God, Family, Country. 

OOC: Trying something new. Really hope this party has infinite potential and will be a shock to the system. 

4 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Religions Leader Zachary H. Comstock announces run on the newly formed Nativist Party ticket with Booker Dewitt as the candidate for Vice-Sconlaire on a nationalistic, natavist, isolationist, and theocratic platform with the slogan God, Family, Country. 

OOC: Trying something new. Really hope this party has infinite potential and will be a shock to the system. 

OOC: Honestly, this is what the Traditionalist Party should have been in the first place. I didn't really known how religion worked in this roleplay and what faith people were, and I also took way too big of a step in both administrations forward. 

Traditionalist Party Endorses Comstock in Sconclairship Bid!

Conservative Party endorses Comstock!

@FrancisXKennedy all up too you to run; was originally gonna postpone this election so I could do some reforms, but with all these parties endorsing the new party I think reforms can wait or atleast be mid progress. 

Also did @Illinois Moderate die or something?

OOC. the reason for me not wanting to become Sconlair in the near future again is that my college finals before summer break are ahead of me and I have to focus on other projects right now...

Cassius Augustus Marlborough runs for the Growth Party nomination. Cassius is a protectionist and seeks to secure growth for Gott-Stein through military conquest. The Seminole has refused to trade with us, and does not accept peaceful outreach from our people. We must build a raiding army and strike their more isolated settlements from the sea taking what we should rightfully have. Cassius also seeks to implement anti-corruption laws with sharp teeth, promising harsh punishments for any government official seen to be profiting unduly from their position. Cassius is distrustful of the blending of religion and state, as it is why many of our original settlers fled their homeland, if elected he will look into clarifying a separation of church and state.

Election of June 1474 AD Results

Zachary H. Comstock / Booker Dewitt (Nativist/Traditional/Conservative): 56%

Cassius Augustus Marlborough / Theodore Abner (Growth): 44%

By receiving a plurality, Comstock becomes Sconlair!

Growth Party: The Party recovered from its negative momentum, however will not regain positive momentum until more time passes.

Conservative Party: The Party still does not have a clear vision, and this sustained length of confusion has kept the party's negative momentum present.

Traditional Party: The Party used to be gaining momentum, but its sudden support of a candidate that opposes some of its core values threw a shock in the party.

Nativist Party: The Party spawned as a result of economic turmoil and expansionist failures. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Decisions for the 10th Sconlair, Zachary H. Comstock @WVProgressive

Decision 1#: Your cartographers have finally stopped being lazy! You now have a map, even though the deforestation efforts are 10 years behind my bad. Do you have any plans with any of the terrain? 

Decision 2#: The Great(er) Depression is still in effect; do you think the actions of the previous administration will carry the economy back up, or will you propose new solutions?

Decision 3#: The rural people now account for over 1% of the population. They have different views from the typical city-folk. What is one thing you wish to do to better aid their situation?

Remember to add/change 3 of your own policies after making these decisions!

Special Event: N/A

Electoral Makeup

Electoral System: Council; Thirteen Members are apart of this council, with elections every 5 years.

-----------------------------------------

Population Values

Independent: 59%

Growth: 10%

Conservative: 12%

Traditional: 17%

Nativist: 2%

Council (1474-1479)

Independent: 9 [-1]

Growth: 0 [-1]

Conservative: 3 [+2] (Lloyd Marks, Andrew Killigan, George Lesley)

Traditional: 1 [0]

Nativist: 0 [0]

Note: Electoral Reform has begun. Note that the voters are beginning to actually have beliefs of their own rather than just popular opinion. Council votes are also reformed, but the status of the parties right now won't make it obvious.

2 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Growth Party: The Party recovered from its negative momentum, however will not regain positive momentum until more time passes.

Conservative Party: The Party still does not have a clear vision, and this sustained length of confusion has kept the party's negative momentum present.

Traditional Party: The Party used to be gaining momentum, but its sudden support of a candidate that opposes some of its core values threw a shock in the party.

Nativist Party: The Party spawned as a result of economic turmoil and expansionist failures. 

Decision 1#: Your cartographers have finally stopped being lazy! You now have a map, even though the deforestation efforts are 10 years behind my bad. Do you have any plans with any of the terrain? 

Decision 2#: The Great(er) Depression is still in effect; do you think the actions of the previous administration will carry the economy back up, or will you propose new solutions?

Decision 3#: The rural people now account for over 1% of the population. They have different views from the typical city-folk. What is one thing you wish to do to better aid their situation?

Electoral Makeup

Electoral System: Council; Thirteen Members are apart of this council, with elections every 5 years.

