Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

New Historical President RP

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Toward Peace in the War in Europe in the War of 1811: Current Year is 1819

War of 1811 : 

Northwest Indian Campaign - This was successfully concluded. 

Invasion of of Canada Campaign -- The Siege of Quebec City is still on going. Our greatest foe is the weather, as we lose many men to the cold. The French allies are planning an assault soon. 

Naval engagements in the Great Lakes -- The British Navy still controls the Great Lakes, but we held Ft. Detroit. It is mostly quiet here. 

Naval engagements in the Atlantic -- The French Navy has left for Europe to wrap up their engagements there. The British force, however, is much weaker, but they shell our major port cities periodically. Civilian casualties are high. Our ships are too badly damaged to drive them off. 

Naval engagement in the Gulf of Mexico -- French troops from Mexico, along with US professionals and militia have repelled a British assault on New Orleans. The British Navy is disengaging from the Gulf of Mexico following this defeat. 

In Europe: The British made a surprise victory in a naval battle in the British channel, wrecking most of Napoleon's best ships. Napoleon had planned an invasion of Great Britain. Former war-weary allies have refused to rejoin Great Britain in their war against France unless they score a ground victory on French soil. Napoleon made a risky move by allow British troops to land in Northern France near Calais. The battle between Napoleon and British troops was inconclusive. Napoleon waited for a renewed attack but the British moved back closer to the coast, hoping to draw Napoleon in once they found a better defensive position. Unfortunately for the British, Napoleon had a corps in place at the most defensive location. The British troops became disorganized and French forces easily demolished the British force. The British Navy was able to keep the French at bay long enough for a successful retreat.

For three months, Europe was quiet, militarily speaking. Napoleon called for peace with the Prime Minister. After an initial meeting with ambassadors, in which the US terms by President Bunt ( @WVProgressive ) were discussed, a second meeting between Napoleon and the British Prime Minister were discussed in Amsterdam. 

The French Ambassador has sent the terms to DC for approval (Don't resign until the treaty becomes official):

Concessions to America from Great Britain

Normalized trade relations with Great Britain

British recognition of all land below the 54°40′ north parallel and past the Mississippi river as American lands

Agreement between America and Britain to share the great lakes

Establishment of an official Massachusetts and New Brunswick border (like the Webster-Ashburton treaty in real life ) 

An end to British impressment of american sailors

25% reparation payment for damaged ships due to impressment

25% payment on US war loans to Russia, Prussia, and the Ottomans as compensation for civilian damages

Concessions by France to the US

France pays another quarter of the US loans to Russia, Prussia, and the Ottomans for compensation for the terms of this treaty. 

France lowers the tariff for trade with the US

Extend our military alliance for a period of 5 years, as a protection against Great Britain and any of her allies should they start another war. 

Concessions to Britain and her Allies from France and America

Normalized trade relations between the nations

Recognition of Canada, excluding Quebec. 

Agreement between America and Britain to share the great lakes

Establishment of an official Massachusetts and New Brunswick border (like the Webster-Ashburton treaty in real life ) 

Promise by France that no future invasion of the British Isles, of Italy, of Austria, of Prussia or of any of their colonies will occur for 20 years. 

Tuscany, Papal States, Sicily Netherlands, Belgium, Confederacy of the Rhine are given immediate independence from France as sovereign nations. 

France pays a considerable sum to Great Britain and her Allies as compensation for terms of this treaty. 

Concessions to France by Great Britain

Normalized trade relations between the two nations

Great Britain and her allies recognize the complete annexation of Spain and Portugal by France, including their colonies, which includes Mexico, Central and South America, and former Spanish Florida. 

France gets Quebec from Great Britain

Concession to France by the US

US lowers tariff for trade with France

US recognized French acquisitions in this Treaty. 

 

 

We agree to these terms wholeheartedly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OCC: @WVProgressive it will take about half a year to make this treaty official and get all the signatures, so if you want to do any more of your decisions before you resign (if you still want to). Basically, Baldwin ( @Lyly) will finish the last year of your term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vcczar said:

7. Mississippi, Alabama and Illinois statehood

Do you support these efforts? The Creek oppose statehood efforts in the South, believing that their rights and safety will be negatively impacted. There are also tribes seeking protection from settlers in Illinois. 

