270soft Forum
vcczar

New Historical President RP

1820 Election

Davies/Mitchell (Federalists): This ticket is, more or less, pro-French, pro-immigrant, pro-expansionism, pro-military, pro-tariff, pro-taxes, pro-peace. Bunt's presidency was considered controversial; however, Maxwell repaired some of the disfavor of the Federalists. Nevertheless, after three terms of Federalist power, there is some fatigue setting in. Expect the Federalists to be competitive in New England, the Mid-Atlantic, and the West. The 3rd-Party Tory party may carry some states in New England over the pro-French platform. 

Aldridge/Bigelow (Republicans): Former President Aldridge is primarily running on his record, which is viewed by most Americans outside of New England and New York as being rather successful. The Republican platform differs the most with the Federalists over immigration, tariff, and taxes. The platform makes no mention of the French or the British, which may help them in New England. 

1820 Election Results:

ME: Fed 9

NH: Fed 8

VT: Rep 8

MA: Fed 15

RI: Fed 4

CT: Tories 9

NY: Rep 29

NJ: Rep 8

PA: Fed 24

DE: Fed 4

MD: Rep 11

VA: Rep 25

NC: Rep 15

SC: Rep 11

GA: Rep 8

KY: Rep 12

TN: Rep 7

OH: Fed 8

IN: Fed 3

IL: Fed 3

MO: Rep 3

MS: Rep 2

AL: Rep 3

LA: Fed 3

PV Results:

Republicans 142 EVs *Aldridge/Bigelow wins a non-consecutive 3rd term*

Federalists 81 EVs

Tories 9 EVs

[Tories were competitive throughout New England. They cost Federalists Vermont, Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York. ]

The Tory nominees were again Winthrop and Cabot? Or did they change?

19 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

The Tory nominees were again Winthrop and Cabot? Or did they change?

The same

Former President Maxwell congratulates President Aldridge and Vice President Bigelow. Maxwell moves back to New Hampshire and continues to practice law. There are some calls that he should be appointed to the Supreme Court, but the former President himself, who leaves office somewhat popular seems not being eager to return to public life.

Vice President Bigelow says that the nation did the right thing by electing a conservative into office again. He promises to work hard together with the new president in order to provide the best solutions for the American people.

OCC: We just need remarks by @Reagan04 on his victory and then I can start typing the events/decisions for his term. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

OCC: We just need remarks by @Reagan04 on his victory and then I can start typing the events/decisions for his term. 

This nation needed a new, conservative path. That is exactly what the Aldridge administration seeks to give it!

State of the Union at March 1821

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: 3rd-tier country, but our industrial potential is great. The late war has shrunk our employment pool and dented out production, but we are growing. 

Military Strength: Our peace-time army is getting a little closer to sufficient with 30,000 men and 12 war ships; however, we proved that we can't defend ourselves without a stronger ally. 

Foreign Affairs: We are allied with France, who now surrounds our borders with land in Quebec, Florida, Cuba, and Mexico. In most ways, they are the senior partner in this relationship, as their military is more likely to defend us than our own, and they have worked a treaty to pay off 50% of our loans. Because of the Treaty, Great Britain is at peace with us. We have exchanged envoys with the French, and we attempted to do the same with the British, but they rebuffed the offer after we declined a trade deal aimed primarily to jab at France. 

Military: We currently have our forces guarding the frontier, and the Georgia/French Florida border for Seminoles. 

Economy: The economy shows a promise of booming in the Northeast. The South is also doing well with Cotton and Sugar Production. The economy is on an upswing, only because things were so bad during the war. The economy should continue to improve. 

Trade: The tariff has been adjusted in favor of the French, and has been raised slightly throughout for revenue. Trade with France and her colonies is now 50% of our trade, while 50% of our trade goes to the rest of Europe, including Britain

Budget: Medium-sized and growing. 80% of revenue comes from Tariffs, 10% through tax, 10% through other. About 60% of our budget is going to military upkeep and to protect the boarders, and toward the creation of more warships. 20% is going to paying off the national debt.  20% is going to government upkeep. Taxes remains low and it needs to be increased to help pay off the loans a lot quicker. Fortunately, France is helping us here. 

