Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

New Historical President RP

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Ill answer this later, but note that Progress rolled a 1 on a 1-100 number gen and i used the excuse they swithed liberal. Also VCC completely changed the progress platform where it should be dissolved.

 

If we redo this election, then lets redo Liberty. That was real bullshit and reagan and I never whined about it.

Liberty had a reason, and I stood against Liberty at that point as well, and you didn't see me complain. Progress wasn't supposed to be Liberal or Conservative, but I didn't complain when you lined up against me every administration I had. I never had more than 30% Congress when I was in power, but every time a Conservative is in power they have 40-50% of support. It's bullshit that one party gets 70% of Congress when in your own words "parties were only going to grow by a small margin". It's downright dumb that Progress has no senators left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hestia11 @vcczar

 

Wait, I gave 0% senate? I meant 10%, ill fix that even though progress was dissolved.

 

In all fairness, Quincy and the previous Liberal President were great. The only reason you didn’t reach a majority was super shitty luck; also i ran only 3 elections with a new-ish system so I was tinkering numbers.

 

Midterms will likely resurge, think of this time around as a tea party esq surge year.

 

I implemented midterms for a reason, and I hope to see this taken advantage of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kingthero said:

@Hestia11 @vcczar

 

Wait, I gave 0% senate? I meant 10%, ill fix that even though progress was dissolved.

 

In all fairness, Quincy and the previous Liberal President were great. The only reason you didn’t reach a majority was super shitty luck; also i ran only 3 elections with a new-ish system so I was tinkering numbers.

 

Midterms will likely resurge, think of this time around as a tea party esq surge year.

Ok, I'll reserve further comment for later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am at work too so I will reread what everyone said too. 

 

also @MBDemSoc you all have 8 and progress has 12 house %. I typed in the wrong numbers. Ill repost the election later

 

@vcczar @Hestia11

 

I messed up the house/senate numbers somehow, will be fixing those in 4-5 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main election numbers were right, however one typo in the calculator gave the conservatives 15 extra house and 15 extra senate. 

 

I apologize sincerely for overlooking this.

 

For the future, question the numbers before the gm; I seriously thought you all were talkin the main election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

The main election numbers were right, however one typo in the calculator gave the conservatives 15 extra house and 15 extra senate. 

 

I apologize sincerely for overlooking this.

 

For the future, question the numbers before the gm; I seriously thought you all were talkin the main election.

It's alright, thanks for clearing it up though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Socialist Labor Representative Eric V. Dobs accepts the election results as valid, and promises that the Conservative Party will face significant backlash in the midterms following true implementation of horrid policy. He does however proclaim that he will be retiring from elected politics once he has finished the remainder of his term, and will instead be serving as the president of the Italian Cooperation Organization, which aims to further economic and cultural ties between the United States and Italy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Professor Alec Benson of Northwestern University is ecstatic at his victory to the House of Representatives, representing his home state of which he has been active in Socialist Labor circles of since his youth. Representative-Elect Benson is a fierce speaker with little room for compromise, and has argued for over a decade that we must have stronger ties with the Italian government to prevent their destabilization and fall to communism. Additionally, Benson pushes for a national workers registry, and for unemployment and labor statistics to be reported to the federal government so that intervention programs can be created to boost unemployment if we are to hit recession levels once more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1912 Election (With Fixed Congress and Commentary)

Welcome to the election of 1912! For the first time since Liberty half a century ago, it seems that this race will be a landslide, regardless of the Progress-Liberal merger, which has more hurt Progress and the Liberals more than helped due to the shift of the platform. A supermajority of Americans are pro-intervention, so pulling an anti-intervention platform together was a bad move. The Conservative candidate had a few weak points during his term, but no candidate succeeded in pushing those points forward, especially when they made gaffes of their own. 

 

Primaries

There were no significant primaries. 

 

General Election Round 1

Rodgers/Hillsbury (Con) 454 EV 67% PV [All States but the ones below.]

Farnsworth/Spring (Lib) 77 EV 31% PV [UT, SD, IL, AL, GA, SC, NH]

Weaver/Smith (Soc) 0 EV 2% PV

 

RP Note: This election is very important because it is the first landslide in around half a century. The Conservatives used the economy, their opponent's weaknesses, and the accomplishments of the past to put together a solid platform that would even dull their most extreme beliefs. Liberals had a few holdout States, most key being Illinois where the difference between the Conservative vote in pre-election polling so was close that Socialist voters voted Liberal just so they could push them over the edge. The lack of support in the West is directly attributed to the Progress Party's radical shift towards liberalism, losing many of their pro-intervention and anti-big government voters. The Liberal Party's radical shift to being anti-intervention lost them many of their business voters, as the arms industry and the profit off of intervention is high. Labor issues have seemed to have quelled down where even wage workers are voting conservative because of the economy being good for them.

