Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

New Historical President RP

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Kingthero is doing a good job. Just wanted to say that. Other than that, I hope @Reagan04 creates a transgendered character at some point.

Tsk Tsk

Don't you know that isn't politically correct anymore? The "ed" is offensive.

And I most likely won't, I wanted diversity in race and gender but being a man of faith I probably won't venture into that category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Tsk Tsk

Don't you know that isn't politically correct anymore? The "ed" is offensive.

And I most likely won't, I wanted diversity in race and gender but being a man of faith I probably won't venture into that category.

What does that have to do with faith? There are LGBT priests, pastors, and reverends that are easily more Christ-like than Ted Cruz  or Joel Olsteen and other similar Christians that use their faith as a crutch for their political or financial ambitions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

What does that have to do with faith? There are LGBT priests, pastors, and reverends that are easily more Christ-like than Ted Cruz  or Joel Olsteen and other similar Christians that use their faith as a crutch for their political or financial ambitions. 

Well, I'd argue that the lion's share of LGBT priests we've seen are not more Christ-like than those mentioned. We should remember that we can't put ourselves above God and that's the fact of it. I'm not trying to get into a large argument with you and derail this thread, I'm just letting you know I'd be uncomfortable with a trans character because it would violate my personal beliefs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Well while they are still in Los Angeles, let's set up a conference for a Trade and Defense type treaty between the two of us. I wonder, what does Congress and that American People think about that?

Former President Talbot states that this would perfectly underline what I have fought for during my terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Midterms

 

 

National Strength: We rank 3rd in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, Germany, United States, Great Britain, France, Mexico, Austria, Sweden, Spain, China.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 30,000 men and 50 ships, with a reserve army of 120,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: China is going crazy.

Military: Our military is semi-active. Some of our military is in Pacific Bases, while others are static. Reserves have been re-integrated.

Economy: The economy still grows exponentially.

Trade: We trade 24% with non-European powers, 17% with Britain, 15% with Germany, 21% with France, and 23% with other non-radical European powers. Trade has stagnated.

Budget: Our budget is currently balanced, with 0% of our spending going to paying off our debt, aimed to be paid off by never. Our budget consists of the income of 36% taxes 43% tariff 8% overseas territories/canals and 11% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 60% military 10% gov. upkeep 30% infrastructure and 0% debt repayment.

Social Harmony: The country is still very united.

Immigration: Immigration continues to surge immensely.

Mood of the people: People are ecstatic; a growing economy, paired with a surge of unity or immigration, has led to fast-paced growth.

Party Power: Senate is Liberal, while House has a Liberal plurality.

Popularity of the Incumbent: The president is average, ending midterms with a 56% approval rating and 26% disapproval rating.

 

-------------

Congress

Liberal 53/104 Senate 46% US Rep

Conservatives 51/104 Senate 43% US Rep

Socialists 0/104 Senate 11% US Rep

 

@Reagan04 State of Affairs

 

1. China invades British India, pushes the British all the way back towards near-modern-day Pakistan. The subcontinent of India fell very fast.

2. Budget is balanced right now, and will soon return to a surplus. For the first time, we aren't using debt to pay off our post-war expenses.

3. We still can handle the Infra bill without cutting costs due to our astounding economy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liberal leaders call on clarification from the President on a stance on British India. We say that we should back the British only if at the conclusion of the war an eventual independence (within 20 years) of the Indian subcontinent is assured. A vital American ally could be created here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Liberal leaders call on clarification from the President on a stance on British India. We say that we should back the British only if at the conclusion of the war an eventual independence (within 20 years) of the Indian subcontinent is assured. A vital American ally could be created here.

The Socialist Labor Party backs this call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NYConservative said:

Apologies for interrupting, I was wondering if you were still taking people to help out with this?

Thank you.

