270soft Forum
vcczar

New Historical President RP

12 hours ago, Patine said:

OOC: Or Georgetown, the riverport that was there for quite a few years already, and, contrary to the beliefs of some Americans today, was not named after GEORGE Washington...

Indeed, I believe it was named after American Planter George Gordon in the 1740s or so. Washington was only 8 at the time of course.

56 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Indeed, I believe it was named after American Planter George Gordon in the 1740s or so. Washington was only 8 at the time of course.

I just assumed it was named after King George like a lot of places are named after English things.

@WVProgressive @Reagan04 @Sami @Kingthero @vcczar @Rodja @Conservative Elector 2 @LokiLoki22 @Lyly @TheMiddlePolitical

@Illinois Moderate

OOC: I had some time and motivation left and therefore I created wikistyle infoboxes for our officeholders. 

jb.png.abb9163d1e070fb0c65e896c142d426f.pngsl.png.88727a80edf654b17d6cea56c0931518.pngjwh.png.f83aae5cb0eea4b56c59c743f115384e.png

14 minutes ago, vcczar said:

OCC: @Conservative Elector 2 Great job! When we finish this, we can flesh in the details, such as place of birth, etc. Thank you for doing this. 

You are welcome! Yeah that would be awesome, we have time to do this later.

1800 Election

This election is under the old rules in which each elector gets two votes: one for president and one for VP

Candidates: 

• Incumbent Pres. Samuel Lewis, Jr (Fed) of NY ( @Sami ) has been unsuccessful in his push for modernizations; although, he's inspired private efforts. He has created our first professional army and navy, and he has secured peace and trade with France. Currently, the Fries Rebellion has consumed much of his term, holding his ambitious goals somewhat hostage, as the rebellion consumed much of the budget. The economy is on the upswing, so Lewis could secure reelection for this reason. Lewis is likely to carry New England and his state of NY. He is likely to lose the South and West. NJ, PA, MD, DE are tossups.  Former Pres. Jefferson Bunt and his son endorse Lewis, which should help him. 
  • Gen. George Winston (FED) of NY( @Illinois Moderate) . Is a career military man. His platform is to promise to carry on what Lewis has not yet been able to fulfill. Yet, he claims he will lower taxes, take a more hawkish role in foreign policy, and increase technological discovery. Some wonder if lowering taxes will restrain his ability to fulfill his goals. Some favor his hawkish nature. Winston has a chance in NY and the mid-atlantic. 
  • Gov. Herman Jefferson Bigelow (REP) of VA ( @Conservative Elector 2) is the influential governor of Virginia and a vocal critic of the Lewis administration. Bigelow promotes the idea of a referendum. Bigelow wants to continue to grow the army and navy, but wants to do so without taxes. In fact, he wants to lower taxes. Some view this as impractical. Bigelow is also unique in his desire for an alliance with Spain. He opposes the Jay Treaty and seems to want to build relationships without picking favorites, outside of the alliance with Spain. He is a vocal expansionist. Bigelow is likely to carry Virginia, possibly the West and Deeper South as well. 
  • Mr. Lee Yates (Rep) of TN ( @Kingthero) is a fur-trapper. His platform is vague, but he promotes realistic and fair solutions. Strangely, this vagueness has shown some appeal. He lacks name recognition, but he could carry the West. 
  • Sen. William M. Aldridge (Rep) of PA ( @Reagan04) is a powerful senator in PA. He has chosen to be a moderate on many of the issues. He opposes nullificaton, but promotes states rights; he wants to lower taxes, but maintain the tariff; he does not support increasing the military until the debt is paid off; he does not want an alliance or favoritism to Britain or France, favoring whatever suits America first; he is an expansionist. Aldridge is likely to take PA, but could win the Mid-Atlantic and some other states. 

What is worrisome is that the Fries Rebellion, which has tied up the administration, was mostly ignored. Some worry that none of the candidates have a plan on how to deal with it. This could have been an opportunity for the challengers, but they avoided it. 

