270soft Forum
vcczar

US Presidential History RP

Name:  Dakota MikVinsky (Mick-Vin-Ski)

State:  Pennsylvania 

Political Party: Federalist/Independent (Created a small party the "Free Eagle" party that supports the Constitution, and champions against slavery and racism. 

Current Profession: Lawyer

Short-term goal: Become a Senator

Long-term goal:   President or Supreme Court Justice 

Background:  Dakota MikVinsky, A half Native American, half Russian Lawyer of the Blackfoot Indian tribe is a popular, well liked Lawyer and Attorney for Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania he currently serves majorly as being a racism, and xenophobe fighting, and hate crime fighting Lawyer. With his mother being full Blackfoot inidan, and his father being a Russian immigrant, he is diffidently a mixed basket of culture, but he is here to change the culture, and future of the United States. 

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Name:  Dakota MikVinsky (Mick-Vin-Ski)

State:  Pennsylvania 

Political Party: Federalist/Independent (Created a small party the "Free Eagle" party that supports the Constitution, and champions against slavery and racism. 

Current Profession: Lawyer

Short-term goal: Become a Senator

Long-term goal:   President or Supreme Court Justice 

Background:  Dakota MikVinsky, A half Native American, half Russian Lawyer of the Blackfoot Indian tribe is a popular, well liked Lawyer and Attorney for Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania he currently serves majorly as being a racism, and xenophobe fighting, and hate crime fighting Lawyer. With his mother being full Blackfoot inidan, and his father being a Russian immigrant, he is diffidently a mixed basket of culture, but he is here to change the culture, and future of the United States. 

A very interesting character. Pennsylvania might be the only state he could succeed in during the early Republic. His stance against slavery would probably isolate him, and make him a radical, even among radicals, at this time. This character is interesting because he's definitely going to have to play a long game. He probably won't see any real national support until he's 70; that is, unless the country changes. 

Name: James Dayton

State: NJ

Political Party: Anti-Federalists

Current Profession: New Jersey Governor

Short term goal: To become Secretary of the Treasury. 

Long term goal: To weaken the influence of the central government of the United States of America, particularly in regards to weakening federal control over fiscal policy and states rights issues including tariffs and slaves. 

Background: Mr. James Dayton is an aristocratic and incredibly wealthy man, and he has often been viewed as efficient and ruthless, and even somewhat radical within regards to his vision for the budding republic. He is an incredibly strong supporter of individual liberties and a free market, and believes that the government should have the most minimal role in the daily lives of her citizens as possible. He was viewed as one of the leading radicals of the Revolutionary War, and was additionally one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. 

Dayton signed into law the Articles of Confederation for the state of New Jersey, and had a very prominent role in ensuring the weakness of the federal government within the constitutional document. However, with the Articles of Confederation proving to be inefficient and a stronger central government emerging, Dayton was forced to adapt. His staunch opposition to monarchical authority made him perhaps the most prominent Anti-Federalist within the United States of America, and he seeks to coalesce a coalition of like minded revolutionaries to keep the government weak, small, and as unimportant as possible while fulfilling the basic functions of a government. 

I just wanted clarification that these short term goals and long term goals are realistic enough. 

1 hour ago, CalebsParadox said:

Name: James Dayton

State: NJ

Political Party: Anti-Federalists

Current Profession: New Jersey Governor

Short term goal: To become Secretary of the Treasury. 

Long term goal: To influence monetary policy of future Presidents, whether serving within their cabinet or acting as an outside and unofficial adviser. 

Background: (To be created later, I have the idea for it though)

I just wanted clarification that these short term goals and long term goals are realistic enough. 

Yeah they are. However, playing as an anti-federalist would probably take you out of the running for treasury sec; atleast in the first administration. In theory, as an anti-federalist, you'd be opposed to the new central government by default. In short, you are wishing to preserve the articles of confederation, which means you don't want a strong executive or a strong national treasury department. A more realistic short term goal would be to thwart the new government, probably through becoming a US Rep, or more so, a state governor. 