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

4. Creek War

The Creek Indians in the Deep South are resisting efforts for civilization, stating that they are bound to their cultures. They have attacked settlers and ask that we withdraw and recognize their sovereignty or attacks will continue. The Southern states, most Republicans, and settlers oppose any concessions to the Creek. 

All these requests will reciprocated with affirmation, as for the Creek's we will give no quarter to these stubborn savages.

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

8. Indian Removal

Republicans in the South are increasingly demanding a return to Aldridge’s policy of Indian Removal. Settlers and Indians have been clashing. Civilization processing is moving too slow to compete, since it takes about a generation to show clear signs of civilizing. The Republican dominated Congress have placed a new Indian Removal bill on your desk, which would call for the removal of all tribes in the Deep South to the other side of the Mississippi. 

I tried to be nice but these tribes have run out my patience, I will sign this bill.

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

10. Missouri Compromise

The Republicans in Congress have made a compromise to quell the argument between Slave and Free States. Missouri is ready for statehood, and it will be allowed in as a Slave State. Maine will break off of Massachusetts and form a new Free State. Additionally, a line at the 36-30 parallel will mark the line between free and slave states in the future. This bill is on your desk to sign. 

  This is a great compromise that will help keep the slave debate from engulfing our nation, I'll sign.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OCC:  @WVProgressive do you plan to resign as you suggested you would, or will you finish out the final year? Also, if you didn't respond to any of the decisions, then please post them in your reply so I don't have to go back and find them. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vcczar said:

OCC:  @WVProgressive do you plan to resign as you suggested you would, or will you finish out the final year? Also, if you didn't respond to any of the decisions, then please post them in your reply so I don't have to go back and find them. Thanks!

OOC: I will be resigning as planned. also here is the responses I made after the treaty was revealed.  

 

7. Mississippi, Alabama and Illinois statehood

Do you support these efforts? The Creek oppose statehood efforts in the South, believing that their rights and safety will be negatively impacted. There are also tribes seeking protection from settlers in Illinois. 

4. Creek War

The Creek Indians in the Deep South are resisting efforts for civilization, stating that they are bound to their cultures. They have attacked settlers and ask that we withdraw and recognize their sovereignty or attacks will continue. The Southern states, most Republicans, and settlers oppose any concessions to the Creek. 

 

All these requests will reciprocated with affirmation, as for the Creek's we will give no quarter to these stubborn savages.

  
8. Indian Removal

Republicans in the South are increasingly demanding a return to Aldridge’s policy of Indian Removal. Settlers and Indians have been clashing. Civilization processing is moving too slow to compete, since it takes about a generation to show clear signs of civilizing. The Republican dominated Congress have placed a new Indian Removal bill on your desk, which would call for the removal of all tribes in the Deep South to the other side of the Mississippi. 

I tried to be nice but these tribes have run out my patience, I will sign this bill.


10. Missouri Compromise

The Republicans in Congress have made a compromise to quell the argument between Slave and Free States. Missouri is ready for statehood, and it will be allowed in as a Slave State. Maine will break off of Massachusetts and form a new Free State. Additionally, a line at the 36-30 parallel will mark the line between free and slave states in the future. This bill is on your desk to sign. 

  This is a great compromise that will help keep the slave debate from engulfing our nation, I'll sign.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OCC: @Lyly You are now president as Pres. Bunt has resigned. You have 24 hours to respond or we will say you also resign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lyly Baldwin's decisions will be based on Blunt's decisions. See how Blunt responded to his decisions and you have the option to reverse any of those. You also have the option to propose some things, but please look at the latest State of the Union before doing so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC. for the info boxes I will need a date, when Bunt actually resigned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

OOC. for the info boxes I will need a date, when Bunt actually resigned. 

Say March 1st 1820, which basically gives the successor a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: We're going to just say that Baldwin resigned with Bunt. 