 

Also, as the South is much more industrialized than before, and the fact that race is not been an issue, Southern voters both white and black alike have begun to vote Conservative. The deeper the south, the more reluctant they are to switch however.

 

Congress

Conservatives 55% Senate 45% US Rep

Liberal 35% Senate 35% US Rep

Progress 10% Senate 12% US Rep

Socialists 0% Senate 8% US Rep

RP Note: While Conservatives have swept a majority in the Senate, and a plurality in the House, a lot of these members are moderates. The Liberal Senate is also pro-intervention for the most part, as they are holding on to the values of their Party. The election merger cost Progress some of their Senate seats, and has a house representation similar to the socialists.

 

Official RP Note

 

The Congress issue was my mistake with the calculator, and it was lacking of me to write the commentary without second guessing myself. However, the landslide in the GE is real. 

 

In the future, I will be double checking the calculator to make sure it is right.

 

Normally I am good at this, but since it wasn't my idea and I still use a lot of VCC's general plans I'm just adapting into this mix of both tastes.

 

@Reagan04 stuff in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

State of the Union after the Election of 1912

 

National Strength: We rank 4th in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, Great Britain, Germany,  United States, Japan, Mexico, Italy, France, Austria, Mexico, Canada. Mexican coups, along with a growing economy, have led to our rise.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 60,000 men and 58 ships, with a reserve army of 120,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, and Panama. We are currently occupying French Polynesia and St Pierre and Miquelon.

Foreign Affairs: We are currently supporting the Republican/Monarchist faction in the Mexican coup. The current stance of the Mexican Civil War is 38% R/M 37% RCT/F and 25% C

Military: Our military is semi-active. Our navy patrols our naval bases, and a small portion of our navy and army are occupying French Polynesia and St. Pierre and Miquelon. 

Economy: The economy is continuing in a state of growth, and has finally caught up to the top 3 European powers due to this.

Trade: Our trade is stagnant among third world nations, and surprisingly our private industries have maintained trade with Britain regardless of tariffs, and German trade is about the same. Trade with non-radical European countries has slightly improved.

Budget: Our budget is currently balanced, with a solid 15% of our spending going to paying off our debt, aimed to be paid off by 1924. Our budget consists of the income of 27% taxes 34% tariff 27% overseas territories/canals and 12% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 45% military 10% gov. upkeep 15% infrastructure 15% disaster aid and 15% debt repayment.

Social Harmony: The country is basically united, as multiple successes have cast a shadow over the country's problems.

Immigration: Our immigration has slowed down, but is still at a level that puts us as the number one country accepting immigrants.

Mood of the people: The mood of the people is greatly satisfied.

Party Power: Conservatives have a lead, but moderate conservatives could block certain laws.

 

Events and Decisions for March 1913 - March 1917 for Pres. Rodgers @Reagan04

1) Oil Expansion

Originally, oil was used more for lighting than anything else. However, with the rise of fuel, oil has been more and more valuable. However, the industry faces one major weakness: it is monopolized by a company called Basic Oil. Consumers and small businesses alike are calling the President to sponsor laws to break up monopolies enough where competition is fair.

2) French Settlements

The French Communists have officially surrendered to the French Monarchists. They hold their end of the deal, and cede us the territories of French Polynesia and St. Pierre and Miquelon. Now, it is up to the President to decide what to do with these territories. Build military bases? Build infrastructure for mass settlement/tourism?

 

@vcczar Which European countries were democracies and which were republics?

3) Wage Crisis

The economy has slowed down its boom, but that is mainly due to the global economy entering a recession. The U.S. has kept growing mainly due to the automobile and arms industries, stable export industries. However, a recent study published by the LASP (Labor Action Support Program) has been released that states that since the beginning of the 20th century, business profits have gone up by triple the amount that wages have gone up. Laborers are mad at the clear abuse of their wages, and demand the Whitehouse do something about it.

4) Income Taxes

As an additional response to the rise of the rich, many laborers are asking that the Government at least tax the income of the rich so that the income could be used for other resources.

5) Formalizing the Federal Reserve

Ever since the dawn of the United States, various banking methods have been used to keep the economy afloat during rough times. Will you formalize these methods into a singular Federal Reserve, or do you wish that the Reserve not exist?

