Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

New Historical President RP

Recommended Posts

Quote

Peace terms blablabla

This will be sent to Congress after midterms.

 

France decides to keep 15,000 men scattered among Japan's islands while we are on the mainland.

 

We do not have 60,000 men for peacetime procedures. Our remaining active army will remain in the area, while our reserves go home.

 

Quote

I hope that Hokkaido will be able to use their natural resources in order to build up their independent industry. I order our companies to send their newest technologies in order to open the country for trade. We will also build up their ports, so free trade can start as best as possible.

Companies cooperate with the President and send complimentary tech to Hokkaido, and in a miraculous turn of events every single port in Hokkaido is brought up-to-date with our ports within a few months. Hokkaido seems like they are setting themselves up as a goods bridgeway into the Asian market.

 

Quote

So I order to create a Federal Department for Veteran Affairs.

The current House passes this, however it isn't voted on in time by the Senate before midterms and will need to be either re-introduced or ignored by Hillsbury.

 

Quote

This is great to hear, we are gladly accepting this as long as we are also allowed to trade with an independent Korea. I also order our companies and advisers to support Korea the way we support Hokkaido and Japan. We need to spread the values of freedom and democracy in areas liberated 

Our free trade is also guaranteed, and our companies do send support to Korea, but cautiously.

 

Quote

I make one last attempt to create an independent/bi-partisan movie rating organization in order to decide the cases which films and other material needs to be banned.

This passes Congress, and these ratings, while not legally binding to anything, are helpful for the future.

 

Quote

Are other countries already participating? If not schedule a meeting the ambassadors of the 10 most powerful world nations in order to promote our ideas for the council.

This meeting is scheduled to go on during Hillsbury's presidency.

 

Quote

Please proceed with voting on: Create a remembrance day to remember the American and American Allies troops lost in all wars.  

This passes Congress as well.

 

Midterms

 

 

National Strength: We rank 4th in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, Germany, Great Britain, United States, France, Mexico, Austria, Sweden, Spain, China.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 18,000 men and 50 ships, with a reserve army of 106,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: We are currently in an ongoing peace deal with Japan, as a ceasefire exists.

Military: Our military is active. Our navy is patrolling the Pacific Ocean for pirates, with some of our navy returning home. Our reserve army is returning home, while our Active army remains to occupy Japan.

Economy: The economy experiences a small boost following the war end.

Trade: We trade 25% with non-European powers, 17% with Britain, 15% with Germany, 20% with France, and 23% with other non-radical European powers. Trade grows enormously after the war ends.

Budget: Our budget is currently in a surplus, with 5% of our spending going to paying off our debt, aimed to be paid off by 1950. Our budget consists of the income of 32% taxes 44% tariff 10% overseas territories/canals and 14% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 70% military 10% gov. upkeep 15% infrastructure and 5% debt repayment.

Social Harmony: The country is still feeling the effects of the popular war, and is very united.

Immigration: Immigration grows back towards normal, already moving us back in to the 1# spot.

Mood of the people: People are happy in the sense they are proud of their country's goals, and they are united behind the Government.

Party Power: Senate is Conservative, while the House is tied.

Popularity of the Outgoing President: 79% of Americans supported him, and only 14% disapproved.

 

-------------

Congress

Liberal 51/104 Senate 46% US Rep

Conservatives 53/104 Senate 46% US Rep

Socialists 0/104 Senate 8% US Rep

 

@Hestia11 @Reagan04 @MBDemSoc

Quote
  • Unseat the current Tenno and find a loyal noblemen who is willing to carry on the tradition as the new emperor and who is willing to unite the people.
  • Establish the elected post of Prime Minister, he shall be elected to a maximum of two 4 year terms. He shall be the actual head of state while the Tenno is only allowed to hold a ceremonial office. We would like to be informed by the prime minister about possible unusual activities in his country as we intend to cooperate strongly
  • Establish a Senate and a House of Representative like in our country which is composed of two Senators and a certain amount of Representatives which represent their states.
  • Reorganize the Japanese prefectures into states with an elected Governor and Senates/Houses on state level
  • Establish a Supreme Court with nine justices appointed by the prime minister for life
  • Require the Japanese to ban all far-left and far-right parties which could emerge
  • The Japanese Army will be constitutionally prohibited from being used in any offensive war except if we ask them for help
  • We want to establish a healthy and strong bond with the Japanese, so we will aid them to rebuild their industry and we will aid them with strong trade agreements.
  • We would like to acquire at least one port city to turn it into a international hub of friendship and peace. Yokohama came to our mind.
  • We will put no civilians on trial but the most influential generals and noblemen should face justice for their crimes against their own people.

This is the current peace terms sent for Congress's blessing. For this, just agree or disagree with each one, and then below that implement any you wish to add. If you wish to make an amendment, nay one line and add another in the second part.

Quote

Creating the Department of Veterans Affairs

This will likely need the new President to re-affirm it to pass.


