270soft Forum
Kingthero

Presidential Growth Campaign

The Status of Gott-Stein (1444)

6th Sconlair: William Worchester (Conservative)

Popularity: 70%; It is almost ridiculous how popular Worchester is among the people; it seems the people are so amazed by the immigration and birth rates that they fail to care much about the economy.

Cities: Scottsville (1,479)

Rural Dwellers: 8

Island Exploration: 15.7% (+2.5%)

Population: 1,487 (360+87) people. Families have finally decided to leave the city to take up the various initiatives promoted by the Government. This has already begun, and will be seen later.

-Additional Notes: Current immigration policies include land, housing, and later more land.

Economy: Depression; The status of the economy is relatively the same. Profitt's shipbuilding initiative this decade has produced ten ships, which were invested into a fishing program which has succeeded greatly. However, his carriage initiative failed and adviser meetings provided no or poor results.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Electoral Makeup

Electoral System: Council; Thirteen Members are apart of this council, with elections every 5 years. (The electoral makeup in this post will represent after midterm elections.)

-----------------------------------------

Population Values

Independent: 55%

Traditional: 10%

Growth: 17%

Conservative: 18%

The pull to parties has slowly waned down, and those in the 30% who disapprove or are neutral of Worchester slowly join the Growth party.

Council (1439-1444)

Independent: 6 Four lost the election, losing two seats to the Growth, one seat to the Conservatives, and won back another seat.

Growth: 2 Gained two seats from the independents. (John Wesley and Richard Brown)

Traditional: 3 One seat gained from the Conservatives. (Joseph Whittle, and two random guys.)

Conservative: 2 One seat gained from the Independents, but one seat lost to the Traditional. (Martin O'Neill and Morgan Daniels)

Lucky dice rolls resulted in a major shift of council seats to the parties, which now own a majority of the seats.

(Bill Results: B.008 10-1-5 , B.009 9-3-4 , B.010 10-1-5)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Election of June 1444 AD

@WVProgressive @Conservative Elector 2 @Illinois Moderate@CalebsParadox@FrancisXKennedy

It is time to state candidacies. The country is stable, and the current Sconlair has an even higher approval rating.

Will Worchester hold his office, or will his opponents push for a platform that will add unheard of ideas to the country, and possibly attack his weaknesses?

Note: Election results will happen 48 hours after this post, or when all people interested in running post their candidate and campaign. If anyone wants to join, you may join as well.

Additional note: The RNG factor was amazingly in favor with just about everything, even though the economy yet again stagnated. It seems the people don't care about the stagnation at all, as it has not affected the Sconlair's popularity.

BEGINNING NEXT TERM, SPECIAL EVENTS WILL HAPPEN!

Gott-Stein 1444.png

John Wesley announces run for Growth Party Sconlair candidate.

Arthur Webley announces 1st draft of council candidate list.

Arthur Webley

Position: Growth Party party leader

Alexander Ivanov

Position: Growth Party deputy leader

George Whitfield

Position: Growth Party deputy secretary on Catholicism (sub division of religion and faith)

(replacing Abner Abner ) 

Oswald Witt @FrancisXKennedy

Position: Growth Party secretary of lumber (sub division of agriculture)

Richard Brown

Position: Growth Party secretary of economics and incumbent councilman

Brigam Scott

Position: Growth Party secretary of agriculture (son of William Scott)

7 .

Alexander Drudge

Position: Growth Part secretary of justice (former deputy-leader)

Harry Mercer

Position: former ambassador to the crow nations under William Scott

David Polk

Position: Growth Party secretary of trade

John Birney

Position: Growth Party secretary of equality

James Kerry

Position: Growth Party secretary of culture

James Jones @Illinois Moderate

Position: Growth Party undersecretary of economics 

A. Edward Clark

Position: Growth Party secretary of defense

Oscar Witte throws his support behind John Wesley and vows to head a door to door campaign to rally the Growth Party base as well as put his energy into bringing independent voters to his cause. Witte requests that there be a strong push for agriculture and implemented seed/crop trading with our native trade partners. 

3 minutes ago, FrancisXKennedy said:

Oscar Witte throws his support behind John Wesley and vows to head a door to door campaign to rally the Growth Party base as well as put his energy into bringing independent voters to his cause. Witte requests that there be a strong push for agriculture and implemented seed/crop trading with our native trade partners. 

John Wesley graciosly accepts Oscar Witte's endorsement and promises to implement seed and crop trading in his term.