Results:

Dice are rolled to determine:

• Connecticut: Lewis 9; Winston 9
  • Delaware: Lewis 3; Aldridge 3
  • Georgia: Bigelow 4; Aldridge 4
  • Kentucky: Bigelow 4; Yates 4
  • Maryland: Lewis 10; Aldridge 10
  • Massachusetts: Lewis 16; Winston 16
  • New Hampshire: Lewis 6; Winston 6
  • New Jersey: Lewis 7; Winston 7
  • New York: Lewis 12; Winston 12
  • North Carolina: Bigelow 12; Aldridge 12
  • Pennsylvania: Aldridge 15; Bigelow 15
  • Rhode Island: Lewis 4; Winston 4
  • South Carolina: Bigelow 8; Aldridge 8
  • Tennessee: Yates 3; Bigelow 3
  • Vermont: Lewis 4; Winston 4
  • Virginia: Bigelow 21; Aldridge 21

Sen. Aldridge (R-PA) 73 EVs *Aldridge is elected President of the United States*

Pres. Lewis (F-NY) 71 EVs *Lewis is elected Vice President of the United States*

Gov. Bigelow (R-VA) 67 EVs

Gen. Winston (F-NY) 58 EVs

Mr. Yates (R-TN), 7 EVs

Up next: Events/Decisions for Aldridge's first term, unless Pres. Lewis wishes to contest a peaceful transfer of power.

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

1800 Election

This election is under the old rules in which each elector gets two votes: one for president and one for VP

Candidates: 

• Incumbent Pres. Samuel Lewis, Jr (Fed) of NY ( @Sami ) has been unsuccessful in his push for modernizations; although, he's inspired private efforts. He has created our first professional army and navy, and he has secured peace and trade with France. Currently, the Fries Rebellion has consumed much of his term, holding his ambitious goals somewhat hostage, as the rebellion consumed much of the budget. The economy is on the upswing, so Lewis could secure reelection for this reason. Lewis is likely to carry New England and his state of NY. He is likely to lose the South and West. NJ, PA, MD, DE are tossups.  Former Pres. Jefferson Bunt and his son endorse Lewis, which should help him. 
  • Gen. George Winston (FED) of NY( @Illinois Moderate) . Is a career military man. His platform is to promise to carry on what Lewis has not yet been able to fulfill. Yet, he claims he will lower taxes, take a more hawkish role in foreign policy, and increase technological discovery. Some wonder if lowering taxes will restrain his ability to fulfill his goals. Some favor his hawkish nature. Winston has a chance in NY and the mid-atlantic. 
  • Gov. Herman Jefferson Bigelow (REP) of VA ( @Conservative Elector 2) is the influential governor of Virginia and a vocal critic of the Lewis administration. Bigelow promotes the idea of a referendum. Bigelow wants to continue to grow the army and navy, but wants to do so without taxes. In fact, he wants to lower taxes. Some view this as impractical. Bigelow is also unique in his desire for an alliance with Spain. He opposes the Jay Treaty and seems to want to build relationships without picking favorites, outside of the alliance with Spain. He is a vocal expansionist. Bigelow is likely to carry Virginia, possibly the West and Deeper South as well. 
  • Mr. Lee Yates (Rep) of TN ( @Kingthero) is a fur-trapper. His platform is vague, but he promotes realistic and fair solutions. Strangely, this vagueness has shown some appeal. He lacks name recognition, but he could carry the West. 
  • Sen. William M. Aldridge (Rep) of PA ( @Reagan04) is a powerful senator in PA. He has chosen to be a moderate on many of the issues. He opposes nullificaton, but promotes states rights; he wants to lower taxes, but maintain the tariff; he does not support increasing the military until the debt is paid off; he does not want an alliance or favoritism to Britain or France, favoring whatever suits America first; he is an expansionist. Aldridge is likely to take PA, but could win the Mid-Atlantic and some other states. 

What is worrisome is that the Fries Rebellion, which has tied up the administration, was mostly ignored. Some worry that none of the candidates have a plan on how to deal with it. This could have been an opportunity for the challengers, but they avoided it. 