Population Values

Council (1474-1479)

Note: Electoral Reform has begun. Note that the voters are beginning to actually have beliefs of their own rather than just popular opinion. Council votes are also reformed, but the status of the parties right now won't make it obvious.

Decision 1#

Just now, WVProgressive said:

Decision 1#

Sorry.

2 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Electoral Makeup

Population Values

Council (1474-1479)

Decision 1: This is fine but we should focus on our citizens first

Decision 2: How many years have we tried doing things the old way and it's always failed, I am a harbinger of a revolutionary new way of political thought 

Decision 3: These people represent the best of Gott-Stein personal responsibility, a stiff upper lip, and a dedication to family values

Policy 1: We should institute immigration restrictions and favor white European peoples before other groups

Policy 2: Institute protectionist trade policies to protect Gott-Stein industry

Policy 3:  God needs to be respected in government and as such I will create an official government chaplain

The Status of Gott-Stein (1484)

10th Sconlair: Zachary H. Comstock

3rd Vice-Sconlair: Booker Dewitt

Country Stability: Crisis ---> Disaster

Popularity: 27%; The Sconlair is the worst Sconlair to have ever led the People. Is there really much more to say?

-Decision 1: The Sconlair's first decision seemed like just a huge blunder; when asked about what he would do with the terrain, he responded "that's fine" and "citizens first". Not even anti-expansionists supporters the awkwardly abnormal blunt response to this issue.

-Decision 2: The Sconlair then addressed the economic issue by simply stating "past administrations failed, and I am a revolutionary." While happy that he denounced the past, the people are simply amazed by the inability to act on such blunt statements.

-Decision 3: The rural people admire the President's support, but are upset that he did not address any issues.

-Special Event: N/A

-Policy 1: Europe vaguely knows of this place's existence, mainly in existence by rumor, so cutting immigration even to nationalists seems like an utmost horrid idea. Immigration is a vague topic, and while incentives must pass through law the actual "foreign" immigrants is a vague aspect of the Constitution.

-Policy 2: The protectionist idea was perhaps the Sconlair's most well received proposals, as the public threw its support behind the act.

-Policy 3: The Government creates a chaplain, but the chaplain costs money and questions regarding the legality of the appointment via the constitution are vague. However, the public does praise the act somewhat.

Cities: Scottsville (3,014)

Rural Dwellers: 66 (+25)

Island Exploration: 38.4% (+8.7%)

Population: 3,080 (60+228) people.

-Additional Notes: Current immigration policies include land, housing, and later more land.

Economy: Non-Existent; The economy is completely gone. The Government has lost control of everything economic, and the Sconlair's warrior band can barely keep order in the city. The rural countryside openly rebels against the Government, and are no longer under Government control. If things do not change, city territory will be lost to the rural rebellion. It is a miracle the Government still has control.

Trade: Non-Existent

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Electoral Makeup

Population Values

Independent: 54%

Nativist: 0%

Growth: 17%

The population now feels that the Growth Party is the only party that can save them, and Growth registration almost doubles.

Council (1479-1484)

Independent: 11 [+2]

Growth: 1 [+1] (Richard Brown)

Conservative: 1 [-2] (George Lesley)

Traditional: 0 [-1]

Election of June 1484 AD

@WVProgressive @Conservative Elector 2 @Illinois Moderate@CalebsParadox@FrancisXKennedy

It is time to state candidacies. The country is in a complete disaster. The economy is non-existent, the rural population is in open rebellion, and no more Government funded programs exist. 

Note: Election results will happen 48 hours after this post, or when all people interested in running post their candidate and campaign. If anyone wants to join, you may join as well.

Additional note: The RNG factor didn't really matter; the Sconlair was just god awful.

If the country dies, it is the end of the roleplay. The country is not dead yet, and I can easily run other lands in a simulation so defeating the rebels does not even have to occur.

An honest question to myself is how will the next Sconlair even fight rebels if the entire military force is consecrated in basically martial law?

I did decide there was a way, and possibly more if people are creative.

Cassius Augustus Marlborough will run for the Growth Party nomination. We must deal with our rural brethren and address their grievances to the best of our abilities. I would pledge to offer peace terms granting the rebels equal representation in our government. I also would like to work to consolidate our resources and work with our agricultural/ hunters/ fishing leaders to make sure that in this time of crisis our food needs are met. This is a trying time and I offer a bold strong hand to right our ship. Growth has always been a party of grand ideals with an eye to the future, but first we must secure the present.

The Conservative Party will not run for the Sconlairship during this election! Instead we will focus on getting more Congressmen and reestablish a new platform which allows us to be competitive in upcoming elections again. 

OOC. Please note, that I have still 5 exams left until June 27th and therefore it is a bit difficult for me right now! But I am NoT giving up!