6) Asian Discrimination

In States like California and Oregon, some employers have recently been denying Asian citizens certain rights, such as premium seating at restaurants, hotel room choices, etc. Asian Citizens are pressing the President to pass anti-discrimination laws, as the California Conservative Governor refuses to sign any anti-discrimination legislation.

7) Mexican Coup Progress

The current stance of the Mexican Civil War is 38% R/M 37% RCT/F and 25% C. Communists have been gaining on the east coast, probably due to French communist refugees. The process to give arms to the R/M side is offered on the table.

😎 Immigration Tests

A key point of your campaign was passing various Immigration Tests. What are these tests, and what shall they include?

9) Denationalization

Another part of your campaign was finishing the denationalization. However, the export shipping industry needs regulations to make sure free trade is enforced. 

10) Free

Anything not included here you wish to implement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingthero said:

@vcczar Which European countries were democracies and which were republics?

It's up to you. I disown the RP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if Dodge had decided to run? If PI has anything to say about it it's that Dodge could have significantly reduced the extent of the Conservative Landslide, both in the Presidential election and down the ballot. The merger proved an unwise decision for the two parties. 

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

What if Dodge had decided to run? If PI has anything to say about it it's that Dodge could have significantly reduced the extent of the Conservative Landslide, both in the Presidential election and down the ballot. The merger proved an unwise decision for the two parties. 

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

It wasn't an unwise decision. The reaction to the decisions was completely unrealistic. It was treated as if the Progress Party voters were suppressed from voting in the West. Those 25.9% of the voters would have overwhelming voted for the Liberal Party, which embraced the major tenants of the Progress Party Platform of 1912. It's mathematically improbable that the dice would have rolled that many Western states to the Conservative Party, which didn't have a platform catered specifically to their demographic.To me this RP is dead until the 1912 election is redone. As that probably isn't going to happen, I disown the RP. Obviously, everyone else can carry on. I don't think I can get past the Western Voter Suppression of 1912. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kingthero said:

State of the Union after the Election of 1912

 

National Strength: We rank 4th in the list of the top 10 countries: Russia, Great Britain, Germany,  United States, Japan, Mexico, Italy, France, Austria, Mexico, Canada. Mexican coups, along with a growing economy, have led to our rise.

Military Strength: Our professional army is 60,000 men and 58 ships, with a reserve army of 120,000 men solely for defense. We have naval bases in Hawaii, Cuba, and Panama. We are currently occupying French Polynesia and St Pierre and Miquelon.

Foreign Affairs: We are currently supporting the Republican/Monarchist faction in the Mexican coup. The current stance of the Mexican Civil War is 38% R/M 37% RCT/F and 25% C

Military: Our military is semi-active. Our navy patrols our naval bases, and a small portion of our navy and army are occupying French Polynesia and St. Pierre and Miquelon. 

Economy: The economy is continuing in a state of growth, and has finally caught up to the top 3 European powers due to this.

Trade: Our trade is stagnant among third world nations, and surprisingly our private industries have maintained trade with Britain regardless of tariffs, and German trade is about the same. Trade with non-radical European countries has slightly improved.

Budget: Our budget is currently balanced, with a solid 15% of our spending going to paying off our debt, aimed to be paid off by 1924. Our budget consists of the income of 27% taxes 34% tariff 27% overseas territories/canals and 12% nationalized industries, and the expenditure of 45% military 10% gov. upkeep 15% infrastructure 15% disaster aid and 15% debt repayment.

Social Harmony: The country is basically united, as multiple successes have cast a shadow over the country's problems.

Immigration: Our immigration has slowed down, but is still at a level that puts us as the number one country accepting immigrants.

Mood of the people: The mood of the people is greatly satisfied.

Party Power: Conservatives have a lead, but moderate conservatives could block certain laws.

 

Events and Decisions for March 1913 - March 1917 for Pres. Rodgers @Reagan04

1) Oil Expansion

Originally, oil was used more for lighting than anything else. However, with the rise of fuel, oil has been more and more valuable. However, the industry faces one major weakness: it is monopolized by a company called Basic Oil. Consumers and small businesses alike are calling the President to sponsor laws to break up monopolies enough where competition is fair.

2) French Settlements

The French Communists have officially surrendered to the French Monarchists. They hold their end of the deal, and cede us the territories of French Polynesia and St. Pierre and Miquelon. Now, it is up to the President to decide what to do with these territories. Build military bases? Build infrastructure for mass settlement/tourism?

 

@vcczar Which European countries were democracies and which were republics?

