Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

US Presidential History RP

Recommended Posts

(I would love a role play which is involving fictional votes on issues. Like a fictional Senate or Supreme Court consisting of the most active forum members. To get it more dynamical the composition could change every few days/weeks and the members who have to sit out a session could become a member of the executive team which could propose new laws etc. to the voting members - this could also be down by an overall master (e.g. you). I am not sure but I would love this concept because answering polls is my favourite thing in this forum. An additional idea would be that the comparison of the voting body could be decided by a vote from forum members. The only disadvantage here could be that this vote would be certainly along partisan lines... and someone should write down a record with statistics. E.g.: repeal of Obamacare - 5-4 (who voted how) - date, because when I play a game I love statistics to look upon the most)

 

Edit: issues to vote on could be those from the Trump presidency or starting earlier. We could also see how we would have voted on what matters to America since President Washington. Perhaps the US would be a better place or a worse... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@vcczar should have tagged you, my bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

(I would love a role play which is involving fictional votes on issues. Like a fictional Senate or Supreme Court consisting of the most active forum members. To get it more dynamical the composition could change every few days/weeks and the members who have to sit out a session could become a member of the executive team which could propose new laws etc. to the voting members - this could also be down by an overall master (e.g. you). I am not sure but I would love this concept because answering polls is my favourite thing in this forum. An additional idea would be that the comparison of the voting body could be decided by a vote from forum members. The only disadvantage here could be that this vote would be certainly along partisan lines... and someone should write down a record with statistics. E.g.: repeal of Obamacare - 5-4 (who voted how) - date, because when I play a game I love statistics to look upon the most)

 

Edit: issues to vote on could be those from the Trump presidency or starting earlier. We could also see how we would have voted on what matters to America since President Washington. Perhaps the US would be a better place or a worse... 

This only works, and it seems most RPs only work, if those that join stay involved. My President RP idea would only require that the president RPer be involved. Since everyone else will have to wait their turn to become president to either continue the success of the president or to change the direction of the country. The only time I'd need all the RPers would be to vote for a new president. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, vcczar said:

This only works, and it seems most RPs only work, if those that join stay involved. My President RP idea would only require that the president RPer be involved. Since everyone else will have to wait their turn to become president to either continue the success of the president or to change the direction of the country. The only time I'd need all the RPers would be to vote for a new president. 

Yeah i just thought about the reason why most RPs are fading away within some time. Voting is what I would love to do the most and from what I have seen people seem to enjoy polls in our forum s well. I do not know if others would support such RP as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, vcczar said:

(I feel as if people are losing interest in this RP. I think I may start a new, simpler version RP, if this one does fizzle out. In regards, to this one, I'd like the players to organically make the events occur, rather than me artificially inserting them to get people to respond. My new RP idea will simply involve Presidential Decisions and Events. Basically, it will be me the RP Master presenting events/decision to whichever "player" is elected president for that term. Therefore, very simple.) 

 

I apologize. Haven't had the time-and mental energy- this week to post/dedicate time, with a close family member in the hospital.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I apologize. Haven't had the time-and mental energy- this week to post/dedicate time, with a close family member in the hospital.  

I'm sorry to hear that. All the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@vcczar

Ah thank you. My stepfather is doing well now. Just hard coming from work and going straight to the hospital to check up on him, and then go online to rp history. But thank you nonetheless! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

@vcczar

Ah thank you. My stepfather is doing well now. Just hard coming from work and going straight to the hospital to check up on him, and then go online to rp history. But thank you nonetheless! 

All the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

@vcczar

Ah thank you. My stepfather is doing well now. Just hard coming from work and going straight to the hospital to check up on him, and then go online to rp history. But thank you nonetheless! 

I know what family loss is like. I've lost all four grandparents, my father, and one of my uncles have passed away in lifetime (in fact, in my adult lifetime). So I wish you well, and am glad to hear that such a loss was averted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×