March 1, 1820:

The President Pro Temp of the Senate becomes the next President of the United States. Congratulations to Senator Walter G. Maxwell of NH. @Conservative Elector 2

OOC: You can attempt to reverse or improve upon any of Bunt's decisions. Likewise, you can propose some actions. Bunt has acted on all the events/decisions for this term, which means your presidency can be rather peaceful. At this point, the economy is rapidly improving, but the people are still somewhat demoralized since the casualty count is higher than the real War of 1812. You might want to adjust the budget to pay off the loans, which have been reduced by 50% because of the Treaty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Its Speaker of the House first though

Not under the 1792 succession Act. The Speaker was moved up later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, vcczar said:

OOC: We're going to just say that Baldwin resigned with Bunt. 

March 1, 1820:

The President Pro Temp of the Senate becomes the next President of the United States. Congratulations to Senator Walter G. Maxwell of NH. @Conservative Elector 2

OOC: You can attempt to reverse or improve upon any of Bunt's decisions. Likewise, you can propose some actions. Bunt has acted on all the events/decisions for this term, which means your presidency can be rather peaceful. At this point, the economy is rapidly improving, but the people are still somewhat demoralized since the casualty count is higher than the real War of 1812. You might want to adjust the budget to pay off the loans, which have been reduced by 50% because of the Treaty. 

President Walter Gordon Maxwell thanks the people after his inauguration: "At first I would like to thank both the outgoing President and the outgoing Vice President for their courageous services. President Bunt kept his promise to resign and that shows his high integrity. America can be proud of having a leader like him during the past years. Although I did not expect the honorable Vice President Baldwin to resign as well, I think we all have to accept this decision. As for me, I will continue to serve out President Bunt's term and I will not choose to run for reelection, after the end of my term. I want to unite our country and I hope that both the Federalists and the Republicans will field their best candidates in this year's election in order to compete fairly for becoming the next President of our wonderful nation. I will not greatly change or amend President Bunt's decision. I am truly glad to see Alabama, Mississippi, and Illinois as new states. I also think that the Missouri Compromise was necessary to settle our differences on that issue. Although I personally oppose slavery I think that the admission of new states and the fact whether they are a free or slave state should not be decided by looking at a map. I would prefer to ask the people of a territory and let them decide. The will of the people is the most important thing I believe. However, our nation might be too young to settle such issues with holding a referendum and therefore I support the compromise. Perhaps one day we are ready. Perhaps when the economy is even strong enough we can abolition slavery once and for all, but this will be done not today. Our nation must recover from the war and because we achieved to get help for paying our loans we are able to spend the money we have left on building and rebuilding our factories, our agricultural lands and homes and we will not forget our veterans who bravely and successfully fought for our country against foreign interests. I hope I will be able to fulfill the high expectations and serve out President Bunt's term. Thank you all and God bless you and God bless America."

OOC: I do not have the authority to appoint a Vice President, do I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

OOC: I do not have the authority to appoint a Vice President, do I?

OOC: No, you do not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: @Conservative Elector 2 There was no Constitutional provision for it at the time, so @Reagan04 is correct. The provision wasn't added until much later. I think it was when LBJ was president, and Ford became the first VP appointed under that new amendment. 

I want Maxwell to have some history so here are three event/decisions for Maxwell's time in office, events for 1820:

1. Slave Rebellion in Virginia

A slave revolt has occurred in Virginia, leading to the deaths of 7 plantation owners so far. The Governor of Virginia has called the Virginia militia, but he is requesting militia from other states. Do you grant this request? Your Secretary of War suggests that the Virginia militia should be sufficient and that calling a militia would be a waste of money that should go towards paying off debt. 

2. The British Ambassador has arrived as a promise of future peace between our nations. He wants to improve trade between our countries, possibly working in a deal that both 1) returns our trade to 80% with Great Britain, as it had been in the old days. and 2) a trade deal that isolates France. The ambassador states that while France may have been our ally in both the Rev War and War of 1811, Great Britain is your cousins and natural ally. Besides, France is slowly surrounding you now that they have Quebec, Florida, Mexico (including Texas and lands West), and Cuba. A trade deal could weaken them! You Secretary of War favors this as he ultimately believes that war with France will eventually occur. The Secretary of State warns us to avoid such an antagonistic trade deal fearing our twice enemy cousins are just trying to pit France and our country into a fight so that Great Britain can gobble up the pieces after we destroy ourselves. Your Attorney General says that the people are already traumatized from the recent war, and that we should avoid anything remotely antagonistic. Additionally, we have to allow some time to pass to prove that we can trust the British in anything. Have not the French been true allies? The Secretary of the Treasury states that commercially and economically increased trade with Britain would prove more profitable. 

