270soft Forum
vcczar

Presidential Ranker Excel

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm most surprised with your placement of Eisenhower (who appointed an extremely liberal court), and Trump (who I actually thought you didn't like that much). Do you think Trump has even done enough to be 15th overall? He's served for only a year. Thanks for posting the list though. 

I think Eisenhower really could not have been better to reign the country in from the absurdity of Roosevelt. (We can just gloss over Truman for argument's sakes lol) Despite that appointment, for which I certainly marked down, he was a solid President and paved the way for Conservatism to take its dominant strides in the late 20th and early 21st centuries. He was a good man and a good conservative, not too many can you find these days, especially not coinciding.

As for Trump, I am shocked by how high he is, I marked him well for his platform, since he has executed it rather conservatively, but destroyed his rank with scathing ranks for his odious Moral character. I STRONGLY dislike Donald Trump the person, I slightly approve of Donald Trump the President. That slight approval will either falter or hold considering how far he takes his missteps on Trade and Guns.

14 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:
  1. George Washington - 305
  2. Ronald Reagan - 303
  3. Thomas Jefferson - 246
  4. Calvin Coolidge - 201
  5. Dwight Eisenhower -151
  6. Andrew Jackson - 146
  7. William McKinley -140 (Tie broke by personal opinion)
  8. George W. Bush - 140 (See above)
  9. Abraham Lincoln - 126
  10. James Polk -109
  11. Richard Nixon - 104
  12. James Monroe -78
  13. John F. Kennedy - 76 (Tie broken by personal opinion)
  14. George H. W. Bush - 76 (See above)
  15. Donald Trump - 73
  16. Theodore Roosevelt - 61
  17. Harry S. Truman - 60
  18. James Madison - 53
  19. William H. Taft - 30
  20. Millard  Fillmore - 16
  21. John Adams - 2
  22. Zachary Taylor - -2
  23. Gerald Ford - -4 (Tie broken by personal opinion)
  24. Benjamin Harrison - -4 (See above)
  25. John Q. Adams - -7
  26. Rutherford B. Hayes - -8
  27. Ulysses S. Grant - -12
  28. James Garfield - -17
  29. Grover Cleveland - -24
  30. William H. Harrison - -31 (Tie broken by personal opinion)
  31. Martin Van Buren - -31 (See above)
  32. Chester Arthur - -36
  33. Warren G. Harding - -40
  34. John Tyler - -97
  35. Bill Clinton - -101
  36. Jimmy Carter - -112
  37. Franklin D. Roosevelt - -133
  38. Herbert Hoover - -167
  39. Franklin Pierce - -204
  40. Barack Obama - -206
  41. Andrew Johnson - -214
  42. Lyndon Johnson - -260
  43. Woodrow Wilson - -264
  44. James Buchanan - -285

It seems odd for someone who so values liberty, freedom, and Constitutional rights to put George W. Bush, the mastermind of the Patriot Act, the worst U.S. Federal legislation to assail these things wholesale and across the board in U.S. history, as high as number 8.

30 minutes ago, Patine said:

It seems odd for someone who so values liberty, freedom, and Constitutional rights to put George W. Bush, the mastermind of the Patriot Act, the worst U.S. Federal legislation to assail these things wholesale and across the board in U.S. history, as high as number 8.

I disagree with your assessment of the Patriot Act as the worst to assail those particular issues, but simply, yes, it is a horrific piece of legislation. It is a piece of legislation that was an understandable knee-jerk reaction that never should have become law. Presidents are not perfect, there will never be a perfect President because there are no perfect men.  George Bush fought on a multitude of issues, his work on the rights of the unborn most indelibly, fighting the good fight, including for liberty, freedom, and rights, that while the Patriot act was a misstep, it was one that does not put him below any of the lower Presidents, most of whom abridged Liberty just as he or perhaps held not as robust a record on other issues. You'll notice many of those at the bottom are among the most hideous of offenders to American Liberty.

I'd like to see @Patine's ranking. I feel like it would be very much the opposite of @Reagan04's; although, they'd agree on the nearly universally bad presidents. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'd like to see @Patine's ranking. I feel like it would be very much the opposite of @Reagan04's; although, they'd agree on the nearly universally bad presidents. 

Very true. 

And to @Patine's point further, Bush in accompanied by many of the greatest defenders of American Liberty. I view him as a morally upright man with strong conservative convictions and some disagreements on other issues.

5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Very true. 

And to @Patine's point further, Bush in accompanied by many of the greatest defenders of American Liberty. I view him as a morally upright man with strong conservative convictions and some disagreements on other issues.

I disagree with a fair number below Bush as being "hideous offenders against American liberty." Also, Bush's social conservative projects and the way he often termed them as smoke and mirrors tactics to distract his constituency from the ironically-named-Patriot Act and his horrid foreign policy (probably among the worst of any U.S. Presidents in that area). Also, many Presidents you (and many other paleoconservatives) call "hideous offenders against American liberty" strangely get called such for making legislation to extend said liberty to American demographics previously unjustly denied it.

I'm curious if any of the people that thought they'd use the ranker have used it, and I hope they can share their rankings.