270soft Forum
vcczar

New Historical President RP

53 minutes ago, Patine said:

The word "terrorist" was not in the parlance of usage in the late 18th/early 19th Century at all. The word didn't exist and hadn't been coined, especially to be quoted in the manner of reference to a long-standing and frequently, even casually, used and understood term as it's used above. I don't believe the term was first coined, in fact, until it was used for the Fennians or the Anarchists, both of whom got started in the LATE 18th Century. Pedantic and technical note courtesy of Patine. :P

Indeed the first use was in 1798 in the 5th edition of the vocabulary of the French academy to design a global politic of terror against opponents from the State => State of Terror

At that period, France copies the US with the Directory, just after the terror and right before Napoleon :P

It will take tha assassinations of the Tsar and Carnot in 1883/1884 then the bombing on Chaillot palace in the same time for changing the definition of terrorism to "movements turned against the state" and not from the state

6 minutes ago, Sami said:

Indeed the first use was in 1798 in the 5th edition of the vocabulary of the French academy to design a global politic of terror against opponents from the State => State of Terror

At that period, France copies the US with the Directory, just after the terror and right before Napoleon :P

It will take tha assassinations of the Tsar and Carnot in 1883/1884 then the bombing on Chaillot palace in the same time for changing the definition of terrorism to "movements turned against the state" and not from the state

The latter definition of which @Reagan04 is definitely using, though...

@vcczar President Aldridge announces Virginia Governor Bigelow as his Vice Presidential nominee! The 1804 Republican Convention is lit with cheers of Aldridge/Bigelow. However, as the President vowed to be the President for all people, particularly the disenfranchised, he has called on Yates to become his Secretary of War to expand Westward and unite the party.

Ok, for the sake of expediency, the election will be Aldridge/Bigelow vs. Williams/Bunt. As this was a pre-primary era, with conventions, Aldridge would have been unanimous for the nomination. 

I'll post the election results tomorrow, most likely. 

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Ok, for the sake of expediency, the election will be Aldridge/Bunt vs. Williams/Bunt. As this was a pre-primary era, with conventions, Aldridge would have been unanimous for the nomination. 

You mean Aldridge/Bigelow?

30 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@vcczar President Aldridge announces Virginia Governor Bigelow as his Vice Presidential nominee! The 1804 Republican Convention is lit with cheers of Aldridge/Bigelow. However, as the President vowed to be the President for all people, particularly the disenfranchised, he has called on Yates to become his Secretary of War to expand Westward and unite the party.

OOC: I can't help but to notice all of the @Reagan04 RP characters only go on about uniting their PARTY, never bringing or seriously attempting unity to the NATION. Just an observation there...

((Thanks for the updates and dedicate, everyone!))

7 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

6 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Yates Accepts Secretary of War Position

Governor Bigelow proudly accepts the possibility to serve as the next Vice President. 

"I am sure that the Aldridge/Bigelow administration will provide solutions for all people. We are on the right track but we must keep that course in order to fulfill our destiny and so I encourage all Americans to keep America's way to liberty by reelecting President Aldridge this year. I also would like to congratulate Mr. Yates for his new position. I am sure that his work will help to continue the way to prosperity for all Americans. Let's get to work for our country. God bless you all."

1804 Election:

Republican Ticket: Pres. William M. Aldridge (PA) and Gov. Bigelow (VA). This ticket's platform runs on the accomplishments of Aldridge's first term. They place an emphasis on paying down the national debt and organizing the Louisiana Territory. Republicans are expected to hold the South (Virginia will be competitive), West, and has a slightly stronger chance in the Mid-Atlantic. 

Federalist Ticket:  Sen. Frederick Williams (MA) and Sen. Alexander Bunt, Jr. (VA). This ticket calls for an increase in the size of the army and navy, to revoke France's "Most Favored Nation" trade status, to push for closer relations with Britain, and to spread industrialization to the South. Additionally, Williams vows to prosecute the Fries Rebel leaders. Williams is balanced with the son of former President Bunt, who favors most Federalist initiatives, but also accepts many Republican initiatives, such as expansionism, greater voting rights for male citizens, a balance tariff. Additionally, he hopes Williams will expand the funding of the Lewis and Clark expedition. Federalists will likely take New England, and remain competitive in the Mid-atlantic and Virginia. Bunt allows an off-chance for a victory in a Western state. 

