270soft Forum
Kingthero

Presidential Growth Campaign

Note: It is almost impossible for the Traditional Party to make moves to keep up and stay relevant if we are only isolationist and contractionary. By attaching ourselves to the cause of internal growth, we should be able to stay relevant and to actually gain support if we're not directly in power. We should line up very well with the Conservative Party, and I see many coalitions forming between the two parties if we continue to line up policy wise. 

Also, am I good to introduce another piece of legislation or should I wait for player responses before that?

4 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Decisions for the 6th Sconlair, William Worchester @Conservative Elector 2

Decision 1#: Birth rates have previously gone unaddressed in Gott-Stein. How will you address the birth rates, as one of your campaign promises was to raise them?

Decision 2#: The people are upset that you broke the tie against B.003, even though one of your campaign promises was to encourage immigration. How will you address this so you don't become a hypocrite?

Decision 3#: The parties are some of the most poorly organized groups of people, some people even calling them "political slaughterhouses". How will you address this issue, and specifically what makes your party different than the others?

Remember to add/change 3 of your own policies after making these decisions!

4 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

Elijah Blackman Jr. Introduces  B.004, encouraging larger family sizes!

" I propose that for each child past the secondborn that a family raises past the age of five years old, the family will receive increasing tax reliefs and will receive preferential settlement in the newly conquered areas outside of our community.

This resolution should encourage a much higher level of growth than immigration or further exploration of the jungle can currently provide, and we believe that this is the best route to achieving prosperity and economic stability for each and every citizen of Gott-Stein."

3 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

Note: It is almost impossible for the Traditional Party to make moves to keep up and stay relevant if we are only isolationist and contractionary. By attaching ourselves to the cause of internal growth, we should be able to stay relevant and to actually gain support if we're not directly in power. We should line up very well with the Conservative Party, and I see many coalitions forming between the two parties if we continue to line up policy wise. 

Also, am I good to introduce another piece of legislation or should I wait for player responses before that?

D1: As our friend Elijah proposed I also think that cooperation with the Traditional Party is a decent aim. Therefore we will support B.004 as we also stand for tax reliefs and for using our island's potential. To get people out and settle on our beautiful island was always our goal. Tax reliefs should also be given to families and couple households to get people out of the single comfort zone. Additionally we will introduce a Family Day in order to propagate the necessity of a functioning society and we need to introduce a working childcare center in our community so women can still do their regular day when they had children. This also creates jobs and we stand for economical growth.

D2: Voting against B.003 was Scott Sinclair's fault. He thought he would vote for a bill about calling back our explorers (the Conservative Party supports exploring our island)... Therefore he stepped already down. The Conservative Party stands for immigration and as we often proposed we would encourage new settlers by providing them enough jungle wood in order to build their own homes. New immigrants are granted the right to settle where they want (within our community or outside) and they are welcome to bring their families.

D3: Parties are not as much developed as we would like this see this issue done. We would encourage that the large portion of independents should work more closely with the party organizations in order to provide more reasonable solutions for the problems Gott-Stein is facing. We would like to allow a small tax relief to all people who are willing to join a party and as we already proposed would like to see an increase (lets double the number) in the number of councilmen to make the council more relevant and to represent our people in more efficient way. As we promised we will keep the system of presenting bills to the council and let them vote on it. Our Party is different because we stand for stability, sustainable growth, security and reasonable decisions. We focus on the people of Gott-Stein and we have their interests at our hearts.

Policy 1: Since it was our Party's fault that we could not pass B.003 we will reintroduce the bill as B.005 and we encourage our councilmen to vote Yea on it. 

I hereby return immigration incentives back to the nation. I am giving away one pixel of land per group of fifty people that apply for the land. This territory shall be located in the cleared land around the city, and will be distinguished by a separate color on the map. This will be thrown to the council as B.003. (now B.005)

Policy 2: In order to achieve economic growth we think it is necessary to cut down the jungle sustainable. We would like to see 3 instead of 2 'pixels' cut down per year and we present this as B.006 to the council.

Policy 3: I am asking the people to start an initiative to pre-build homes for our new settlers and future families. This would encourage both immigrants and our families to increase the birth rate and it would speed up the process to feel familiar within our community. We do not want to dictate such an issue and therefore we are throwing it to the council as B.007.

Thank you!

Council Vote

B.004: 10-1-2

B.005: 4-1-4

B.006: 5-1-3

B.007: 6-1-2

@CalebsParadox must vote on the latter 3 bills. I am the clerk so I will arrange the legislation on the first page to match their purpose.