We always enjoy new members! If you want to craft a party, we lack a harder right-leaning. We have center-left Liberals, farther left Socialists, and somewhat center-right Conservatives. It's up to you, otherwise you can join a Conservative, Liberal, or Socialist and compete in primaries and hopefully the presidency! I'd read back a few pages to get caught up on what's been going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

We always enjoy new members! If you want to craft a party, we lack a harder right-leaning. We have center-left Liberals, farther left Socialists, and somewhat center-right Conservatives. It's up to you, otherwise you can join a Conservative, Liberal, or Socialist and compete in primaries and hopefully the presidency! I'd read back a few pages to get caught up on what's been going on.

Alright, thanks, I will just craft more right-winged conservative style party, and I'll read back a few pages before starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

We always enjoy new members! If you want to craft a party, we lack a harder right-leaning. We have center-left Liberals, farther left Socialists, and somewhat center-right Conservatives. It's up to you, otherwise you can join a Conservative, Liberal, or Socialist and compete in primaries and hopefully the presidency! I'd read back a few pages to get caught up on what's been going on.

We are also missing the opposite to the Libertarian-Liberal played by Sami a few elections ago which would a socially conservative but economically interventionist character/party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MBDemSoc said:

We are also missing the opposite to the Libertarian-Liberal played by Sami a few elections ago which would a socially conservative but economically interventionist character/party.

The ideology that is known as paternalistic conservatism or Christian democracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

We always enjoy new members! If you want to craft a party, we lack a harder right-leaning. We have center-left Liberals, farther left Socialists, and somewhat center-right Conservatives. It's up to you, otherwise you can join a Conservative, Liberal, or Socialist and compete in primaries and hopefully the presidency! I'd read back a few pages to get caught up on what's been going on.

OOC: Final choice for me, I will be part of a Conservative party rather than create my own, now I will just hop right in after having already read the recent "things" going on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYConservative said:

OOC: Final choice for me, I will be part of a Conservative party rather than create my own, now I will just hop right in after having already read the recent "things" going on.

 

Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kingthero said:

1. China invades British India, pushes the British all the way back towards near-modern-day Pakistan. The subcontinent of India fell very fast.

2. Budget is balanced right now, and will soon return to a surplus. For the first time, we aren't using debt to pay off our post-war expenses.

3. We still can handle the Infra bill without cutting costs due to our astounding economy.

1. Before taking any action, we'd like to know the Gallup poll on how Americans feel. I am not taking any action unless I know that the people of the United States are ok with military action this soon after the last war in Asia. However, we do propose the Lend-Lease British Amendment Act of 1939 which would open the same favorable conditions and protections to the British. Furthermore, we condemn and denounce the Chinese and officially declare our sympathies with France and Britain. I'd like to know who else may be in China's crosshairs so that we may proactively sign them on to the LLA.

2. Very good, nothing to do here. We are happy to not be in a deficit and we look forward to paying off the debt.

3. Push it through as the National Infrastructure Modernization Act (NIMA) of 1939 and expect a grand majority for this plan. As stated before, Mrs. Reur is invited by President Hillsbury and Vice President Trebuano to the bill signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Reagan04 Both bills pass. News has just reached that China has just re-annexed Korea.

 

The People are hesitant about another costly war in Asia, but would support it if we were attacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingthero said:

@Reagan04 Both bills pass. News has just reached that China has just re-annexed Korea.

 

The People are hesitant about another costly war in Asia, but would support it if we were attacked.

(Remind me: was Korea independent?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kingthero said:

@Reagan04 Both bills pass. News has just reached that China has just re-annexed Korea.

 

The People are hesitant about another costly war in Asia, but would support it if we were attacked.

Liberals are hesitant to back a war the people dislike. We would only support it if we or our Japanese allies were to be attacked. We back plans though for an independent India.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

Liberals are hesitant to back a war the people dislike. We would only support it if we or our Japanese allies were to be attacked. We back plans though for an independent India.

We agree with Liberal hesitance but we also make the point: how can we back an independent India when it has fallen to the clutches of Fascist China? 

