270soft Forum
NYrepublican

NY-14 congressional election 2018

9 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Big update here:

Alexandria Oscasio Cortez is officially on ballot.

Who is that?

Just now, Patine said:

Who is that?

Crowley's challenger

So with the debate this monday (and now that all I have left is a history final next week) I decided to rernew this project.

Since this race is too small for any what ifs, The democratic primary will be popular vote based by assigning delegates based on number of votes cast

A top election predictor has called it for Cortez

Now that finals are over I'll resume work on this

here's the map

ny-14 map.bmp

I might just use a county maybe neighborhood map because NO ONE WHOLE district senate or assembly is in it. 

I'll probably make a neighborhood map and guesstimate numbers based on this

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/numbers/clinton-trump-president-vice-president-every-neighborhood-map-election-results-voting-general-primary-nyc/

A post from Ocasio's twitter:

It’s no secret that our campaign is being outspent 10-1 by an absentee Rep. This is what it looks like. These are the mailers I’ve gotten to my personal mailbox alone. For us to win, we NEED you to knock doors + call voters NONSTOP for the next 5 days: http://Ocasio2018.com/teamOcasio 

DgPozFLW4AEaWKe.jpg

DgPozFKWAAEhyZ5.jpg
DgPozFIWAAI8vlg.jpg

Candidates will be

Democratic primary

1)Joe Crowley - on 

2)Ocasio-Cortez - on

3)Jeffrey Klein - off

Republican primary

1)Anthony Pappas - on

2)Frank spotorno - off

since information on the Republicans may be sporadic here's some links for information

The only in depth article I could find on Anthony Pappas

https://www.thenationalherald.com/204443/prof-anthony-pappas-running-for-congress/

here's some information on Frank spotorno

https://votesmart.org/candidate/biography/169689/frank-spotorno#.WyxP_-FKjzs

Interviewers,candidates and parties are done.

General election numbers are done.

There's some odd glitch on occasion that you have to try a few times to switch the Republican candidate, Once you do it plays smoothly.

@NYrepublican I just looked at the picture above, and I didn't realize that branches of the Metro free paper in the street vendor boxes were so widespread that NYC had them. I'd always kind of assumed (without research or verification, I admit) that the outfit was more parochial to where I live.

5 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Huh seems interesting. I'm in NY-16 and there's going to be a primary with three other Dems, though it likely won't be as close as Crowley's district.

4 hours ago, thr33 said:

Huh seems interesting. I'm in NY-16 and there's going to be a primary with three other Dems, though it likely won't be as close as Crowley's district.

I live in the district next door NY-6. I think Crowley will lose.

@NYrepublican Why don't you just make an expanded and more comprehensive and developed full nationwide House of Representatives 2018 scenario for CI? I personally don't feel these individual district scenarios have enough potential or at stake to be the worth the effort required to produce them - but that's my opinion.

4 hours ago, Patine said:

@NYrepublican Why don't you just make an expanded and more comprehensive and developed full nationwide House of Representatives 2018 scenario for CI? I personally don't feel these individual district scenarios have enough potential or at stake to be the worth the effort required to produce them - but that's my opinion.

That's going to be done by Anthony. I personally have an interest in the race.Though it's kind of broken due to a glitch that causes the convention to not trigger.