OOC: I am very curious if I have the potential to be a good ruler. My experience in medieval politics is very limited and therefore I had to think a lot about what to do, but I am a bit surprised that I managed to get so much ideas for the difficult problems :D 

36 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

OOC: I am very curious if I have the potential to be a good ruler. My experience in medieval politics is very limited and therefore I had to think a lot about what to do, but I am a bit surprised that I managed to get so much ideas for the difficult problems :D 

I think the fact that this RP is successful so far is a testimony of what there is to come. Once you guys get these basics set out there will be things like colonialism, gunpowder, and foreign events that will happen. Everyone brings their own unique ideas, which suits well.

Also, the fact that we are merging a medieval type nation with modern type styles is also intriguing, but since this is a fantasy roleplay I am not worried about technicalities as much.

The Traditional Councilmen are urged by Party Head Elijah Blackman Jr. to vote aye on all resolutions proposed by the Sconclair. However, members are urged to "vote their conscious" on B.006 and a dice can be thrown to simulate a random party vote. Typically we would vote nay on such legislation but popular will and our goal to gain favor with the Conservatives mean we can vote for it. 

However, any attempt to increase the amount of Councilmen will be met with better opposition by our elected representatives. We are finally reaching a period of stability, and to change anything of our electoral system so soon is to push aside that stability in favor of chaos once more. 

Council Vote Results

B.004: 13-1-2

B.005: 11-1-4

B.006: 9-1-6 

B.007: 13-1-2

I just realized I have neglected the constitution... my B.003 would have passed because of my 3 votes. Sorry yall oml.

The Status of Gott-Stein (1434)

6th Sconlair: William Worchester (Conservative)

Popularity: 58%; Worchester has been the most popular Sconlair so far, and even though he tried to implement many policies regarding "taxes", which aren't even a thing, his ability to encourage growth in the country and spark more interest into politics caused him to excel.

Cities: Scottsville (1,040) (296+56)

Island Exploration: 13.2%

Population: 1,040 people. Families have finally decided to leave the city to take up the various initiatives promoted by the Government. This will be seen in the next posted map.

Economy: Depression; The status of the economy is relatively the same, which is actually a blessing to the Government as Government spending has increased with no taxes and minimal Government revenue. Profitt's shipbuilding initiative this decade has produced seven ships, which held together and can be delegated by the next Sconlair as to what they will be used for.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Electoral Makeup

Electoral System: Council; Thirteen Members are apart of this council, with elections every 5 years. (The electoral makeup in this post will represent after midterm elections.)

-----------------------------------------

Population Values

Independent: 69%

Market: 4%

Traditional: 6%

Growth: 9%

Conservative: 12%

The Growth Party's momentum lead them to gains, the Market party has no momentum, the Traditional Party, although not in power, made gains, and the Conservative Party made a great number of gains. The numbers of Independents has declined because of the new party initiatives, which surprisingly the population has not gotten upset over.

Council (1429-1434) The Conservative Party can't double the council without legislation.

Independent: 9 An Independent still holds Senior Councilman. 3 lost re-election, but were replaced by 3 additional Independents.

Growth: 0

Market: 0

Traditional: 3 Two lost re-election, but one was gained from a former Conservative seat. For Roleplay sake, Blackman Jr. and Joseph Whittle are the two that won re-election.

Conservative: 1 Lost re-election, but one seat was gained from a former Traditional seat.

Lucky dice rolls saved the Conservatives yet again, while another seat from the Traditional party was lost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Election of June 1434 AD

@WVProgressive @Conservative Elector 2 @Illinois Moderate@CalebsParadox

It is time to state candidacies. The country is stable, and the current Sconlair has the highest approval rating seen yet.

Will Worchester hold his office, or will his opponents push for a platform that will add unheard of ideas to the country?

Note: Election results will happen 48 hours after this post, or when all people interested in running post their candidate and campaign. If anyone wants to join, you may join as well.

Additional note: The RNG factor generally in favor, especially with Immigration and Birth rates. However, every time the Sconlair had a positive roll, RNG limited its impact. The few negative rolls didn't have a strong impact either, however. The economy was the closest roll ever, as the Sconlair almost had positive economic growth following more government spending, which would have changed the course of the country for years to come.

William Worcester runs for reelection on the same platform and is promising to continue stability for Gott-Stein and it's people! We will also focus on increasing our number of Councilmen. 

It would be nice to have more councilmen of our own party so we can promote our ideas better. We also hold out an olive branch to any party willing to support our ideas and we will consider their ideas. Coalitions and consensus finding is very necessary these days.

Our principles are still the same:

- explore the island to find more valuable resources 

- build more ships according to Proffitt's initiative to generate trade and economic growth

- cut down more jungle areas to promote settling there

- encourage a rise to the birth rate

- encourage immigration

- keeping the system of presenting bills to the represented parties in order to make the best decisions for the people of Gott-Stein

Vote Conservative, if you want to keep our country on the right track!

Oswald Witte a 38 year old lumberjack/carpenter, becoming interested in politics due to Worcester's initiatives throws his hat in the ring as a member of the Growth Party.