Results:

Dice are rolled to determine:

• Connecticut: Lewis 9; Winston 9
  • Delaware: Lewis 3; Aldridge 3
  • Georgia: Bigelow 4; Aldridge 4
  • Kentucky: Bigelow 4; Yates 4
  • Maryland: Lewis 10; Aldridge 10
  • Massachusetts: Lewis 16; Winston 16
  • New Hampshire: Lewis 6; Winston 6
  • New Jersey: Lewis 7; Winston 7
  • New York: Lewis 12; Winston 12
  • North Carolina: Bigelow 12; Aldridge 12
  • Pennsylvania: Aldridge 15; Bigelow 15
  • Rhode Island: Lewis 4; Winston 4
  • South Carolina: Bigelow 8; Aldridge 8
  • Tennessee: Yates 3; Bigelow 3
  • Vermont: Lewis 4; Winston 4
  • Virginia: Bigelow 21; Aldridge 21

Sen. Aldridge (R-PA) 73 EVs *Aldridge is elected President of the United States*

Pres. Lewis (F-NY) 71 EVs *Lewis is elected Vice President of the United States*

Gov. Bigelow (R-VA) 67 EVs

Gen. Winston (F-NY) 58 EVs

Mr. Yates (R-TN), 7 EVs

Up next: Events/Decisions for Aldridge's first term, unless Pres. Lewis wishes to contest a peaceful transfer of power.

(OOC: Once again I would not have changed my choices but you confirmed to me that the fries rebellion lasts, or, if you had maked clear to me that it was either the modernization either keep a peacefull rebellion I would have choosed the repression of course :)

It has forced my hands in some ways, as I told to you you're a great RP master but the speeches of my characters were clear, no taxs evolution against the end of the Fries rebellion not freeze the taxs for keeping the rebellion

And so if I could have knew that I was forced to uses violence obligatory to stop rebelliont my character would have sent the army for making free the 40% of budget expense and make pass the bill. 

In fact, if the choices of my characters did not change, their evolution would have changed according to the conclusions you gave and that disturbs me)

Gov. Bigelow wishes his close friend Sen. Aldridge @Reagan04 all the best for his Presidency. "America is on it's way to become the world's leading nation and with the election of William Aldridge we will get closer to achieve our goals. I honestly believe that the best times for America are still ahead of us and it is time for the country to unite behind the Aldridge/Lewis administration for the next four years. During the last twelve years of federal service President Lewis @Sami - although we often disagreed about how to lead this country - has shown that he has America's interests always at heart and I wish him well for the upcoming tasks. Thank you for the support during the last election, it was an honor to run as your Republican candidate and God bless you and our leaders and God bless America!"

@Sami

(OCC: There's a lot of information, and I can't clutter the RP with all of it. As president, you have to ask for information that you think is important. Overall, most of the presidents are going to face the same complex and seemingly unsolvable issues as your character faced. I don't expect Pres. Aldridge to have a much easier time. For the RP, I think your character is transformative because, unlike Pres. Bunt, you asserted yourself in a new way (not following Adams's behavior). So this prolonged Fries Rebellion is new. With a new country, and chaos in Europe, there becomes a fear of chaos at home. America is new, will it last with a precedent of negotiating with the rebels without some military suppression? The people now learn that they can quasi-violently protest to compel the government to alter itself. Pres. Lewis (Now VP Lewis again) can attempt to run again in 1804. One thing that Lewis can do is try to aid the president in solving the issue, and maybe that will give you more capital in 1804, if you want to run as Lewis again. The election was a surprise. I expected you to win, but the dice rolled against you in PA (ironically, where the rebellion is). Aldridge is from PA, which diminished your chances of picking up that state; although, you were a favorite to get at least one vote.)

10 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Sami

(OCC: There's a lot of information, and I can't clutter the RP with all of it. As president, you have to ask for information that you think is important. Overall, most of the presidents are going to face the same complex and seemingly unsolvable issues as your character faced. I don't expect Pres. Aldridge to have a much easier time. For the RP, I think your character is transformative because, unlike Pres. Bunt, you asserted yourself in a new way (not following Adams's behavior). So this prolonged Fries Rebellion is new. With a new country, and chaos in Europe, there becomes a fear of chaos at home. America is new, will it last with a precedent of negotiating with the rebels without some military suppression? The people now learn that they can quasi-violently protest to compel the government to alter itself. Pres. Lewis (Now VP Lewis again) can attempt to run again in 1804. One thing that Lewis can do is try to aid the president in solving the issue, and maybe that will give you more capital in 1804, if you want to run as Lewis again. The election was a surprise. I expected you to win, but the dice rolled against you in PA (ironically, where the rebellion is). Aldridge is from PA, which diminished your chances of picking up that state; although, you were a favorite to get at least one vote.)

