270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sunnymentoaddict

Speaker Paul Ryan is not running for reelection.

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan will not  be seeking re-election this November. This district was unique in the Cook Political Report, prior to this news had the Wisconsin 1st rated as "Likely Republican", because of the strong challenger from the Democratic party, Randy Bryce.  With Ryan out, the current front runner for the Republican primary is a candidate from the far-right, Paul Nehlan. 

What does Paul Ryan reluctance to seek another term as Speaker mean for the state of the GoP? And who  do you think will be the Republican leader in the House going forward?

8 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan will not  be seeking re-election this November. This district was unique in the Cook Political Report, prior to this news had the Wisconsin 1st rated as "Likely Republican", because of the strong challenger from the Democratic party, Randy Bryce.  With Ryan out, the current front runner for the Republican primary is a candidate from the far-right, Paul Nehlan. 

What does Paul Ryan reluctance to seek another term as Speaker mean for the state of the GoP? And who  do you think will be the Republican leader in the House going forward?

It was because he was tired of the speakership he was leading by 20 points in polls.

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

It was because he was tired of the speakership he was leading by 20 points in polls.

To be honest, I agree with the first part of your comment. The man is in his 40s, and has been in politics since he was 28. Can you imagine the mental stress he has endured since 1998? And since he is the Speaker, every interview will have a question of this variant, "What are your thoughts on what President Trump just did?". That can get old fast.  

3 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

To be honest, I agree with the first part of your comment. The man is in his 40s, and has been in politics since he was 28. Can you imagine the mental stress he has endured since 1998? And since he is the Speaker, every interview will have a question of this variant, "What are your thoughts on what President Trump just did?". That can get old fast.  

I agree with both parts. I couldn't imagine being a politician for 12 years and having that spotlight, jobs probably as stressful as Trumps with all of the mess in Congress that he has to deal with from both sides