270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheMiddlePolitical

Political Career of Tyrone Ramsey-Redo

Redo since the game has been majorly updated ---All state level Politics will be completely fictional,without using pictures (Just the Jim Gray one) If we make it to presidential elections,that will change.

Also I will be entirely playing as a simulator in this play by play,kinda acting like a reporter for the candidate. Starting in 2026 there are NO non-partisan elections 

Tyrone Ramsey election history (Percentages are + or - of winning % compared to runner up, or losing % to the winner)

2018-Won Uniontown Mayor election (+7.9%)

2022-Won Uniontown Mayor re-election (+9.8%)

2024-Lost Pa 51 Democratic nomination (-5%)

2026-Won Pa 51 Democratic nomination (+2.7%)

2026-Lost Pa 51 election (-10.4%)

2027-Won Uniontown Mayor election (+0.9%)

2032-Won PA 51 Democratic nomination (+89.4%)

2032-Won PA 51 election (+6.6%)

Who is Tyrone Ramsey? The 20 year old democratic candidate from Uniontown, running for mayor?

Tyrone is a 20 year old,African American student currently studying law at Pitt-Greensburg University. Tyrone was the head of Uniontown high schools student government before he graduated,and was the top 10 of his class. He has done multitudes of volunteer work,and starting when he was 18 was a volunteer for the Urban campaign (Pa State Sen.-Dem), and Rickton campaign (PA State Rep-Rep.). He has been very active in politics since he was an eligable voter, and says "Age is not a factor, Age is never a factor, passion is a factor,commitment is a factor, and honesty is a factor" Ramsey has called himself "A fighter againist our counties corrupt politics" and believes that Uniontown needs a new mayor, after Mayor Connor Renoylds (D) has been mayor for the past 20 years, though the city has seen fast growth, the citys poverty and drug use rate is at an all time high and continuing to grow, In the first Non-Partisan election in Uniontowns history,something which the 3-2 Republican majority city council voted on (First since pre-1950 that uniontown has had a Republican majority in the council) in a 4-1 ruling,the city council voted to make election non partisan. Renoylds has not seen a primary challenger in 12 years, Which was his only challenger to his nomination while being incumbent (Won 54%-46%). The canidates up for election will be as follows: Incumbent Mayor Connor Renoylds(D), Student Tyrone Ramsey(D), City Couniclmen and Teacher Rick London(D), Fmr. State Rep. Nominee Kurt Ward(D), and Controller Joshua Wilson (R) 

RAMSEY WINS!

In a hard fought campaign,a campaign everyone said he could not win,a campaign he was called baby face,inexperienced,a "trap" and a joke, Ramsey defied all odds. Reynolds ran a nasty campaign, many ended up calling him the "small town Sharpe James",this in the end made him lose his incumbency. Ramsey focused on ridding of poverty and drugs as his campaign focus. Now we will see what the 20 year old will do as mayor. 

Here were the final results:

Capture.PNG

A look back at "The young bucks" first mayoral term

After taking oath to the mayor office Tyrone had some uphill battles to face, and that election all 5 city council seats were up for grabs, Republicans won them 4-1. Ramsey new it would be difficult to get some of his ideas passed through, as 3 of the 4 republicans were 60+ years old,and were classic conservatives. The first thing ramsey put to the table was his "road revival" plan, with many of the cities roads being nothing but cracks and pot holes Ramsey said this was a need. However to do this Ramsey needed to implement an "Infrastructure" fee. This would add a straight 100$ fee to all homes in the Uniontown district over a 4 months period, amounting to an extra 25$ a month. The more wealthy in the area were fine with it but people below the poverty line hated it. This caused his approval rating with the lower and lower middle class to dip below 25%, even though his middle class and above approval was at an impressives 74%. And to make things worse for Ramsey the only democratic city councilmen passed away, the 82 year old Hutchinson O'Berry. And guess who took his place after a special election? Former mayor Connor Reynolds. Even though Ramseys road revival plan passed, Reynolds tried to nit pit every little con of the plan. As the 64 year old Reynolds said He's "Already mounting a campaign for mayor in 2022". Ramsey also put into the effect of building 2 drug relief centers, to help people rid of there drug habits,as Ramseys view is "Rehabilitation over Jail Time". Within Ramseys time many new major buisnesses road into town and built resturants and stores, Ramsey also was a champion for giving the hospital a complete over haul 