My fellow brothers and citizens of Scottsville, I seek to become your Sconlaire because I want to bring about revolutionary change to the quality of life in our fair settlement. As your servant, I would champion initiatives to bolster our numbers through the creation of a system of waste disposal so that vermin are drawn away from our city, taking with them their various diseases. I also would seek to clear land for agriculture, and to find a source of freshwater so that we may build an aqueduct to supply our town with clean water for drinking. I also would like to focus a prospecting mission on the mountainous area of the island to find what minerals and materials might be available.

It is my thought that through establishing an infrastructure, our societies numbers will not only increase naturally, but be more easily maintained.

Thank you,

OOC - New to the forum, joined because this RP is one of the coolest concepts I've seen and I've been lurking for a while!

OOC: I will do party primaries if more than one person is in a party.

Arthur Webley announces the Growth Party endorses Oswald Witt as official Growth Party Sconlair candidate, also announces council candidates.

Arthur Webley

Position: Growth Party party leader

Alexander Ivanov

Position: Growth Party deputy leader

John Wesley

Position: Growth Party secretary of religion and faith

Abner Abner 

Position: Growth Party secretary of immigration

Richard Brown

Position: Growth Party secretary of economics 

Brigam Scott

Position: Growth Party secretary of agriculture (son of William Scott)

7 .

Alexander Drudge

Position: Growth Part secretary of justice (former deputy-leader)

Harry Mercer

Position: former ambassador to the crow nations under William Scott

David Polk

Position: Growth Party secretary of trade

John Birney

Position: Growth Party secretary of equality

James Kerry

Position: Growth Party secretary of culture

Geoffrey Branch

Position: Growth Party secretary of birth rates 

A. Edward Clark

Position: Growth Party secretary of defense

@Kingthero @FrancisXKennedy

Just now, WVProgressive said:

Arthur Webley announces the Growth Party endorses Oswald Witt as official Growth Party Sconlair candidate, also announces council candidates.

Arthur Webley

Position: Growth Party party leader

Alexander Ivanov

Position: Growth Party deputy leader

John Wesley

Position: Growth Party secretary of religion and faith

Abner Abner 

Position: Growth Party secretary of immigration

Richard Brown

Position: Growth Party secretary of economics 

Brigam Scott

Position: Growth Party secretary of agriculture (son of William Scott)

7 .

Alexander Drudge

Position: Growth Part secretary of justice (former deputy-leader)

Harry Mercer

Position: former ambassador to the crow nations under William Scott

David Polk

Position: Growth Party secretary of trade

John Birney

Position: Growth Party secretary of equality

James Kerry

Position: Growth Party secretary of culture

Geoffrey Branch

Position: Growth Party secretary of birth rates 

A. Edward Clark

Position: Growth Party secretary of defense

@Kingthero @FrancisXKennedy

I am proud to have my party's endorsement, and I look forward to campaigning not only for the Sconlairship, but working as hard as possible to support my brothers seeking other leadership positions. It is as a team that we will grow our party and our country.

Traditional Party Endorses Sconclair Worcester!

(more to be inserted later)

On behalf of the Growth Party I would like to welcome the members of the Market party with open arms. 

OOC

@Illinois Moderate you’ll still stick around right?

10 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

Traditional Party Endorses Sconclair Worcester!

(more to be inserted later)

Sconlair Worcester thanks the Traditional party for this endorsement and is promising to represent their values if reelected.

The Conservative Candidates are:

1-William Worcester - incumbent Sconlair

2-Gordon McIntosh - Deputy Party leader

3-Rafael Murdoch - General Secretary

4-Norman Aldridge - Spokesperson

5-Ludovic Stapleton - Treasurer

6-Morgan Daniels - Foreign Affairs expert

7-Sylvester McIntosh - Law expert and Brother of Gordon

8-Daniel Fitzgerald - Law expert

9-Gary Farnsworth - urban planer

10-Timothy Coldridge - immigration expert

11-John Worcester - Agriculture expert and Brother of the Sconlair

12-Nathan Barrow - former guard to the Sconlair

13-Edward Niedermayer - Captain to the Sea

14-Martin O'Neill - immigration expert (would only serve if the Sconlair is reelected and all other other members are elected as well)

Election of June 1434 AD Results

William Worchester (Conservative & Traditional): 60%

Oswald Witte (Growth): 40%

By receiving a plurality, Worchester becomes the first consecutive two-term Sconlair!

Note: Worchester entered the race at an advantage due to his above average popularity and very lucky RNG rolls, however Witte got very lucky as a brand new candidate.

---------------------------------------------------------

Decision 1#: You have praised Profitt's Shipbuilding program, and as Sconlair you seemingly have absolute control over trade. However, some are weary of if you have the ability to control all produced goods. How will you make this issue more concrete? Also, what will you do with the ships once they are built?

