270soft Forum
NYrepublican

The resistance game

On 2018-04-05 at 1:04 PM, NYrepublican said:

I plan for it to be semi-realistic (though some things will probably be a little less so to say the least) I do need text and ideas for how elections and momentum would be handled in-game.

It almost reminds me of LCS in it's premise, which is a game that (to me) got WAY funnier after 2016.

6 hours ago, LokiLoki22 said:

It almost reminds me of LCS in it's premise, which is a game that (to me) got WAY funnier after 2016.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that acronym.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that acronym.

Liberal Crime Squad. By the bloke who did Dwarf Fortress IIRC.

13 minutes ago, Caprice said:

Liberal Crime Squad. By the bloke who did Dwarf Fortress IIRC.

I've never heard of either, to be honest. Then again, there's a LOT of games nowadays I'm unfamiliar with, and lack the vivo to learn about, and certainly lack the interest to buy. I'm pretty picky in the computer games I buy nowadays.

5 hours ago, Patine said:

I've never heard of either, to be honest. Then again, there's a LOT of games nowadays I'm unfamiliar with, and lack the vivo to learn about, and certainly lack the interest to buy. I'm pretty picky in the computer games I buy nowadays.

They're both free, open source.

21 minutes ago, LokiLoki22 said:

They're both free, open source.

Will probably download them soon,especially since I'm a fan of FOSS (Free Open Source Software). I will probably be open-sourcing the game soon.

3 minutes ago, RI Democrat said:

Will it be possible to get ye flask in this game?

(Points for anyone who gets the reference.)

we'll see, I just made a GitHub repository for the game.

https://github.com/ZacharyNY/Resist.git

I have yet to upload anything to the repository, if you want to contribute anything feel free to do so.

I just uploaded the source code to Github look under the Command-line branch in the project.

@ThePotatoWalrus @WVProgressive  @vcczar @Patine @Rodja @Conservative Elector 2 @Caprice @RI Democrat

@LokiLoki22

Is anyone interested in assisting game development?

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Is anyone interested in assisting game development?

How so? Since yours is a text game I would not be able to assist in design.

9 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

How so? Since yours is a text game I would not be able to assist in design.

there's also going to be a graphical version.

Could you do the interface for the graphical version,wireframes and that @ThePotatoWalrus you're a good graphics designer.

22 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

SO anyone?

I'm going to be honest with you. If I am going to do, or be involved in, a project centred on a "resistance to tyranny" theme (of which I've dealt with quite a few in my unpublished fiction writing), I only really have an interest in dealing with a purely fictional tyrant as the focus of resistance, not a real world figure or some alternate history against a historical figure.

Just now, Patine said:

I'm going to be honest with you. If I am going to do, or be involved in, a project centred on a "resistance to tyranny" theme (of which I've dealt with quite a few in my unpublished fiction writing), I only really have an interest in dealing with a purely fictional tyrant as the focus of resistance, not a real world figure or some alternate history against a historical figure.

I mainly chose Trump because it's the first that came to mind. If you want me to make a non-Trump branch of the project I can.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

I mainly chose Trump because it's the first that came to mind. If you want me to make a non-Trump branch of the project I can.

While I'm flattered you're willing to suddenly change the whole direction and a huge part of the premise of your project just to get me on board, that act alone also makes me dubious of your commitment to this project and thus it's probable longevity.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

While I'm flattered you're willing to suddenly change the whole direction and a huge part of the premise of your project just to get me on board, that act alone also makes me dubious of your commitment to this project and thus it's probable longevity.

I only made the offer because I'm thinking of re-coding the entire project anyway and the project is only in its alpha stage and easy to change at this point. (I also might recode it from python to something else). 

Beside @Patine it's probably best to make a general framework for resistance-themed games and have different flavors.

Guys Big announcement from now on I plan on using linux as my primary OS in a dual boot (basically I have both windows and linux installed)  configuration (so I can still play PI and all the rest of my windows games) so development will likely be linux based as its what I'm using. I plan to use cross-platform technologies so this shouldn't be a massive issue but I MAY add in some linux only test features temporarily sometimes.

On 4/2/2018 at 6:17 PM, NYrepublican said:

So lately I've been toying with the idea of creating a "Resistance" (to Trump,of course) game. It will be an old school style text based thing for right (for the simple reason that I need practice in a few things before moving on to graphical game design) now Tell me what you guys think of this idea

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams

game_start.JPG.e2c4e3ab44363919bc8da9b67d309124.JPG

Resistance is futile. :P

On 4/22/2018 at 4:56 PM, NYrepublican said:

Guys Big announcement from now on I plan on using linux as my primary OS in a dual boot (basically I have both windows and linux installed)  configuration (so I can still play PI and all the rest of my windows games) so development will likely be linux based as its what I'm using. I plan to use cross-platform technologies so this shouldn't be a massive issue but I MAY add in some linux only test features temporarily sometimes.

This is not happening right now it probably will in the future once I install it to my external 1 TBhard drive (Which I plan to also use as a backup drive which cant be affected by malware as windows cant read EXT4.)

Anyone interested or able to help for either the GUI or CLI version.

Here's how to use Github so you can contribute 

@ThePotatoWalrus @WVProgressive  @vcczar @Patine @Rodja @Conservative Elector 2 @Caprice @RI Democrat

@LokiLoki22 @TheMiddlePolitical @jvikings1 @servo75

https://guides.github.com/activities/hello-world/

I'll make some issues in the repository soon for people to contribute to.

@LokiLoki22 @TheMiddlePolitical @jvikings1 @servo75

I just opened up a few issues on the repository for people to contribute towards.