The Boxing Match Ramsey vs Reynolds-2022 mayoral election preview

It is one on one,24 year old vs 68 year old, Old vs current, Integrity vs fighting. No other canidates are running for mayor except to, The current mayor Tyrone Ramsey and former mayor Connor Reynolds. Tyrone one in an incredible upset last election ousting 4 other opponents including incumbent mayor of 20 years Connor Reynolds. 99 days till election it sits supprisingly close with Reynolds in the lead 51-49, Reynolds has run attack ads on Ramsey about "taking money out of your pockets" and "destroying our progress" after Reynolds added many fees to Uniontown taxpayers bills. This town may just be Reynolds if he wins, and Ramsey has stated previously that this would be his last turn as mayor and would want to pursue "bigger things".

Ramsey wins re-election 4 more years!

In a tight,bloody bout of small town politics, Ramsey has won re-election. Ramsey has announced he will not run for re-election after this term and will either run for state representative, or county commissioner. Republicans held a 3-2 Majority in city council, 1 of the winning democrats was a place holder of sorts for if Reynolds would lose, and he did and reclaimed his seat on the council, with his son-in-law for the Democrats. 2 votes aganist Ramsey. 

Capture.PNG

Riveting Coverage here.

BUMP I deleted posts and edited them 

Tyrone Ramseys second and final mayoral term

It is official this is Tyrone Ramseys final term as Uniontown mayor, He announced at his inauguration that he will be running for the 2024 State Rep election seat. Meaning he would only be mayor for 2 years,and there would be a special election held. Ramsey in two years however has done alot. He dropped the drug abuser rate in the city to the lowest in 20 years,the lowest poverty rate in 15 years, and lowest crime rate in 12. He did this by increasing the city's budges majorly to the police force and Healthcare at the end of his term he had an approval rate of 62%,which will infidelity help him to get votes from fayette county. 

2024 Uniontown Mayor  special election (term end 2026)

Connor Reynolds(Dem)-73%

Joshua Wilson (Dem)-15%

Rick Lunbar (Dem)-12%

PA-51 2024 State Rep Election preview- Ramsey faces uphill battle

26 year old Tyrone Ramsey announced Sunday his resignation as Uniontown Mayor,in which he served a total of 6 years,to run for  PA-51,democratic nomination. Ramsey will be challenging incumbent Rep. Isaiah King for the Democratic nomination, unseating an incumbent in a primary as history has told is a very difficult thing to do. King however has been facing declining approval ratings as he has supported continuing tax raises for the State in his 2 terms (2018-2022). No one challenged King in the primary last election, and he defeated his Independent Party opponent, and radio host, Keith Smith, and Republican opponent Somerset County Commissioner Richard Melach, 57(D)-25(I)-18(R). The first polls that have released with primaries have shown Ramsey with a lead in Fayette County 57-43, But King has a massive lead in Somerset County 71-29. For the Republican Primary Somerset County Controller Timothy Highland, Former Democrat and Current Republican City Councilmen,and teacher Rick London, City Councilmen and Reynolds Son-in-law Greg Owens, and Fayette County Republican party head Bill Myers will all be running for the Republican nomination. Owens is also a former Democrat. 