Social Harmony: Harmony exists with a sigh of relief that the war is over. The Tories in Massachusetts, once secessionists, are now mostly content; although, they are still Pro-British. Our foreign policy still upsets them. A major slave revolt occurred in Virginia, but it was quelled by the Virginia militia. 

Immigration: Limited, but growing. Europeans, mostly Germans, are flocking to our Northern cities to fill our factories, since the war killed off much of the working population. Some want to restrict immigration. 

Mood of the people: Content, but wary of another war. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: Aldridge has taken office after more than a decade from his previous term. He is popular in his party, respected throughout; however, some are weary that he may not be the right man to bring the country forward. 

Party Power: The Senate is slight Republican majority. The US House has a Republican majority. Governorships are split. 

Events/Decisions for Aldridges' term:

1. Budget, Tariff, Trade, Loans/Debt

See the State of the Union above, what are your plans in these areas Mr. President? 

2. Army and navy size

While we are at peace, many Congressmen from both parties want the military to increase in size. 

3. Indian Removal; Native American rights

Currently, there is a debate on whether or not Indian Removal should get more funding and more troops to carry it out and complete it, and whether or not we should respect the rights of Native Americans. 

4. Seminole War

The French have more or less quelled Seminole fighting in French Florida, but many Seminoles have managed to escape into our territory. They now claim Georgia as their new home. The citizen of Georgia are frightened, even though no violence has occurred yet. 

5. Surprise visit!

We had expected Lafayette as the new envoy to our country, but to our surprise, Napoleon has arrived with him and without warning. He states that he was eager to visit his ally, and that he wishes to address our Congress and to briefly tour our country before visiting his latest acquisitions (Quebec, Mexico, Florida, Cuba, etc.)

6. Slave Rebellion in Charleston; Liberia

Yet, another slave rebellion has occurred. This one near Charleston. Some are wondering if we should slowly return slaves and former slaves to Africa. 

17 hours ago, vcczar said:

1. Budget, Tariff, Trade, Loans/Debt

See the State of the Union above, what are your plans in these areas Mr. President? 

This war has thrown the budget into a pickle. I'd like some more detailed reports on it before I make my recommendations to Congress, how large is the debt and what kind of loans are we looking at? Is there a way to get a Balanced and Small Budget? 

In the area of Trade I will stick to my policy of America First, no nation has so yet wronged us, we will continue to trade openly with Europe in the manner that will most enrich American shores.

2. Army and navy size

While we are at peace, many Congressmen from both parties want the military to increase in size. 

Another large piece of funding, we need to focus on paying down our debt while we keep the military neutral, no cuts and certainly no additions.

3. Indian Removal; Native American rights

Currently, there is a debate on whether or not Indian Removal should get more funding and more troops to carry it out and complete it, and whether or not we should respect the rights of Native Americans. 

The first mistake here is believing that they have rights. President Bunt tried to treat them as men, they responded as animals, so we shall treat them as such. Our military's primary focus currently should be removing these scoundrels from our land as we make our Manifest Destiny across this continent spreading Christian Civilization by any means necessary! We must be aggressive!

4. Seminole War

The French have more or less quelled Seminole fighting in French Florida, but many Seminoles have managed to escape into our territory. They now claim Georgia as their new home. The citizen of Georgia are frightened, even though no violence has occurred yet.

Drive these warmongers out! They have had their chances and how they declare war on America, the beacon of Free Society, they declare war on the very idea of civility, so we shall respond in kind. See my previous answer, it is time to take our land back!

5. Surprise visit!

We had expected Lafayette as the new envoy to our country, but to our surprise, Napoleon has arrived with him and without warning. He states that he was eager to visit his ally, and that he wishes to address our Congress and to briefly tour our country before visiting his latest acquisitions (Quebec, Mexico, Florida, Cuba, etc.)

