270soft Forum
vcczar

New Historical President RP

7 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

President Aldridge announces he will not seek election to a 3rd nonconsecutive term.

7 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Former Secretary of War Yates Endorses Bunt

"While it was a shame to see Aldrige depart, this war that is ongoing is very important to us westerners. As our trade is still profitable down the Mississippi River, us westerners are still in decent shape. Also, as the Indians have been kept at bay, Western expansions is still open to those fleeing the East. President Bunt needs to hold office."

6 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Former Vice President Bigelow says that he will decide after Former President Aldridge has made a decision. @Reagan04

Am I looking at a Washington :P

2 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Am I looking at a Washington :P

What?

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

What?

Because it seems that the Republicans are fielding no candidate yet (sorry mate just a dumb joke).

8 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

President Bunt declares run for a second term. Promises to win the war, get New England back in line, and generally improve the economy. 

Vice President Baldwin pledges his support to re-elect President Bunt and urges unity in the party and the country behind our national hero.

Vice President Bigelow will not run in this election cycle.

I can't restart the RP unless I get a Republican challenger. The Federalist Party isn't even dominant in Congress, so Bunt wouldn't run unopposed. 

5 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Vice President Bigelow will not run in this election cycle.

OOC: Oh, I expected you to, I might have to now lol

2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

OOC: Oh, I expected you to, I might have to now lol

OOC. No I did not plan on running. I would serve as your VP if asked.

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I can't restart the RP unless I get a Republican challenger. The Federalist Party isn't even dominant in Congress, so Bunt wouldn't run unopposed. 

Can I create a new character to run and retire this one the next time to run as Bigelow again? If so, I could run...

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

OOC: Can I retcon my decision or is that not allowed knowing what I know now?

Name:Reginald Borty

Party:Republican 

State:Georgia

Position:Senator

Platform:

War of 1811:Try and find peaceful resolution for conflic that is exhausting our nation!

Foreign Affairs:Go on with war and fight alongside our French friends.Stop paying pirates!

Trade:End the Tarrif.Make trade more free

7 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

OOC: Can I retcon my decision or is that not allowed knowing what I know now?

OOC: You can even make another character without killing off Aldridge. We need a VP nominee for @Rodja's character

40 minutes ago, vcczar said:

OOC: You can even make another character without killing off Aldridge. We need a VP nominee for @Rodja's character

Ok! I thought once I got a new guy I would have to retire Aldridge.

Name: Sylvester L. Adren

State: Ohio (Formerly New York)

Born: July 2nd, 1756 Albany, New York

Died: September 28th, 1836 Cincinnati, Ohio

Party: Republican

Positions: U.S. Representative from New York's 12th Congressional District (1789-1801) 1st Governor of Ohio (1803-1811) U.S. Senator from Ohio (1811-)

(He will be only seeking the Vice Presidency being a powerful voice in the PA, NY, OH area)

7 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Ok! I thought once I got a new guy I would have to retire Aldridge.

I thought that too. Good to know hahah

OCC: I hope to have election results up today. Already typing them out, but have little free time. 

1812 Election

Bunt (VA)/Baldwin (DE) - Federalists: For the most part, Bunt runs on his records and his promise improve the economy and to turn the tide of the War into America's favor. Federalists will like do well in the Mid-Atlantic, and possibly in the West for the first time. New England support is a Wild Card. 

Borty (GA)/Adren (OH) - Republicans: This party's leaders were reluctant to run this election, possibly because a new president would inherit the chaos. Late in the campaign season, Borty and Adren jumped in. The platform is rather minimal, desiring peace with Britain, an end to the tariff, and a war with the Pirates.  Economists are critical of the platform as an end of the tariff would make funding a war with the pirate, or funding anything, nearly impossible, unless taxes are greatly increased. Plantation owners favor this platform, nonetheless. Republicans expect victory in the South. The tariff platform is unlikely to appeal to New England or the Mid-Atlantic. Although, there is an off chance that states bordering Canada may favor such a platform. 

Election Results: 

MA: Tories (3rd Party) 22
NH: Fed 8
VT: Rep 8
RI: Fed 4
CT: Fed 9
NY: Fed 29
NJ: Fed 8
DE: Fed 3
PA: Fed 25
MD: Fed 11
VA: Fed 25
NC: Rep 15
SC: Rep 11
GA: Rep 8
LA: Fed 3
TN: Fed 8
KY: Rep 12
OH: Rep 7

Electoral Votes:
Federalists 133 *Bunt is Reelected*
Republicans 61
Tories 22 

[Notes: Bunt was likely to be reelected as Republicans were hesitant to run. The Republican tariff platform threw most of the coast states to the Federalists, when previously PA, NY, NJ, MD were potential Republican states had a Republican candidate been decisive and also more aware of the economic challenges facing the country. Bunt's landslide victory in no way is a testimony for support of Bunt's presidency. The War has turned New England against him, as can be seen by a 3rd Party taking Massachusetts, and Republicans taking Vermont. The other New England states went for Bunt solely on the tariff issue. Likewise, NY and PA followed Bunt because of the tariff. Bunt is most popular in the West, as can be seen with Federalist pickups in LA and TN, and in his home state of VA. Bunt will have a tough challenge this term as he must not only save the country, but probably save his party as well. Similarly, Republicans must create an attractive alternative and be aggressive, confident and more universal in their messages. Overall, Congratulations to President Bunt on his second term.]

Next: Events/Decisions for Bunt's 2nd term. May be a day or two before I can type these up. 

OOC: @FrancisXKennedy Welcome! Take a look on this RP as well. :) Perhaps you like it too. 

Name: Basceus Dixon Mitchell

State: North Carolina

Born: April, 4th, 1777

Died: February, 9th, 1849

Party: Federalist

Positions: Representative for the NC 10th District, Lawyer, farmer.

3 minutes ago, FrancisXKennedy said:

Name: Basceus Dixon Mitchell

State: North Carolina

Born: April, 4th, 1777

Died: February, 9th, 1849

Party: Federalist

Positions: Representative for the NC 10th District, Lawyer, farmer.

OCC: Thanks for joining. This is a rather unique RP, so you may want to read the first page or two. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

OCC: Thanks for joining. This is a rather unique RP, so you may want to read the first page or two. 

OOC: I got ya'. I've actually been lurking the forums for a couple of days and I've been eagerly reading this bad boy. I would have joined sooner, but the site was having issues with letting people sign up. I'm really excited to see how this War of 1812 that came early goes.

PS. I love your 2020 campaign! I've played it quite a few times now.

3 hours ago, FrancisXKennedy said:

PS. I love your 2020 campaign! I've played it quite a few times now.

OCC: Thanks, if you check the General Forum for any posts regarding the 2020 Scenario or 2020 Update, you'll find the latest internal updates. I haven't posted an update on the campaign page for awhile, and I won't until someone other than Delaney officially declares. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I don't know if @WVProgressive saw that Bunt was reelected

I saw, don't worry.