With 115 days till the nomination process here are the polls

General Election:

Rep-40.4%

Dem-39.4%(I)

Democrats:

King-45.3%(I)

Ramsey-34.5%

Republicans:

Myers-36%

London-21.9%

Highland-12.1%

Owens-9.4%

2024 PA-51 election coverage

Primary results are in Ramsey loses Nomination in close race. Republicans to select nominee at committee no one receives enough delegated primary votes

Democrat Results:

Fayette:

Ramsey 52.2%

King-47.8%(I)

Somerset:

King-59.8%(I)

Ramsey-41.2%

Final 

King-52.5%(I)

Ramsey-47.5%

Republican final Results

Owens-42.4%

Myers-35.7%

London-18.1%

Highland-3.8%

The Republican Election board votes to elect Owens the nominee.

Post nominee first poll

Owens(R)-57.2%

King(D)(I)-42%

General Election result,King unthroned-Uniontown Mayor Son-in-law wins

Owens Wins Fayette with a 15.4% margin,and Somerset with a 17.9% margin

Capture.PNG

Tyrone Ramseys next political move.

After Ramseys concession speech in his primary loss he stated "Will folks,In PA here for our state rep. elections it happens every 2 years,2026 is the next election,I will be 28,and I will be running for PA-51 again,and this time winning,So in otherwords, I beat Owens Father-in-law, he is next",  I questioned Ramsey if he would ever think of running for Uniontown Mayor and skipping the next State Rep. after the mayorship election is now back to partisan voting (primaries) after Reynolds passed it through the council. He said "It honest depends on the outlook,If i know i can win the State Rep. seat I will, and If i do challenge Reynolds I will verse him as a Libertarian,and I will win" Ramsey said he would run as a Libertarian for the Mayorship after the Council began split, with Reynolds expanding it now to 8 seats,before it was 5. There were previously around 3500 eligable voters last time Ramsey ran for mayor, now there is 5000. Ramsey said even after the speech in which he basically declared another shot at PA-51 in 2026,with the PA house now having 210 seats, 140 are Republican mostly blamed for Trumps resounding victory in 2020,and his popularity now. Now with Marco Rubio in office it was also a up year for down ballot Republican votes. however 2026 could be a year that Democrats can take control again. So the Question is what will Ramsey do next? 

Tyrone Ramsey seeks to run for PA-51 2026 election and Uniontown Mayor? + PA 51 preview

28 year old Tyrone Ramsey is back at it again seeking an elected office, but this time he may be running two campaigns at once. Tyrone said after his defeat two years ago in the 2024 PA-51 election that he would run again, but not really much about running for mayor again. He announced he would seek the election for mayor in the 2027 Feb 1st election after incumbent Connor Reynolds (D) was found guilty of charges of tax evasion and was impeached from his position. 76 year old former PA-51 democrat nominee Kurt Ward, and runner up to Ramsey in the 2018 election announced his bid. Also to announce there bid as an independent  is buisness investor (owner of the local Wallmart, Taco Bell, and Wendys) Fred Armstrong. The Republican to announce there nomination is Republican and former primary challenger  in 2006 to Reynolds, 65 year old local buisness owner Walter Thomas. Ramsey would run as a Libertarian because of his short time to run. In PA-51 there are 4 democrats running for nomination, and nobody challening incumbent Owens for Republicans. Owens has been scolded by republicans in the house for voting on every tax increase presented, and voted for a bill to expand on abortion rights, and a bill to restrict gun ownership further he had a 82 Democrat vote lean score while in the house. This makes his republican support bad which makes it more surprising nobody is challenging him. It is predicted that the winner of the Democrat nomination will win the election. Candidates for the Democratic nomination are as follows. Former PA-51 state rep Isaiah King, Former Uniontown Mayor Tyrone Ramsey, Local Southwest PA investor Nicholas Irving , and Somerset City Councilmen Hunter Moals. It is expected to be a close election though currently Ramsey holds the lead the polls are as follows: With 115 days till primaries

General Election

Democrats-43%

Greg Owens(R)(I)-35.8%

Democrats

Ramsey-36.4%

King-20.6%

Irving-14.4%

Moals-7.9%

2026 PA-51 election coverage

Ramsey wins Democratic nomination! King disappoints, Irving surprises

Final Democratic nomination results

Fayette County:

Irving-53%

Ramsey-36.1%

King-9.7%

Moals-1.2%

Somerset County:

Ramsey-58.7%

Irving-24%

Moals-9.2%

King-8.2%

Final Results

Ramsey-44.7%

Irving-42%

King-9.1%

Moals-4.2%

Post nominations first poll

Ramsey(D)-48.8%

Owens(R)(I)-47%

Final General Election results, Ramsey can't get it done,Republicans continue to hold house.