We are elated to host the French! I am a President of European Neutrality, allow him to address Congress and we shall hold conferences with him and entertain him like any honored guess. Also, reach out to Prime Minister Jenkinson for a similar honor. We want to mend relations with both major powers of Europe.

(I'll get to #6 soon)

22 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

This war has thrown the budget into a pickle. I'd like some more detailed reports on it before I make my recommendations to Congress, how large is the debt and what kind of loans are we looking at? Is there a way to get a Balanced and Small Budget? 

The French, as per the treaty, are paying 25% of our War debt, in exchange for us recognizing their acquisitions in our hemisphere. This has been agreed upon. The Treaty also stipulates that Great Britain pay 25% of our War debt as damaged for impressment prior to the War of 1811. 

Our debt and our foreign loans collectively can be paid off using 20% of the budget by 1850 if we are diligent and refrain from any war until then.  If the tariff is increased across the board, and predicting the growth of our industry, primarily in the North, we can pay it off by 1840. Increase taxes geared towards helping the debt, then we can pay it off by 1835. The Loans come from Russia, the Ottoman Empire, and Prussia. 

27 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

We are elated to host the French! I am a President of European Neutrality, allow him to address Congress and we shall hold conferences with him and entertain him like any honored guess. Also, reach out to Prime Minister Jenkinson for a similar honor. We want to mend relations with both major powers of Europe.

The Ambassador from Great Britain expresses that the Prime Minister has no desire to visit a country that declared war on them, and certainly not with that rapscallion Bonaparte in the room. The Ambassador to Great Britain sails back to London the day after Napoleon arrives. 

Napoleon addresses both Houses of Congress and all major politicians able to make the appearance. Standing with Lafayette, Napoleon the history of our friendship, and the history of our struggles with our common foe (Great Britain). He enumerates the benefits that our country shall have now that we are neighbors in the West, in the South, and in the North. Napoleon then proposes to his captive audience, a Napoleon Doctrine! That is, the French and and Americans, being dominant in the Western Hemisphere (France controls Quebec, Florida, Cuba, several Caribbean Islands, Mexico, California, Texas, Central America, South America) should secure a lasting peace for this Hemisphere by declaring an end to any future colonization by Western Powers. Napoleon then reiterates the recent Peace Treaty bound the countries in a defensive pact against any aggression by Great Britain, and believes that our two countries can be the defenders of the world against centuries long abuse by Great Britain. 

At this point, New England congress people walk out. 

Napoleon then continues to talk about his own success, rising from nothing, to conquering half of Europe and almost the entire Western Hemisphere, stating that he has done this for peace. He explain that he is most fortunate of all to have the United States as a dear friend. 

When he is done, half those in the audience, mostly Republicans, break out in cheers, "Long Live, Napoleon! Long Live, Lafayette!" While the other half, mostly Federalists, and some wearing Republicans, reluctantly clap. 

Napoleon then joins President Aldridge and VP Bigelow to the White House. Napoleon then begins to dictate an agenda in a private meeting, firing off each point like a bullet, with such comments as:

"Those Federalists pose no good for you. They're practically British."

"The British never give you any respect."

"America is better off with you as president again."

"Do you like the dramatist Corneille?"

"What do you think of the mysteries of the stars?"

"I could have been a great mathematician."

"I will pay off all your national debt if you give us New Orleans and Louisiana."

"No doubt, we will see an insurrection in Mexico, Cuba, South America....I hope we can count on you."

"The British will attack you once our alliance ends. There is no doubt about it. But I have my spies in London. I will help you." 

"I have this medal I won at Toulon, and this hat that I wore at Wagram. I want you to have them."

"You should try pumpernickel bread."

Then as rapidly as he spoke, he left the room for the day. 

