270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Zuckerberg and Facebook

I pretty much knew, somewhere inside, years ago that this kind of Facebook would happen. I always found Facebook and it's terms of service "fishy" from the start, and never trusted Mark Zuckerberg from the first actual quotes of meaning about his "vision for the Internet" I heard from him. I had NEVER existed on Facebook, never had an account, not even a dummy account. I missed my uncle's funeral because of this, as it was entirely arranged through Facebook conversations. Zuckerberg always struck me, despite being a fresh-faced, pleasant-demeanored man NOW, could, if unchecked and he fully got his way, grow into something akin to George Orwell's character Big Brother from the novel "1984" (in fact, coincidentally, that was Zuckerberg's birthyear). As @Presidentinsertname likes to say, 'called it!" But, logically, is it symbolically wise to put so much trust in a big business venture with a large amount of free material as a draw-in and such a plastic, fake, façade run and pushed by a guy whose last name translates as "Sugartown?"

On 3/26/2018 at 3:51 PM, Patine said:

I pretty much knew, somewhere inside, years ago that this kind of Facebook would happen. I always found Facebook and it's terms of service "fishy" from the start, and never trusted Mark Zuckerberg from the first actual quotes of meaning about his "vision for the Internet" I heard from him. I had NEVER existed on Facebook, never had an account, not even a dummy account. I missed my uncle's funeral because of this, as it was entirely arranged through Facebook conversations. Zuckerberg always struck me, despite being a fresh-faced, pleasant-demeanored man NOW, could, if unchecked and he fully got his way, grow into something akin to George Orwell's character Big Brother from the novel "1984" (in fact, coincidentally, that was Zuckerberg's birthyear). As @Presidentinsertname likes to say, 'called it!" But, logically, is it symbolically wise to put so much trust in a big business venture with a large amount of free material as a draw-in and such a plastic, fake, façade run and pushed by a guy whose last name translates as "Sugartown?"

Yeah, I hate Facebook too, but literally if he didn't do it somebody else would have and the same thing would have happened. No way to stop it unless you completely banned social media, which, as you say often, is an 'Orwellian' concept, and totally totalitarian.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:17 PM, Wiw said:

I'm sorry, what'd they do now?

Facebook harvested the data of 87 Million users, and violated users privacy by breaching their messages, and not deleting 'deleted' content. Not the first time this has happened.

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎04 at 4:45 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Facebook harvested the data of 87 Million users, and violated users privacy by breaching their messages, and not deleting 'deleted' content. Not the first time this has happened.

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎05 at 4:45 PM, Wiw said:

Oh, that's just great.

Who knows what "evil" lurks in the hearts of Internet users? The "shadow profiles" know (which apparently Zuckerberg claims to have never heard of and have no knowledge of).

12 minutes ago, Patine said:

Who knows what "evil" lurks in the hearts of Internet users? The "shadow profiles" know (which apparently Zuckerberg claims to have never heard of and have no knowledge of).

The House was much smarter than the senate in their questions.

Zuckerberg is a manlet lizard who needed a booster seat lmao. Probably helps him with being self-conscious after shedding his scales every morning.