Our best move as of now, @Kingthero, would be to conduct espionage with against the Chinese to learn of their next moves and possible targets. We cannot be caught blind. Rally the men and set the military's guard to defensive and aware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
State of the Union for Election of 1940
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: We rank 3rd in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, Germany, United States, Great Britain, France, Mexico, China, Austria, Sweden, Spain.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 30,000 men and 50 ships, with a reserve army of 120,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: China is going crazy.

Military: Our military is semi-active. Some of our military is in Pacific Bases, while others are static. Reserves have been re-integrated.

Economy: The economy still grows exponentially.

Trade: We trade 24% with non-European powers, 17% with Britain, 15% with Germany, 21% with France, and 23% with other non-radical European powers. Trade has stagnated.

Budget: Our budget is currently balanced, with 0% of our spending going to paying off our debt, aimed to be paid off by never. Our budget consists of the income of 36% taxes 43% tariff 8% overseas territories/canals and 11% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 60% military 10% gov. upkeep 30% infrastructure and 0% debt repayment.

Social Harmony: The country is still very united.

Immigration: Immigration continues to surge immensely.

Mood of the people: People are ecstatic; a growing economy, paired with a surge of unity or immigration, has led to fast-paced growth.

Party Power: Senate is Liberal, while House has a Liberal plurality.

Popularity of the Incumbent: The president is average, ending midterms with a 58% approval rating and 30% disapproval rating.

____________________________________________

Name and office:

Age:

Party:

Resident state: 

VP nominee: 

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate:

Platform (see State of the Union):

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kingthero said:
State of the Union for Election of 1940
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: We rank 3rd in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, Germany, United States, Great Britain, France, Mexico, China, Austria, Sweden, Spain.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 30,000 men and 50 ships, with a reserve army of 120,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: China is going crazy.

Military: Our military is semi-active. Some of our military is in Pacific Bases, while others are static. Reserves have been re-integrated.

Economy: The economy still grows exponentially.

Trade: We trade 24% with non-European powers, 17% with Britain, 15% with Germany, 21% with France, and 23% with other non-radical European powers. Trade has stagnated.

Budget: Our budget is currently balanced, with 0% of our spending going to paying off our debt, aimed to be paid off by never. Our budget consists of the income of 36% taxes 43% tariff 8% overseas territories/canals and 11% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 60% military 10% gov. upkeep 30% infrastructure and 0% debt repayment.

Social Harmony: The country is still very united.

Immigration: Immigration continues to surge immensely.

Mood of the people: People are ecstatic; a growing economy, paired with a surge of unity or immigration, has led to fast-paced growth.

Party Power: Senate is Liberal, while House has a Liberal plurality.

Popularity of the Incumbent: The president is average, ending midterms with a 58% approval rating and 30% disapproval rating.

____________________________________________

Name and office:

Age:

Party:

Resident state: 

VP nominee: 

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate:

Platform (see State of the Union):

Name and office: Hudson Wallace, Agriculture Businessman (Essentially Henry A. Wallace).

 Race and gender, if other than white male: White Male.

Party: Socialist Labor Party (Originally a member of the moderate wing of the Conservative Party but defected to the Progressive Wing of the Liberal Party, he later defected to the Socialist Labor Party).

Resident state: Iowa.

Platform (see State of the Union): 

National Strength: Aim to move up one or two ranks in the top 10 country rankings.

Military Strength: Maintain the military and navy at the troop and ship levels they are currently at if the budget allows for it. Maintain naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia and Japan if those territories consent to them being maintained, withdraw from them if consent is not given. 

Foreign Affairs: Enact a policy of strict neutrality only engage in warfare if we are attacked or for humanitarian reasons (Or in exceptional circumstances). The Socialist Labor Party pledges to support democracy, self-determination, free trade, and principles of non-aggression in American post-war foreign policy. Continue to support the League of Nations' development. Place harsh sanctions on China for invading India and Korea.

Military: Have the military and navy perform training exercises to be prepared for any other possible attacks or potential humanitarian intervention.

