Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

New Historical President RP

Recommended Posts

Progress is literally the same... its just the Democrats being all drama filled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC. Of course I will be joining the Conservatives. The Democrats are not dead thanks to Sen. Yedver. It was a nice idea and I planned them as a catch-all conservative party but sadly it did not play out that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Name and Office: Dekoda "Battle-Cry" Ward-PA Senator 

Party:New Republicans

Age:30 (Born October 16 1850,Dies December 14 1932)

Platform:Civil Rights priority,Workers rights,Womens rights. Universal systems for an "equal America",Businessmen and monopoly's have dominated for far too long. 

Ethnicity:Half Native American(Blackfoot) half African American

state of the Union I will post soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Senator Ashton Alexander announces that he intends to serve as Republican Leader in the Senate. He says he does not expect to run in the next election for President. Instead, a fellow Republican Senator from Ohio, Sven Atkinson (R-OH), 60, who lost in the Republican Primary to Reims in the first contest that Republicans ran is expected to run. Largely along the party line, Atkinson runs close to Sen. Alexander in many respects, but many expect the Senator to run on a more expansionist plank to target voters in the West.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for @WVProgressive before I can post the events/decisions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vcczar said:

General Election 1880

Brooke's party is so entrenched that his reelection is more likely than not; however, he is vulnerable for the first time as voters begin to look elsewhere. At the Progress Party Convention, Wesley defeats Gregory in the first round. Gregory is named the VP nominee for his strong effort. The Democratic Convention was a close affair, but Yedver tops Lawson this election. 

Round 1

Brooke/Bunt (Lib) 167 EV 45% PV (All 1880 states, except those below)

Alexander/Pope (Rep) 116 EV 30% PV (NY, PA, NJ, OH, IL)

Wesley/Gregory (Pro) 54 EV 15% PV (CA, OR, NV, NE, CO, KS, IA, MO, MN)

Yedver/Lawson (Dem) 32 EV 10% PV (MD, DE, WV, TX, LA)

[There were no real surprises in round one, except perhaps American Progress taking MN. We have a second round for the first time in ages. Liberty Party faces the New Republicans.]

Round 2

Brooke/Bunt (Lib) 214 EV 54% PV [NV, MO, AR, LA, MS, AL, KY, TN, GA, FL, SC, NC, VA, MN, IA, WI, IN, MD, DE, WV, RI, CT, MA, VT, NH, ME]

Alexander/Pope (Rep) 155 EV 46% PV [CA, OR, KS, NE, CO, TX, IL, MI, OH, NY, PA, NJ]

[The election wasn't as close as I expected. New England went solidly for the Liberty Party, even though the New Republicans had an equal shot in MA, CT, RI. Liberty Party also got lucky with wins in NV, WV, and IN. In the end, all regions were contestable, except for states with a majority African-American population, which were guaranteed Liberty Party votes.]

President Brooke celebrates election win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Events and Decisions for March 1881-1885 @WVProgressive Pres. Brooke

1) Military build up in Europe. 

With alliances proliferating, Europe is militarizing quickly. Germany asks that you prepare an expeditionary force for Europe in the event of war. Your military advisers tell us that we need the troops at home, as Canada is British, and Mexico has been in negotiation with the British. Mexico has also appointed many former Confederate generals to military posts and political office. Some of Canada's generals are also former Confederates.  

2) Nationalizing industries for social reform and the Depression, companies begin monopolies 

You started with nationalizing the railroad industry and bringing in labor reform in this areas, despite protests from Constitutional conservatives, pro-business voters, and people in your own party. Pro-labor activists are hoping that you nationalize other industries. If so, which industries? What reforms will you enact through executive action after the fact, if you do nationalize these industries. 

3) Tax revolts

Excessively high taxes has causes revolts throughout the country. The have been bloodless, but the protests are getting louder. Some property damage has occurred. Some fear that war will lead to even further taxation. As the Depression is on going, people say they can't afford to pay taxes. 

4) Silver revolts

Western farmers, burdened by the Depression, are unhappy with the monetary policy, saying they will only accept a silver standard. Farmers have been going to cities to protest. Bankers and financiers warn of switching to a silver standard. 