Election Results: 

CT - 9 for Federalists

DE - 3 for Federalist

GA - 6 for Republicans

KY - 8 for Republicans

MA - 19 for Federalists

MD - 11 for Republicans

NC - 14 for Republicans

NH -  7 for Federalists

NJ - 8 for Federalists

NY - 19 for Federalists 

OH - 3 for Republicans

PA - 20 for Republicans

RI - 4 for Federalists

SC - 10 for Republicans

TN - 5 for Republicans

VA - 24 for Republicans 

VT - 6 for Federalists

Republicans defeat Federalists 101-75! This election was a lot closer than it seems. Virginia narrowly went Federalist, which would have swung the election. However, the popular vote was clearly in favor of the Republicans (probably would be somewhere about 60%/40%). Nevertheless, Federalists overperformed, giving them some hope for the future. Congratulations to Pres. Aldridge for his reelection victory! Congratulations to Gov. Bigelow, VP-elect! 

Up next: Events and decisions for Aldridge's 2nd term (It might take me a day or two to get around to this part (busy). Meanwhile, you can look at historical events for the years March 1805 to March 1809 to see what events you might get; though, some are likely to change since we've deviated from history somewhat so far.)

32 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

What you can also do is isolate states so that the black states don't appear at all. This can be done through a tool in the lower section.

10 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

What you can also do is isolate states so that the black states don't appear at all. This can be done through a tool in the lower section.

At first I did not find that option, but thanks to you. I know how to do that now.5aeb278735573_Legend-1804(1).thumb.png.ddb66b6bf40644553e9da622a934b4bd.png

The Second Term of Pres. Aldridge (1805-1809):

State of the Union 

National Strength: 3rd-tier country, but on the rise! The US now includes KY, VT, TN, and OH with land cleared for settlement in future IN, and land currently being cleared in future IL, MO, MS, AL. Aldridge purchased the Louisiana Territory from Napoleon, which should make us prosperous as it includes the port city of New Orleans! An expedition is being sent west to estimate the value of the land as far as the eye can see. Aldridge’s small investment will likely only see them get up to future CO, but not over the mountains. 

Military Strength: Weak, a professional army of 5,000 mean and a professional navy of 3 ships. 

Foreign Affairs: The British are still unofficially impressing our sailors into their navy, and tensions have increased now that we have given France, "Most Favored Trading Partner," a title which Britain now must share with France. To the credit of Britain, they have refrained from retaliating against us for now, allowing profitable trade to sail to both shores. We still give tribute to the Barbary Pirates to protect our ships from pirate attacks. Relations with Spain, a decaying empire, are positive. 

Military: The Fries Rebellion ended with the president’s decision to lower taxes. A few militia men guard against potential Indian attacks in the frontier. 

Economy: Low medium, but growing. New England is now moderately industrialized and generating revenue through the tariff system. We are still in debt, and have put a hold on paying back the debt, so that we could purchase Louisiana. Debt payment should resume next term. The outlook is hopeful, as revenue is coming in through tariff and and some remaining taxation. The South is very agrarian, but profitable for the people and now the country as recent inventions allow greater production of cotton. Britain is buying it up in large numbers.  The agrarian sectors are critical of our current economic policies.

Trade: Protective Tariff allows for industrial growth in New England as well as revenue. The South opposes this tariff as it somewhat restricts their profits. About 80% of our international trade is via Britain, 10% is via France, and 10% via the rest of Europe. The Pirates are being paid tribute, so we are free from attacks. 

Budget: Small, but growing. 80% of revenue comes from Tariffs, 10% through tax, 10% through other. About 40% of our budget is going to military upkeep and creation and to protect the boarders and depend against the tax rebels. 20% was going to paying off the national debt, but was used to purchase Louisiana.  20% is going to government upkeep. 20% is now surplus as of this year. Taxes has been reduced but increased industrial production in the north, with the aid of the protective tariff, makes up for the loss of tax money. 