3) Wage Crisis

The economy has slowed down its boom, but that is mainly due to the global economy entering a recession. The U.S. has kept growing mainly due to the automobile and arms industries, stable export industries. However, a recent study published by the LASP (Labor Action Support Program) has been released that states that since the beginning of the 20th century, business profits have gone up by triple the amount that wages have gone up. Laborers are mad at the clear abuse of their wages, and demand the Whitehouse do something about it.

4) Income Taxes

As an additional response to the rise of the rich, many laborers are asking that the Government at least tax the income of the rich so that the income could be used for other resources.

5) Formalizing the Federal Reserve

Ever since the dawn of the United States, various banking methods have been used to keep the economy afloat during rough times. Will you formalize these methods into a singular Federal Reserve, or do you wish that the Reserve not exist?

6) Asian Discrimination

In States like California and Oregon, some employers have recently been denying Asian citizens certain rights, such as premium seating at restaurants, hotel room choices, etc. Asian Citizens are pressing the President to pass anti-discrimination laws, as the California Conservative Governor refuses to sign any anti-discrimination legislation.

7) Mexican Coup Progress

The current stance of the Mexican Civil War is 38% R/M 37% RCT/F and 25% C. Communists have been gaining on the east coast, probably due to French communist refugees. The process to give arms to the R/M side is offered on the table.

😎 Immigration Tests

A key point of your campaign was passing various Immigration Tests. What are these tests, and what shall they include?

9) Denationalization

Another part of your campaign was finishing the denationalization. However, the export shipping industry needs regulations to make sure free trade is enforced. 

10) Free

Anything not included here you wish to implement?

1) Here is the deal. The Free Market is not free unless there is competition! We have authored the Rodgers Anti-Trust Act of 1913 and are prepared to send it to Congress. The Rodgers Act makes monopolization and anti-Free Market unilateral movements to destroy competition illegal and allows the Attorney General to prosecute such a crime before the Supreme Court. If and when this law is passed I will order a fullscale investigation through the joint effort of our economic advisors in the Department of Treasury and our legal advisors in the Department of Justice into whether or not Basic Oil would break the "rule of reason" doctrine. I wish to go down in history as a President who stood for the Free Market. The Government has very little to do with the economy, but in that small window is facilitating competition and giving people like Basic Oil a reason to make their product available and cheap enough for people to buy Oil. Once this has been sent through Congress and the investigation completed, we will press charges, or not. (IRL, they did and the government won) Oil, I believe can be a match to relight our economic boom, but we cannot allow ourselves to put all of our industrial eggs into one trust basket, we cannot allow one misstep to quench the fire in our economy. This administration is for true, unbridled, and unregulated Free Market Capitalism, and we will always stand against Crony Capitalism, a bastardization of our founding economic structure.

2) The case of St. Pierre and Miquelon is easy, that is to be most certainly a military base, it is in no way a tourist attraction and will be a valuable asset in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. French Polynesia however, should become a territory of the United States, to be renamed American Polynesia and as there are many islands, military bases will be built intermittently while some of the scenic beaches might prove to be tourist spots for the mega-rich to add to our coffers in the coming years, something to mull over for certain. But our primary focus should be the military aspect of this as well as formalizing American Polynesia. Secondly, we would like to set up a conference with the new Government of France to negotiate favorable Trade deals and better relations with the newly reformed nation which we greatly assisted in its quest for regaining itself.

3) It would be unconstitutional for the Federal Government to institute a Minimum Wage or anything of that nature, and it would be severely detrimental to all people. That being said, I do greatly identify with the plight of the employer and employee, we must recognize and acknowledge the right of the employer and employee to bargain for wages, this is a part of the competition of the Job Market. But I believe that this highlights an important piece of data, wages grew rapidly, and yes, business profit grew astronomically, rapid wage growth is a good thing, and it's spin to suggest that people making more money should be mad because another guy is making more money, but faster. This White House is about growth, growth for all people, I know my Laisezz-Faire strategy is working when I hear that wages are growing and that the economy is more prosperous than ever before. That being, I would like to propose the Stable Wage Growth Act of 1913, it will grant tax credits to any company which pledges to, and upholds, a plan to continually increase wages as long as that company's profits have been growing accordingly. This is the best way to incentivize faster wage growth, the government should have no more than a mild touch.

4) I stand firmly against this idea, an Income Tax is not something that should be considered, it is little more than highway robbery, our current taxation is reconcilable with growth and government expenditures and I see no need to expand the constitutional authority of Big Government into taking more money away from Americans.

5) Absolutely not, Article I Section 8 states that the Congress and U.S. Government shall only have the ability to print money and determine our currency. I will not allow a private entity to hold a trust-like monopoly and superiority to other banks and hold our own government hostage with our own currency. I stand against a Central Bank, especially a private one.