League of Nations Status (If nothing includes ambassador, they are present)

 

Russia: Hesitant, Ambassador Present

 

Germany: Committed

 

Great Britain: Hesitant, Ambassador Present

 

United States: Committed

 

France: Committed

 

Mexico: Likely

 

Austria: Hesitant, Ambassador Present

 

Sweden: Committed

 

Spain: Hesitant, Ambassador Present

 

China: Refused, Ambassador not Present

 

Presidential Actions

 

1. Tinker the military service count.

 

2. Address the bills in Congress

 

3. Propose up to three new policies.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MBDemSoc said:

The Socialist Labor Party wishes the outgoing President the best of luck in his future endeavours and for him and his family to have good health in the future.

Former President thanks for the wishes.

10 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

President Hillsbury wishes Former President Talbot the best and that may his health be strong as he works to fight against any complications. We take these 2 years of office as incredibly important for wrapping up Foreign Affairs and beginning to look at domestic issues.

I thank you wholeheartedly for your wishes my friend and I wish you the best of luck for leading our country into an even more prosperous future. To serve the American people with you at my side was the greatest honour I could achieve. We will remain supportive at any time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kingthero said:

This will be sent to Congress after midterms.

 

France decides to keep 15,000 men scattered among Japan's islands while we are on the mainland.

 

We do not have 60,000 men for peacetime procedures. Our remaining active army will remain in the area, while our reserves go home.

 

Companies cooperate with the President and send complimentary tech to Hokkaido, and in a miraculous turn of events every single port in Hokkaido is brought up-to-date with our ports within a few months. Hokkaido seems like they are setting themselves up as a goods bridgeway into the Asian market.

 

The current House passes this, however it isn't voted on in time by the Senate before midterms and will need to be either re-introduced or ignored by Hillsbury.

 

Our free trade is also guaranteed, and our companies do send support to Korea, but cautiously.

 

This passes Congress, and these ratings, while not legally binding to anything, are helpful for the future.

 

This meeting is scheduled to go on during Hillsbury's presidency.

 

This passes Congress as well.

 

Midterms

 

 

National Strength: We rank 4th in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, Germany, Great Britain, United States, France, Mexico, Austria, Sweden, Spain, China.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 18,000 men and 50 ships, with a reserve army of 106,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: We are currently in an ongoing peace deal with Japan, as a ceasefire exists.

Military: Our military is active. Our navy is patrolling the Pacific Ocean for pirates, with some of our navy returning home. Our reserve army is returning home, while our Active army remains to occupy Japan.

Economy: The economy experiences a small boost following the war end.

Trade: We trade 25% with non-European powers, 17% with Britain, 15% with Germany, 20% with France, and 23% with other non-radical European powers. Trade grows enormously after the war ends.

Budget: Our budget is currently in a surplus, with 5% of our spending going to paying off our debt, aimed to be paid off by 1950. Our budget consists of the income of 32% taxes 44% tariff 10% overseas territories/canals and 14% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 70% military 10% gov. upkeep 15% infrastructure and 5% debt repayment.

Social Harmony: The country is still feeling the effects of the popular war, and is very united.

Immigration: Immigration grows back towards normal, already moving us back in to the 1# spot.

Mood of the people: People are happy in the sense they are proud of their country's goals, and they are united behind the Government.

Party Power: Senate is Conservative, while the House is tied.

Popularity of the Outgoing President: 79% of Americans supported him, and only 14% disapproved.

 

-------------

Congress

Liberal 51/104 Senate 46% US Rep

Conservatives 53/104 Senate 46% US Rep

Socialists 0/104 Senate 8% US Rep

 

@Hestia11 @Reagan04 @MBDemSoc

This is the current peace terms sent for Congress's blessing. For this, just agree or disagree with each one, and then below that implement any you wish to add. If you wish to make an amendment, nay one line and add another in the second part.

This will likely need the new President to re-affirm it to pass.


League of Nations Status (If nothing includes ambassador, they are present)

 

Russia: Hesitant, Ambassador Present

 

Germany: Committed

 

Great Britain: Hesitant, Ambassador Present

 

United States: Committed

 

France: Committed

 

Mexico: Likely

 

Austria: Hesitant, Ambassador Present

 

Sweden: Committed

 

Spain: Hesitant, Ambassador Present

 

China: Refused, Ambassador not Present

 

Presidential Actions

 

1. Tinker the military service count.

 

2. Address the bills in Congress

 

3. Propose up to three new policies.

 

 

 

Socialist Labor Party Alternative Proposals for Japan Post-war:

  • The Current Emperor will abdicate in favour of the heir to the throne as replacing the Emperor with some random noble would cause unrest as the Japanese believe that the Emperor is the descendant of the gods.
  • The New Emperor is to explicitly reject the quasi-official claim that the Emperor of Japan is an arahitogami, i.e., an incarnate divinity.
  • The Emperor of Japan will be given these ceremonial duties: Appointment of the Prime Minister as designated by the Diet (The Emperor will be unable to decline the nomination);  Appointment of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court as designated by the Cabinet (Emperor will again be unable to decline the nomination); "the Emperor, with the advice and approval of the Cabinet, shall perform the following acts in matters of state on behalf of the people", In practice, all of these duties will be exercised only in accordance with the binding instructions of the Cabinet - Promulgation of amendments of the constitution, laws, cabinet orders, and treaties; Convocation of the Diet; Dissolution of the House of Representatives; Proclamation of general election of members of the Diet; Attestation of the appointment and dismissal of Ministers of State and other officials as provided for by law, and of full powers and credentials of Ambassadors and Ministers; Attestation of general and special amnesty, commutation of punishment, reprieve, and restoration of rights; Awarding of honors; Attestation of instruments of ratification and other diplomatic documents as provided for by law; Receiving foreign ambassadors and ministers; Performance of ceremonial functions.
  • The Position of Prime Minister will be established if it has not been already in Japan, the Prime Minister will serve for 4 years or less at a time and no term limits shall be imposed on this position, the Prime Minister shall be the leader of the victorious party or coalition in a general election or at the very least a member of the victorious party or coalition, the Prime Minister must be a member of the one of the Houses of the National Diet and a civilian (No serving or past members of the Japanese Military will be allowed to hold the post of Prime Minister), the Prime Minister shall fill the following roles: Exercises "control and supervision" over the entire executive branch; Presents bills to the Diet on behalf of the Cabinet; Signs laws and Cabinet orders (along with other members of the Cabinet); Appoints all Cabinet ministers, and can dismiss them at any time; May permit legal action to be taken against Cabinet ministers; Must make reports on domestic and foreign relations to the Diet; Must report to the Diet upon demand to provide answers or explanations; May advise the Emperor to dissolve the Diet's House of Representatives; Presides over meetings of the Cabinet; Commander in chief of the Japanese Military; May override a court injunction against an administrative act upon showing of cause.
  • The National Legislature of Japan shall be called the National Diet and will consist of two houses: the Lower House shall be the called the House of Representatives and will consist of 466 or more members elections to this house will occur every 4 years or less; the Upper House shall be called the House of Councillors and shall consist of around 250 members elections to this house shall take place every 4 years or less.
  • The system of Prefectures shall remain but they will have non-partisan governors serve as their chief executives and non-partisan assemblies serve as their legislatures. 
  • A Supreme Court shall be established which shall have 14 justices including one Chief Justice, the Justices shall serve for life until they will be required to retire at the age of 70.
  • Political parties of any ideology shall be allowed to be formed just as they are here.
  • The Socialist Labor Party supports the last four points of the Former President's proposed plans for post-war Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kingthero said:
  • Unseat the current Tenno and find a loyal noblemen who is willing to carry on the tradition as the new emperor and who is willing to unite the people.
  • Establish the elected post of Prime Minister, he shall be elected to a maximum of two 4 year terms. He shall be the actual head of state while the Tenno is only allowed to hold a ceremonial office. We would like to be informed by the prime minister about possible unusual activities in his country as we intend to cooperate strongly
  • Establish a Senate and a House of Representative like in our country which is composed of two Senators and a certain amount of Representatives which represent their states.
  • Reorganize the Japanese prefectures into states with an elected Governor and Senates/Houses on state level
  • Establish a Supreme Court with nine justices appointed by the prime minister for life
  • Require the Japanese to ban all far-left and far-right parties which could emerge
  • The Japanese Army will be constitutionally prohibited from being used in any offensive war except if we ask them for help
  • We want to establish a healthy and strong bond with the Japanese, so we will aid them to rebuild their industry and we will aid them with strong trade agreements.
  • We would like to acquire at least one port city to turn it into a international hub of friendship and peace. Yokohama came to our mind.
  • We will put no civilians on trial but the most influential generals and noblemen should face justice for their crimes against their own people.
  • We would only back such a plan should the noblemen have sufficient support amongst the Japanese people. We don't want to put someone in power that the people dislike.
  • Liberals believe that there could be a distinction between Head of State, to be occupied by the Emperor, and a Head of Government, to be headed by the Prime Minister. Unusual activities? Don't we have enough going on here that we can trust a new ally to deal with it alone? I think we'd know if something was going downhill fast, I doubt that this is needed or necessary. 
  • Liberals respectfully ask that are such states even coordinated in Japan? We'd like to ask the Japanese what they'd prefer, and Liberals propose a crisp, new plan. A full Representative Lower Chamber which is to be proportionate to population. In Japan, there are likely far fewer states than in the US, so numbers would have to be adjusted there. We propose 2-5 Senators a state, depending on population. 
  • We agree with this, we just propose the Japanese to mostly create the lines for these states, as they know the nation better.
  • We would support bans on Fascist and Communistic parties from taking power. However, we would not block these people from voting for said party. The Emperor would be unable to give them the power to actually take government. They can choose to vote them into opposition, but not into government.
  • This, in terms of actually being in the Constitution is clunky, imagine if our Constitution had the words, "If Britain wants help, we have to help them." We propose that the Japanese are either entirely forbidden from offensive war, or can only join in defensive wars. 
  • We back these last three plans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:
  • We agree with this, we just propose the Japanese to mostly create the lines for these states, as they know the nation better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not intend to change the current prefecture borders. Prefectures will become the states according to my plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is realized Japan will contain 47 states. 