Zachary Hale Comstock runs for Sconlair again sighting the failings of his administration as part of Gods plan and that he knows the next term will  result in bountiful glory for the nation.

1 hour ago, WVProgressive said:

Zachary Hale Comstock runs for Sconlair again sighting the failings of his administration as part of Gods plan and that he knows the next term will  result in bountiful glory for the nation.

OOC: I'm sorry here, but Zachary Hale Cornstock sounds like the name of a member of '60's progressive rock band. That's all...

1 hour ago, WVProgressive said:

OOC: God bless you. Having had a failed Administration part of me wanted to double down, it’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. This keeps things interesting and I love it!

Election of June 1484 AD Results

Zachary H. Comstock / Booker Dewitt (Nativist): 27% Ironic how this matches his popularity...

Cassius Augustus Marlborough / Theodore Abner (Growth): 73%

By receiving a plurality, Marlborough becomes Sconlair!

Growth Party: The Party climbed aboard the right train, and has a great amount of momentum.

Conservative Party: The Party has recently stabilized itself by distancing itself from Executive politics.

Traditional Party: The Party, going somewhat silent, still has some bad momentum.

Nativist Party: The Party has an extreme amount of negative momentum; a true question is whether or not this party will ever go anywhere.

Decisions for the 11th Sconlair, Cassius Augustus Marlborough @FrancisXKennedy

Decision 1#: Right now, your rural population is in uncontrolled rebellion and your city population is barely controlled by your warriors. As you have no Government income to grab additional troops at this moment, and as the rural population begins its advance into Scottsville, how will you approach this rebellion? You have 24 warriors controlling the rebellion in the city by martial law, and 2 warriors protecting you. The rural rebellion has 23 warriors and currently your city has no organized rebellion, as martial law has kept everybody indoors.

Decision 2#: Since there is no economy, how will you make sure your population gets food? You have no money to buy food, and martial law results in minimal food production.

Decision 3#: N/A

Electoral Makeup

Population Values

Independent: 49%

Conservative: 14%

Traditional: 15%

Growth: 22%

Council (1484-1489)

Independent: 9 [-2]

Growth: 4 [+3] (Richard Brown and three others)

Conservative: 0 [-1]

Traditional: 0 [0]

Gott-Stein 1484.png

3 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Election of June 1484 AD Results

Zachary H. Comstock / Booker Dewitt (Nativist): 27% Ironic how this matches his popularity...

Cassius Augustus Marlborough / Theodore Abner (Growth): 73%

By receiving a plurality, Marlborough becomes Sconlair!

Growth Party: The Party climbed aboard the right train, and has a great amount of momentum.

Conservative Party: The Party has recently stabilized itself by distancing itself from Executive politics.

Traditional Party: The Party, going somewhat silent, still has some bad momentum.

Nativist Party: The Party has an extreme amount of negative momentum; a true question is whether or not this party will ever go anywhere.

Decisions for the 11th Sconlair, Cassius Augustus Marlborough @FrancisXKennedy

Decision 1#: Right now, your rural population is in uncontrolled rebellion and your city population is barely controlled by your warriors. As you have no Government income to grab additional troops at this moment, and as the rural population begins its advance into Scottsville, how will you approach this rebellion? You have 24 warriors controlling the rebellion in the city by martial law, and 2 warriors protecting you. The rural rebellion has 23 warriors and currently your city has no organized rebellion, as martial law has kept everybody indoors.

Decision 2#: Since there is no economy, how will you make sure your population gets food? You have no money to buy food, and martial law results in minimal food production.

Decision 3#: N/A

Electoral Makeup

Population Values

Independent: 49%

Growth: 22%

Council (1484-1489)

Independent: 9 [-2]

Growth: 4 [+3] (Richard Brown and three others)

Conservative: 0 [-1]

Gott-Stein 1484.png

D1. Per my campaign policy, I will attempt to reach out to the rebels offering to implement a new electoral district for them and granting them some semblance of home rule by elevating their leader to a new position of Governor of the Frontier. I will remind them that I am not my predecessor and that since our sides are nearly equal in number and I control the city and it’s port, that further bloodshed will be unnecessary. The city needs the rural settlers, and the rural settlers need the city. Furthermore I will offer to place my predecessor on trial for his mishandling of the crisis should the rebels come to the table. (In the event that the negotiations should fail we need to have the defense of the city prepared to make any invasion as bloody as possible for the invaders. We will only fight defensively and make sure that we force the enemy to bottleneck in the streets and be prepared to encircle their irregular militia where possible)

D2. We will make sure that our fishermen are still casting their nets, and we will divert some of our warriors to making deliveries of the food rations from home to home. This crisis requires more than threat of force and the citizens of Gott-Stein need to understand that I am on their side. My goal is to end the rebellion peaceably and get back to normal levels of food production.