6) This is in no way, shape, nor form, the business of the Federal Government. I, as a Christian, oppose discrimination, but this government has not the power to force a business owner to engage in a contract with a person with whom he does not want to engage. This is a Constitutional Right as I see in under the 1st Amendment's Right to Association. As such, this government will reaffirm the right to association and thereby disassociation under the Constitution in the field of service.

7) Absolutely, we must shift all military effort we used in trading arms with the French rebels, and funnel that to the Mexican Rebels. We will begin to interlink our gigantic, world-class arms industry with our preferred forces in Mexico to push the Communists and Fascists back to the Southeastern portion of the nation and eventually force them to fall back into Latin America. After that, we will perform the same influence over France in Mexico. Our plan is for widescale American influence and I believe an opened market with Mexico will greatly benefit not only the West but the entire nation. As for French Communists, we should attempt to prevent them from emboldening the Mexican Communists in any way possible via interception. They are fighting for an enemy.

8)We have crafted the Immigrant Values and Assimilation Act of 1914. This Act imposes one simple test: The Values and Assimilation Test. This test includes two major Parts. Part 1 is the Values portion; requiring them to pass a simple ideology test consisting of two major factors for acceptable ideology in the American Mainstream. First being that they vow to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and can properly identify why it is important, nothing too extremely major, the test taking is for citizenship later, but an immigrant should be able to recognize the importance of the Constitution. The second section of Part 1 of this test has them screened for possible activities and beliefs related to one of the four radical ideologies which have caused trouble for America in the past: Communism, Anarchism, Socialism, and Fascism. Part 2 is the Assimilation portion, this will assess the ability of the immigrant to assimilate into American culture as well as willingness to learn English, Immigrants will be enrolled in English and Civics classes requisite for Citizenship and full Assimilation. The IVAA of 1914 is here to defend American values and protect the American way of life from those who would seek to destroy it and I hope it receives much support in Congress.

9) First thing is first, we submit the International Shipping Privatization Act of 1914 to Congress which denationalizes the shipping industry.  In the way of regulations, the ISPA will include a clause that requires the now private industry to comply with the Trade Deals made by the United States Government. This is to ensure the enforcement of American global economic interests and to ensure a unified movement towards a Freer Market. 

10) Most of my extra agenda was implemented in my first term, there is, however, one last thing I'd like to accomplish seeing the mandate I received in the last election. It is my goal to pass the Educational Values Act of 1914. Unlike DAVAPRIA, this takes a tempered and more constitutionally clear approach to defending our values. This act would give grants to schools that allow student-led prayer, teach children about the Bill of Rights and enforce our Capitalist society as well as discuss why Fascism, Socialism, Anarchism, Communism, and Secular Humanism are diametrically opposed with the American way of being. The new bill is much more compatible with the private American education system and is a strong way for the government to assist the private effort to keep our future bright and shining as an example of a new American generation.

One other thing I'd like to bring up is the Right to Business Amendment. Let's be clear about what the RtB does, it enshrines in the Constitution the "Right of the private citizen to conduct in contracts and businesses free from government ownership and undue regulation which stifles the ability of the private citizen to conduct and participate in those contracts and business."

We were delivered a strong Conservative Mandate and presented tempered Conservative, and Constitutional Reforms to Congress, let's hope that Congress recognizes the will of the people without devolving into a mindless state of obstruction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congress (Liberals have control over the remaining Progress Congress)

 

@Hestia11 @MBDemSoc 

 

Rodgers Anti-Trust Act of 1913: Breaks up monopolies that pose a threat to the free market. Allows Government to sue companies deemed monopolistic.

 

Stable Wage Growth Act of 1913: Gives tax credits to companies that re-allocate wages with an increase of profit.

 

Immigrant Values and Assimilation Act of 1914: "This Act imposes one simple test: The Values and Assimilation Test. This test includes two major Parts. Part 1 is the Values portion; requiring them to pass a simple ideology test consisting of two major factors for acceptable ideology in the American Mainstream. First being that they vow to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and can properly identify why it is important, nothing too extremely major, the test taking is for citizenship later, but an immigrant should be able to recognize the importance of the Constitution. The second section of Part 1 of this test has them screened for possible activities and beliefs related to one of the four radical ideologies which have caused trouble for America in the past: Communism, Anarchism, Socialism, and Fascism. Part 2 is the Assimilation portion, this will assess the ability of the immigrant to assimilate into American culture as well as willingness to learn English, Immigrants will be enrolled in English and Civics classes requisite for Citizenship and full Assimilation."

