Jump to content
270soft Forum
NYrepublican

The resistance game

Recommended Posts

So lately I've been toying with the idea of creating a "Resistance" (to Trump,of course) game. It will be an old school style text based thing for right (for the simple reason that I need practice in a few things before moving on to graphical game design) now Tell me what you guys think of this idea

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams

game_start.JPG.e2c4e3ab44363919bc8da9b67d309124.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

So lately I've been toying with the idea of creating a "Resistance" (to Trump,of course) game. It will be an old school style text based thing for right (for the simple reason that I need practice in a few things before moving on to graphical game design) now Tell me what you guys think of this idea

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams

game_start.JPG.e2c4e3ab44363919bc8da9b67d309124.JPG

I remember playing text games back when I was young - on Apple II series, Vic 20, Texas Instruments, and Commodore 64 computers in the 80's...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Patine said:

I remember playing text games back when I was young - on Apple II series, Vic 20, Texas Instruments, and Commodore 64 computers in the 80's...

Honestly I wish I experienced that time period. Back then gaming was honest and a hobby, and nowadays big companies greed have turned my support in favor of indie games such as PI and KSP (though, KSP has been purchased by a bigger company)

Lowkey argued a commie point for a sec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Honestly I wish I experienced that time period. Back then gaming was honest and a hobby, and nowadays big companies greed have turned my support in favor of indie games such as PI and KSP (though, KSP has been purchased by a bigger company)

Lowkey argued a commie point for a sec

How so?

50 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

So lately I've been toying with the idea of creating a "Resistance" (to Trump,of course) game. It will be an old school style text based thing for right (for the simple reason that I need practice in a few things before moving on to graphical game design) now Tell me what you guys think of this idea

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams

game_start.JPG.e2c4e3ab44363919bc8da9b67d309124.JPG

This seems extremely interesting, I'm intrigued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Admitting corporate greed exists, lol

How is that a Communist talking point instead of reality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

How is that a Communist talking point instead of reality?

Lol, true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like an interesting idea.Could be a great game if done objectivly and not like a parody of any side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

So lately I've been toying with the idea of creating a "Resistance" (to Trump,of course) game. It will be an old school style text based thing for right (for the simple reason that I need practice in a few things before moving on to graphical game design) now Tell me what you guys think of this idea

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams

game_start.JPG.e2c4e3ab44363919bc8da9b67d309124.JPG

I hate to say it, but if you just changed what was after the "anti-", the title of office after "the evil" and the nation being conspired with, and the one being conspired against, that intro could still be used, otherwise intact, and with the same title, for a WW2 Free French Resistance game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Patine said:

I hate to say it, but if you just changed what was after the "anti-", the title of office after "the evil" and the nation being conspired with, and the one being conspired against, that intro could still be used, otherwise intact, and with the same title, for a WW2 Free French Resistance game...

That is a pretty stellar game idea anyhow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone can recommend documentation for adding one day to a given date please send it to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two big breakthroughts

1. I've figured out how to implement a time scheme

2.I've also figured out how to make a command GUI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this idea for a game, but you need to rewrite your sentences in the game to make the grammatically and mechanically as sound as possible. That is to say, get a proofreader. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little short on ideas,aside from elections what else should be potential game options  @ThePotatoWalrus @WVProgressive  @vcczar @Patine @Rodja @Conservative Elector 2 and all else interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I'm a little short on ideas,aside from elections what else should be potential game options  @ThePotatoWalrus @WVProgressive  @vcczar @Patine @Rodja @Conservative Elector 2 and all else interested.

Maybe staging protests, and marches and, as really extreme options domestic terrorism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Here's the game as is right now

game teaser.mp4

What do you guys think of this?  @ThePotatoWalrus @WVProgressive  @vcczar @Patine @Rodja @Conservative Elector 2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

What do you guys think of this?  @ThePotatoWalrus @WVProgressive  @vcczar @Patine @Rodja @Conservative Elector 2 

I don't have time to look. All I know is someone needs to proofread your writing for grammar/mechanics/style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it has a lot of potential. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God I love me a good text based game, so rare these days. Will this be semi-serious/realistic, or Sierra Games style over-the-top? I write as a hobby, and would be willing to contribute text to either, but you'd have to tell me what sort of thing to write (style, situation, outcome, prior choices, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LokiLoki22 said:

God I love me a good text based game, so rare these days. Will this be semi-serious/realistic, or Sierra Games style over-the-top? I write as a hobby, and would be willing to contribute text to either, but you'd have to tell me what sort of thing to write (style, situation, outcome, prior choices, etc.)

I plan for it to be semi-realistic (though some things will probably be a little less so to say the least) I do need text and ideas for how elections and momentum would be handled in-game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×