If I may play :P

I would be up to play this kind of character

Name: Samuel Lewis Jr

State: New York

Political Party: Federalist => Moderate federalist, open to the confederates

Current Profession: Foreign Ambassador and Diplomat

Short term goal: To become Governor of New York (I would like that he seeks the primary then the nomination of his party for the gubernatorial election of NY).

Long term goal: To become Secretary of State then Vice President or President.

Background: Samuel Lewis Jr is the son of a rich family from NY, he grew up in prestigious schools and went to France and England in the duty to learn the nature of diplomacy. He speaks a fluent French from his daily -little- missions during the War in the support of Franklin's mission, then when the Constitution debate happened he became really interested by the ideas of the Confederalists.

However, he joined the Federalists due to the electorate of his state which is highly in favor of Federalism, and due to his personnal ambition, become Govenor of New York.

Despite his party, he stays one of the moderates who can agree with a really moderate Federacy.

For now, he is seeking the first days of the election he is running in.

3 hours ago, Sami said:

If I may play :P

I would be up to play this kind of character

Name: Samuel Lewis Jr

State: New York

Political Party: Federalist => Moderate federalist, open to the confederates

Current Profession: Foreign Ambassador and Diplomat

Short term goal: To become Governor of New York (I would like that he seeks the primary then the nomination of his party for the gubernatorial election of NY).

Long term goal: To become Secretary of State then Vice President or President.

Background: Samuel Lewis Jr is the son of a rich family from NY, he grew up in prestigious schools and went to France and England in the duty to learn the nature of diplomacy. He speaks a fluent French from his daily -little- missions during the War in the support of Franklin's mission, then when the Constitution debate happened he became really interested by the ideas of the Confederalists.

However, he joined the Federalists due to the electorate of his state which is highly in favor of Federalism, and due to his personnal ambition, become Govenor of New York.

Despite his party, he stays one of the moderates who can agree with a really moderate Federacy.

For now, he is seeking the first days of the election he is running in.

Excellent

@vcczar if ok I would like to change my guy. I want to try something different, that will be more fun and step outside of my normal self.

52 minutes ago, Joshen said:

@vcczar if ok I would like to change my guy. I want to try something different, that will be more fun and step outside of my normal self.

That's fine. 

52 minutes ago, Joshen said:

Can you talk @Reagan04 into such a more interesting departure of character, too?

4 hours ago, Joshen said:

Stepping outside your normal self should be fun, I'm going to attempt to do the same. We need more staunch anti federalists. 

@Joshen

I'll probably start the RP once you create your new guy. 

@everyone else 

As I am busy for two weeks, the RP will move slowly for two weeks, but I'd like to get it started. 

Name: John Jacob Rutledge

State: South Carolina

Political Party: Anti-Federalist

Current Profession: Shopkeeper, former General

Short-term goal:  South Carolina State Governor

Long-term goal:  President

Background: Coming from a poor-as-dirt family, John Rutledge gained fame as a pub manager, and riled up the bar often with thunderous speeches filled with hatred of the British. As his pub gained fame, he was a hot heated figure, and had multiple duels with rival pub owners, which he all won. He fought in the Revolutionary War and was known for his valiant efforts when the Americans were badly outnumbered. He is very popular in South Carolina, and created a large shop which attracts many visitors each day. He believes in very small government, very little taxes, and is pro-slavery.

@vcczar

25 minutes ago, Joshen said:

Name: John Jacob Rutledge

State: South Carolina

Political Party: Anti-Federalist

Current Profession: Shopkeeper, former General

Short-term goal:  South Carolina State Governor

Long-term goal:  President

Background: Coming from a poor-as-dirt family, John Rutledge gained fame as a pub manager, and riled up the bar often with thunderous speeches filled with hatred of the British. As his pub gained fame, he was a hot heated figure, and had multiple duels with rival pub owners, which he all won. He fought in the Revolutionary War and was known for his valiant efforts when the Americans were badly outnumbered. He is very popular in South Carolina, and created a large shop which attracts many visitors each day. He believes in very small government, very little taxes, and is pro-slavery.

