270soft Forum
Patine

HD Issues

@admin_270

I just got a new computer with two hard drives - a MUCH faster, but MUCH smaller capacity solid state HD meant for games requiring a lot of speed and processing power (obviously not TheorySpark games or my other beloved strategy games of Civ2 or the Ensemble Studios Age of Empires and Mythology - mostly just one or two games realistically for me), and a MUCH bigger HD in capacity with a standard one. Windows (including the default My Documents folder) are automatically on the smaller solid state HD. If I install CI, PI, and PMI on the standard, larger-capacity HD, will it still insist on storing fan made scenarios and setting in the default My Document (and those scenarios, collectively, take a LOT of memory, mostly due to the bitmaps), or is there a way to have them place fan made scenarios and settings in, and read them from, a location on the regular, bigger capacity HD?

6 hours ago, Patine said:

@admin_270

I just got a new computer with two hard drives - a MUCH faster, but MUCH smaller capacity solid state HD meant for games requiring a lot of speed and processing power (obviously not TheorySpark games or my other beloved strategy games of Civ2 or the Ensemble Studios Age of Empires and Mythology - mostly just one or two games realistically for me), and a MUCH bigger HD in capacity with a standard one. Windows (including the default My Documents folder) are automatically on the smaller solid state HD. If I install CI, PI, and PMI on the standard, larger-capacity HD, will it still insist on storing fan made scenarios and setting in the default My Document (and those scenarios, collectively, take a LOT of memory, mostly due to the bitmaps), or is there a way to have them place fan made scenarios and settings in, and read them from, a location on the regular, bigger capacity HD?

I think you can install it to the second hard drive and save your stuff from there. Also in the future please refer to computer storage space as storage and not memory (the latter of which indicates RAM which would be odd considering PI is a lightweight application.)

@Patine

There is currently no way to do this.

You might want to change the location of your Documents folder. To do this in Windows 10, 1. Locate it in your File Explorer. 2. Right-click, select Properties. 3. Select the Location tab. 4. Select Find Target, then select your new location.

34 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@Patine

There is currently no way to do this.

You might want to change the location of your Documents folder. To do this in Windows 10, 1. Locate it in your File Explorer. 2. Right-click, select Properties. 3. Select the Location tab. 4. Select Find Target, then select your new location.

Thank-you. I didn't know you relocate the Documents folder. That is a great help.