- Policy 1. Which is part of D1. Will be to create a new council seat to be elected directly by the rural settlements.

-Policy 2. Will be to create the office of Governor of the Frontier also elected by the rural settlements.

-Policy 3. Will be to abolish the office of the Chaplain and any other non-essential unelected government positions. The money saved in the first year should be reinvested into the population through a stimulus payment. No economic solution can be purely from the top down, the economy needs to be jump started from the ground up.

(OOC fingers crossed I don’t burn it down further)

The Status of Gott-Stein (1489)

11th Sconlair: Cassius Augustus Marlborough

4rd Vice-Sconlair: Theodore Abner

Country Stability: Disaster

Popularity: 65%; The current Sconlair has kept the country alive, but has not been successful with everything. However, people are optimistic.

-Decision 1: The rebel leaders agree to sit down with the Sconlair, and with what the Sconlair stated propose the following peace terms:

1. Three council seats.

2. Their leader be made Governor of the Frontier, and have partial autonomy over the rural regions of Scottsville.

3. That the previous Sconlair be put on trial for his seemingly purposeful actions to tear the country apart.

-Decision 2: The fishermen do cast their nets, but without anybody to distribute the food, the fishermen abuse their power by only feeding people if they get some form of benefit. It seems the Government was too trusting in its People's goodwill.

-Decision 3: N/A

-Policy 1: This will be proposed as B.022, but the second term council shall only vote on this if the Sconlair agrees to the peace terms.

-Policy 2: See decision 1.

-Policy 3: This was seen by the population as a great maneuver to secure Government finances.

Cities: Scottsville (3,099)

Rural Dwellers: 66 (0)

Island Exploration: 38.4% (+0%)

Population: 3,165 (2+83) people.

-Additional Notes: Current immigration policies include land, housing, and later more land.

Economy: Non-Existent; The economy is completely gone still, even though there is some hope of economic gain.

Electoral Makeup

Population Values

Independent: 47%

Growth: 24%

Council (1489-1494)

Independent: 7 [-2]

Growth: 6 [+2] (Richard Brown and five others)

Conservative: 0 [0]

@FrancisXKennedy awaiting your decision on the peace deal.

We will accept the demands of the rebels, as they are not unreasonable. Let’s move forward and rebuild our country together.

The Status of Gott-Stein (1494)

11th Sconlair: Cassius Augustus Marlborough

4rd Vice-Sconlair: Theodore Abner

Country Stability: Disaster

Popularity: 72%; The current Sconlair has kept the country alive, but has not been successful with everything. However, people are optimistic.

-Decision 1: The rebel leaders agree to sit down with the Sconlair, and with what the Sconlair stated propose the following peace terms:

1. Three council seats.

2. Their leader be made Governor of the Frontier, and have partial autonomy over the rural regions of Scottsville.

3. That the previous Sconlair be put on trial for his seemingly purposeful actions to tear the country apart.

The Sconlair accepted these demands.

-Decision 2: The fishermen do cast their nets, but without anybody to distribute the food, the fishermen abuse their power by only feeding people if they get some form of benefit. It seems the Government was too trusting in its People's goodwill.

-Decision 3: N/A

-Policy 1: This will be proposed as B.022, but with three instead of one seat.

-Policy 2: See decision 1.

-Policy 3: This was seen by the population as a great maneuver to secure Government finances.

Cities: Scottsville (3,279)

Rural Dwellers: 101 (+35)

Island Exploration: 38.4% (+0%)

Population: 3,380 (20+195) people.

Economy: Non-Existent; The economy is completely gone still, even though there is some hope of economic gain.

Electoral Makeup

Population Values

Independent: 41%

Conservative: 16%

Growth: 28%

Council (1489-1494)

Independent: 7 [-2]

Growth: 6 [+2] (Richard Brown and five others)

Conservative: 0 [0]

Bill Results

B.022: 11-1-4

Election of June 1494 AD

@WVProgressive @Conservative Elector 2 @Illinois Moderate@CalebsParadox@FrancisXKennedy

It is time to state candidacies. The country is in a disaster. The economy is non-existent, and only optimism is keeping the country together.

Note: Election results will happen 48 hours after this post, or when all people interested in running post their candidate and campaign. If anyone wants to join, you may join as well.

Additional note: The RNG factor hates the economy, but otherwise favored the Sconlair.

Sconlair Marlborough will again seek the Sconlairship. Vowing to do his best to maintain stability and work with the people to inspire growth.

The Conservative Party believes that continuity is the key to rebuilding the country in a prosperous way and therefore we are endorsing Sconlair Marlborough for reelection.