@vcczar

Ok, I'm about to go off to teach some classes. I'll probably have the first post of the RP up tonight or tomorrow. 

Chapter 1 - December 15, 1788: The Presidential Election

Finally, the Constitution has secured the ratification necessary to embark on a new federal government for the United States. For the most part, national leaders endorse the constitution; although, some are hesitant to throw in full support without a bill of rights. For the new government to function, a new chief of executive must be elected by the presidential electors chosen by the state legislatures, and in rare cases, the propertied and free people of the more democratic states. 

However, who will lead in an America without a clear figure to rally behind (No Washington, no Franklin, no Adams, no Jefferson in this near-mirror universe)? 

For one, it seems necessary to hold the union together with a balanced ticket--a northerner and southerner--as president and vice president. Only a few names have been proposed for the presidency, all with some level of drawback:

• Mr. Dudley Winthrop of Massachusetts, who is arguably the wealthiest man in New England, but also its stupidest and most insecure. Additionally, he is only 35 years old, the youngest possible age for the presidency. @vcczar
  • Judge Jefferson Bunt of Virginia, an experienced state judge who has long desired power. However, some believe he is more suited for the Supreme Court.  @WVProgressive
  • Rev. Richard Taylor of Virginia, a Southern Baptist preacher with no real apparent political experience. Some fear he may have a difficult time with the separation of Church and State. Additionally, he is only 38 years old. @Reagan04
  • Mr. Timothy Stockton of New Jersey, a lawyer that helped finance the Revolution. He is only 39 and those that know him say that he is more interested in an advisory capacity, than in holding political office at this time. @Rodja
  • Mr. Theodore Penn of Pennsylvania, a successful surveyor, who has been vocal about politics, but who has not himself held political office. He is also only 37 years old. 
  • Gov. James Dayton of New Jersey, the incumbent governor of New Jersey. While very experienced, he does not support the Constitution; therefore, he doesn't even believe in the office for which he has been proposed. Lastly, he is 64 years old, which some consider as potentially too old for the job. @CalebsParadox
  • Gen. John Jacob Rutledge of South Carolina, a Revolutionary War hero, who is currently retired from the military. While popular for his military service, Rutledge opposes the Constitution; therefore, he also opposes the new office of the presidency. Additionally, his strong pro-slavery views might make him more of a regional figure, than a national one. 
  • Amb. Samuel Lewis of New York, a skilled diplomat, but some fear he is too moderate on the Constitution, and too young at 37. 

The following figures are too young to be considered for the presidency: Alexander William Blount ( @Conservative Elector 2 ), William Isaiah Thackery ( @Sunnymentoaddict ), Dakota MikVinksy ( @TheMiddlePolitical )

Therefore, one of these seven men will become president, and one of these seven men will become vice president. Under the current rules of the Constitution. Each elector is given two votes, one for the president and one for the vice president.

Every player is one of the electors for their respective states. Who among these flawed men will be thrust into greatness? 

[To vote: quote this entire comment, and vote for two of the seven eligible candidates]

8 minutes ago, Joshen said:

@vcczarI'm assuming we can vote for ourselves?

You can if you wish. 

16 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Finally, the Constitution has secured the ratification necessary to embark on a new federal government for the United States. For the most part, national leaders endorse the constitution; although, some are hesitant to throw in full support without a bill of rights. For the new government to function, a new chief of executive must be elected by the presidential electors chosen by the state legislatures, and in rare cases, the propertied and free people of the more democratic states. 

However, who will lead in an America without a clear figure to rally behind (No Washington, no Franklin, no Adams, no Jefferson in this near-mirror universe)? 