(The problem is...that the top priority for my character was this modernization above all, he answered to opponents in his party by telling that ending the rebellion would allow to freeze taxs and have enough money to invest in navy army and industry

And then, according to the RP resolution he past years, seeing the rebellion would continue, and openly lied to the American people in the RP because he did not put his priority first and accepted to pay every year a 40% in the budget to calm down a rebellion he publicly said the end would allow to not raise taxs, this is the problem for me ^^

If my choices wouldn't have changed, the resolution is completely different, even if it would have been harder for my character by choosing the violent way, he would not be a liar, here he is, and I would not have decided that...

I do not know if I could continue to play him according to that as people could tell him he lied and indeed he has, but I would not have decided it...)

28 minutes ago, Sami said:

(The problem is...that the top priority for my character was this modernization above all, he answered to opponents in his party by telling that ending the rebellion would allow to freeze taxs and have enough money to invest in navy army and industry

And then, according to the RP resolution he past years, seeing the rebellion would continue, and openly lied to the American people in the RP because he did not put his priority first and accepted to pay every year a 40% in the budget to calm down a rebellion he publicly said the end would allow to not raise taxs, this is the problem for me ^^

If my choices wouldn't have changed, the resolution is completely different, even if it would have been harder for my character by choosing the violent way, he would not be a liar, here he is, and I would not have decided that...

I do not know if I could continue to play him according to that as people could tell him he lied and indeed he has, but I would not have decided it...)

Being President isn't easy. You are faced with impossible decisions that make you vastly unpopular and make you go back on your word. 

Did you focus enough on the rebellion? Perhaps not, and that's why you lost in the end. It wasn't time for modernization, and some will argue that no military action sets precedent for mass rebellion for policy change. 

General Winston urges President Lewis to challenge the election, saying " The only reason that the rightful president is not returning to power is because 3 electors decided, despite him being the better choice for president, they would prefer Senator Aldridge for Vice President. I believe that this should be taken into account and make Aldridge the Vice President instead of the good President that would carry on the ideals of the Federalist Party that the majority of the people are calling for! I would certainly support the actions True President Lewis would call for!"

13 minutes ago, Illinois Moderate said:

General Winston urges President Lewis to challenge the election, saying " The only reason that the rightful president is not returning to power is because 3 electors decided, despite him being the better choice for president, they would prefer Senator Aldridge for Vice President. I believe that this should be taken into account and make Aldridge the Vice President instead of the good President that would carry on the ideals of the Federalist Party that the majority of the people are calling for! I would certainly support the actions True President Lewis would call for!"

I'll wait for @Sami to respond to this before I post issues/decisions

Governor Bigelow states on behalf of the Demorcratic-Republican Party: "Federalist efforts to tear this country apart should be rejected at all costs. We had an election and the delegates have spoken. Our President is William M. Aldridge and I stand by his side and I am calling on all righteous Americans to support the Aldridge/Lewis administration. No one from the Democratic-Republican Party was challenging the honorable Presidents Bunt and Lewis and therefore I strongly believe that Federalists should not try to push their favourite candidate into the highest office although the honorable Delegates have spoken the other way round. In the year of our Lord 1804 there will be another election and Federalists can try to convince people again to be fit for serving as President. Now let us focus on putting America first and try to solve all the problems which are in front of us. Thank you and God bless you all!"

54 minutes ago, Illinois Moderate said:

Fmr. President Bunt on Gen. Winston's statement

Bunt: While I don't favor the results either the best we can do is run a better campaign next election. Besides Lewis is still on the inside and can influence the new president. Furthermore I fear your willingness to disrespect our democracy will lead to the destruction of this party.

16 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Fmr. President Bunt on Gen. Winston's statement

Bunt: While I don't favor the results either the best we can do is run a better campaign next election. Besides Lewis is still on the inside and can influence the new president. Furthermore I fear your willingness to disrespect our democracy will lead to the destruction of this party.

Gov. Bigelow agrees with President Bunt. 

5 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

Being President isn't easy. You are faced with impossible decisions that make you vastly unpopular and make you go back on your word. 

