270soft Forum
NYrepublican

Primaries for CI

I'm curious if anything could be implemented in way of this?

I'd like to have establishment vs moderate democrats primaries.

Also on this topic @admin_270 in a personal campaign I made I noticed a new bug in PI. Namely turnout is all messed up.

42 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

It's a possible feature for PMI and CI, but there aren't plans to do this at this point.

@admin_270

Another thing (or related thing on nominations) about PMI. In some very old Canadian and British Parliamentary elections, as well as very early United States House of Representatives elections, the parties had no formal whips, campaigning organization for elections nationally, a national warchest, national advertising and formal party nominations. Each candidate ran and funded their own campaign entirely, on their own dime (a dime was worth a LOT more back then :P ), along with whomever's patronage they could get (fundraising and endorsement were somewhat different then, too), and personally each promoted themselves, with no real expectation or likelihood of the "national party" taking up any financial or infrastructure burdens of their campaigns. Also, because of a lack of formal party nominations, there was often the case, in all three nations in those days, of two or even multiple candidates running in the same constituency/electoral district on the same party label. Although I don't have any immediate ideas of how to exactly handle, in possible game rules, that very different way Parliamentary and Congressional elections were done in those older days, I thought I'd throw it out there to be possibly considered.

@Patine

Yes, very old campaigns in the States also have similar kinds of problems. Some of these sorts of issues might be dealt with as official campaigns are added for older year, but at this point there's no plan to try to deal with these sorts of things.

13 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

I'd like to have establishment vs moderate democrats primaries.

I know once Anthony releases the two-round system, we can have open jungle primaries(such as the ones in California or Louisana). And you can create a Center-Left Democratic Party backing Nancy Pelosi, or a Left wing party willing to work with the establishment under certain conditions. Even go so far to create a BlueDog faction. And for the GoP create: an establishment "Business class" party that'll back Paul Ryan; A  freedom caucus faction backing either Justin Amish or Mark Sanford; and so on. 

Because in those states, that's what they open primaries are essentially, what faction of the two big parties should represent you. This is best noted in 2016 California's US senate race, when Republicans failed to make it to the runoff. So they rallied behind the more conservative BlueDog Democrat in hopes it can stop Kamala Harris. It didn't.

On 3/23/2018 at 7:35 PM, admin_270 said:

@NYrepublican

Can you tell me what exactly is messed up with turnout in your user designed campaign in PI?

It's a  personal campaign with 150 voters (I think it's because PI doesn't handle small numbers well). Only 122 actually show and vote.

Also, it'd be really nice(though I know this'd dramatically increase the system requirements for the game) if we could see results in the district with a district map divided by regions and there respective votes. Imagine how cool it'd be to be able to zoom-in on a region voting map for a US-house election.I know this feature probably won't come soon but it'd be really cool to have it. THIS WOULD BE A COMPLETELY OPTIONAL FEATURE AND WOULD NOT BE ENABLED IN DEFAULT SCENARIOS UNLESS ANTHONY SO CHOOSES.

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

Also, it'd be really nice(though I know this'd dramatically increase the system requirements for the game) if we could see results in the district with a district map divided by regions and there respective votes. Imagine how cool it'd be to be able to zoom-in on a region voting map for a US-house election.I know this feature probably won't come soon but it'd be really cool to have it.

Oh, please, not this one again. This is like the county results request for PI, you know. Both of those ideas would literally kill any but the recent or upcoming elections for the whole Federal United States specifically in terms of fan-made scenarios. I will stand staunchly against the idea because it would be the literal death knell for the aspects of the game I enjoy most, and what I consider the game's biggest potential.

17 minutes ago, Patine said:

Oh, please, not this one again. This is like the county results request for PI, you know. Both of those ideas would literally kill any but the recent or upcoming elections for the whole Federal United States specifically in terms of fan-made scenarios. I will stand staunchly against the idea because it would be the literal death knell for the aspects of the game I enjoy most, and what I consider the game's biggest potential.

Sorry I forgot the last part of the post.I've fixed it up.

11 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Sorry I forgot the last part of the post.I've fixed it up.

Thank-you. As you and I both know, inaccurate and/or incomplete presentation of intention can negative or unexpected results.

Also @admin_270 any reason negotiations haven't been implemented in CI  to form a legislative coalition?

22 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Also @admin_270 any reason negotiations haven't been implemented in CI  to form a legislative coalition?

I second that. A LOT of my planned CI projects won't work properly at all without such a feature.

I feel like this would be quite easy to implement with CI after giving candidates there own personal issue stances 

On 3/24/2018 at 5:42 PM, NYrepublican said:

It's a  personal campaign with 150 voters (I think it's because PI doesn't handle small numbers well). Only 122 actually show and vote.

When starting, does the sum of the candidates' percentages = 100? For example, if you have alternative candidates who have 20% of the vote, the game engine will scale down turnout if those candidates are turned to off.

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

When starting, does the sum of the candidates' percentages = 100? For example, if you have alternative candidates who have 20% of the vote, the game engine will scale down turnout if those candidates are turned to off.

It equals 97.4

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

It equals 97.4

please note @admin_270 this figure includes undecideds.

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

If you scale up intended turnout to, say, 1,500 instead of 150, what happens?

It has only 1276 total

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

It has only 1276 total

Just now, admin_270 said:

Send it as a compressed (zipped) folder, and I can look at it to see what is happening. https://270soft.com/contact

I recall the old Prime Minister Forever, Chancellor Forever, and Premier Forever games used to work with one or more ridings with only a few hundred voters each...

12 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Send it as a compressed (zipped) folder, and I can look at it to see what is happening. https://270soft.com/contact

OK just let me change some names and replace some photos with blanks as a lot of the info is personal

30 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Just sent.