I could clear up more things as Former President but I am on mobile currently...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kingthero said:

This will likely need the new President to re-affirm it to pass.

Consider it wholeheartedly reaffirmed!

7 hours ago, Hestia11 said:
  • We would support bans on Fascist and Communistic parties from taking power. However, we would not block these people from voting for said party. The Emperor would be unable to give them the power to actually take government. They can choose to vote them into opposition, but not into government.
  • This, in terms of actually being in the Constitution is clunky, imagine if our Constitution had the words, "If Britain wants help, we have to help them." We propose that the Japanese are either entirely forbidden from offensive war, or can only join in defensive wars. 

The Conservative Party will adopt these two amendments with the rest of the plan as is if the Liberals would then support those terms in order to reach compromise.

23 hours ago, Kingthero said:

1. Tinker the military service count.

Our reserve army is to continue to be resettled, and we want our boys on the fast track of deoccupation, this will be achievable when the new Japanese Constitution is written and the Liberals agree to our peace terms.

23 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Propose up to three new policies.

The first is another go at the denationalization of shipping. We will continue to push for this as we believe it to be the morally correct option

The second is an Executive Order. That being that all Federal employees found possessing pornographic material are to be immediately suspended and investigated for potential termination.

And finally, we wish to deregulate the Housing Market by temporarily cutting taxes on its companies, deregulating its resource providers, and providing tax breaks to companies which will be serving our Veterans. We must do all we can to bolster the foundation of new American Families as our troops return home, find a girl, and get settled down to make this nation stronger domestically as they have internationally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Consider it wholeheartedly reaffirmed!

The Conservative Party will adopt these two amendments with the rest of the plan as is if the Liberals would then support those terms in order to reach compromise.

Our reserve army is to continue to be resettled, and we want our boys on the fast track of deoccupation, this will be achievable when the new Japanese Constitution is written and the Liberals agree to our peace terms.

The first is another go at the denationalization of shipping. We will continue to push for this as we believe it to be the morally correct option

The second is an Executive Order. That being that all Federal employees found possessing pornographic material are to be immediately suspended and investigated for potential termination.

And finally, we wish to deregulate the Housing Market by temporarily cutting taxes on its companies, deregulating its resource providers, and providing tax breaks to companies which will be serving our Veterans. We must do all we can to bolster the foundation of new American Families as our troops return home, find a girl, and get settled down to make this nation stronger domestically as they have internationally.

The Socialist Labor Party will vote against this umpteenth attempt to denationalize the shipping industry.

The Socialist Labor Party will vote against the deregulation of the Housing Market, taxes cuts for large corporations and deregulation of building resource providers, the President is making it clear that he does not give a damn about veterans as he is attempting to gut regulations that make American homes safe and secure and any regulations that would protect veterans from possibly being priced out of housing or being swindled by companies who provide housing and also seem to be intent on eradicating the budget surplus we have by giving handouts to large corporations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

The Socialist Labor Party will vote against this umpteenth attempt to denationalize the shipping industry.

The Socialist Labor Party will vote against the deregulation of the Housing Market, taxes cuts for large corporations and deregulation of building resource providers, the President is making it clear that he does not give a damn about veterans as he is attempting to gut regulations that make American homes safe and secure and any regulations that would protect veterans from possibly being priced out of housing or being swindled by companies who provide housing and also seem to be intent on eradicating the budget surplus we have by giving handouts to large corporations. 

We condemn the SLP for using such vulgar language against the Office of the Presidency and to impugn the motive of this Party and its honorable members of Congress. That is not to be tolerated.

Secondly, if you were to actually read the proposal, you would note that we did not deregulate safety standards, but rather restrictions on the ability of home resource-suppliers to harvest those resources for a temporary period of time in order to keep Housing prices low. We are almost certainly going to be running into a Housing Crisis after the war, any economist worth his bread would tell you that, we need to make sure the cornerstone of our societies, the nuclear family, is secure.

And secondly, the SLP is bringing back its favorite strawman, seemingly forgetting that the large, overwhelming majority of housing construction at this time is performed by locally owned contractors and builders. If we were to use Socialist logic, perhaps the Socialists really do dislike all forms of business, including the livelihoods of millions of the middle and working class families that the Conservative party wishes to give better opportunities and to enrich and give them parlance in the American Dream. We, of course, do not believe that this is what the SLP's leaders wish but we point out that this is the path of their politics and we warn them from continuing on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

We condemn the SLP for using such vulgar language against the Office of the Presidency and to impugn the motive of this Party and its honorable members of Congress. That is not to be tolerated.

Secondly, if you were to actually read the proposal, you would note that we did not deregulate safety standards, but rather restrictions on the ability of home resource-suppliers to harvest those resources for a temporary period of time in order to keep Housing prices low. We are almost certainly going to be running into a Housing Crisis after the war, any economist worth his bread would tell you that, we need to make sure the cornerstone of our societies, the nuclear family, is secure.