Did you focus enough on the rebellion? Perhaps not, and that's why you lost in the end. It wasn't time for modernization, and some will argue that no military action sets precedent for mass rebellion for policy change. 

(It's not a question of being President, I led RP governments in many RPGs games like Renatives Kingdoms the Holy Roman Empire in 1466 or others current RPG

And in one of them, RK, after the election of my character I led the game of 8000 people, real players behind, and 60 brigands were living in Genoa, well, with the marshal of my character's government we made them leave the peninsula against the opinion of local politicians and it worked, we impeached war even if on the short political moment it was bad for us because everybody was saying it would create a war ^^

So no, it's not a question about how leading a game, it's a question about how your character can have the liberty to react to things which happen, there the RP master decided that my character did not finished to choose between the rebellion and the modernization while it's false, my character tried to find a pathway presicely because if the rebels would continue, nobody could say he did not try to negotiate before using the force

We're maybe in the beginning of the 19th but we're not in the Middle Age, it's normal that politicians try to calm down before to be forced to use force, by refusing to let me choose the priority, some decided and against my own liberty on my character to make him a liar, I can not accept it, even if I said, even if it would not have been better for him, it's about liberty of choosing what you're doing of your character

And I really feel myself uncomfortable with that, my character is hence no longer my character as he made things I would not have accepted... @vcczar I truly love your hard work in this RP but my liberty of deciding what my character would have done hasn't be respected. I can not play as if he truly did not put the infrastructure bill first)

53 minutes ago, Sami said:

(It's not a question of being President, I led RP governments in many RPGs games like Renatives Kingdoms the Holy Roman Empire in 1466 or others current RPG

And in one of them, RK, after the election of my character I led the game of 8000 people, real players behind, and 60 brigands were living in Genoa, well, with the marshal of my character's government we made them leave the peninsula against the opinion of local politicians and it worked, we impeached war even if on the short political moment it was bad for us because everybody was saying it would create a war ^^

So no, it's not a question about how leading a game, it's a question about how your character can have the liberty to react to things which happen, there the RP master decided that my character did not finished to choose between the rebellion and the modernization while it's false, my character tried to find a pathway presicely because if the rebels would continue, nobody could say he did not try to negotiate before using the force

We're maybe in the beginning of the 19th but we're not in the Middle Age, it's normal that politicians try to calm down before to be forced to use force, by refusing to let me choose the priority, some decided and against my own liberty on my character to make him a liar, I can not accept it, even if I said, even if it would not have been better for him, it's about liberty of choosing what you're doing of your character

And I really feel myself uncomfortable with that, my character is hence no longer my character as he made things I would not have accepted... @vcczar I truly love your hard work in this RP but my liberty of deciding what my character would have done hasn't be respected. I can not play as if he truly did not put the infrastructure bill first)

(OCC: The infrastructure bill didn't go through congress until that time. I structure things in a chronological order. Some of the mistakes might be because of translation. Your English, while very good, and much better than my vain attempts at French, is sometimes unclear and hard to follow. So it might be a mistake on my end. Regardless, this RP is going to continue. We need Lewis to decide if he is going to contest the election, and how he plans to do so if he does. He is also VP once again, a position he can resign.)

((Wow! A lot happened today. This has never happened in American history - a sitting President being elected Vice President is, well, unprecedented in the US. It has happened elsewhere, but not under these circumstances. And once again, we have a President and Vice President of opposing parties - again, having this happen twice never happened in the US. It's good story-telling and is really interesting. I think what would happen realistically, assuming a literal civil war doesn't break out, is that Congress would strengthen its position against the executive branch and try to devalue the importance and centrality of the Presidency as much as possible. It's a real messy situation, and clearly the Constitution needs to be modified if things are to move on peacefully.))

I havent been here one day and all this happened?!This getting messier than Trump WH

First Term of President William M. Aldridge of PA (1801-1805) @Reagan04

State of the Union 

National Strength: 3rd-tier country. The US now includes KY, VT, TN, with land cleared for settlement in future OH and IN. 

Military Strength: Weak, a professional army of 5,000 mean and a professional navy of 3 ships have been established, giving us some hope for the future, should be increase these numbers. 