Economy: Close all corporate tax loopholes. Raise the estate tax, if there isn't one create one. Raise taxes on the top earners, the income tax rate for those earning $100,000 will be above 50%. Institute a graduated corporate tax system. Implement a tax on intercorporate dividends. Institute an excess profits tax. Institute a withholding tax. Create many new national parks and other environmental conservation areas. Institute an undistributed profits tax. Create an Environmental Protection Agency and create strict environmental protection legislation.

Trade: Create free trade deals with nations if they agree to strict protections for workers and the natural resources of the nations involved 

Budget: A deficit is fine. Focus on how the government can make people's lives better.

Social Harmony: No comment.

Immigration: All immigrants are welcome as long as they have not committed serious crimes, repeal the Immigration Values and Assimilation Act of 1914. 

Mood of the people: No Comment. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: No comment.   

 

Party Power: Campaign vigorously against both the Liberal and Conservative Parties in both the Presidential Race and Congressional Races.

Extra: Repeal the ban on pornography that contains subjects which can consent.  

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate: The Socialist Labour Party's economic policies.

VP nominee: Maddox Krueger (IL).

 

The focuses of this platform are taxation and environmental protection.

The party still advocates for the policies mentioned in previous platforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kingthero said:
State of the Union for Election of 1940
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: We rank 3rd in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, Germany, United States, Great Britain, France, Mexico, China, Austria, Sweden, Spain.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 30,000 men and 50 ships, with a reserve army of 120,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: China is going crazy.

Military: Our military is semi-active. Some of our military is in Pacific Bases, while others are static. Reserves have been re-integrated.

Economy: The economy still grows exponentially.

Trade: We trade 24% with non-European powers, 17% with Britain, 15% with Germany, 21% with France, and 23% with other non-radical European powers. Trade has stagnated.

Budget: Our budget is currently balanced, with 0% of our spending going to paying off our debt, aimed to be paid off by never. Our budget consists of the income of 36% taxes 43% tariff 8% overseas territories/canals and 11% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 60% military 10% gov. upkeep 30% infrastructure and 0% debt repayment.

Social Harmony: The country is still very united.

Immigration: Immigration continues to surge immensely.

Mood of the people: People are ecstatic; a growing economy, paired with a surge of unity or immigration, has led to fast-paced growth.

Party Power: Senate is Liberal, while House has a Liberal plurality.

Popularity of the Incumbent: The president is average, ending midterms with a 58% approval rating and 30% disapproval rating.

____________________________________________

Name and office:

Age:

Party:

Resident state: 

VP nominee: 

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate:

Platform (see State of the Union):

Name and office: Harry Grant owner of Militant a far-left newspaper

Age: 42

Party: Socialist Labor

Resident state: Minnesota

VP nominee: Ted Hardinge

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate:  Anarcho-Socialism as a viable alternative to capitalism.

Platform:

National Strength: This list is nothing more than an attempt by capitalists to pit the peoples of the world against each other.

Military Strength: The military is a tool of the bourgeoisie, it must be abolished.

Foreign Affairs: Support anti-colonial rebels around the world. Pursue a doctrine of pacifism, war is a fundamental evil against mankind.

Military: Remove all US foreign bases immediately, this is horrendous imperialism! 

Economy: The means of production should be nationalized, temporarily and devolved directly to the workers.   

Trade: Free trade enriches capitalists at the detriment of workers, it has to be stopped.

Budget: Capitalism needs a state to survive, begin a process of devolution to local communities. Repudiate the debt as it is capitalist exploitation.

Social Harmony: No comment

Immigration: Borders are an artificial construct of a capitalistic state, abolish quotas and vetting. Immigration is a natural outgrowth of imperialism and the forced uneven economic development of nations. "Free trade" agreements have eliminated national borders to enrich the capitalists, while the capitalists have erected borders against humans displaced by the effects of global capitalism.

Mood of the people:  The capitalist propaganda machine has manipulated, and deceived people into believing that the current state of affairs is actually beneficial to them, instead of the reality of the situation being one of capitalist exploitation of the proletariat. 

Party Power: Campaign for fellow Anarcho-Socialists even if I do not win the nomination.

Popularity of the Incumbent: No comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...