After Napoleon returned to his guest quarters, a delegation from Congress arrived to discuss Napoleon. They report that they feel Napoleon plans to take the entire Western Hemisphere, and that Napoleon used the War of 1811 masterfully to put us at his mercy. Another Congressman notes that we would have been conquered by the British if not for Napoleon, and that to offend him would certainly place us in another war that we can't win. Another Congressman says that it is critical that we purchase Florida from Napoleon, but with what money? He argues that America must acquire territory from France. Another Congressman suggests that we should wait until Napoleon's death, hoping that his successor isn't even half the man Napoleon is. Another Congressman wonders if Lafayette, the new special envoy, is just a spy for Napoleon.

After this delegation leaves, another comes in, they appear celebratory. One suggests that an alliance with Napoleon immediately makes the US the #2 country in the world. Another suggests that trade and commerce will be plentiful now that most of the trading ports that we frequent are under Napoleon's protection and that those South of us are certainly going to improve into major ports with new and desirable goods. Another congressman feels satisfied that we may soon see the end of Great Britain, and that should an invasion of that islands occur, that we should ask Napoleon for the British Isles, since the inhabitants speak our language. 

After this delegation leaves, Pres. Aldridge and VP Bigelow sit alone in the oval office at night. 

OCC: @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 for your responses. Reagan should make some decisions based off all of this as well. 

Vice President Bigelow states privately: While I would love to see America as the #2 country in the world, I am a bit worried about Napoleon's plans. Napoleon helped us when we needed help and I am thankful for that like most people. His plans sound fine no doubt, but perhaps a bit too fine to be true. That is what I am worried about. However, I would support buying Florida as well in order to acquire as much territory from the French as possible, because I believe in American expansionism but as the honorable congressman stated I do not know as well if we can pay for it. Napoleon promised much things, like his medal and his hat, those are fine things, but what I am interested in most, are the reports from his spies in London. We need to know exactly what Old England is doing and planning and if Napoleon is right that they could prepare for another attack. But did we get any reports yet? The Vice President has not been informed that is all I know. And although I enjoyed the conversations with Napoleon about pumpernickel bread and especially the dramatist Corneille and the mysteries of the stars I was shocked to hear that we should give away the wonderful State of Louisiana, which have been ours for years now. Those people are Americans they believe in the same ideas of liberty and freedom like we do. Louisianians fought with us, when our nation was endangered and now we shall give them away together with their sacred land. Additionally giving away our sacred land, is not in line with our idea of America expansionism. I am very much against this idea, but I will follow your orders Mr. President. I am very curious what your opinion on Napoleon's proposals is.

(That's a lot to digest! Perhaps @Conservative Elector 2 and I should give this some careful consideration. I would also like to include my Secretary of State, @Kingthero to chime in, direct your comments at me like we're having a meeting, @vcczar after that I will make the decisions on the speeches and some of the offers.)

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

The Ambassador from Great Britain expresses that the Prime Minister has no desire to visit a country that declared war on them, and certainly not with that rapscallion Bonaparte in the room. The Ambassador to Great Britain sails back to London the day after Napoleon arrives. 

Express that we meant after Napoleon had gone. Our doors are always open to Foreign Leaders.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

The French, as per the treaty, are paying 25% of our War debt, in exchange for us recognizing their acquisitions in our hemisphere. This has been agreed upon. The Treaty also stipulates that Great Britain pay 25% of our War debt as damaged for impressment prior to the War of 1811. 

Our debt and our foreign loans collectively can be paid off using 20% of the budget by 1850 if we are diligent and refrain from any war until then.  If the tariff is increased across the board, and predicting the growth of our industry, primarily in the North, we can pay it off by 1840. Increase taxes geared towards helping the debt, then we can pay it off by 1835. The Loans come from Russia, the Ottoman Empire, and Prussia. 

2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Tough time call for tough actions, reach out to Congressional Republicans for input on a small Tariff hike, make it clear that Taxes will not be increased under any circumstances.