5) Battle Corruption

The Liberty Party is becoming a byname for corruption, as party loyalty is the major means for advancement. Past anti-corruption measures have not been working. Governors, Senators, US Reps, cabnet members, judges, and lower government officials have been holding on to office for far too long, and stifling any independent thought. 

6) crime in the cities 

The cities are seeing a sharp increase in crime as people look for other ways to make money during the depression. Some cities and states are at a loss of how to combat the problem. 

7) Immigration restriction 

Populist voters are becoming increasingly anti-immigrant as the depression continues, despite few immigrants arriving into our country. They call for a total ban on immigrants to protect American jobs. They fear immigrants are taking their jobs, even though it has more to do with the economy and issues in Europe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vcczar said:

1) Military build up in Europe. 

With alliances proliferating, Europe is militarizing quickly. Germany asks that you prepare an expeditionary force for Europe in the event of war. Your military advisers tell us that we need the troops at home, as Canada is British, and Mexico has been in negotiation with the British. Mexico has also appointed many former Confederate generals to military posts and political office. Some of Canada's generals are also former Confederates.

We need those troops at home, and order a buildup of our standing army 15,000 and our navy by 10 ships.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

2) Nationalizing industries for social reform and the Depression, companies begin monopolies 

You started with nationalizing the railroad industry and bringing in labor reform in this areas, despite protests from Constitutional conservatives, pro-business voters, and people in your own party. Pro-labor activists are hoping that you nationalize other industries. If so, which industries? What reforms will you enact through executive action after the fact, if you do nationalize these industries. 

 First I'd like a more in-depth description of the industry of this country.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

3) Tax revolts

Excessively high taxes has causes revolts throughout the country. The have been bloodless, but the protests are getting louder. Some property damage has occurred. Some fear that war will lead to even further taxation. As the Depression is on going, people say they can't afford to pay taxes. 

4) Silver revolts

Western farmers, burdened by the Depression, are unhappy with the monetary policy, saying they will only accept a silver standard. Farmers have been going to cities to protest. Bankers and financiers warn of switching to a silver standard. 

Send in the military to put these uprisings to rest.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

5) Battle Corruption

The Liberty Party is becoming a byname for corruption, as party loyalty is the major means for advancement. Past anti-corruption measures have not been working. Governors, Senators, US Reps, cabnet members, judges, and lower government officials have been holding on to office for far too long, and stifling any independent thought. 

Pass term limits for elected government.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

6) crime in the cities 

The cities are seeing a sharp increase in crime as people look for other ways to make money during the depression. Some cities and states are at a loss of how to combat the problem. 

Find ways to counter this increase, and look to improve the economy so people don't resort to crime.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

7) Immigration restriction 

Populist voters are becoming increasingly anti-immigrant as the depression continues, despite few immigrants arriving into our country. They call for a total ban on immigrants to protect American jobs. They fear immigrants are taking their jobs, even though it has more to do with the economy and issues in Europe. 

We won't ban immigration it won't help our economy any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Republicans roll their eyes at the Presidents so called corruption management. Term limits for elected officials? Coming from the man who has served six terms and is a living emphasis of Libertys corruption.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Conservative party equally scoffs at the President. Doesn't he know he is the reason for corruption? The Liberty Party doesn't quite live up to the name! Not to mention, why is he even considering the nationalization of anything else? The first step was already so egregious! This just invigorates the Conservative base as the President now begins to exert military might over its own citizens and abroad throwing to the wayside fiscal responsibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wesley Denounces President

 

WHEN WILL THE PEOPLE LEARN THAT WE ARE BEING LED BY ONE OF THE MOST ELITIST AND UNRESPECTABLE PRESIDENTS IN MODERN HISTORY!???

 

THEY HAVE BEEN SELECTIVELY PUTTING CERTAIN GROUPS OF AMERICANS AT DISADVANTAGES EVERY CHANCE THEY GET

 

IT STARTED WITH THE OLD CONFEDERATES

 

IT FOLLOWED BY OUR WESTERNERS

 

NOW, IT IS OUR FARMERS!!!

 

WHAT IS NEXT?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

We need those troops at home, and order a buildup of our standing army 15,000 and our navy by 10 ships.

Germany asks what the point of an alliance is if an ally isn't going to aid an ally. Germany then relents to US troops staying at home, if they invade Canada as soon as Great Britain and her allies declare war. Word arrives that Mexico has allied with Great Britain. 

