270soft Forum
LokiLoki22

Moderated debate

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

You're a little hard to understand but it's alright. I definitely don't have the best voice/mic either lmao. Not that it's a bad thing but you definitely don't sound like I imagine you would.

@WVProgressive you got Discord?

Also it's been a while since I've used Discord so I don't really know 100% how it works.

It isn't that hard to figure out

Just now, NYrepublican said:

It isn't that hard to figure out

Damnit now that I think of it you sound almost exactly like one of my brother's friends.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

You're a little hard to understand but it's alright. I definitely don't have the best voice/mic either lmao. Not that it's a bad thing but you definitely don't sound like I imagine you would.

@WVProgressive you got Discord?

Also it's been a while since I've used Discord so I don't really know 100% how it works.

I have discord but not a mic.

Just now, WVProgressive said:

I have discord but not a mic.

@ThePotatoWalrus Could he moderate by keyboard?

May not could

Yeah fam i'm cool with it. Should he provide the questions/topics before the debate or surprise us?

Yeah fam i'm cool with it. Should he provide the questions/topics before the debate or surprise us?

Before so we both know what we're talking about.

Before so we both know what we're talking about.

The topics or the specific questions? Also we may have to delay the thing to give @WVProgressive more than a day to come up with questions. We should plan it after he does.

The topics or the specific questions? Also we may have to delay the thing to give @WVProgressive more than a day to come up with questions. We should plan it after he does.

Agreed. Also what will the debate be on anyway?

Agreed. Also what will the debate be on anyway?

I would assume multiple topics such as taxes, healthcare, gun control, etc. maybe. Though we likely have similar positions on many so arguing some of them would be kind of redundant. 

I would assume multiple topics such as taxes, healthcare, gun control, etc. maybe. Though we likely have similar positions on many so arguing some of them would be kind of redundant. 

Maybe me speaking and @WVProgressive via text and you moderate

Also I work and am generally pretty busy most days so for the debate I would say it should be at most about an hour.

Also I work and am generally pretty busy most days so for the debate I would say it should be at most about an hour.

ok

What?

For the debate since we've little to argue on maybe me and @WVProgressive would debate and you'd moderate.I'd communicate by voice and @wvprogressive by text (with time limits analagous to allowed speaking time)

For the debate since we've little to argue on maybe me and @WVProgressive would debate and you'd moderate.I'd communicate by voice and @wvprogressive by text (with time limits analagous to allowed speaking time)

I mean, sure. I could come up with interesting questions if @WVProgressive was good with it.

I mean, sure. I could come up with interesting questions if @WVProgressive was good with it.

I'm down.

Just now, WVProgressive said:

I'm down.

Alright bois I'll get started today. I'll come up with like, at least eight questions, give each of you one minute to describe your stance on it, and then three minutes to debate it. (Give or take the time it takes to text a response) That gives around 5 minutes per question (at least, I'll allow the discussion to reasonably go on longer than one or three minutes if it's constructive). So 5 minutes per question (at least) x 8 questions = gives at least 40 minutes of discussion. Sound good?

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Alright bois I'll get started today. I'll come up with like, at least eight questions, give each of you one minute to describe your stance on it, and then three minutes to debate it. (Give or take the time it takes to text a response) That gives around 5 minutes per question (at least, I'll allow the discussion to reasonably go on longer than one or three minutes if it's constructive). So 5 minutes per question (at least) x 8 questions = gives at least 40 minutes of discussion. Sound good?

ok just tell me the topics beforehand

Off the top of my head, here are what I can think of (provided you have different views on them)

1. Gun control
2. Marijuana
3. Abortion
4. The Wall
5. Healthcare
6. North Korea
7. Trump Administration
8. Economy

If you want I can form it like a Presidential debate, or a formal argumentative debate.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Off the top of my head, here are what I can think of (provided you have different views on them)

1. Gun control
2. Marijuana
3. Abortion
4. The Wall
5. Healthcare
6. North Korea
7. Trump Administration
8. Economy

If you want I can form it like a Presidential debate, or a formal argumentative debate.

If it's "Trump Administration," I have no interest in following it. I really wish, right now, I could put Trump, and all mention of him, on ignore in RL like he was just some troll on an Internet forum. He's become a hackneyed joke...

Just now, Patine said:

If it's "Trump Administration," I have no interest in following it. I really wish, right now, I could put Trump, and all mention of him, on ignore in RL like he was just some troll on an Internet forum. He's become a hackneyed joke...

I'm sure they could both talk trash about the administration if it pleases the crown

3 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'm sure they could both talk trash about the administration if it pleases the crown

I am not "the Crown." I have no desire whatsoever to be a monarch - either a figurehead or absolute one!

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

I am not "the Crown." I have no desire whatsoever to be a monarch - either a figurehead or absolute one!

As you wish, your Highness.

@ThePotatoWalrus you available tomorrow at Noon EST it can just be practice I'll send you a topic list.It can be between just us as debate practice.