270soft Forum
sargenthawk

Severe game slowdown since last update

I've been suffering from severe lag and game slow-down since downloading and installing the last update. It runs perfectly fine for the first few months, but by say late March or early April it begins to be noticeable and by August-September it is damn near unplayable. Since the update I have only managed to finish one election out of at least 50 attempts. Most of the time it crashes with some error right after the Democratic primaries.

I never had this problem until the update, and as far as I can tell no one is having this problem. Can anyone help give me an idea on what might be going on here? because as of now, this is unplayable.

2 hours ago, sargenthawk said:

I've been suffering from severe lag and game slow-down since downloading and installing the last update. It runs perfectly fine for the first few months, but by say late March or early April it begins to be noticeable and by August-September it is damn near unplayable. Since the update I have only managed to finish one election out of at least 50 attempts. Most of the time it crashes with some error right after the Democratic primaries.

I never had this problem until the update, and as far as I can tell no one is having this problem. Can anyone help give me an idea on what might be going on here? because as of now, this is unplayable.

Are you sure it's not related to security updates? I have had no such problem

33 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Are you sure it's not related to security updates? I have had no such problem

what would security updates have to do with it? and if so, how would i go about possibly fixing it?

Just now, sargenthawk said:

what would security updates have to do with it? and if so, how would i go about possibly fixing it?

Depending on the age of your computer the meltdown and spectre patches may have seriously slowed down your PC (due to the fact that the exploits exploit features used to make things faster). Has the PC in general slowed down since or it just PI?

8 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Depending on the age of your computer the meltdown and spectre patches may have seriously slowed down your PC (due to the fact that the exploits exploit features used to make things faster). Has the PC in general slowed down since or it just PI?

its a relatively new HP ENVY that's about 1-2 years old. PI is the only thing that has slowed down.

1 minute ago, sargenthawk said:

its a relatively new HP ENVY that's about 1-2 years old. PI is the only thing that has slowed down.

What are the PC specs?

I'd recommend trying to reinstall it.

Some people seem to be experiencing this - my best guess is it is related to a memory or resource leak in the game.

Try saving and loading the game, according to reports that solves the problem, and so that is the workaround I would recommend at this point.

This problem is noted.

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Some people seem to be experiencing this - my best guess is it is related to a memory or resource leak in the game.

Try saving and loading the game, according to reports that solves the problem, and so that is the workaround I would recommend at this point.

This problem is noted.

Thanks, I'm relieved to see that its not just me