270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Change of Project Gears by Necessity

@JDrakeify  @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Wiw@President Trenton Adams @Lyly @Rodja @avatarmushi @MysteryKnight

So, after quite a while of frustration and futility, I have to but my Reichstag and Fall of the USSR scenarios on indefinite  hold. It is certainly not because of a lack of maps or flags or many other such assets - flags that are appropriate are quite abundant, and I have great maps thanks to several people on these maps. It's because, after months of banging my head against the supposed font and collectivity of all human knowledge - the Internet, I have not been able to acquire enough information, not even in crude translations via the highly flawed but coarsely utilitarian Google Translate of Russian, German, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Georgian, Armenian, Estonian, Kazakh, etc., websites. Also, my plans for a Lunar Congress scenario will require careful and deliberate of how to actually put it together and make it work.

Thus, for the time being, I am going to pursue various Canadian Federal, Provincial, Territorial, and maybe some Pre-Confederation Colonial scenarios, both historical and modern. Maps are plentiful here too - only four more would truly be absolutely required; those being Prince Edward Island, Nunavut, the post-1999 NWT, and the pre-1999 fusion of the NWT and Nunavut previously called the NWT - and information for most of these elections is immensely plentiful and preserved, even moreso than a LOT of historical U.S. State elections, and no new game engines or additional scenario-making mechanics will have to be waited for.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

@JDrakeify  @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Wiw@President Trenton Adams @Lyly @Rodja @avatarmushi @MysteryKnight

So, after quite a while of frustration and futility, I have to but my Reichstag and Fall of the USSR scenarios on indefinite  hold. It is certainly not because of a lack of maps or flags or many other such assets - flags that are appropriate are quite abundant, and I have great maps thanks to several people on these maps. It's because, after months of banging my head against the supposed font and collectivity of all human knowledge - the Internet, I have not been able to acquire enough information, not even in crude translations via the highly flawed but coarsely utilitarian Google Translate of Russian, German, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Georgian, Armenian, Estonian, Kazakh, etc., websites. Also, my plans for a Lunar Congress scenario will require careful and deliberate of how to actually put it together and make it work.

Thus, for the time being, I am going to pursue various Canadian Federal, Provincial, Territorial, and maybe some Pre-Confederation Colonial scenarios, both historical and modern. Maps are plentiful here too - only four more would truly be absolutely required; those being Prince Edward Island, Nunavut, the post-1999 NWT, and the pre-1999 fusion of the NWT and Nunavut previously called the NWT - and information for most of these elections is immensely plentiful and preserved, even moreso than a LOT of historical U.S. State elections, and no new game engines or additional scenario-making mechanics will have to be waited for.

I had ancestors that moved from the UK to Canada in about 1840 (to York, now part of Toronto). My great-great grandfather left Canada for the US (via Buffalo, NY) as a teenager after his last parent died in 1862. I'm more likely to play a scenario that falls in between 1840-1862, as it will help me better understand the politics of Canada at that time.