And secondly, the SLP is bringing back its favorite strawman, seemingly forgetting that the large, overwhelming majority of housing construction at this time is performed by locally owned contractors and builders. If we were to use Socialist logic, perhaps the Socialists really do dislike all forms of business, including the livelihoods of millions of the middle and working class families that the Conservative party wishes to give better opportunities and to enrich and give them parlance in the American Dream. We, of course, do not believe that this is what the SLP's leaders wish but we point out that this is the path of their politics and we warn them from continuing on it.

On the first point the party could have used much stronger language than that but we did not want to breach decorum too much.

On the second point we were not referring to safety regulations being cut were referring to the proposed deregulation of housing resource providers which could lead to companies using sub-par resources in order to keep costs low and inadvertently affecting the overall quality of buildings and structural integrity of them.

On the third point OOC: we don't have details provided to us about what technology level the country is at bar war tech unless someone can point me to it, the party will vote for tax cuts if the Conservatives can assure us that they will only go to small businesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Consider it wholeheartedly reaffirmed!

The Conservative Party will adopt these two amendments with the rest of the plan as is if the Liberals would then support those terms in order to reach compromise.

Our reserve army is to continue to be resettled, and we want our boys on the fast track of deoccupation, this will be achievable when the new Japanese Constitution is written and the Liberals agree to our peace terms.

The first is another go at the denationalization of shipping. We will continue to push for this as we believe it to be the morally correct option

The second is an Executive Order. That being that all Federal employees found possessing pornographic material are to be immediately suspended and investigated for potential termination.

And finally, we wish to deregulate the Housing Market by temporarily cutting taxes on its companies, deregulating its resource providers, and providing tax breaks to companies which will be serving our Veterans. We must do all we can to bolster the foundation of new American Families as our troops return home, find a girl, and get settled down to make this nation stronger domestically as they have internationally.

Conservatives should know that this bill won’t pass. They’re wasting our time, Liberals will take it down

Liberals object to specific proposals in the second bill but if they are satisfied we would support it. We don’t want the taxes cut too low on these companies, as usually these people are bigger companies. We agree with the tax breaks on veterans wholeheartedly.

We also support the final deal for Japanese peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Consider it wholeheartedly reaffirmed!

There is now a Department of Veteran's Affairs. It has a rocky start, but every day gets better and better.

 

Quote
  • Unseat the current Tenno and find a loyal noblemen who is willing to carry on the tradition as the new emperor and who is willing to unite the people.
  • Establish the elected post of Prime Minister, he shall be elected to a maximum of two 4 year terms. He shall be the actual head of state while the Tenno is only allowed to hold a ceremonial office. We would like to be informed by the prime minister about possible unusual activities in his country as we intend to cooperate strongly
  • Establish a Senate and a House of Representative like in our country which is composed of two Senators and a certain amount of Representatives which represent their states.
  • Reorganize the Japanese prefectures into states with an elected Governor and Senates/Houses on state level
  • Establish a Supreme Court with nine justices appointed by the prime minister for life
  • We ban Fascist and Communistic parties from taking power. However, we would not block these people from voting for said party. The Emperor would be unable to give them the power to actually take government. They can choose to vote them into opposition, but not into government.
  • The Japanese Army will be constitutionally prohibited from being used in any offensive war, and can only participate in defensive wars.
  • We want to establish a healthy and strong bond with the Japanese, so we will aid them to rebuild their industry and we will aid them with strong trade agreements.
  • We would like to acquire at least one port city to turn it into a international hub of friendship and peace. Yokohama came to our mind.
  • We will put no civilians on trial but the most influential generals and noblemen should face justice for their crimes against their own people.

This modified peace treaty passes Congress, and is officially up for the President to send to the Japanese via whatever method he chooses.

 

Quote

Our reserve army is to continue to be resettled, and we want our boys on the fast track of deoccupation, this will be achievable when the new Japanese Constitution is written and the Liberals agree to our peace terms.

I was more referring to the soldier count, but your increased focus on resettlement has helped these men get back to work.

 

Quote

The first is another go at the denationalization of shipping. We will continue to push for this as we believe it to be the morally correct option

This fails.

 

Quote

The second is an Executive Order. That being that all Federal employees found possessing pornographic material are to be immediately suspended and investigated for potential termination.

The Order is implemented with little controversy.

 

Quote

And finally, we wish to deregulate the Housing Market by temporarily cutting taxes on its companies, deregulating its resource providers, and providing tax breaks to companies which will be serving our Veterans. We must do all we can to bolster the foundation of new American Families as our troops return home, find a girl, and get settled down to make this nation stronger domestically as they have internationally.

After an insane battle in Congress, eventually the only thing that comes from this effort was tax cuts for veterans. The bill is up for signature.

 

@Reagan04 This will be the last turn before the election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kingthero said:

This modified peace treaty passes Congress, and is officially up for the President to send to the Japanese via whatever method he chooses.

I will make the first (that I know of) trip even taken by a President outside of the United States and personally travel to Tokyo to sign the Treaty with the Japanese face to face to ring in a new intimate partner on the world stage.

2 hours ago, Kingthero said:

After an insane battle in Congress, eventually the only thing that comes from this effort was tax cuts for veterans. The bill is up for signature.