OCC: I'm going to say that Napoleon has already left to tour his latest acquisitions. I'll play the part of Special Envoy LaFayette, who you can address your questions to, since he is informed and in contact with Napoleon. 

Lee Yates Addresses the President and the Vice President

Sidenote: now 60 years old.

I firmly believe that Napoleon is a grand master of strategy and, therefore, we need to do our best to improve our domestic power structure so that our foreign reputation does not define our place in the world. We need to improve our economy, unite the people to work together to make that happen, and pay off our debts so that we can set ourselves straight. I believe once our debts are paid, we need to use this money to improve our army to match France's western hemisphere presence, so that if France ever were to turn their backs on us, we could protect our backs. There is no way Great Britain would miss the opportunity to attack France in the event of a war between us and France. We should let our pro-british politicians know about some of this information I have shared so they regain trust of us and can provide a bridge to the British.

On 5/20/2018 at 5:02 PM, vcczar said:

6. Slave Rebellion in Charleston; Liberia

Yet, another slave rebellion has occurred. This one near Charleston. Some are wondering if we should slowly return slaves and former slaves to Africa. 

The Aldridge Administration will always defend a man's right to slaves. However, as far as former slaves go, I steadfastly support returning them to Africa. Help the South Carolinians quell the rebellion with what they need if they do need assistance.

On 5/21/2018 at 11:17 AM, vcczar said:

After Napoleon returned to his guest quarters, a delegation from Congress arrived to discuss Napoleon. They report that they feel Napoleon plans to take the entire Western Hemisphere, and that Napoleon used the War of 1811 masterfully to put us at his mercy. Another Congressman notes that we would have been conquered by the British if not for Napoleon, and that to offend him would certainly place us in another war that we can't win. Another Congressman says that it is critical that we purchase Florida from Napoleon, but with what money? He argues that America must acquire territory from France. Another Congressman suggests that we should wait until Napoleon's death, hoping that his successor isn't even half the man Napoleon is. Another Congressman wonders if Lafayette, the new special envoy, is just a spy for Napoleon.

After this delegation leaves, another comes in, they appear celebratory. One suggests that an alliance with Napoleon immediately makes the US the #2 country in the world. Another suggests that trade and commerce will be plentiful now that most of the trading ports that we frequent are under Napoleon's protection and that those South of us are certainly going to improve into major ports with new and desirable goods. Another congressman feels satisfied that we may soon see the end of Great Britain, and that should an invasion of that islands occur, that we should ask Napoleon for the British Isles, since the inhabitants speak our language. 

19 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Lee Yates Addresses the President and the Vice President

Sidenote: now 60 years old.

I firmly believe that Napoleon is a grand master of strategy and, therefore, we need to do our best to improve our domestic power structure so that our foreign reputation does not define our place in the world. We need to improve our economy, unite the people to work together to make that happen, and pay off our debts so that we can set ourselves straight. I believe once our debts are paid, we need to use this money to improve our army to match France's western hemisphere presence, so that if France ever were to turn their backs on us, we could protect our backs. There is no way Great Britain would miss the opportunity to attack France in the event of a war between us and France. We should let our pro-british politicians know about some of this information I have shared so they regain trust of us and can provide a bridge to the British.

22 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Vice President Bigelow states privately: While I would love to see America as the #2 country in the world, I am a bit worried about Napoleon's plans. Napoleon helped us when we needed help and I am thankful for that like most people. His plans sound fine no doubt, but perhaps a bit too fine to be true. That is what I am worried about. However, I would support buying Florida as well in order to acquire as much territory from the French as possible, because I believe in American expansionism but as the honorable congressman stated I do not know as well if we can pay for it. Napoleon promised much things, like his medal and his hat, those are fine things, but what I am interested in most, are the reports from his spies in London. We need to know exactly what Old England is doing and planning and if Napoleon is right that they could prepare for another attack. But did we get any reports yet? The Vice President has not been informed that is all I know. And although I enjoyed the conversations with Napoleon about pumpernickel bread and especially the dramatist Corneille and the mysteries of the stars I was shocked to hear that we should give away the wonderful State of Louisiana, which have been ours for years now. Those people are Americans they believe in the same ideas of liberty and freedom like we do. Louisianians fought with us, when our nation was endangered and now we shall give them away together with their sacred land. Additionally giving away our sacred land, is not in line with our idea of America expansionism. I am very much against this idea, but I will follow your orders Mr. President. I am very curious what your opinion on Napoleon's proposals is.

