270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Who is more trustworthy: Trump vs. Comey

Who do you trust more? Trump vs. Comey  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Comey's new book is about to be released. Who do you trust more?

• I trust Trump more than Comey
    • I trust Comey more than Trump
    • I find them equally untrustworthy
    • I find them equally trustworthy

New poll

I trust Comey more than Trump, but I do think Comey has an agenda, which means he will reveal stuff that is mostly true, but he will omit things that might make it seem worse than it might really be. That is, at least in the cases it can be. 

Meant to click equally untrustworthy. Accidentally did trustworthy. My bad.

Here it is everyone! Sarah Huckabee Sanders publically said that Trump firing Comey, who was conducting an investigation into a series of alleged wrongdoings of Trump's administration, an act that is on iffy grounds legally, and certainly easily seen as unethical, corrupt, and a potential cover-up through authoritarian strong-arm tactics, is one of the Trump administration's "greatest achievements." One doesn't need "fake news" or "liberal biased attacks" with an administration that shoots itself in the foot that way!

On 4/13/2018 at 8:46 PM, Patine said:

Here it is everyone! Sarah Huckabee Sanders publically said that Trump firing Comey, who was conducting an investigation into a series of alleged wrongdoings of Trump's administration, an act that is on iffy grounds legally, and certainly easily seen as unethical, corrupt, and a potential cover-up through authoritarian strong-arm tactics, is one of the Trump administration's "greatest achievements." One doesn't need "fake news" or "liberal biased attacks" with an administration that shoots itself in the foot that way!

The president excercised his executive authority which is in no way on iffy grounds regardless of what he may have or may not have been investigating.

4 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

The president excercised his executive authority which is in no way on iffy grounds regardless of what he may have or may not have been investigating.

The circumstances and timing of his exercising of that authority potentially incriminates him, though. Also, the power of U.S. Presidents to shut down criminal investigations and procedures into themselves and other Federal officials simply by "firing" law enforcers, the requirement of an "impeachment" process by the House of Representatives to allow the trial of a U.S. President or other high Federal official to even be conduct, and the trial being done by the Senate, and not a standard court-of-law, and the power of Presidential and Gubernatorial Pardons were powers that were gross oversights to be given by the U.S. Constitution, and have been abused thoroughly through the years, and the fear of their abuse has prevented many criminals in various U.S. Administrations or high-ranking lawmakers from even being seriously attempted to be prosecuted, and Pardons have been used nepotistically to get disgraced and convicted officials of that sort off the hook by later Presidents (Nixon and, more recently, Libby, are good examples). These powers MUST be abolished entirely, with no compromise or similar replacements, and such officials, all the way up to sitting Presidents, must be treated before the law like any other citizen. Either that, or the United States should find a new, more honest, and more fitting national motto than "and justice for all."

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎15 at 3:21 PM, Patine said:

The circumstances and timing of his exercising of that authority potentially incriminates him, though. Also, the power of U.S. Presidents to shut down criminal investigations and procedures into themselves and other Federal officials simply by "firing" law enforcers, the requirement of an "impeachment" process by the House of Representatives to allow the trial of a U.S. President or other high Federal official to even be conduct, and the trial being done by the Senate, and not a standard court-of-law, and the power of Presidential and Gubernatorial Pardons were powers that were gross oversights to be given by the U.S. Constitution, and have been abused thoroughly through the years, and the fear of their abuse has prevented many criminals in various U.S. Administrations or high-ranking lawmakers from even being seriously attempted to be prosecuted, and Pardons have been used nepotistically to get disgraced and convicted officials of that sort off the hook by later Presidents (Nixon and, more recently, Libby, are good examples). These powers MUST be abolished entirely, with no compromise or similar replacements, and such officials, all the way up to sitting Presidents, must be treated before the law like any other citizen. Either that, or the United States should find a new, more honest, and more fitting national motto than "and justice for all."

I'm surprised you haven't responded at all to this, @NYrepublican.

20 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm surprised you haven't responded at all to this, @NYrepublican.

It's just an opinion and you have a right to hold it.

26 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

It's just an opinion and you have a right to hold it.

But what is YOUR opinion specifically on the impeachment process and open-ended Presidential and Gubernatorial pardons, and if they're appropriate to the executive head-of-state of a non-monarchial/theocratic/dictatorial nation, where said head-of-state is supposed to represent and be empowered by the people and remain, in legal status, a citizen of that nation, and not a special aristocratic or otherwise socially exalted class?