 

International Shipping Privatization Act of 1914: Denationalizes the international shipping industry, the last nationalized industry, but implements laws where they must comply with U.S. trade deals.

 

Education Values Act of 1914: "Unlike DAVAPRIA, this takes a tempered and more constitutionally clear approach to defending our values. This act would give grants to schools that allow student-led prayer, teach children about the Bill of Rights and enforce our Capitalist society as well as discuss why Fascism, Socialism, Anarchism, Communism, and Secular Humanism are diametrically opposed with the American way of being. The new bill is much more compatible with the private American education system and is a strong way for the government to assist the private effort to keep our future bright and shining as an example of a new American generation."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there are multiple people in a party, and you have a differing view from a party leader, you can say it here too. I just ping those that I assume are party leaders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Congress (Liberals have control over the remaining Progress Congress)

 

@Hestia11 @MBDemSoc 

 

Rodgers Anti-Trust Act of 1913: Breaks up monopolies that pose a threat to the free market. Allows Government to sue companies deemed monopolistic.

 

Stable Wage Growth Act of 1913: Gives tax credits to companies that re-allocate wages with an increase of profit.

 

Immigrant Values and Assimilation Act of 1914: "This Act imposes one simple test: The Values and Assimilation Test. This test includes two major Parts. Part 1 is the Values portion; requiring them to pass a simple ideology test consisting of two major factors for acceptable ideology in the American Mainstream. First being that they vow to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and can properly identify why it is important, nothing too extremely major, the test taking is for citizenship later, but an immigrant should be able to recognize the importance of the Constitution. The second section of Part 1 of this test has them screened for possible activities and beliefs related to one of the four radical ideologies which have caused trouble for America in the past: Communism, Anarchism, Socialism, and Fascism. Part 2 is the Assimilation portion, this will assess the ability of the immigrant to assimilate into American culture as well as willingness to learn English, Immigrants will be enrolled in English and Civics classes requisite for Citizenship and full Assimilation."

 

International Shipping Privatization Act of 1914: Denationalizes the international shipping industry, the last nationalized industry, but implements laws where they must comply with U.S. trade deals.

 

Education Values Act of 1914: "Unlike DAVAPRIA, this takes a tempered and more constitutionally clear approach to defending our values. This act would give grants to schools that allow student-led prayer, teach children about the Bill of Rights and enforce our Capitalist society as well as discuss why Fascism, Socialism, Anarchism, Communism, and Secular Humanism are diametrically opposed with the American way of being. The new bill is much more compatible with the private American education system and is a strong way for the government to assist the private effort to keep our future bright and shining as an example of a new American generation."

 

1

Rodgers Anti-Trust Act of 1913: The Socialist Labor Party will vote for this legislation.

Stable Wage Growth Act of 1913: The Socialist Labor Party will vote for this legislation.

Immigrant Values and Assimilation Act of 1914: The Socialist Labor Party will vote against this legislation.

International Shipping Privatization Act of 1914: The Socialist Labor Party will vote against this legislation.

Education Values Act of 1914: The Socialist Labor Party will vote against this legislation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

Rodgers Anti-Trust Act of 1913: The Socialist Labor Party will vote for this legislation.

Stable Wage Growth Act of 1913: The Socialist Labor Party will vote for this legislation.

Immigrant Values and Assimilation Act of 1914: The Socialist Labor Party will vote against this legislation.

International Shipping Privatization Act of 1914: The Socialist Labor Party will vote against this legislation.

Education Values Act of 1914: The Socialist Labor Party will vote against this legislation.

We wholeheartedly support the first two amendments as needed for the American economy to grow. We blast the Assimilation Act as an easy way for Conservatives to force them to vote with them by making them list an "acceptable ideology". We have always been against privatization of the shipping industry because of the needed surveillance by the government. They say the Values Act is more palatable, but it still contains what Liberals don't like about it. Socialists are a party here in the US and they are here to stay, whether Conservatives or Liberals like it or not, we need to respect their first amendment rights to free opinions. We vote nearly identical with the Socialists on this one because of the way they were phrased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

We wholeheartedly support the first two amendments as needed for the American economy to grow. We blast the Assimilation Act as an easy way for Conservatives to force them to vote with them by making them list an "acceptable ideology". We have always been against privatization of the shipping industry because of the needed surveillance by the government. They say the Values Act is more palatable, but it still contains what Liberals don't like about it. Socialists are a party here in the US and they are here to stay, whether Conservatives or Liberals like it or not, we need to respect their first amendment rights to free opinions. We vote nearly identical with the Socialists on this one because of the way they were phrased.