In remarks to a group of independent lumber workers Oscar Witte is quoted to have said “look, I appreciate the great work the Sconlair has done for our people.. but thirty years leading the people? It does beg the question of whether or not we’re on the path to monarchy? Benevolent or not, ‘it’s not a route on which I wish to embark.”

As we have proven we worked with the people's interests at hearts during our last terms of Sconlairship. No one can deny this. I therefore announce to seek reelection based on the same principles as we did and we encourage all citizens of Gott-Stein to throw their support behind us in order to make the best out of Gott-Stein. We will not let you down, vote Conservative if you want this country to remain on the right track.

- explore the island to find more valuable resources 

- build more ships according to Proffitt's initiative to generate trade and economic growth, focus on fishing as it has proven to be successful

- cut down more jungle areas to promote settling there

- encourage a rise to the birth rate

- encourage immigration

- keeping the system of presenting bills to the represented parties in order to make the best decisions for the people of Gott-Stein

- grow the economy by building more and better goods like ships, carriages, and necessity articles.

The Conservative Candidates are:

1-William Worcester - incumbent Sconlair

2-Gordon McIntosh - Deputy Party leader

3-Rafael Murdoch - General Secretary

4-Norman Aldridge - Spokesperson

5-Ludovic Stapleton - Treasurer

6-Morgan Daniels - Foreign Affairs expert

7-Sylvester McIntosh - Law expert and Brother of Gordon

8-Daniel Fitzgerald - Law expert

9-Gary Farnsworth - urban planer

10-Timothy Coldridge - immigration expert

11-John Worcester - Agriculture expert and Brother of the Sconlair

12-Nathan Barrow - former guard to the Sconlair

13-Edward Niedermayer - Captain to the Sea

14-Martin O'Neill - immigration expert

Election of June 1444 AD Results

William Worchester (Conservative): 69%

John Wesley (Growth): 31%

By receiving a plurality, Worchester becomes the first three-term Sconlair!

Note: Mostly seen as a do-nothing candidate, John Wesley lacked any enthusiasm needed to take votes from the widely popular Worchester.

---------------------------------------------------------

Decisions for the 6th Sconlair, William Worchester @Conservative Elector 2

Decision 1#: Your carriage program failed immensely, even though your platform stated you still wanted to continue it. How will you make carriages become successful, or will you flip on your platform and choose something new?

Decision 2#: This is your third term, and as the public does not know your age, many worry you will soon pass due to health issues. How will you address this?

Decision 3#: While you have managed to increase growth, there has not been really anything else new to the nation for the past two decades. How will you 'spice things up?'

Remember to add/change 3 of your own policies after making these decisions!

Special Event: Terrible storms hit Gott-Stein! This poses a major risk to all sea vessels, agriculture, and new rural homes. How will the Sconlair react?

Electoral Makeup

Electoral System: Council; Thirteen Members are apart of this council, with elections every 5 years.

Population Values

Independent: 54%

Traditional: 10%

Growth: 17%

Conservative: 19%

Little momentum exists anymore, as politics has become relatively tranquil.

Council (1444-1449)

Independent: 6 Two lost re-election, but won one back and lost the other to the Traditional party. Gained one seat from the Traditional Party.

Growth: 2 Kept both seats, even though Wesley did not run for re-election. (Richard Brown and David Polk)

Traditional: 3 One seat gained from the Independents, but one also lost back to them. (Joseph Whittle, and two random guys.)

Conservative: 2 Both won re-election. (Martin O'Neill and Morgan Daniels)

The Council stayed relatively the same.

"Though disappointed with the outcome, I accept that the people have spoken. I believe Wesley and the Growth Party could have done great things for the people while in power, but we will settle for doing our best to work outside of office. Congratulations to Councilors Brown and Polk for their victories."

"I say to Sconlair Worchester, I appreciate the good you have done, though I condemn the precedent you are setting."

2 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Election of June 1444 AD Results

William Worchester (Conservative): 69%

John Wesley (Growth): 31%

By receiving a plurality, Worchester becomes the first three-term Sconlair!

Note: Mostly seen as a do-nothing candidate, John Wesley lacked any enthusiasm needed to take votes from the widely popular Worchester.

Decisions for the 6th Sconlair, William Worchester @Conservative Elector 2

Decision 1#: Your carriage program failed immensely, even though your platform stated you still wanted to continue it. How will you make carriages become successful, or will you flip on your platform and choose something new?

Decision 2#: This is your third term, and as the public does not know your age, many worry you will soon pass due to health issues. How will you address this?