For one, it seems necessary to hold the union together with a balanced ticket--a northerner and southerner--as president and vice president. Only a few names have been proposed for the presidency, all with some level of drawback:

• Mr. Dudley Winthrop of Massachusetts, who is arguably the wealthiest man in New England, but also its stupidest and most insecure. Additionally, he is only 35 years old, the youngest possible age for the presidency. @vcczar
  • Judge Jefferson Bunt of Virginia, an experienced state judge who has long desired power. However, some believe he is more suited for the Supreme Court.  @WVProgressive
  • Rev. Richard Taylor of Virginia, a Southern Baptist preacher with no real apparent political experience. Some fear he may have a difficult time with the separation of Church and State. Additionally, he is only 38 years old. @Reagan04
  • Mr. Timothy Stockton of New Jersey, a lawyer that helped finance the Revolution. He is only 39 and those that know him say that he is more interested in an advisory capacity, than in holding political office at this time. @Rodja
  • Mr. Theodore Penn of Pennsylvania, a successful surveyor, who has been vocal about politics, but who has not himself held political office. He is also only 37 years old. 
  • Gov. James Dayton of New Jersey, the incumbent governor of New Jersey. While very experienced, he does not support the Constitution; therefore, he doesn't even believe in the office for which he has been proposed. Lastly, he is 64 years old, which some consider as potentially too old for the job. @CalebsParadox
  • Gen. John Jacob Rutledge of South Carolina, a Revolutionary War hero, who is currently retired from the military. While popular for his military service, Rutledge opposes the Constitution; therefore, he also opposes the new office of the presidency. Additionally, his strong pro-slavery views might make him more of a regional figure, than a national one. 

The following figures are too young to be considered for the presidency: Alexander William Blount ( @Conservative Elector 2 ), William Isaiah Thackery ( @Sunnymentoaddict ), Dakota MikVinksy ( @TheMiddlePolitical )

Therefore, one of these seven men will become president, and one of these seven men will become vice president. Under the current rules of the Constitution. Each elector is given two votes, one for the president and one for the vice president.

Every player is one of the electors for their respective states. Who among these flawed men will be thrust into greatness? 

[To vote: quote this entire comment, and vote for two of the seven eligible candidates]

Judge Jefferson Bunt casts his votes for Mr. Dudley Winthrop of Massachusetts (@vcczar) and Judge Jefferson Bunt of Virginia (me).

25 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Gen. John Jacob Rutledge casts his votes for Gov. James Dayton of New Jersey, and Gen. John Jacob Rutledge of South Carolina.

Mr.Timothy Stockton casts his vote for Mr.Dudley Withnorp from the great state of Massachusets for President and Mr.Theodore Penn of the great state of Pensylvannia for Vice President of these United States!  

@vcczar The men who are too young to become president, are eligible to vote or not?

If so, Mr. Alexander William Blount casts his votes for Rev. Richard Taylor of Virginia @Reagan04 and Mr. Dudley Winthrop of Massachusetts  @vcczar

Samuel Lewis Jr.

New York Lewis mansion

p2b.jpg

Well...time to check the one I could endorse.

There is a serious problem.

• Mr. Dudley Winthrop of Massachusetts, who is arguably the wealthiest man in New England, but also its stupidest and most insecure. Additionally, he is only 35 years old, the youngest possible age for the presidency. @vcczar
  • Judge Jefferson Bunt of Virginia, an experienced state judge who has long desired power. However, some believe he is more suited for the Supreme Court.  @WVProgressive
  • Rev. Richard Taylor of Virginia, a Southern Baptist preacher with no real apparent political experience. Some fear he may have a difficult time with the separation of Church and State. Additionally, he is only 38 years old. @Reagan04
  • Mr. Timothy Stockton of New Jersey, a lawyer that helped finance the Revolution. He is only 39 and those that know him say that he is more interested in an advisory capacity, than in holding political office at this time. @Rodja
  • Gov. James Dayton of New Jersey, the incumbent governor of New Jersey. While very experienced, he does not support the Constitution; therefore, he doesn't even believe in the office for which he has been proposed. Lastly, he is 64 years old, which some consider as potentially too old for the job. @CalebsParadox
  • Gen. John Jacob Rutledge of South Carolina, a Revolutionary War hero, who is currently retired from the military. While popular for his military service, Rutledge opposes the Constitution; therefore, he also opposes the new office of the presidency. Additionally, his strong pro-slavery views might make him more of a regional figure, than a national one. 