Social Harmony: Tension has been somewhat alleviated with the end of the Fries Rebellion. Slight tension between Northern and Southern economies and world view. Some Northerners are upset about the Fugitive Slave Act as contradicts their Free State status. The Jay Treaty, which is wildly supported in New England, has increased tensions, most prominently in the South and West. The Sedition Acts signed by Lewis have been repealed by Aldridge. 

Immigration: Limited. Mostly Protestant Scots-Irish, Protestant French, and a few Protestant Germans arrive, but they do not yet pose a danger to our more English-descent Protestant Culture. More dangerous to our culture are the French and Spanish people we inherited through the Louisiana Purchase. New Orleans is practically a foreign city in our boarders. Aldridge called for a restrictive immigration act, despite his party’s pro-immigrant stance. While roundly supportive of his policies, Congress refused to pass such a bill, leaving immigration lenient. 

Mood of the people: Mostly positive and proud with mild grumblings in the North and in some of the Midatlantic. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: Republican supporters are enthusiastic that they have finally taken power. Even most Federalists respect Aldridge’s ability to lead and balance his ideas with sound monetary knowledge. 

Party Power: The Senate is now majority Republican. The US House has a Republican majority. Governorships are overwhelmingly Republican, except in New England. 

Events and Decisions for Aldridge's 2nd Term @Reagan04

1) Mr. President, we might have to give the Federalists some credit with the tariff. Although the tariff is hurting the Plantation South and benefiting the Northern industries, it is also benefiting our budget. With each year, the great port cities are increasing our Federal Revenue through the tariff, which makes up 80% (10% tax and the rest other) of our revenue. Currently, our budget is divided this way:  40% military upkeep and Indian affairs, 20% is going to general government upkeep, and 0% is going to paying off our national debt, since we just completed the purchase of Louisiana. We have 40% of our revenue now going to savings, which I am sure you'll want to convert some of it towards the debt. Traditionally, 20% went to paying off the debt. How will you adjust the budget?

2) Fries Rebellion Rebels have not been punished as of yet. Federalist demand harsh punishments. Republicans are divided. Pennsylvania is mostly against punishing them. 

3) Tribute to the Barbary Pirates is still continuing. We have a navy of 3 ships. Do we continue payment? Fortunately, they have not asked for an increase in payment. 

4) Last term, your own party in Congress shut down you desire for immigration restrictions. Will you try again?

5) Mr. President, should we increase funding to Lewis and Clark? They have sent a message stating that they are at some "rocky mountains" and cannot go further without an increase in funding. They said, please decide soon, lest they head back. 

6) Britain has increase impressment, since our navy is no threat to them. They are boarding our ships and taking our sailors for use in their war with France, including capturing and boarding one of our warships, before finally letting it go! Mr. President, what should we say or do to Great Britain?

7) Nearly every Federalist, and half of Republicans have passed a Slave Trade Ban Act, which is on your desk for your signature. Slightly more Plantation owners oppose the Act, but some argue that the Slave Trade Ban will either 1) Make the slaves currently in the country a more lucrative commodity, and 2) the act will be unenforceable anyway, since we don't have a navy. 

8) Supreme Court has just ruled that the Federal Government has greater power than any individual state. Do you have a response to their ruling?

9) Your generals are making progress with Indian Removal of "uncivilized" tribes from some sections of the West and South. Should we push through with the Indian wars and removal of "uncivilized tribes" into future MS, future MI, and future IL?

17 hours ago, vcczar said:

1) Mr. President, we might have to give the Federalists some credit with the tariff. Although the tariff is hurting the Plantation South and benefiting the Northern industries, it is also benefiting our budget. With each year, the great port cities are increasing our Federal Revenue through the tariff, which makes up 80% (10% tax and the rest other) of our revenue. Currently, our budget is divided this way:  40% military upkeep and Indian affairs, 20% is going to general government upkeep, and 0% is going to paying off our national debt, since we just completed the purchase of Louisiana. We have 40% of our revenue now going to savings, which I am sure you'll want to convert some of it towards the debt. Traditionally, 20% went to paying off the debt. How will you adjust the budget?