I will, of course, sign this bill into law. But we warn that if more is not done, the Housing Market could still falter leaving our families with few options. But we will have to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gov. Swan of Minnesota announces her intention to run for the nomination of the Liberal Party in the next election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
State of the Union for Election of 1936
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: We rank 4th in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, Germany, Great Britain, United States, France, Mexico, Austria, Sweden, Spain, China.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 18,000 men and 50 ships, with a reserve army of 106,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: We officially at peace with Japan.

Military: Our military is semi-active. Some of our military is in Pacific Bases, while others are static. Reserves have been re-integrated.

Economy: The economy begins to grow exponentially.

Trade: We trade 25% with non-European powers, 17% with Britain, 15% with Germany, 20% with France, and 23% with other non-radical European powers. Trade has stagnated after immense growth.

Budget: Our budget is currently in a surplus, with 10% of our spending going to paying off our debt, aimed to be paid off by 1942. Our budget consists of the income of 34% taxes 44% tariff 8% overseas territories/canals and 12% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 65% military 10% gov. upkeep 15% infrastructure and 10% debt repayment.

Social Harmony: The country is still feeling the effects of the popular war, and is very united.

Immigration: Immigration surges after initial gradual growth.

Mood of the people: People are ecstatic; a growing economy, paired with a surge of unity or immigration, has led to fast-paced growth.

Party Power: Senate is Conservative, while the House is tied.

Popularity of the Incumbent: The president is average, ending midterms with a 52% approval rating and 24% disapproval rating.

____________________________________________

Name and office:

Age:

Party:

Resident state: 

VP nominee: 

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate:

Platform (see State of the Union):

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 12:50 AM, Kingthero said:
State of the Union for Election of 1936
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: We rank 4th in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, Germany, Great Britain, United States, France, Mexico, Austria, Sweden, Spain, China.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 18,000 men and 50 ships, with a reserve army of 106,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia, and Japan.

Foreign Affairs: We officially at peace with Japan.

Military: Our military is semi-active. Some of our military is in Pacific Bases, while others are static. Reserves have been re-integrated.

Economy: The economy begins to grow exponentially.

Trade: We trade 25% with non-European powers, 17% with Britain, 15% with Germany, 20% with France, and 23% with other non-radical European powers. Trade has stagnated after immense growth.

Budget: Our budget is currently in a surplus, with 10% of our spending going to paying off our debt, aimed to be paid off by 1942. Our budget consists of the income of 34% taxes 44% tariff 8% overseas territories/canals and 12% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 65% military 10% gov. upkeep 15% infrastructure and 10% debt repayment.

Social Harmony: The country is still feeling the effects of the popular war, and is very united.

Immigration: Immigration surges after initial gradual growth.

Mood of the people: People are ecstatic; a growing economy, paired with a surge of unity or immigration, has led to fast-paced growth.

Party Power: Senate is Conservative, while the House is tied.

Popularity of the Incumbent: The president is average, ending midterms with a 52% approval rating and 24% disapproval rating.

____________________________________________

Name and office:

Age:

Party:

Resident state: 

VP nominee: 

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate:

Platform (see State of the Union):

Name and office: Lloyd Thomas, Presbyterian minister (Essentially Norman Thomas).

 Race and gender, if other than white male: White Male.

Party: Socialist Labor Party.

Resident state: New York (Born in Ohio).

Platform (see State of the Union): 

National Strength: Aim to move up one or two ranks in the top 10 country rankings.

Military Strength: Maintain the military and navy at the troop and ship levels they are currently at if the budget allows for it. Maintain naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia and Japan if those territories consent to them being maintained, withdraw from them if consent is not given. 

Foreign Affairs: Enact a policy of strict neutrality only engage in warfare if we are attacked or for humanitarian reasons (Or in exceptional circumstances). Help the nations which are temporarily occupied after the war with Japan establish democratic governments. Give economic assistance to all the nations affected by the war whether they be friend or foe in the war so that they can rebuild their economies which should stop the forces of dangerous radicalism from either the anti-democratic far-right and far-left. The Socialist Labor Party pledges to support democracy, self-determination, free trade, and principles of non-aggression in American post-war foreign policy. Continue to support the League of Nations' development.

Military: Have the military and navy perform training exercises to be prepared for any other possible attacks or potential humanitarian intervention.

Economy: Attempt to have at least one state-owned company in each industry and encourage the creation of workers co-operatives. Establish a universal health care system and a social security system, institute heavy regulations on businesses whether they be publicly or privately owned, institute a national living wage. Create a state pension;  build tens of thousands of new houses; reconstitute abandoned and vacant buildings into housing facilities and other types of accommodation. Bring education into public ownership and make it free for all people from cradle to grave, put large investments into education. Put large investments into the science and culture sectors of the economy. 

Trade: Create free trade deals with nations if they agree to strict protections for workers and the natural resources of the nations involved 

Budget: A deficit is fine. Focus on how the government can make people's lives better.

Social Harmony: No comment.

Immigration: All immigrants are welcome as long as they have not committed serious crimes, repeal the Immigration Values and Assimilation Act of 1914. 

Mood of the people: No Comment. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: No comment.   