3. A letter from the French Ambassador states that our old ally the Marquis de Lafayette has been named special envoy to the US by Napoleon. He is to arrive next year as a permanent representative stationed in our country to handle all symbolic and ceremonial affairs between our two countries as a gesture of good will and reminder of our alliance. Napoleon requests that we house the Marquis and would favor an envoy in return to represent our firm friendship. The Secretary of State believes that this is likely a sincere gesture of friendship, but serves a double purpose. Napoleon's spies probably know that the British are likely to improve their relationship with us at the expense of France. Likewise, if we are tight with the French then Napoleon will expect us to help if Mexico, Florida, Quebec, Cuba, etc revolt from French rule. Secretary of the Treasury believes that this would almost close the door on any extra-beneficial trade with Great Britain. The Attorney General suggests that might be a good thing, so long as the French can be trusted more than the British. The Secretary of War thinks Napoleon is just trying to make us into a French satellite. The Secretary of State argues that refusing the special envoy, and Lafayette at that, is a major rebuke, and we are basically forced to accept it. Perhaps we can find a Rev War era hero or former successful president to send to Paris, someone that can't be trifled with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

OOC: @Conservative Elector 2 There was no Constitutional provision for it at the time, so @Reagan04 is correct. The provision wasn't added until much later. I think it was when LBJ was president, and Ford became the first VP appointed under that new amendment. 

I want Maxwell to have some history so here are three event/decisions for Maxwell's time in office, events for 1820:

1. Slave Rebellion in Virginia

A slave revolt has occurred in Virginia, leading to the deaths of 7 plantation owners so far. The Governor of Virginia has called the Virginia militia, but he is requesting militia from other states. Do you grant this request? Your Secretary of War suggests that the Virginia militia should be sufficient and that calling a militia would be a waste of money that should go towards paying off debt.

OOC: Thank you for the possibility to spice Maxwell's Presidency a bit up.

1: For this matter I side with the Secretary of War. I believe and trust that Virginians are capable to solve this problem on their own. I believe in State's rights and although I oppose nullification I think that our nation is composed of more or less free and independent states held together by the thoughts of freedom and liberty which are represented by our great union.

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

2. The British Ambassador has arrived as a promise of future peace between our nations. He wants to improve trade between our countries, possibly working in a deal that both 1) returns our trade to 80% with Great Britain, as it had been in the old days. and 2) a trade deal that isolates France. The ambassador states that while France may have been our ally in both the Rev War and War of 1811, Great Britain is your cousins and natural ally. Besides, France is slowly surrounding you now that they have Quebec, Florida, Mexico (including Texas and lands West), and Cuba. A trade deal could weaken them! You Secretary of War favors this as he ultimately believes that war with France will eventually occur. The Secretary of State warns us to avoid such an antagonistic trade deal fearing our twice enemy cousins are just trying to pit France and our country into a fight so that Great Britain can gobble up the pieces after we destroy ourselves. Your Attorney General says that the people are already traumatized from the recent war, and that we should avoid anything remotely antagonistic. Additionally, we have to allow some time to pass to prove that we can trust the British in anything. Have not the French been true allies? The Secretary of the Treasury states that commercially and economically increased trade with Britain would prove more profitable. 

2: We will tell the British Ambassador that we can return to normal trade as long as we are able to maintain our trade affairs with France. Otherwise I cannot see our people who are already experiencing war fatigue to engage in new hostile affairs. The Maxwell Presidency should be remembered as one that was trying to avoid any further war and I would like to harmonize things between us, the French and the British.