Foreign Affairs: The British are still unofficially impressing our sailors into their navy, and tensions have increased now that we have given France, "Most Favored Trading Partner," a title which Britain now must share with France. To the credit of Britain, they have refrained from retaliating against us for now, allowing profitable trade to sail to both shores. The French have now stopped attacking our ships, and any threat from the French has gone as they turn their eyes back on Europe. We still give tribute to the Barbary Pirates to protect our ships from pirate attacks. Relations with Spain, a decaying empire, are positive. 

Military engagements: Our mostly-militia based force is currently defending against a tax rebellion in Pennsylvania, and a few militia men guard against potential Indian attacks in the frontier. A professional army is on its way to Pennsylvania. 

Economy: Weak-to-medium, but growing. We are still in debt, but we are on the pathway to paying it off. The outlook is hopeful, as revenue is coming in through tariff and taxation. Not much manufacturing and industrial production outside New England, which finally has at least three European-quality facility. Outlook for production growth is hopeful with Hamiltonian economic policies in place. The South is very agrarian, but profitable for the people. The agrarian sectors are critical of our current economic policies.

Trade: Protective Tariff allows for industrial growth in New England as well as revenue. The South opposes this tariff as it somewhat restricts their profits. International trade has grown because of the Jay Treaty with Britain and because of the recent Peace Treaty with France. About 80% of our international trade is via Britain, 10% is via France, and 10% via the rest of Europe. The Pirates are being paid tribute, so we are free from attacks. 

Budget: Small, and most revenue we gather is going to paying off the national debt. About 60% of our budget is going to military upkeep and creation and to protect the boarders and depend against the tax rebels. 20% is going to paying off the national debt. 20% is going to government upkeep. We have almost nothing for expansion at the moment, but we are hopeful that the trade and tariffs will make this possible within another term or two. 

Social Harmony: Federal taxation has caused a second rebellion in Pennsylvania, and there is some fear this could expand. Slight tension between Northern and Southern economies and world view. The South and West opposes the government's economic policies, but there is no threat of disunion at the moment. Some Northerners are upset about the Fugitive Slave Act as contradicts their Free State status. The Jay Treaty, which is wildly supported in New England, has increased tensions, most prominently in the South and West. The Sedition Acts signed by Lewis have emboldened Republicans, but they were relieved he did not sign all of the acts. Following Lewis's defeat in the Election of 1800, candidate General Winston called on Lewis to contest the election. Had Lewis complied, social uprising would have likely result. Lewis remained silent, rather than taking a position. 

Immigration: Limited. Congress slightly increased the time to become a citizen. We have a lenient policy.  Mostly Protestant Scots-Irish, Protestant French, and a few Protestant Germans arrive, but they do not yet pose a danger to our more English-descent Protestant Culture. Most of these immigrants are moving to settle the West. If they move to a city, it is to NYC or Philadelphia. Lewis defied his party by refusing to sign a restrictive immigration act. 

Mood of the people: Mostly positive and proud with mild grumblings in the South. and lands West of the Appalachians. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: Republican supporters are enthusiastic that they have finally taken power. However, Aldridge will have some work to do if he is to convince moderates, or unhappy Federalists to support him. 

Party Power: The Senate is tied.  The US House has a slight Republican majority. Governorships are overwhelmingly Republican, except in New England

President Aldridge's Events/Decisions for his first term:

1) Mr. President, the Fries Rebellion has been going on for more than three years now. The rebel leaders have been vacillating on whether or not to break-up following Lewis's promise that he'll get Congress to freeze taxes for four years. The rebels, ultimately, want some taxes repealed and overall taxation reduced. We have a professional army of about 5,000 men and state militia nearby if you wish to clear them out. 

2) Mr. President, our army of 5,000 men and our navy of 3 warships is substantially smaller than the European armies; yet, many in your party want to do away with at least the army, because of the cost and the potential expansion of federal power that such an army brings. Do you favor keeping it, expanding it, or dissolving it? How about the navy? If we increase it, how do we pay for it?

3) Mr. President, Lewis had signed two Sedition Acts aimed at deporting non-citizens and foreigners that are critical of our national government. Some in your party wish for this to be repealed. Federalists argue that it is still necessary for national security. 

4) Mr. President, both Bunt and Lewis have paid the Barbary Pirate tribute to prevent them from attacking our shipping. The rationale is that our navy cannot handle a war against the pirates. They will resume attacking shipping if we end payment. 