 

Party Power: Campaign vigorously against both the Liberal and Conservative Parties in both the Presidential Race and Congressional Races.

Extra: Repeal the ban on pornography that contains subjects which can consent.  

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate: The Socialist Labour Party's economic policies.

VP nominee: Herbert Nelson (WI).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will not run and endorse @Reagan04's character.

 

As VP choice I present General Arthur McNamara from OH (1880-1956), a highly-decorated general who served in the Japanese-American war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Name and office: Gov. Patricia Swan

Age: 46

Party: Liberal

Resident state: Minnesota 

VP nominee: Sen. Robert Ericksen (L-SC)

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate: Free Trade with Mexico and Canada/Infrastructure Plan

Platform (see State of the Union):

National Strength: Aim to boost ourselves up a spot or two, but essentially it isn't a big concern.

Military Strength: Perfect our bases in Japan, and focus on creating a healthy environment in Japan. For now, the American military will need to patrol much of the island until we can trust the Japanese to take it over for themselves. We would like to set a target date of five-six years for the Japanese to take over the general policing of the islands. Call up a few thousand reserves to help in this, but not an over abundance.

Foreign Affairs: Revamp our foreign policy with drives aimed at forging alliances with our partners here in the Western Hemisphere, notably Canada, Mexico and Brazil. Prepare to deliver a speech that colonialism in the Americas has largely come to its natural end and our continents stand strong. Work closely with the new Japanese administration to give a carefully executed handover of power. Perhaps in that five or six years, I can visit the islands and officially hand over policing power to the Japanese. I would love to take off in a year or two to try and hammer out a free trade deal with Canada and Mexico. 

Military: Just keep patrolling Japan for now until we can set up a local police force.

Economy: We are excited at the rate that our economy is moving and pledge to keep it moving that way. Liberals will find ways to grow it even more, by forging new deals with Mexico and Canada, which can help the already booming economy. The Former President and a Liberal Congress were necessary parts in this, as was the war in Japan. We need to prepare to have veterans returning for jobs, and the slowdown that comes after wars. To create new jobs, we will attempt a comprehensive infrastructure plan to send through Congress to build a road and train system throughout our great nation, as well as working with Canadian officials to create a railway that goes from Alaska, through British Columbia, down through Washington and Oregon, and into California. This can bring necessary jobs to the American labor force. Liberals will show they stand for the American worker and American business by offering businesses tax breaks if they would agree to participate in this plan. We anticipate we will have many offers from esteemed companies. 

Trade: We trade a lot with Europe for not being on the European continent. I call for a diversification of our trade with our closest neighbors in the Americas. 

Budget: We need to do all we can to keep this surplus going. If we can do that, we can do many projects for the American people, and the plan I outlined in the economy section will be the key to growing our economy, and our surplus. We need to plan for an eventual settling down of this.

Social Harmony: We are ecstatic that our people are feeling more united than ever, but there is still a lot of work to do. Luckily, Liberal administration is ready for the tough work ahead, and we will keep our economy humming.

Immigration: Immigrants have seen the greatness of our nation and are welcome to live here.

Mood of the people: We are glad the people are happy. 

Party Power: Use rallies and other local events to bolster Liberals down-ballot. While Conservatives have been willing to work with us, we have to prepare for times when that won't be the case.

Popularity of the Incumbent: We will largely skirt the questions on the President, as we respected the Former President. The new President hasn't had much time in administration, but we do critique the fact that he wasn't willing to come to bipartisan solutions like his predecessor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:

Name and office: Gov. Patricia Swan

Age: 46

Party: Liberal

Resident state: Minnesota 

VP nominee: Sen. Robert Ericksen (L-SC)

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate: Free Trade with Mexico and Canada/Infrastructure Plan

Platform (see State of the Union):

National Strength: Aim to boost ourselves up a spot or two, but essentially it isn't a big concern.

Military Strength: Perfect our bases in Japan, and focus on creating a healthy environment in Japan. For now, the American military will need to patrol much of the island until we can trust the Japanese to take it over for themselves. We would like to set a target date of five-six years for the Japanese to take over the general policing of the islands. Call up a few thousand reserves to help in this, but not an over abundance.

Foreign Affairs: Revamp our foreign policy with drives aimed at forging alliances with our partners here in the Western Hemisphere, notably Canada, Mexico and Brazil. Prepare to deliver a speech that colonialism in the Americas has largely come to its natural end and our continents stand strong. Work closely with the new Japanese administration to give a carefully executed handover of power. Perhaps in that five or six years, I can visit the islands and officially hand over policing power to the Japanese. I would love to take off in a year or two to try and hammer out a free trade deal with Canada and Mexico. 

Military: Just keep patrolling Japan for now until we can set up a local police force.

Economy: We are excited at the rate that our economy is moving and pledge to keep it moving that way. Liberals will find ways to grow it even more, by forging new deals with Mexico and Canada, which can help the already booming economy. The Former President and a Liberal Congress were necessary parts in this, as was the war in Japan. We need to prepare to have veterans returning for jobs, and the slowdown that comes after wars. To create new jobs, we will attempt a comprehensive infrastructure plan to send through Congress to build a road and train system throughout our great nation, as well as working with Canadian officials to create a railway that goes from Alaska, through British Columbia, down through Washington and Oregon, and into California. This can bring necessary jobs to the American labor force. Liberals will show they stand for the American worker and American business by offering businesses tax breaks if they would agree to participate in this plan. We anticipate we will have many offers from esteemed companies. 