16 minutes ago, vcczar said:

3. A letter from the French Ambassador states that our old ally the Marquis de Lafayette has been named special envoy to the US by Napoleon. He is to arrive next year as a permanent representative stationed in our country to handle all symbolic and ceremonial affairs between our two countries as a gesture of good will and reminder of our alliance. Napoleon requests that we house the Marquis and would favor an envoy in return to represent our firm friendship. The Secretary of State believes that this is likely a sincere gesture of friendship, but serves a double purpose. Napoleon's spies probably know that the British are likely to improve their relationship with us at the expense of France. Likewise, if we are tight with the French then Napoleon will expect us to help if Mexico, Florida, Quebec, Cuba, etc revolt from French rule. Secretary of the Treasury believes that this would almost close the door on any extra-beneficial trade with Great Britain. The Attorney General suggests that might be a good thing, so long as the French can be trusted more than the British. The Secretary of War thinks Napoleon is just trying to make us into a French satellite. The Secretary of State argues that refusing the special envoy, and Lafayette at that, is a major rebuke, and we are basically forced to accept it. Perhaps we can find a Rev War era hero or former successful president to send to Paris, someone that can't be trifled with. 

3: We will house the Marquis to show our respect and good will to our ally. We will also send an envoy in exchange to France. In order to settle the diplomacy with Great Britain I ask our Secretary of State to contact the British as well. I would like to see a British envoy coming into our country and an American envoy to be sent to London as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
State of the Union at Election day 1820-Mar 1821

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: 3rd-tier country, but our industrial potential is great. The late war has shrunk our employment pool and dented out production, but we are growing. 

Military Strength: Our peace-time army is getting a little closer to sufficient with 30,000 men and 12 war ships; however, we proved that we can't defend ourselves without a stronger ally. 

Foreign Affairs: We are allied with France, who now surrounds our borders with land in Quebec, Florida, Cuba, and Mexico. In most ways, they are the senior partner in this relationship, as their military is more likely to defend us than our own, and they have worked a treaty to pay off 50% of our loans. Because of the Treaty, Great Britain is at peace with us. We have exchanged envoys with the French, and we attempted to do the same with the British, but they rebuffed the offer after we declined a trade deal aimed primarily to jab at France. 

Military: We currently have our forces guarding the frontier, and the Georgia/French Florida border for Seminoles. 

Economy: The economy shows a promise of booming in the Northeast. The South is also doing well with Cotton and Sugar Production. The economy is on an upswing, only because things were so bad during the war. The economy should continue to improve. 

Trade: The tariff has been adjusted in favor of the French, and has been raised slightly throughout for revenue. Trade with France and her colonies is now 50% of our trade, while 50% of our trade goes to the rest of Europe, including Britain

Budget: Medium-sized and growing. 80% of revenue comes from Tariffs, 10% through tax, 10% through other. About 60% of our budget is going to military upkeep and to protect the boarders, and toward the creation of more warships. 20% is going to paying off the national debt.  20% is going to government upkeep. Taxes remains low and it needs to be increased to help pay off the loans a lot quicker. Fortunately, France is helping us here. 

Social Harmony: Harmony exists with a sigh of relief that the war is over. The Tories in Massachusetts, once secessionists, are now mostly content; although, they are still Pro-British. Our foreign policy still upsets them. A major slave revolt occurred in Virginia, but it was quelled by the Virginia militia. 

Immigration: Limited, but growing. Europeans, mostly Germans, are flocking to our Northern cities to fill our factories, since the war killed off much of the working population. Some want to restrict immigration. 

Mood of the people: Content, but wary of another war. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: Maxwell has agreed to not seek reelection after filling in for Bunt and Baldwin, both who resigned. Maxwell is viewed favorably. 

Party Power: The Senate is slight Republican majority. The US House has a Republican majority. Governorships are split. 

With Maxwell bowing out, who will be the candidates for Pres and VP for both major parties? If you are running for office, please quote this entire post and let us know what your platform is (please read the State of the Union above): 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

President Maxwell sticks to his promise and will not run.