Alexander, Lee, esteemed members of the Congress, thank you for joining us. Mr. Vice President, I share your sentiments that have been echoed by the Secretary of State. Napoleon is a shrewd businessman no doubt and I am committed to pushing this grand nation to the West Coast. I would like us to ask Lafayette how much they would charge for Florida? And while we are grandly appreciative of your offer to pay off the debt for us, an offer I would nary refuse, I must commit to retaining Louisiana. I am certainly interested in an informal alliance of non-aggression with the French, but I will continue to act in American interests, not French interests, and certainly not British! On the subject of Florida, I would like to know its cost and how much that would set us back on the debt. Also, while we have the Senior Republican Leadership here, how did you feel of my proposal of a slightly raised tariff? I shan't have wanted to issue it myself but I see it as the most fiscally responsible course of action. I too enjoy the Emperor's small talk and I find him to be a personal friend of mine, but let us not forget that European Empires rise and certainly do fall, I do not see the expanse of the French empire lasting a millennia, we must take precautions to not back ourselves in in case of an unfortunate situation. 

Lee Responds to Tariffs

"Raising tariffs is a fair thing to do, especially knowing that we have the economy to support it. We need to get funds to secure our nation."

21 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I am committed to pushing this grand nation to the West Coast.

The expansionists in your party as you how you plan to do this, considering that Napoleon controls Mexico, which includes Texas, California, etc.? The French also have a larger and more advanced army than the Spanish ever had. 

I would like us to ask Lafayette how much they would charge for Florida?

You discuss this with Lafayette, who suggests that the Emperor might sell Florida for:

1. A trade for the state of Louisiana

or 

2. A trade for the city of New Orleans plus the use of American military support to quell any rebellions in Mexico, Quebec, or Cuba should they occur. 

or 

3. The same military support as listed above, but allowing France to pull from paying off the 25% of the debt granted in the latest Treaty, which would mean we probably won't pay off our national debt until about 1855-1860. A promise that the Seminole in the state will be protected on their land, which is what Napoleon granted them to quell the Seminole War in Florida. 

Lafayette reiterates that the Emperor will pay off all of your national debt if you sell the entire state of Louisiana to France (This is independent of any bargaining for Florida). 

Also, while we have the Senior Republican Leadership here, how did you feel of my proposal of a slightly raised tariff?

The more practical-minded Southern Republicans reluctantly admit that the tariff raise is practical, but unfortunate. The majority of the Southern Republican, some for emotional reasons and some for supporting their constituents,  believe that you have gone Federalist. 

((Oops, my bad. That's okay, I didn't want to play a President. But I apologize to everyone else!))

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

The expansionists in your party as you how you plan to do this, considering that Napoleon controls Mexico, which includes Texas, California, etc.? The French also have a larger and more advanced army than the Spanish ever had. 

You discuss this with Lafayette, who suggests that the Emperor might sell Florida for:

1. A trade for the state of Louisiana

or 

2. A trade for the city of New Orleans plus the use of American military support to quell any rebellions in Mexico, Quebec, or Cuba should they occur. 

or 

3. The same military support as listed above, but allowing France to pull from paying off the 25% of the debt granted in the latest Treaty, which would mean we probably won't pay off our national debt until about 1855-1860. A promise that the Seminole in the state will be protected on their land, which is what Napoleon granted them to quell the Seminole War in Florida. 