No, we clearly stated that all acceptable ideologies are the non-radical options, this is not a political issue, it's a patriotic one, and you are making it political to stand against the mainstream of the American people. Furthermore, Socialism is outside of the American mainstream and it deserves to be mentioned as a radical ideology for what it is, people deserved to be educated about it, they are free to hold this opinion, but that opinion should be educated. So again, why do you stand against educated voters and citizens? And what exactly must the all-power government surveil in what should be private commerce exactly? We still impose trade deals and such, but keeping it nationalized is a terrible idea noncompatible with the American Model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

No, we clearly stated that all acceptable ideologies are the non-radical options, this is not a political issue, it's a patriotic one, and you are making it political to stand against the mainstream of the American people. Furthermore, Socialism is outside of the American mainstream and it deserves to be mentioned as a radical ideology for what it is, people deserved to be educated about it, they are free to hold this opinion, but that opinion should be educated. So again, why do you stand against educated voters and citizens? And what exactly must the all-power government surveil in what should be private commerce exactly? We still impose trade deals and such, but keeping it nationalized is a terrible idea noncompatible with the American Model.

The fact that you say that approximately 8-12% of the American citizenship is uneducated is abhorrent and crude. It's not a patriotic issue to be against people exercising their rights, it's an ethical one that Liberals feel we must stand for. You can say all you like about voters, but calling them uneducated is wrong and assuming that Conservatives are the only ones that are "educated" is completely wrong. There is no way to ensure that these shipping lines fit the American model unless the government keeps track of them. You say you will still impose trade deals, but you have dictated no punishment for those that don't conform. Liberals want to see an actual policy idea rather than a talking point from Conservatives, but we've been disappointed yet again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

The fact that you say that approximately 8-12% of the American citizenship is uneducated is abhorrent and crude. It's not a patriotic issue to be against people exercising their rights, it's an ethical one that Liberals feel we must stand for. You can say all you like about voters, but calling them uneducated is wrong and assuming that Conservatives are the only ones that are "educated" is completely wrong. There is no way to ensure that these shipping lines fit the American model unless the government keeps track of them. You say you will still impose trade deals, but you have dictated no punishment for those that don't conform. Liberals want to see an actual policy idea rather than a talking point from Conservatives, but we've been disappointed yet again.

 

Uh, we remind the Liberals that the bill at hand has to do with children, who need education, because they are children. The Liberals have begun to grasp at straws and that is the only crude thing here about this situation. The Patriotic issue at hand is about educating our children about the realities of the political choices they face, nothing more, nothing less. An American has every right to be a Socialist, but he also has every right to be educated about Socialism among other political ideologies and what is and what isn't congruent with the American Model as embodied by the Constitution. Again, this is not a political issue and has nothing to do with being a Conservative or a Liberal, rather a Constitutionalist and a support of objective fact. Your false attacks only reflect poorly on your own lack of substantive argument against a commonsense proposal. 

Secondly, this makes no sense, if a company is found guilty of breaking a law, the punishment is being sued by the US Government, this is simply legal precedent and doesn't require re-legislation every time a new bill regarding the Private Sector is passed, once again, it's a talking point obtained by grasping at straws because you have no actual substance, only attack methods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reagan04 said:

 

Uh, we remind the Liberals that the bill at hand has to do with children, who need education, because they are children. The Liberals have begun to grasp at straws and that is the only crude thing here about this situation. The Patriotic issue at hand is about educating our children about the realities of the political choices they face, nothing more, nothing less. An American has every right to be a Socialist, but he also has every right to be educated about Socialism among other political ideologies and what is and what isn't congruent with the American Model as embodied by the Constitution. Again, this is not a political issue and has nothing to do with being a Conservative or a Liberal, rather a Constitutionalist and a support of objective fact. Your false attacks only reflect poorly on your own lack of substantive argument against a commonsense proposal. 

Secondly, this makes no sense, if a company is found guilty of breaking a law, the punishment is being sued by the US Government, this is simply legal precedent and doesn't require re-legislation every time a new bill regarding the Private Sector is passed, once again, it's a talking point obtained by grasping at straws because you have no actual substance, only attack methods.

Firstly, Liberals would have agreed if the education was being presented as factual and not politically motivated, and would have to be agreed by a bipartisan section of Congress. We'd need details on how it'd be taught, not simply that it'd advocate against these groups. That's what it seems like you're saying about it. It would need to be factual, not politically distorted by what you believe.