Former Vice President Bigelow will decide again after Former President Aldridge @Reagan04 has made up his mind, since he believes the Former President should have the honor to decide first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vcczar said:
State of the Union at Election day 1820-Mar 1821

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: 3rd-tier country, but our industrial potential is great. The late war has shrunk our employment pool and dented out production, but we are growing. 

Military Strength: Our peace-time army is getting a little closer to sufficient with 30,000 men and 12 war ships; however, we proved that we can't defend ourselves without a stronger ally. 

Foreign Affairs: We are allied with France, who now surrounds our borders with land in Quebec, Florida, Cuba, and Mexico. In most ways, they are the senior partner in this relationship, as their military is more likely to defend us than our own, and they have worked a treaty to pay off 50% of our loans. Because of the Treaty, Great Britain is at peace with us. We have exchanged envoys with the French, and we attempted to do the same with the British, but they rebuffed the offer after we declined a trade deal aimed primarily to jab at France. 

Military: We currently have our forces guarding the frontier, and the Georgia/French Florida border for Seminoles. 

Economy: The economy shows a promise of booming in the Northeast. The South is also doing well with Cotton and Sugar Production. The economy is on an upswing, only because things were so bad during the war. The economy should continue to improve. 

Trade: The tariff has been adjusted in favor of the French, and has been raised slightly throughout for revenue. Trade with France and her colonies is now 50% of our trade, while 50% of our trade goes to the rest of Europe, including Britain

Budget: Medium-sized and growing. 80% of revenue comes from Tariffs, 10% through tax, 10% through other. About 60% of our budget is going to military upkeep and to protect the boarders, and toward the creation of more warships. 20% is going to paying off the national debt.  20% is going to government upkeep. Taxes remains low and it needs to be increased to help pay off the loans a lot quicker. Fortunately, France is helping us here. 

Social Harmony: Harmony exists with a sigh of relief that the war is over. The Tories in Massachusetts, once secessionists, are now mostly content; although, they are still Pro-British. Our foreign policy still upsets them. A major slave revolt occurred in Virginia, but it was quelled by the Virginia militia. 

Immigration: Limited, but growing. Europeans, mostly Germans, are flocking to our Northern cities to fill our factories, since the war killed off much of the working population. Some want to restrict immigration. 

Mood of the people: Content, but wary of another war. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: Maxwell has agreed to not seek reelection after filling in for Bunt and Baldwin, both who resigned. Maxwell is viewed favorably. 

Party Power: The Senate is slight Republican majority. The US House has a Republican majority. Governorships are split. 

With Maxwell bowing out, who will be the candidates for Pres and VP for both major parties? If you are running for office, please quote this entire post and let us know what your platform is (please read the State of the Union above): 

Former President Aldridge announces his candidacy for President of the United States in 1820!

State: PA

Positions: U.S. Congressman from PA's 2nd 1789-1795, U.S. Senator from PA 1795-1801, President 1801-1809, Governor of PA 1811-1819

Platform: Of course running on my name recognition and general goodwill toward my Presidency but also on the following key points:

  • Most importantly: Grow the economy
    • We must balance the budget
    • Keep the tariffs moderate to encourage trade
    • Keep taxes low now that the war is over
  • We need a Conservative in the White House to balance the budget; something I was well on my way to doing until we got ourselves into war
  • Fiercely oppose War, take advantage of the anti-war sentiment
  • Take a more Nativist, Conservative position on Immigration and Indian Affairs

My fellow Americans, I am proud to stand with you here in the ancestral capital of the nation, Philadelphia. I am proud to have been first elected to public service back in 1788 to represent this great city in the United States House of Representatives. See, now is the time that we must seize our nation back from the warring, spending excesses of big government. I stand poised with the experience and Conservative reputation to do that with the utmost grit and respect for our traditions and culture. We must curb our spending, cut taxes, and remain neutral, I long for us to return to the days when America acted on American interests. Not only that, but President Bunt, a good man, was far too soft on the Indian Removal plan which I put forth. We also must turn to a more Pro-America policy on Immigration as our economy bounces back. I stand here as the Conservative option for President, and I am enthusiastic to serve the nation once more. God Bless you all and God Bless America!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:
State of the Union at Election day 1820-Mar 1821

----------------------------------------------------------------------

National Strength: 3rd-tier country, but our industrial potential is great. The late war has shrunk our employment pool and dented out production, but we are growing. 