Lafayette reiterates that the Emperor will pay off all of your national debt if you sell the entire state of Louisiana to France (This is independent of any bargaining for Florida). 

The more practical-minded Southern Republicans reluctantly admit that the tariff raise is practical, but unfortunate. The majority of the Southern Republican, some for emotional reasons and some for supporting their constituents,  believe that you have gone Federalist. 

I inform the expansionists that I will be forging ahead to whatever Western Territory we can scrounge up and focusing on development of the current Western territory while we negotiate with France. I ask for map of the current land holdings on the continent to get a better idea (If it is too troublesome to make one do not fret).

Reiterate that New Orleans and Louisiana will remain American and we shall reconvene with France later if any offers come to mind or if their proposals then suit us. We want to steer clear of any military intervention.

I reach out to the Southern Federalists appealing to their conservative nature "Don't you want to be fiscally responsible and pay off this debt?"

Also, I ask my Secretary of War the status of the Indian Removal.

12 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I inform the expansionists that I will be forging ahead to whatever Western Territory we can scrounge up and focusing on development of the current Western territory while we negotiate with France. I ask for map of the current land holdings on the continent to get a better idea (If it is too troublesome to make one do not fret).

Reiterate that New Orleans and Louisiana will remain American and we shall reconvene with France later if any offers come to mind or if their proposals then suit us. We want to steer clear of any military intervention.

I reach out to the Southern Federalists appealing to their conservative nature "Don't you want to be fiscally responsible and pay off this debt?"

Also, I ask my Secretary of War the status of the Indian Removal.

This is basically the Map.. New Spain and Florida Terr. and Quebec is French. The US and Great Britain claim Oregon Territory and there are rumors that Napoleon might aim for claims there as well.

A04%20MAP%201820.jpg

Your Sec of War reports that removal has been completed in the South; although, Seminoles remain in the French Territory. We have not yet transferred our professionals from the South to Illinois, Michigan, and Missouri. These states have not seen any attacks by tribesmen since the War of 1811. Northern Republicans and Federalists oppose efforts at removal. Although, settlers coming from the South to Missouri and to southern Illinois demand removal so they can settle in peace and safety. 

After your responses to these two items, I'll then end your presidential term and type up a state of the Union. 

25 minutes ago, vcczar said:

our Sec of War reports that removal has been completed in the South; although, Seminoles remain in the French Territory. We have not yet transferred our professionals from the South to Illinois, Michigan, and Missouri. These states have not seen any attacks by tribesmen since the War of 1811. Northern Republicans and Federalists oppose efforts at removal. Although, settlers coming from the South to Missouri and to southern Illinois demand removal so they can settle in peace and safety. 

After your responses to these two items, I'll then end your presidential term and type up a state of the Union. 

I will steadfastly stand for removal. Hopefully this will satisfy Southern Republicans upset with the tariff. Over all I am hopeful of my re-election prospects given my popularity among Republicans and my respect among Federalists by striking a Conservative line on Indian Removal but a more Center-Right tariff line.

On 5/21/2018 at 6:38 PM, Reagan04 said:

Express that we meant after Napoleon had gone. Our doors are always open to Foreign Leaders.

@vcczar 

Vice President Bigelow asks "Did we get any response from the British? Maybe I have overlooked it but I do not remember anything."

1 hour ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

@vcczar 

Vice President Bigelow asks "Did we get any response from the British? Maybe I have overlooked it but I do not remember anything."

OCC: The British will not meet with the US, since they are upset about the invasion of Canada, the War, and the military alliance with France. It's probably for the best, since Napoleon might consider any secret pact with the British as being a violation of the Treaty, which included a Franco-American military alliance. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

OCC: The British will not meet with the US, since they are upset about the invasion of Canada, the War, and the military alliance with France. It's probably for the best, since Napoleon might consider any secret pact with the British as being a violation of the Treaty, which included a Franco-American military alliance. 

Ok thanks