Decision 2#: Your opponent brought up purposing land for agriculture. With a growing population, a typical hunter and gatherer scene won't last forever. How will you address agriculture?

Decision 3#: Diversifying the economy has been one of the issues consistently brought up. Aside from ships, how will you grow the economy?

---------------------------------------------------------

Electoral Makeup

Electoral System: Council; Thirteen Members are apart of this council, with elections every 5 years.

Population Values

Independent: 59%

Traditional: 9%

Growth: 15%

Conservative: 17%

This election brought forth a lot of participation from the people, leading to more party alignments. The Growth party managed to fully merge all Market supporters, as well as growing from sympathetic voters. Conservative and Traditional alike also grew in large numbers.

Council (1434-1439)

Independent: 9 Two lost re-election, but one seat was regained and one was lost to the Conservatives. Also, one seat was gained from the Traditional Party.

Growth: 0

Traditional: 2 One lost re-election (Blackman Jr.), and the seat was lost to the Independents. (random guy and other guy are incumbents)

Conservative: 2 One lost re-election, but another Conservative won the seat. Gained a seat from the Independents. (O'Neill and McIntosh incumbents)

Lucky dice rolls saved the Conservatives yet again, while another seat from the Traditional party was lost.

Gott-Stein 1434.png

Oscar Witte concedes peaceably, vowing to assist the Sconlair should he adopt any of his policies. Witte vows to continue to advocate for Growth and work to build the party until the next decade’s election. 

1 hour ago, Kingthero said:

Decision 1#: You have praised Profitt's Shipbuilding program, and as Sconlair you seemingly have absolute control over trade. However, some are weary of if you have the ability to control all produced goods. How will you make this issue more concrete? Also, what will you do with the ships once they are built?

Decision 2#: Your opponent brought up purposing land for agriculture. With a growing population, a typical hunter and gatherer scene won't last forever. How will you address agriculture?

Decision 3#: Diversifying the economy has been one of the issues consistently brought up. Aside from ships, how will you grow the economy?

I thank everyone who trusted in my programs and vision again and I promise to work for all citizens of Gott-Stein whether they voted for me or not.

D1: I hereby announce that with more produced and traded goods, we will be in need of sufficient logistics. Therefore I call on a meeting between all financial, logistic and agricultural experts from our nation to gather and develop and execute a plan to list all goods, natural and crafted, so that we know exactly what and how many items are produced, used and traded. So we will also gain a profound overview about what we have left in our depositories as well. To advance in both trade and economical growth it is necessary to know what we can offer and distribute to both our trade partners and our own people. I would like to continue the shipbuilding program and use those ship first and foremost for expanding our trade and fishing industries in order to achieve growth and gain as much revenue as possible for our people. Use the ocean it has a lot of potential left!

D2: I whole-heartedly support those measures. We cannot use all free land for settlement. Besides building new houses we also need to make sure that we have enough areas to plant and grow the most necessary crops. I also think that it will be necessary to teach the people the basics of sustainable farming like crop rotation and three-field system. In order to use this plan I call on the aforementioned experts to meet and I would also personally fund the establishment of the College of Agriculture and Logistics, where people who want to live as farmers instead of hunters and gatherers can learn how to do this successfully.

D3: I would propose to build carriages as well. It would not only grow our inner country trade and speed up the distributing of our goods, but we could also use them for export if we are able to be outstanding in that field. This would of course require a decent horse population and therefore I, as Sconlair call on to bring horses to our community in order to grow enough, so we can use them with the newly built carriages. Additionally, if we are able to grow a strong horse population we can export them as well to gain revenue.

Policy 1: We heard the calls that B.003 is highly popular among our people. We also heard the calls to double the efforts. So I present to you B.008 which seeks to amend B.003 by doubling it. Giving away the same amount of land for less people might attract more immigrants to our wonderful nation.

Policy 2: I would like to restart exploring our island by sending a new expedition out. As Sconlair I would also be willing to support it with my own money instead using the country's money. Therefore I present to you B.009 to get support among the people for a permanent exploration team to get to know our island better until we explored every inch of it.

Policy 3: I would also like to introduce legislation concerning the question of taxes. We made a lot of progress without having even a sort of taxes right now. I would like to make sure that those promises which have already have been made are surely kept if we see the day on which we might have no other choice than taxation. I present to you B.010 which will make sure that given promises concerning taxes are kept even if we establish a system of taxation at some day. 

55 minutes ago, FrancisXKennedy said:

Oscar Witte concedes peaceably, vowing to assist the Sconlair should he adopt any of his policies. Witte vows to continue to advocate for Growth and work to build the party until the next decade’s election. 

Thank you!

Council Vote

B.008: 8-1-5

B.009: 7-3-4

B.010: 8-1-5

@CalebsParadox you need to vote, even though it doesn't matter.