The tariff at this point, should be maintained at the low level originally agreed upon. I'd ideally like to see it lowered even further once the debt is paid down. However, that is for years to come. That being said, the current budget is sufficient, however 30% of the 40% going to upkeep shall now be going to debt payments, the other to general savings funds. I shall request the Treasury Secretary estimate how long the debt payment would take.

On 5/3/2018 at 10:26 PM, vcczar said:

2) Fries Rebellion Rebels have not been punished as of yet. Federalist demand harsh punishments. Republicans are divided. Pennsylvania is mostly against punishing them. 

There is no need to further divide the nation with punishment, I dissolved the rebellion and that is enough talk of division. Besides, I tend to sympathize with those who campaign for small government, though their means were entirely unacceptable. I will side with my homestate of Pennsylvania on this count and recommend my Attorney General not seek charges.

3) Tribute to the Barbary Pirates is still continuing. We have a navy of 3 ships. Do we continue payment? Fortunately, they have not asked for an increase in payment. 

At this time, I do not wish to attack the Pirates. However, depending on how close to out of debt we are, I would like to begin to mildly increase funding for the Armed Forces. Remain a steady hand at this time however, before we get the data.

4) Last term, your own party in Congress shut down you desire for immigration restrictions. Will you try again?

I will not, as we have much more to worry about getting the budget through congress and my ambitious Indian Programs, I will retire the Immigration argument for now. We need to work on fostering harmony among a nation which has just doubled in size.

5) Mr. President, should we increase funding to Lewis and Clark? They have sent a message stating that they are at some "rocky mountains" and cannot go further without an increase in funding. They said, please decide soon, lest they head back. 

Tell the men to do mild surveys on the mountains, no need to send them any farther, if they find anything of great value their mission may continue, for this extra stay, grant them an extra government stipend from the extra money being generated. 

6) Britain has increase impressment, since our navy is no threat to them. They are boarding our ships and taking our sailors for use in their war with France, including capturing and boarding one of our warships, before finally letting it go! Mr. President, what should we say or do to Great Britain?

This action by Britain is entirely unacceptable! The Aldridge administration would first like to extend an olive branch by fulfilling a promise made when I first ran for election, which is to put France and Britain on equal footing in American shipping practices. We should remain largely neutral in European affairs, whatever benefits our growing nation will be done, including fostering a relationship with Britain. However, if this is not enough to placate them, I will have no choice but to begin attempts at contracting merchant ships or even beginning Naval production. I hope that diplomacy succeeds.

7) Nearly every Federalist, and half of Republicans have passed a Slave Trade Ban Act, which is on your desk for your signature. Slightly more Plantation owners oppose the Act, but some argue that the Slave Trade Ban will either 1) Make the slaves currently in the country a more lucrative commodity, and 2) the act will be unenforceable anyway, since we don't have a navy. 

I will sign this act as a veto would surely be overridden. I make the case to the Planters that this only increases their net worth as slaves become more lucrative. This is a step in the right direction for our economy to avoid devaluation of an important facet of it. Personally I am ambivalent on the slave trade and see it as an economic issue while I vehemently support a state's right to decide to what extent it allows slavery. 

8) Supreme Court has just ruled that the Federal Government has greater power than any individual state. Do you have a response to their ruling?

The Supreme Court is the law of the land. (Which case is this for curiosity's sake?) I would also add that I do believe that our Constitution clearly sets a precedent that should the state governments join together and 3/4 of them agree on certain issues, they have the right to overpower the Federal Government. I would appoint Justices that remember that the rights of the States are sacred ones and the powers of the Federal Government should ever be checked to remember this.

9) Your generals are making progress with Indian Removal of "uncivilized" tribes from some sections of the West and South. Should we push through with the Indian wars and removal of "uncivilized tribes" into future MS, future MI, and future IL?