5) Mr. President, your predecessor, Lewis, was attempting to push an Internal Improvements bill through congress. However, if got bogged down in Congress, which has sense scrapped that original bill with Republicans now more firmly in power. Federalists demand internal improvements. Some Republicans say they believe they're needed, but that they prefer an amendment be made to make this kind of federal funding Constitutional. If you do support internal improvements, how will we pay for it?

6) Do you support the efforts of the 12th Amendment, which will change the elections so that the President and VP are part of the same ticket. The country fears that Lewis might undermine your presidency. He may not do anything, but this would prevent any future problems should a split-party ticket occur again. 

7) Do you support Ohio's statehood?

8) Mr. President, Napoleon has recently taken back the Louisiana Territory from Spain. As he is in war in Europe once again, he fears that the British or Spanish might take the territory. In short, he can't govern it amid a European War. He wishes to sell the territory at a bargain price! The drawback is that we will likely need to use the money going towards our debt to purchase it, but only for a couple of years. Some Republicans believe that land acquisitions are unconstitutional, while some urge you to take it for the future of the country. The majority of Federalists oppose the acquisition, fearing that it will increase the powers of the Slave States and that the people currently residing in the territory will be too alien to our culture. Some Federalists urge you to take it.

9) [Only if you purchase Louisiana] Two explorers, Lewis & Clark, have proposed a federally-funded survey of the new Louisiana Territory and beyond. This exploration could allow us to figure out the worth of the lands ahead. Congress is mostly enthusiastic; although, some call it a waste of Federal money. Should we do it? How should we pay for it? 

10) [Only if you purchase Louisiana] New lands require safe land for settlement. Those in your party, predominately in the West and South, have called for the removal of Indians from the South and West as settlers are eager to move into these areas. Naturally, war will be a last resort, so we will aim for treaties. Nevertheless we will need either militia or the professional army and the funding to maintain this.    

General Winston issues a statement of support for the 'tax rebels, saying, "These honorable men are doing what the great founders of this country did against the British, and now the government is moving a military against them like the English did. Is this what the Sons of Liberty had believed in? The exchange of one dictator unfairly taxing citizens here from hundreds of miles away for a dictator unfairly taxing citizens from our own shore? How soon do we forget the revolution and all that we had fought for?"

Lee Yates builds on his Realistic Platform, puts a strong focus on Western Expansion

This is taken from what the President has to take actions on.

"People of the West, the North, and the South; we have the opportunity to expand our great nation. However, we must make this as apolitical as possible. I don't care about the free versus slave state argument. The western frontier should be able to determine individually how they wish to live their life. Why are politicians focusing on controversial politics that block our ability to expand within reason? I push for a platform that will expand our great nation while being independent of the current political sphere. Ohio should become a State, but it shouldn't have to be declared a "free" or "slave" state. The slave argument should stay SETTLED at an even tie while we expand our states. We also need to throw strong support behind the Louisiana purchase, and make sure this land is distributed as fairly as possible. We must also work with the future States to make sure that their respective militias protect the laws all across their States; I would hate to see the lands of hardworking Americans taken by greed of speculators or dirty businessmen.

12 hours ago, vcczar said:

1) Mr. President, the Fries Rebellion has been going on for more than three years now. The rebel leaders have been vacillating on whether or not to break-up following Lewis's promise that he'll get Congress to freeze taxes for four years. The rebels, ultimately, want some taxes repealed and overall taxation reduced. We have a professional army of about 5,000 men and state militia nearby if you wish to clear them out.

This is America, we do not negotiate with terrorists. This is what I will tell the Public of course. On the side, we will pass a tax cut through the Republican-controlled House as it was a signature of my platform. This should act as a marker of good faith for the rebels. If even after this tax cut, they refuse to disperse, we will have no choice but to move in our professional forces.

2) Mr. President, our army of 5,000 men and our navy of 3 warships is substantially smaller than the European armies; yet, many in your party want to do away with at least the army, because of the cost and the potential expansion of federal power that such an army brings. Do you favor keeping it, expanding it, or dissolving it? How about the navy? If we increase it, how do we pay for it?