Owens won Somerset by 7.9% and Fayette by 12.2%

Capture.PNG

Ramsey to seek 2027 Uniontown mayor seat-Uniontown mayoral election 2027 coverage

28 year old Tyrone Ramsey has announced he will run for Uniontown mayor with only 3 months till election after his PA-51 loss,he will run as a Libertarian.  The overall candidate description,and who is running is listed above. The mayoral term is for 2027-2032 longer than the usual this was decided by the council,special reason is cause of impeachment. 

Here are the first polls with 99 days till election

Ramsey(Lib)-35.7%

Ward(dem)-30.9%

Thomas(rep)-13.2%

Armstrong(Ind)-10.1%

Ramsey wins UT mayor again! A nailbiter all around

Now with 10 council seats because of the much larger population,The city council sits at 7 republicans-3 democrats

Capture.PNG

Ramsey back in the mayor office-A look back at his third term 2027-2032

33 year old Ramseys time back in office was very eventful. Uniontown now sits as a pretty big city in Western PA now with 62000 residents. Theres is a population boom in the town. Or now a true city. Ramsey has implemented policies in the last 5 years that have done nothing but helped the people. Putting in thing like reducing high speed internet costs by 20%,cutting school lunch costs by 75% and completely overhauled and updated the fayette county jail in Uniontown (this made taxes increase by 2% but people were fine with it) Ramsey has looked back on his attempts at the State Rep. spot and said that “It honestly just wasn’t the right time,elections are about timing,we knocked on almost every single door in Fayette and Somerset counties,but at the end of the day down ballot votes killed us,I’m happy Rubio was popular and did a good Job as a Republican president,but now I think this is the year of the Democrats,I am supported by and on the staff for Cory Booker for president,I think this year is our year,i am seriously considering another run for PA-51” PA-51’s represenative district changed in 2028,it now includes all or Fayette county,and switch from Somerset to Greene County since Greene county saw a drop in population and Somerset saw a great rise. Someset is consiered to be much more Conservative than Greene. Somerset around 62% of people identify as Conservative while in Greene only 53% of people do. The last 2 election for Pa 51 which included the new districts. (2028,2030) Saw Owens win nailbiters. First outsing in 2028 Greene County commisoner (DEM) Bud Nole 50.8%-49.2% and in 2030 beating former primary challenger to Ramsey,and Investor Nicholas Irving (DEM) 50.2%-49.8%.  Ramsey supported Irving in his run, endorsing him and being part of his campaign team. But PA 51 is back on the ballot for 2032 and Ramsey said he is leaning towards running and when his decision is made he will make an annoncement. Though the election is not for another 11 months primarys are in 5 months in May,on running for the next mayor election Ramsey said he is not, saying he is either running for another office,or taking a break for a few years. In a head to head matchup though early it is shown that Ramsey would beat Owens handly 59.1%-41.9%. Ramsey also expressed intrest in running for a commisoner spot in 2033 for Fayette county (top 3 votes getters win) with it currently being a 2-1 republican majority since 2015 Ramsey said “we need a change,badly.”

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

@TheMiddlePolitical I was enjoying this series.

It will diffidently be continuing, just conjuring up some ideas 

20 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@TheMiddlePolitical Also how do you make PI campaigns that don't break?

I found if you save them as a new campaign and rename them they should be good 

BUMP edited the term posting starting this back and excited to! 