Decision 3#: While you have managed to increase growth, there has not been really anything else new to the nation for the past two decades. How will you 'spice things up?'

Remember to add/change 3 of your own policies after making these decisions!

Special Event: Terrible storms hit Gott-Stein! This poses a major risk to all sea vessels, agriculture, and new rural homes. How will the Sconlair react?

The Sconlair thanks everyone for the support and trust into his work for the people. "Today I make a promise to you, that I will hand over leadership to my friend Councilman O'Neill after having served a half term. 25 years service for my people are enough. Hugo McIntosh, son of Gordon shall run for Councilman O'Neill's seat."

D1: As my platform stated carriages are just one of many goods we will continue to develop. The large program and new initiative failed, yes and I take responsibility for it, but I trust our people to develop additional skills to make all of our goods more profitable. By creating more of the same article we will acquire more knowledge and the quality will rise. I also assume that we did not use the best jungle wood when we started to build carriages. Otherwise it would have been a success. But if we want not only to use them for ourselves but export them as well, we have to use our island's best resources to get the best results and I trust our economy experts to advise people in a profitable way.

D2: When I was first elected I was 41 years old. But as I already announced I will hand over leadership to Councilman O'Neill shortly before the Midterm elections. Gott-Stein will not become a monarchy or dictatorship and I would strongly support term-limits if the Conservative Party can get a majority for it. 

D3: I think that the legacy the Conservative Party has built will provide a better future everyone. To be conservative is not just a backward vision. We are working hard for the people and to be conservative also means to be able to adapt to current processes in a reasonable way. We always ran on a platform to keep the status quo as long as we are able to create a good atmosphere for everyone. I think that we did that well and people reelected us, so I think my assumption is not wrong. I believe that we do not need any extra 'cool' ideas which will just increase government spending. We believe in rationality and I think we did the right things over the years and people gave their trust to the Conservative Party and I hope they will continue to do so because I believe in steady leadership.

Policy 1: I heard the calls not only from the Conservative Party but also from the opposition that we are setting a dangerous precedent. That is true of course. I hereby present to you B.011 which will introduce a two term limit for the Sconlairship. 20 years are more than enough to serve for the people of Gott-Stein and although I believe that every Sconlair has their interests at heart I do not want our people to suffer from fatigue or a too eager Sconlair.

Policy 2: I propose the creation of a catastrophe help fond. We need to make sure that the cash will be used only for repairing damaged homes or agricultural areas and so on. As we see a severe storm hitting our wonderful country it would be necessary for us to create some sort of safty and financial security. People should not be forced to pay but we highly encourage all of them to give a fair share. I will contribute myself. Gott-Stein is a solidary society and it should remain so. Hereby I present to you B.012 in order to establish such security fond.

Policy 3: After questions came up about what would happen if a Sconlair is not able anymore to serve, I propose the creation of the office of Vice-Sconlair. We do not want to create additional costs for our society, therefore I believe that this title shall be honorary until the unexpected day occurs. We would also support that the people of Gott-Stein are electing both the Sconlair and Vice-Sconlair on the same ticket. I strongly believe that this would make the transition more easily. B.013 supports the creation of this honorary office, which will clearly regulate the line of succession.

Special Event: I order all ships to sail out of the dangerous zone, it is better to have no revenue for a short period than to have destroyed ships. I order all people to evacuate to the safe zones and caves of our island until the storm has lost its power. People's lifes are the most important good we have and I will do everything to protect them. The Sconlair residence was built safely in a quiet area and we will kindly open all our doors for the people who search for a safe place. We will not hide cowardly behind our walls. The citizens of Gott-Stein are our brothers and sisters. If there will be damage to agricultural areas or homes we will rebuild them as soon as possible (hopefully with the funds from our Catastrophe Help Fond) but for now we will hope that everyone survives and that damage will not be that horrible. Thank you!

Oswald Witte offers to donate half of his raw lumber supply to the Catastrophe Help Fund, Witte's son (aged 17) will also lead a team of builders to assist with any building or ship repairs as necessary. Oswald Witte encourages the other business leaders and leadership of the Growth Party to do everything they can to assist with the disaster relief efforts as well.  

"The Council, Sconlairship, and even the island itself are nothing without the people. Our motley nation has always done it's level best to survive with little material riches, and if we work as a community we will continue to do so. Gott-Stein demands that you pitch in."