Yes, I plan to make this a trademark of my administration. States' Rights, Small Government, and Expansion are to be my 3 priorities while in office. I will ask that Secretary Yates continue the "Whatever Means Necessary" policy to remove the Indians off of our land. We must bring culture and civilization to the savage lands. It is through Divine Providence that we spread Christ's Light across the continent and I am honored to be a tool of this Manifest Destiny. The Mississippi, Michigan, and Illinois territories are to the first to be civilized while we look to the rest of the Northwest and Louisiana territories as places of American settlement in the near future.

8 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

The tariff at this point, should be maintained at the low level originally agreed upon. I'd ideally like to see it lowered even further once the debt is paid down. However, that is for years to come. That being said, the current budget is sufficient, however 30% of the 40% going to upkeep shall now be going to debt payments, the other to general savings funds. I shall request the Treasury Secretary estimate how long the debt payment would take.

Just to make it clear, you will keep the Tariff as it currently is? Also, you appear to be eliminating the military/indian affairs budget completely, which you would have to abolish your Indian Removal and any sorts of defenses and upkeep for the navy or professional army. Can you clarify what you mean? Do you mean the savings and not the upkeep? Treasury Secretary says that with the tariff alone, and using 20% of our budget savings on our debt, we can see a payoff of every last cent of debt sometime between 1825-1830. If the tariff and and more of the savings is used, then it will be quicker. 

8 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

This action by Britain is entirely unacceptable! The Aldridge administration would first like to extend an olive branch by fulfilling a promise made when I first ran for election, which is to put France and Britain on equal footing in American shipping practices. We should remain largely neutral in European affairs, whatever benefits our growing nation will be done, including fostering a relationship with Britain. However, if this is not enough to placate them, I will have no choice but to begin attempts at contracting merchant ships or even beginning Naval production. I hope that diplomacy succeeds.

Mr. President. Reports of British impressment  have decreased since your adjustment in Foreign Policy. The British government is thankful, but impressment continues. Additionally, Napoleon has condemned your attempt to build a closer relationship with Britain, claiming he would have sold Louisiana back to the Spanish if he had known that you'd do this. There have been three attacks now on US merchant vessels by the French navy! In one case, the French vessel, was in the midst of harrassing a ship, but it  was driven off by the British, who then continued to harass our ship on their own! 

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

Just to make it clear, you will keep the Tariff as it currently is? Also, you appear to be eliminating the military/indian affairs budget completely, which you would have to abolish your Indian Removal and any sorts of defenses and upkeep for the navy or professional army. Can you clarify what you mean? Do you mean the savings and not the upkeep? Treasury Secretary says that with the tariff alone, and using 20% of our budget savings on our debt, we can see a payoff of every last cent of debt sometime between 1825-1830. If the tariff and and more of the savings is used, then it will be quicker. 

My mistake, I meant savings, not upkeep. As for the 1825-1830 figure, that is acceptable for now.

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

Mr. President. Reports of British impressment  have decreased since your adjustment in Foreign Policy. The British government is thankful, but impressment continues. Additionally, Napoleon has condemned your attempt to build a closer relationship with Britain, claiming he would have sold Louisiana back to the Spanish if he had known that you'd do this. There have been three attacks now on US merchant vessels by the French navy! In one case, the French vessel, was in the midst of harrassing a ship, but it  was driven off by the British, who then continued to harass our ship on their own! 

A strong France and strong Britain should cancel each other out. However, seeing as the wars waged against the two nations are going no where and we are being caught in the crossfire, I will appeal to the Spanish for any possible economic and trade support. America will remain Neutral in European affairs, however this does force our hand. Any left over money that we have now must go to increasing the size of our Navy.

8 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

My mistake, I meant savings, not upkeep. As for the 1825-1830 figure, that is acceptable for now.

A strong France and strong Britain should cancel each other out. However, seeing as the wars waged against the two nations are going no where and we are being caught in the crossfire, I will appeal to the Spanish for any possible economic and trade support. America will remain Neutral in European affairs, however this does force our hand. Any left over money that we have now must go to increasing the size of our Navy.

