270soft Forum
NYrepublican

naming candidates when applying for ballot in CI and PMI

I can't stand it how it's labeled as unknown please mandate or at least allow us to name candidates @admin_270

In the latest version of CI (which may be the internal version), if you get on the ballot, the candidate's name is the name of the party ('Republican', 'Democrat' and so on).

14 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I can't stand it how it's labeled as unknown please mandate or at least allow us to name candidates @admin_270

Actually, I'm glad you brought this up. I'm a bit concerned about something in this regard. Although the U.S. and Canada don't have specific laws about regional parties running outside their home regions (although common sense often prevents them, unless it's a publicity stunt, I guess), the legislative bodies of some nations don't allow such free registry for regional parties outside their home region, because said parties enjoy certain fundraising, advertising, and other privileges in their home regions (Indian, Italian, German, Belgian, and I believe Spanish regional parties come to mind in that regard). Also, though I believe it's not represented as an in-game restriction in UK PMI, I believe a similar restriction exists on parties registered as Northern Irish Parties registering candidates in Great Britain.

5 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

In the latest version of CI (which may be the internal version), if you get on the ballot, the candidate's name is the name of the party ('Republican', 'Democrat' and so on).

Yes I know, I would like to change that even if only optionally it always bugged me.