13 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

First I'd like a more in-depth description of the industry of this country.

Industries are too numerous to name them all. Some of the major ones are shipping, coal, fishing, textile and other factory labor, agriculture, lumber, etc. 

14 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Send in the military to put these uprisings to rest.

Currently the military has been sent to guard the Mexican and Canadian borders. Should we really pull troops away to deal with non-violent revolts?

14 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Pass term limits for elected government.

This has to be done through Congress. Congress debates it, but as your party has enough votes to kill a bill, and they are fully entrenched in power, they prevent a vote. The Liberty Party joins in with opposition parties to call on the hypocrisy of Pres. Brooke, who has been serving for decades. 

14 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Find ways to counter this increase, and look to improve the economy so people don't resort to crime.

[As president, you have to come up with some of your own ideas. You can't magic it away. I'm the RP master, and I can aid, but I can't do all the thinking]. The people take Brooke's vague ideas for combating crime to mean that he isn't necessarily interested in combating urban crime at the Federal level. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Governor McEnroe: What we see now is that all nations are preparing for a war and we find ourselves right in the middle. That is the Brooke administration's work for now one else than the establishment. The American people were ignored and this will not change if we elect our emperor once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Representative Carpenter defeats Multi-term incumbent Liberty Senator Salmon Day of New York in midterm of 1882 on Conservative platform of smaller government, peace, and opposition to Presidential cronyism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Republican Senator Sven Atkinson (R-OH) blasts the President's proposal to send in the military to deal with peaceful protests. What's next? Firing squads for disagreements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Industries are too numerous to name them all. Some of the major ones are shipping, coal, fishing, textile and other factory labor, agriculture, lumber, etc. 

I'll nationalize coal, shipping, and textiles, instituting safety reforms banning child labor, shortening work hours to  8, and a guarantee on the right to organize a union.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Currently the military has been sent to guard the Mexican and Canadian borders. Should we really pull troops away to deal with non-violent revolts?

You're right, instead we'll try to negotiate with the leaders.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

The people take Brooke's vague ideas for combating crime to mean that he isn't necessarily interested in combating urban crime at the Federal level. 

Increase funding for local law enforcement.

    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Republican Senator Sven Atkinson (R-OH) blasts the President's proposal to send in the military to deal with peaceful protests. What's next? Firing squads for disagreements?

McEnroe echoes those concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Conservatives are outraged and attempt to use whatever influence in Congress or legally they can to stop the nationalization of 3 more industries. This madness must end!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

You're right, instead we'll try to negotiate with the leaders.

The anti-tax leaders want you to drastically reduce taxation. Your economic advisers say this is unwise when we are struggling to afford running the government in the depression and when we are facing war. The pro-silver farmers want a silver standard, rather than a gold standard or bimetalism. Perhaps an increase in the amount of silver in the ratio of currency backing. However, economists and bankers fear this will just hurt the economy some more. Pro-silver farmers say they can't pay their debts without an inflationary currency. You could try to figure out away to decrease their debts, but the banks may not agree to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@WVProgressive hasn't followed up in 23 hours. I'm about to take off, but if I get back and he still hasn't responded then we will say he Brooke died in office. A while back, I required 24 hour responses from presidents. If Brooke does die in office, or get assassinated, then Bunt takes over ( @CalebsParadox ), which would give us our first African-American president. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 2:26 PM, vcczar said:

The anti-tax leaders want you to drastically reduce taxation. Your economic advisers say this is unwise when we are struggling to afford running the government in the depression and when we are facing war. The pro-silver farmers want a silver standard, rather than a gold standard or bimetalism. Perhaps an increase in the amount of silver in the ratio of currency backing. However, economists and bankers fear this will just hurt the economy some more. Pro-silver farmers say they can't pay their debts without an inflationary currency. You could try to figure out away to decrease their debts, but the banks may not agree to it. 

Order the banks to forgive the farmers  debts, and threaten them with nationalization if they don't comply. 

OOC: Sorry that I'm late time sorta got away from me, won't happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once more the Conservative Party decried the totalitarian actions of the government and gear up for large gains in 1884 with a growingly dissatisfied public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wesley reaffirms that the Government has completely alienated farmers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×