We can already exclude misters Jefferson Bunt, Richard Taylor and John Jacob Rutledge for their Sudist positions which won't help my own campain.

Stay Dudley, Timothy Stockton, Theodore Penn and James Dayton.

And stay their positions...

Dudley is unclear on his constitutionnal thinking until now.

Thimothy is too unknown to our ears untill now.

Gov James Dayton is a serious ally we could make BUT, he is confederalist, and even if there is few political gaps between us, we're from different parties...

I am an open federalist to confederalism, he's still confederalist...but he's the one I like the most untill now.

Concerning Theodore Penn, the 4th and last one, I do not know him enough.

1 hour ago, Sami said:

Samuel Lewis Jr.

New York Lewis mansion

p2b.jpg

Well...time to check the one I could endorse.

There is a serious problem.

• Mr. Dudley Winthrop of Massachusetts, who is arguably the wealthiest man in New England, but also its stupidest and most insecure. Additionally, he is only 35 years old, the youngest possible age for the presidency. @vcczar
  • Judge Jefferson Bunt of Virginia, an experienced state judge who has long desired power. However, some believe he is more suited for the Supreme Court.  @WVProgressive
  • Rev. Richard Taylor of Virginia, a Southern Baptist preacher with no real apparent political experience. Some fear he may have a difficult time with the separation of Church and State. Additionally, he is only 38 years old. @Reagan04
  • Mr. Timothy Stockton of New Jersey, a lawyer that helped finance the Revolution. He is only 39 and those that know him say that he is more interested in an advisory capacity, than in holding political office at this time. @Rodja
  • Gov. James Dayton of New Jersey, the incumbent governor of New Jersey. While very experienced, he does not support the Constitution; therefore, he doesn't even believe in the office for which he has been proposed. Lastly, he is 64 years old, which some consider as potentially too old for the job. @CalebsParadox
  • Gen. John Jacob Rutledge of South Carolina, a Revolutionary War hero, who is currently retired from the military. While popular for his military service, Rutledge opposes the Constitution; therefore, he also opposes the new office of the presidency. Additionally, his strong pro-slavery views might make him more of a regional figure, than a national one. 

We can already exclude misters Jefferson Bunt, Richard Taylor and John Jacob Rutledge for their Sudist positions which won't help my own campain.

Stay Dudley, Timothy Stockton, Theodore Penn and James Dayton.

And stay their positions...

Dudley is unclear on his constitutionnal thinking until now.

Thimothy is too unknown to our ears untill now.

Gov James Dayton is a serious ally we could make BUT, he is confederalist, and even if there is few political gaps between us, we're from different parties...

I am an open federalist to confederalism, he's still confederalist...but he's the one I like the most untill now.

Concerning Theodore Penn, the 4th and last one, I do not know him enough.

Did you make a character? If so, can you create it in the format that I use on page 1 of this thread? 

6 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

@vcczar The men who are too young to become president, are eligible to vote or not?

If so, Mr. Alexander William Blount casts his votes for Rev. Richard Taylor of Virginia @Reagan04 and Mr. Dudley Winthrop of Massachusetts  @vcczar

Yes, you and the other ineligibles are electors. 

[I'll continue my part of the RP once everyone votes]

Reverend Taylor casts his ballot for himself and Governor James Dayton! @CalebsParadox 

(I view our characters as similar but one is Southern and one is Northern, good ticket.)