OOC: Cancel each other out... :P Napoleon historically gets defeated without any American help or hindrance at all (because of most of Continental Europe ended up arrayed against him as well - so it wasn't an even equation of "cancelling out" anyways"). And the British Naval didn't really meaningfully suffer as a result of those wars. I'm just saying...

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

OOC: Cancel each other out... :P Napoleon historically gets defeated without any American help or hindrance at all (because of most of Continental Europe ended up arrayed against him as well - so it wasn't an even equation of "cancelling out" anyways"). And the British Naval didn't really meaningfully suffer as a result of those wars. I'm just saying...

(Keep in mind this is about 1807, so how could the (President of the United States know the outcome of the Napoleonic Wars when they wouldn't wrap up until 1815? I know Britain winds u[ crushing them eventually, but for now France is strong, as is Britain, and so I do not want one to get weaker than the other because then America could suffer more. That is my philosophy as President Aldridge anyway.)

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

Ok, thanks. I'll calculate the results of your second term either tomorrow or the next day. 

State of the Union 1808/1809 (End of Aldridge's 2nd term)

National Strength: 3rd-tier country, but on the rise! The US now includes KY, VT, TN, and OH with land mostly cleared for settlement up to the Mississippi River. An expedition was sent west to estimate the value of the land as far as the eye can see, but government funding only got them as far as the Rockies. What lies beyond the Rockies is unknown. The expedition came back with reports proving that the explored territory, technically under European control, is immensely valuable. 

Military Strength: Weak, a professional army of 5,000 men and a professional navy of 3 ships. Aldridge has allowed some funding, and we should have 3 more warships at the end of this coming term. 

Foreign Affairs: Issues over trade favoritism, as well as conditions with the Napoleonic War have led to both British and French navies harrassing our ships and occasionally impressing our sailors for service in their navies. We still give tribute to the Barbary Pirates to protect our ships from pirate attacks. Relations with Spain have improved, but the country is expected to fall to France. 

Military: A few militia men guard against potential Indian attacks in the frontier. The professional army is being used for Indian Removal

Economy: Medium size, and growing. New England is now moderately industrialized and generating revenue through the tariff system. The outlook is hopeful, as revenue is coming in through tariff and and some remaining taxation. We are still in debt, but debt has resumed, with an expected 1828 payoff date. The South is very agrarian, but profitable for the people and now the country as recent inventions allow greater production of cotton. Britain is buying it up in large numbers. The agrarian sectors are critical of our current economic policies.

Trade: Protective Tariff allows for industrial growth in New England as well as revenue. The South opposes this tariff as it somewhat restricts their profits. About 80% of our international trade is via Britain, 10% is via France, and 10% via the rest of Europe. The Pirates are being paid tribute, so we are free from attacks. 

Budget: Medium-sized and growing, mostly through tariff revenue. 80% of revenue comes from Tariffs, 10% through tax, 10% through other. About 60% of our budget is going to military upkeep and creation and to protect the boarders, and toward the creation of 3 more warships. 20% is going to paying off the national debt.  20% is going to government upkeep. Taxes has been reduced but increased industrial production in the north, with the aid of the protective tariff, makes up for the loss of tax money. 

Social Harmony: Slight tension between Northern and Southern economies and world view. Some Northerners are upset about the Fugitive Slave Act as contradicts their Free State status. The Slave Trade has been banned, which is mostly accepted everywhere except for South Carolina. 

Immigration: Limited. Mostly Protestant Scots-Irish, Protestant French, and a few Protestant Germans arrive, but they do not yet pose a danger to our more English-descent Protestant Culture. More dangerous to our culture are the French and Spanish people we inherited through the Louisiana Purchase. New Orleans is practically a foreign city in our boarders.

Mood of the people: Mostly positive and proud with mild grumblings in the North and in some of the Midatlantic. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: Aldridge has proved to be very popular in the South and West, despite occasionally holding to policies more popular with the Mid-Atlantic and New England, where he is respected as well.  

