270soft Forum
NYrepublican

The resistance game

So lately I've been toying with the idea of creating a "Resistance" (to Trump,of course) game. It will be an old school style text based thing for right (for the simple reason that I need practice in a few things before moving on to graphical game design) now Tell me what you guys think of this idea

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams

game_start.JPG.e2c4e3ab44363919bc8da9b67d309124.JPG

14 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

So lately I've been toying with the idea of creating a "Resistance" (to Trump,of course) game. It will be an old school style text based thing for right (for the simple reason that I need practice in a few things before moving on to graphical game design) now Tell me what you guys think of this idea

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams

I remember playing text games back when I was young - on Apple II series, Vic 20, Texas Instruments, and Commodore 64 computers in the 80's...

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

I remember playing text games back when I was young - on Apple II series, Vic 20, Texas Instruments, and Commodore 64 computers in the 80's...

Honestly I wish I experienced that time period. Back then gaming was honest and a hobby, and nowadays big companies greed have turned my support in favor of indie games such as PI and KSP (though, KSP has been purchased by a bigger company)

Lowkey argued a commie point for a sec

18 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Honestly I wish I experienced that time period. Back then gaming was honest and a hobby, and nowadays big companies greed have turned my support in favor of indie games such as PI and KSP (though, KSP has been purchased by a bigger company)

Lowkey argued a commie point for a sec

How so?

50 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

This seems extremely interesting, I'm intrigued.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Admitting corporate greed exists, lol

How is that a Communist talking point instead of reality?

12 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

How is that a Communist talking point instead of reality?

Lol, true

I am in.

Seems like an interesting idea.Could be a great game if done objectivly and not like a parody of any side.

8 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

I hate to say it, but if you just changed what was after the "anti-", the title of office after "the evil" and the nation being conspired with, and the one being conspired against, that intro could still be used, otherwise intact, and with the same title, for a WW2 Free French Resistance game...

6 hours ago, Patine said:

I hate to say it, but if you just changed what was after the "anti-", the title of office after "the evil" and the nation being conspired with, and the one being conspired against, that intro could still be used, otherwise intact, and with the same title, for a WW2 Free French Resistance game...

That is a pretty stellar game idea anyhow

If anyone can recommend documentation for adding one day to a given date please send it to me.

Two big breakthroughts

1. I've figured out how to implement a time scheme

2.I've also figured out how to make a command GUI

I like this idea for a game, but you need to rewrite your sentences in the game to make the grammatically and mechanically as sound as possible. That is to say, get a proofreader. 

I'm a little short on ideas,aside from elections what else should be potential game options  @ThePotatoWalrus @WVProgressive  @vcczar @Patine @Rodja @Conservative Elector 2 and all else interested.

15 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I'm a little short on ideas,aside from elections what else should be potential game options  @ThePotatoWalrus @WVProgressive  @vcczar @Patine @Rodja @Conservative Elector 2 and all else interested.

Maybe staging protests, and marches and, as really extreme options domestic terrorism. 

19 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Here's the game as is right now

game teaser.mp4

What do you guys think of this?  @ThePotatoWalrus @WVProgressive  @vcczar @Patine @Rodja @Conservative Elector 2 

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

What do you guys think of this?  @ThePotatoWalrus @WVProgressive  @vcczar @Patine @Rodja @Conservative Elector 2 

I don't have time to look. All I know is someone needs to proofread your writing for grammar/mechanics/style. 

I think it has a lot of potential. 

God I love me a good text based game, so rare these days. Will this be semi-serious/realistic, or Sierra Games style over-the-top? I write as a hobby, and would be willing to contribute text to either, but you'd have to tell me what sort of thing to write (style, situation, outcome, prior choices, etc.)

30 minutes ago, LokiLoki22 said:

God I love me a good text based game, so rare these days. Will this be semi-serious/realistic, or Sierra Games style over-the-top? I write as a hobby, and would be willing to contribute text to either, but you'd have to tell me what sort of thing to write (style, situation, outcome, prior choices, etc.)

I plan for it to be semi-realistic (though some things will probably be a little less so to say the least) I do need text and ideas for how elections and momentum would be handled in-game.