Ramsey announces 3rd run for PA-51 “third times a charm”

33 year old Tyrone Ramsey has anncounced he is back. He said this time in his run for State Rep. that it is his time for “Vengence aganist Owens and our corrupt local Republican Party. With Owens being involved in a scandal on which he cheated on his wife,Ramsey made his announcement offiical saying “If a man cannot even be loyal to his wife he can be loyal to no one”. Ramsey expressed his anger for Owens scandal,Ramsey has been married happily since he has been 20 years old and now has 3 children,Ramsey saying “I have been dating my Wife since I was a Junior in High School,cheaters are despictable” Owens approval rating went from 46% all the way down to 27% after announcement of this scandal. Ramsey will be unopposed in the Primary after his ally,and nominee of the last election Nicholas Irving announced his withdrawl,Irving announced he will be running for mayor of Uniontown and Ramsey should his full support while Irving did the same for him. Owens however will have a primary opponent,former State Rep,the one who Owens defeated to win his first term. Isiah King. King obviously was a Democrat when Owens faced him. King switched to the Republican party and will now be challenging Owens. King is 65 years old. Ramsey is ready to run and ready to give Owens or King a hard fought challenge. Ramsey expressed excitement in the new Rep. district as of course he went to college in Greene County,and of course has support in Fayette after his 3 terms as mayor of Uniontown.

PA 51 2032 preview

It is yet again time for election time for PA 51,and Ramsey is back in the ring. This is going to be a defining moment for Ramseys career,if he wins this,it can be a position to propel him to Congress. Ramsey faces no challengers in the primary,and is facing a very unpopular incumbent in Owens,and a former unpopular rep King. Ramsey in head to head polls dominates both of them, Owens in the newest poll he beats an unprecedented 68.8-20.1 (rest undecided) and King 58.1-40 (rest undecided). Local pun-dents are surprised how much Owens scandal is hurting him but it is believed because of Ramsey pushing "Not loyal too her then not loyal too you" phrase,it has been damaging to Owens. In Owens last two terms since Ramsey last ran he has become more Conservative then previously, Voting with Republicans 89% of the time compared to his previous 58%. This has made him more popular with Conservative voters,but at the same time the scandal has effected him much more with Conservatives. Many believe the reason Owens has one is for his bipartisanship but his last terms have swayed him away from that. Ramsey said he promises to introduce bills to cut state college tuition costs, and to make the PA run healthcare system free to low income individuals (All healthcare) and if someone were to go in debt from the healthcare, they would not be punished, and would have debt forgiveness. His plan has received a favor ability rating of 52%, because of state taxes needing to be raised by 4% to make this happen. King promised to bring complete bipartisanship to the state Congress, saying he has both Republican based and Democratic based ideas. The State Congress sits at 52% Republican, and has remained Republican for two decades. This has made in impossible to make marijuana completely legal and taxed like most the U.S. This is another thing Ramsey has said he will do. King promised to introduce mental health tests requirements to be able to buy a gun, though gun violence has dropped in the U.S over the past decade, it still remains an issue. The Democratic primary polls sit close with Owens having 37% of the vote, and King having 36% with the rest undecided. Ramsey will remain unchallenged in the primary. There will be an estimated 88,000 voters in the General Election 

PA 51 2032 election coverage 

As Expected Tyrone Ramsey won the Democratic Party nomination unopposed, garnering 94.7% of the vote with the rest being write ins.

The Republican Party nomination was much,much more interesting. 

In the last week of the elections there was a scandal released that proved that King recently had a domestic disturbance affair with a woman,which proved to be...FATAL. Yes fatal. This happened more than 25 years ago but it was not released that he would be investigated till now. As it was initially for years ruled as a suicide but new finding in the case showed that there was fowel play involved. King withdrew even though he recieved some write ins

DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY FINAL RESULTS

Owens:96.3%

King:3.7% (write ins) 

GENERAL ELECTION

In a hard fought election which ended up being MUCH closer than anyone expected Ramsey has finally WON!!!

Capture.PNG