Trade: We trade a lot with Europe for not being on the European continent. I call for a diversification of our trade with our closest neighbors in the Americas. 

Budget: We need to do all we can to keep this surplus going. If we can do that, we can do many projects for the American people, and the plan I outlined in the economy section will be the key to growing our economy, and our surplus. We need to plan for an eventual settling down of this.

Social Harmony: We are ecstatic that our people are feeling more united than ever, but there is still a lot of work to do. Luckily, Liberal administration is ready for the tough work ahead, and we will keep our economy humming.

Immigration: Immigrants have seen the greatness of our nation and are welcome to live here.

Mood of the people: We are glad the people are happy. 

Party Power: Use rallies and other local events to bolster Liberals down-ballot. While Conservatives have been willing to work with us, we have to prepare for times when that won't be the case.

Popularity of the Incumbent: We will largely skirt the questions on the President, as we respected the Former President. The new President hasn't had much time in administration, but we do critique the fact that he wasn't willing to come to bipartisan solutions like his predecessor. 

The Socialist Labor Party praises this Liberal candidate's proposal of an infrastructure plan and promises to implement something similar if the Socialist Labor Candidate is elected as well as support it in Congress if this Liberal candidate wins the Presidency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MBDemSoc

 

What I don't get is that you seem to be appealing to a wider range of voters when you address situations, but your platform is always the exact same. So like, your numbers seem to grow, but then sink back down again because of a re-run platform. I've seen multiple cases where your replies seemingly have been pushing your party more popular, however the platform is always blunting the growth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

@MBDemSoc

 

What I don't get is that you seem to be appealing to a wider range of voters when you address situations, but your platform is always the exact same. So like, your numbers seem to grow, but then sink back down again because of a re-run platform. I've seen multiple cases where your replies seemingly have been pushing your party more popular, however the platform is always blunting the growth.

I'm just trying to be consistent, But I can make the platforms more focused from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MBDemSoc said:

I'm just trying to be consistent, But I can make the platforms more focused from now on.

Also it can be difficult to remember how much of a socialist / social democratic economy is in place in the RP world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 1:43 AM, MBDemSoc said:

Name and office: Lloyd Thomas, Presbyterian minister (Essentially Norman Thomas).

 Race and gender, if other than white male: White Male.

Party: Socialist Labor Party.

Resident state: New York (Born in Ohio).

Platform (see State of the Union): 

National Strength: Aim to move up one or two ranks in the top 10 country rankings.

Military Strength: Maintain the military and navy at the troop and ship levels they are currently at if the budget allows for it. Maintain naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, Panama, St. Pierre and Miquelon, American Polynesia and Japan if those territories consent to them being maintained, withdraw from them if consent is not given. 

Foreign Affairs: Enact a policy of strict neutrality only engage in warfare if we are attacked or for humanitarian reasons (Or in exceptional circumstances). Help the nations which are temporarily occupied after the war with Japan establish democratic governments. Give economic assistance to all the nations affected by the war whether they be friend or foe in the war so that they can rebuild their economies which should stop the forces of dangerous radicalism from either the anti-democratic far-right and far-left. The Socialist Labor Party pledges to support democracy, self-determination, free trade, and principles of non-aggression in American post-war foreign policy. Continue to support the League of Nations' development.

Military: Have the military and navy perform training exercises to be prepared for any other possible attacks or potential humanitarian intervention.

Economy: Attempt to have at least one state-owned company in each industry and encourage the creation of workers co-operatives. Establish a universal health care system and a social security system, institute heavy regulations on businesses whether they be publicly or privately owned, institute a national living wage. Create a state pension;  build tens of thousands of new houses; reconstitute abandoned and vacant buildings into housing facilities and other types of accommodation. Bring education into public ownership and make it free for all people from cradle to grave, put large investments into education. Put large investments into the science and culture sectors of the economy. 

Trade: Create free trade deals with nations if they agree to strict protections for workers and the natural resources of the nations involved 

Budget: A deficit is fine. Focus on how the government can make people's lives better.

Social Harmony: No comment.

Immigration: All immigrants are welcome as long as they have not committed serious crimes, repeal the Immigration Values and Assimilation Act of 1914. 

Mood of the people: No Comment. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: No comment.   

 

Party Power: Campaign vigorously against both the Liberal and Conservative Parties in both the Presidential Race and Congressional Races.

Extra: Repeal the ban on pornography that contains subjects which can consent.  

Key Issue to Defend in Theoretical Debate: The Socialist Labour Party's economic policies.

VP nominee: Herbert Nelson (WI).

Economy section of the platform is now more focused, it is focused on guaranteeing the right to an education; to housing; to an adequate standard of living; to health and to science and culture. The Soc Lab Party is still in favour of the economic policies from previous Soc Lab Platforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×