Nationalization protects industries against sudden collapses in their industries, which is particularly seen in the shipping industry, because no one can control Mother Nature. The government can best help protect shipping on the international market by backing it up with the power of our government. We can easily help shipping get back on track if an economic collapse would happen, whereas if it weren't, it would be set under just as easily and just as hard as every other industry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Firstly, Liberals would have agreed if the education was being presented as factual and not politically motivated, and would have to be agreed by a bipartisan section of Congress. We'd need details on how it'd be taught, not simply that it'd advocate against these groups. That's what it seems like you're saying about it. It would need to be factual, not politically distorted by what you believe.

Nationalization protects industries against sudden collapses in their industries, which is particularly seen in the shipping industry, because no one can control Mother Nature. The government can best help protect shipping on the international market by backing it up with the power of our government. We can easily help shipping get back on track if an economic collapse would happen, whereas if it weren't, it would be set under just as easily and just as hard as every other industry. 

Ok, we're glad you abandoned the last sets of talking points for substantive arguments and we are more than happy to find some sort of compromise with your issues.

First, what the bill does is grant grants to schools which teach its Secondary Level students about how the aforementioned ideologies are juxtaposed against the Constitution and the Capitalist and Free foundations of the United States. It does not require any mandate, it only encourages schools to inform their children about the political landscape of the United States in relation to the American Model and our History. Our immigration system likewise, defends against ideologies incompatible with American assimilation, you seem to support Socialism, so would you vote for it if we removed the word Socialism from the bill and left everything else as is?

Secondly, nationalization only destroys industries, government control has never worked and will never work and even defies the spirit of Liberalism after which you have named your party. This bill allows the Free Market, which is much more adept at handling a financial downturn than the government, to bring about a much more prosperous shipping sector, the American people gave a mandate for smaller government and a defense of our values, it would only shirk their will to obstruct the key policy prescriptions for which they voted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reagan04 said:

Ok, we're glad you abandoned the last sets of talking points for substantive arguments and we are more than happy to find some sort of compromise with your issues.

First, what the bill does is grant grants to schools which teach its Secondary Level students about how the aforementioned ideologies are juxtaposed against the Constitution and the Capitalist and Free foundations of the United States. It does not require any mandate, it only encourages schools to inform their children about the political landscape of the United States in relation to the American Model and our History. Our immigration system likewise, defends against ideologies incompatible with American assimilation, you seem to support Socialism, so would you vote for it if we removed the word Socialism from the bill and left everything else as is?

Secondly, nationalization only destroys industries, government control has never worked and will never work and even defies the spirit of Liberalism after which you have named your party. This bill allows the Free Market, which is much more adept at handling a financial downturn than the government, to bring about a much more prosperous shipping sector, the American people gave a mandate for smaller government and a defense of our values, it would only shirk their will to obstruct the key policy prescriptions for which they voted.

Now you wish to just slander our party. We are defenders of Liberalism and defenders of the Constitution. You don't want to educate, you want to indoctrinate our children. We understand why to warn against Communism and Fascism, as they are dangerous ideologies, but Socialism is currently accepted in the US as an ideology, and you basically want to educate our children against a political party. Honestly, we're surprised Socialists aren't being more outspoken on this. Socialists have assimilated into the US, so we're confused as to why they are part of it.

Nationalization has many benefits, and can help higher standards of living. In the shipping industry, we need to protect our sailors by giving them a livable wage which can only be provided by the government. If we stop nationalizing any industries, the government will lose money and fall back into debt, which it seems Conservatives excel at doing while in office. We don't think there will be a compromise on this issue and would rather debate it at election time. Our position is solidified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Now you wish to just slander our party. We are defenders of Liberalism and defenders of the Constitution. You don't want to educate, you want to indoctrinate our children. We understand why to warn against Communism and Fascism, as they are dangerous ideologies, but Socialism is currently accepted in the US as an ideology, and you basically want to educate our children against a political party. Honestly, we're surprised Socialists aren't being more outspoken on this. Socialists have assimilated into the US, so we're confused as to why they are part of it.

Nationalization has many benefits, and can help higher standards of living. In the shipping industry, we need to protect our sailors by giving them a livable wage which can only be provided by the government. If we stop nationalizing any industries, the government will lose money and fall back into debt, which it seems Conservatives excel at doing while in office. We don't think there will be a compromise on this issue and would rather debate it at election time. Our position is solidified. 

Well indeed, the American people have seen the party of solidified obstruction in favor of opposing the education of our children of the foundations of our Great Nation, false attacks that have no ground in reality whatsoever, and opposing the Free Market in favor of large government control, incongruent with American values. It's a shame to see a Party that champions Liberalism fall to Socialism and such government largesse. We thought we might find compromise, it appears we were wrong, we found only obstruction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×