We will keep the Army at exactly this size, not a man more and not one less. The Warships are to be maintained. I will refuse to sign any piece of legislation that increases or decreases the size of the military until our debt is under control. I am a Fiscal Hawk before a Defense Hawk and I count on my Republican House to uphold these ideas in the budget.

3) Mr. President, Lewis had signed two Sedition Acts aimed at deporting non-citizens and foreigners that are critical of our national government. Some in your party wish for this to be repealed. Federalists argue that it is still necessary for national security. 

I ran a signature campaign against the acts and repealing them will be a major issue this term. I will wholeheartedly support a bill that repeals these two insidious and unconstitutional actions. I also would like Congress to pass a more restrictive Immigration policy which I can sign as I believe President Lewis was all too lax on the subject.

4) Mr. President, both Bunt and Lewis have paid the Barbary Pirate tribute to prevent them from attacking our shipping. The rationale is that our navy cannot handle a war against the pirates. They will resume attacking shipping if we end payment. 

I will support these payments until the budget is balanced. At that time I will support increasing the size of our Navy in order to defend our shipping routes from these Pirates of Barbary.

Mr. President, your predecessor, Lewis, was attempting to push an Internal Improvements bill through congress. However, if got bogged down in Congress, which has sense scrapped that original bill with Republicans now more firmly in power. Federalists demand internal improvements. Some Republicans say they believe they're needed, but that they prefer an amendment be made to make this kind of federal funding Constitutional. If you do support internal improvements, how will we pay for it?

I stand firmly against Federal funded internal improvements. The construction of these projects should be a state issue. That being said, I do believe that whatever money we can afford to spare to grants to the states would be appropriate, however, that would be secondary to a stronger national defense and balancing the budget. The Federal Government is tasked with what the individual and State Governments cannot do themselves, I will stick to that sole cause.

6) Do you support the efforts of the 12th Amendment, which will change the elections so that the President and VP are part of the same ticket. The country fears that Lewis might undermine your presidency. He may not do anything, but this would prevent any future problems should a split-party ticket occur again. 

Vice President Lewis has been an interesting Vice President, to say the least, and I enthusiastically support the 12th Amendment to ensure a saner form of American Government. I am sure the States, run overwhelmingly by my party will understand this. Congress should pass it seeing this national dysfunction. And if the Governors do seem hesitant, remind them that this means that they could possibly secure the Vice Presidency on a Republican ticket now.

7) Do you support Ohio's statehood?

Absolutely. It is our destiny to expand, that is one of the primary functions of the American Government. Westerners and Southerners need a voice! Here we can provide one to thousands of Westerners.

8) Mr. President, Napoleon has recently taken back the Louisiana Territory from Spain. As he is in war in Europe once again, he fears that the British or Spanish might take the territory. In short, he can't govern it amid a European War. He wishes to sell the territory at a bargain price! The drawback is that we will likely need to use the money going towards our debt to purchase it, but only for a couple of years. Some Republicans believe that land acquisitions are unconstitutional, while some urge you to take it for the future of the country. The majority of Federalists oppose the acquisition, fearing that it will increase the powers of the Slave States and that the people currently residing in the territory will be too alien to our culture. Some Federalists urge you to take it.

I completely support this measure. While it may be pricey it holds riches untold and this opportunity shan't be squandered. I believe that this new bounty of land will be a great boon for our nation! If the power of Slave States is increased, so be it.

9) [Only if you purchase Louisiana] Two explorers, Lewis & Clark, have proposed a federally-funded survey of the new Louisiana Territory and beyond. This exploration could allow us to figure out the worth of the lands ahead. Congress is mostly enthusiastic; although, some call it a waste of Federal money. Should we do it? How should we pay for it? 

10) [Only if you purchase Louisiana] New lands require safe land for settlement. Those in your party, predominately in the West and South, have called for the removal of Indians from the South and West as settlers are eager to move into these areas. Naturally, war will be a last resort, so we will aim for treaties. Nevertheless we will need either militia or the professional army and the funding to maintain this.    

These are both incredibly important measures. The Clark expedition will be given minimal funding, it is to be what we can spare, and if it is not in the budget, then it is not necessary. However, the removal the Indian tribes is important and I support a "Whatever Means Necessary" approach towards removing them from our land.