8 minutes ago, FrancisXKennedy said:

Oswald Witte offers to donate half of his raw lumber supply to the Catastrophe Help Fund, Witte's son (aged 17) will also lead a team of builders to assist with any building or ship repairs as necessary. Oswald Witte encourages the other business leaders and leadership of the Growth Party to do everything they can to assist with the disaster relief efforts as well.  

"The Council, Sconlairship, and even the island itself are nothing without the people. Our motley nation has always done it's level best to survive with little material riches, and if we work as a community we will continue to do so. Gott-Stein demands that you pitch in."

Sconlair Worcester thanks Oswald for his courage and willingness to help our people: "This shows that we have a grateful and warm-hearted opposition and I believe that Gott-Steinians can be proud and hopeful about the times which will come. It is necessary to work together whether we are Conservatives or Growth Party supporters or Traditionalists. An obstructive opposition is the worst for the development of a country. With leaders like my dear friend Oswald or the next generation of the Conservative Party we will have a fine time ahead of us. Thank you for your help."

1 hour ago, Kingthero said:

Council Vote

B.011: 5-0-0

B.012: 5-0-0

B.013: 5-0-0

@WVProgressive@CalebsParadox

Indies will be simmed later.

Growth party officially endorses all three bills.

Council Vote Status

B.011: 10-2-1 HOWEVER DECLARED UNCONSTITUTIONAL BY THE COURT OF KINGTHERO, CITING THE COUNCIL'S INABILITY TO LIMIT THE "reach of authority of the Sconclair".

Thereby, the clerk deems this legislation illegal and forbids its passage.

B.012: 8-3-2

B.013: 12-0-1

3 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Council Vote Status

B.011: 10-2-1 HOWEVER DECLARED UNCONSTITUTIONAL BY THE COURT OF KINGTHERO, CITING THE COUNCIL'S INABILITY TO LIMIT THE "reach of authority of the Sconclair".

OOC: What branch can limit the reach and authority of the Sconlair?  Can the position only be self-regulated?

4 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Council Vote Status

OOC: I was questioning if i even have the authority to establish term limits lol

2 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Council Vote

B.011: 5-0-0

B.012: 5-0-0

B.013: 5-0-0

@WVProgressive@CalebsParadox

Indies will be simmed later.

The Traditional Party is urged to vote aye on the latter two bills.

Sconlair Worcester: “Although I am sad to see our bill declared unconstitutional, I promise that no one from the Conservative Party will ever run for a third term again, as long as we are not engaged in a war or other very special circumstances are occuring. 

Council Vote Results

B.012: 11-3-2

B.013: 15-0-1

I may wait to later to sim the term, as I've been on and will be on vacation until early June. Right now, my power source is limited, and trying to conserve battery.

16 hours ago, FrancisXKennedy said:

OOC: What branch can limit the reach and authority of the Sconlair?  Can the position only be self-regulated?

I tend to regulate that myself; I am enforcing the Constitution on a meta level.

40 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

I tend to regulate that myself; I am enforcing the Constitution on a meta level.

Understandable. By waiting until later to update, you don’t mean early June do you? Lol. Not sure how well the rp would survive.

12 hours ago, FrancisXKennedy said:

Understandable. By waiting until later to update, you don’t mean early June do you? Lol. Not sure how well the rp would survive.

Later as in ~tonight~ tomorrow

OOC: Just wanted to do a little world building/flavor enhancement.

Name: Oswald Witte
Born: August 9th, 1396
Died: March 10th, 1471
Occupation: Lumberjack, Carpenter, Gott-Stein's largest producer of wooden building materials.
Political Positions:
Former Candidate for Sconlair
Secretary of Lumber, Growth Party

Blurb:

Oswald Witte was an important figure in the early colonial period of Gott-Stein, coming to the island as a child and growing up to become a skilled lumberjack and carpenter. Oswald founded the Lumberjack Guild mentoring many young men on the island in the trade, directly employing the majority himself and creating a near monopoly on raw lumber.

Oswald is known for his large size on an island where most don't put on much weight, already of a large frame, his large appetite combined with his prosperity have made him a noticeably plump man. Though mostly a political figure via his position within the Growth Party, he still manages to make time to perform manual labor along side of his workers from time to time. To most, Witte comes off as a friendly man, even if somewhat brash and blunt. He has been known to have great feasts and invite his political rivals and allies as a way to keep the leadership of the island on friendly terms.

Family:
            - Spouse: Elizabeth Lambeau Witte
            - Children: Oscar Witte (son), Elizabeth Marie Witte (daughter)

OswaldWitte.jpg

This will likely be updated today... Most of my time has been spent running my party's election for the past few days on another game.