Party Power: The Senate is majority Republican. The US House has a Republican majority. Governorships are overwhelmingly Republican, except in New England. 

Will Aldridge ( @Reagan04) run for a 3rd term? If not, who will be the Republican nominee? Who will be the Federalist nominee? 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:
State of the Union 1808/1809 (End of Aldridge's 2nd term)

National Strength: 3rd-tier country, but on the rise! The US now includes KY, VT, TN, and OH with land mostly cleared for settlement up to the Mississippi River. An expedition was sent west to estimate the value of the land as far as the eye can see, but government funding only got them as far as the Rockies. What lies beyond the Rockies is unknown. The expedition came back with reports proving that the explored territory, technically under European control, is immensely valuable. 

Military Strength: Weak, a professional army of 5,000 men and a professional navy of 3 ships. Aldridge has allowed some funding, and we should have 3 more warships at the end of this coming term. 

Foreign Affairs: Issues over trade favoritism, as well as conditions with the Napoleonic War have led to both British and French navies harrassing our ships and occasionally impressing our sailors for service in their navies. We still give tribute to the Barbary Pirates to protect our ships from pirate attacks. Relations with Spain have improved, but the country is expected to fall to France. 

Military: A few militia men guard against potential Indian attacks in the frontier. The professional army is being used for Indian Removal

Economy: Medium size, and growing. New England is now moderately industrialized and generating revenue through the tariff system. The outlook is hopeful, as revenue is coming in through tariff and and some remaining taxation. We are still in debt, but debt has resumed, with an expected 1828 payoff date. The South is very agrarian, but profitable for the people and now the country as recent inventions allow greater production of cotton. Britain is buying it up in large numbers. The agrarian sectors are critical of our current economic policies.

Budget: Medium-sized and growing, mostly through tariff revenue. 80% of revenue comes from Tariffs, 10% through tax, 10% through other. About 60% of our budget is going to military upkeep and creation and to protect the boarders, and toward the creation of 3 more warships. 20% is going to paying off the national debt.  20% is going to government upkeep. Taxes has been reduced but increased industrial production in the north, with the aid of the protective tariff, makes up for the loss of tax money. 

Social Harmony: Slight tension between Northern and Southern economies and world view. Some Northerners are upset about the Fugitive Slave Act as contradicts their Free State status. The Slave Trade has been banned, which is mostly accepted everywhere except for South Carolina. 

Immigration: Limited. Mostly Protestant Scots-Irish, Protestant French, and a few Protestant Germans arrive, but they do not yet pose a danger to our more English-descent Protestant Culture. More dangerous to our culture are the French and Spanish people we inherited through the Louisiana Purchase. New Orleans is practically a foreign city in our boarders.

Popularity of the Incumbent: Aldridge has proved to be very popular in the South and West, despite occasionally holding to policies more popular with the Mid-Atlantic and New England, where he is respected as well.  

Party Power: The Senate is majority Republican. The US House has a Republican majority. Governorships are overwhelmingly Republican, except in New England. 

Will Aldridge ( @Reagan04) run for a 3rd term? If not, who will be the Republican nominee? Who will be the Federalist nominee? 

President Aldridge announces he will seek a third term with Vice-President Bigelow. The young and popular President (45 in 1807) reaffirms his commitment to States' Rights, Small Government, and Expansion that has so enriched the nation farther. He goes on further to say that this term will see a great expansion in American Liberty and Power as Foreign Policy shifts closer to the forefront of the nation's mind.

6 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

President Aldridge announces he will seek a third term with Vice-President Bigelow. The young and popular President (45 in 1807) reaffirms his commitment to States' Rights, Small Government, and Expansion that has so enriched the nation farther. He goes on further to say that this term will see a great expansion in American Liberty and Power as Foreign Policy shifts closer to the forefront of the nation's mind.

Thanks. We now need a Federalist challenger to try and take on Aldridge's 3rd term bid. Please look at the State of the Union I recently posted to build a platform  that might appeal to voters.