Military Strength: Our peace-time army is getting a little closer to sufficient with 30,000 men and 12 war ships; however, we proved that we can't defend ourselves without a stronger ally. 

Foreign Affairs: We are allied with France, who now surrounds our borders with land in Quebec, Florida, Cuba, and Mexico. In most ways, they are the senior partner in this relationship, as their military is more likely to defend us than our own, and they have worked a treaty to pay off 50% of our loans. Because of the Treaty, Great Britain is at peace with us. We have exchanged envoys with the French, and we attempted to do the same with the British, but they rebuffed the offer after we declined a trade deal aimed primarily to jab at France. 

Military: We currently have our forces guarding the frontier, and the Georgia/French Florida border for Seminoles. 

Economy: The economy shows a promise of booming in the Northeast. The South is also doing well with Cotton and Sugar Production. The economy is on an upswing, only because things were so bad during the war. The economy should continue to improve. 

Trade: The tariff has been adjusted in favor of the French, and has been raised slightly throughout for revenue. Trade with France and her colonies is now 50% of our trade, while 50% of our trade goes to the rest of Europe, including Britain

Budget: Medium-sized and growing. 80% of revenue comes from Tariffs, 10% through tax, 10% through other. About 60% of our budget is going to military upkeep and to protect the boarders, and toward the creation of more warships. 20% is going to paying off the national debt.  20% is going to government upkeep. Taxes remains low and it needs to be increased to help pay off the loans a lot quicker. Fortunately, France is helping us here. 

Social Harmony: Harmony exists with a sigh of relief that the war is over. The Tories in Massachusetts, once secessionists, are now mostly content; although, they are still Pro-British. Our foreign policy still upsets them. A major slave revolt occurred in Virginia, but it was quelled by the Virginia militia. 

Immigration: Limited, but growing. Europeans, mostly Germans, are flocking to our Northern cities to fill our factories, since the war killed off much of the working population. Some want to restrict immigration. 

Mood of the people: Content, but wary of another war. 

Popularity of the Incumbent: Maxwell has agreed to not seek reelection after filling in for Bunt and Baldwin, both who resigned. Maxwell is viewed favorably. 

Party Power: The Senate is slight Republican majority. The US House has a Republican majority. Governorships are split. 

With Maxwell bowing out, who will be the candidates for Pres and VP for both major parties? If you are running for office, please quote this entire post and let us know what your platform is (please read the State of the Union above): 

Former Vice President Bigelow announces that he will not run for President and endorses Former President Aldridge. Bigelow will be a candidate for the Vice Presidential Nomination again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@WVProgressive and @Kingthero and anyone else still active, we need a Fed Pres nominee and VP nominee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aldridge is delighted to run with Bigelow again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexander Bunt Jr. while visiting family friends in Providence endorses his friend Federalist RI Governor William Davies.

Davies releases his platform  

Slavery: Protect slavery where it exist currently and below the Mason-Dixon line but ban it above as per the Missouri Compromise. Slave revolts threaten national stability and should be dealt with as such. 

War of 1811 and Military: I lost my only son in that war and it changed me, I can not support sending boys to die in a politicians war.

Economic Policy: Protective tariff to encourage economic expansion. Find ways to quicken economic recovery from war. Slightly increase taxes to pay off debt quicker, look for ways so this won't hurt workers. 

French Relations: They now surround us and were the only reason were still independent and as such we need to be on good relation with them, but we should try to enhance ourselves so we wont need them again.

British Relations: They have a powerful presence in world affairs and we should tread lightly with them, we should seek to bring in more trade with them. 

Immigration: Encourage skilled immigrants to come to america to offset war losses.

Army: A volunteer army used only for defense.

Expansion: We need to expand everywhere we can to increase our national power, but only peacefully.

@vcczar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Representative B.D. Mitchell (F-NC) is willing to accept a Vice Presidential nomination on the Federalist ticket if it is offered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OCC: Thanks, I'll do the election write up when I have a solid hour free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×