270soft Forum
Conservative Elector 2

Which of these states will elect a Republican senator in 2018?

Which of these states will elect a Republican senator in 2018?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these states will elect a Republican senator in 2018?

• Arizona
    • California
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Hawaii
    • Indiana
    • Maine
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Minnesota
    • Minnesota Special
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Jersey
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Which of these states will elect a Republican senator in 2018?

• New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Dakota
    • Ohio
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Utah
    • Vermont
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • Wisconsin
    • Wyoming
    • None of the above

So please vote, I would be interested in your opinions. *February version

I'm still holding out hope that somehow Beto O'Rourke (a very moderate Democrat) beats Ted Cruz (a very conservative Republican) by winning over independents and conservatives desiring a more moderate Senator. O'Rourke is close friends with Rep. Hurd (Rep.). O'Rourke refuses to campaign for Hurd's opponent. I'm hoping O'Rourke's friendly stance with some Texas Republicans will help him against Cruz. I know it's an uphill battle. 

Republicans obviously have other seats they could win. I just picked the Senate seats that I feel GOP will definitely win.  

Based on observations, I can tell you right now that TX, UT, WY, NE, TN and MS are safe Republican spots. At the moment, Arizona and Nevada are still up in the air as to whether they'll elect a Republican senator or not.

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm still holding out hope that somehow Beto O'Rourke (a very moderate Democrat) beats Ted Cruz (a very conservative Republican) by winning over independents and conservatives desiring a more moderate Senator. O'Rourke is close friends with Rep. Hurd (Rep.). O'Rourke refuses to campaign for Hurd's opponent. I'm hoping O'Rourke's friendly stance with some Texas Republicans will help him against Cruz. I know it's an uphill battle. 

Republicans obviously have other seats they could win. I just picked the Senate seats that I feel GOP will definitely win.  

I think it's unlikely, but I don't think it's as impossible for O'Rourke to win as many people are making it out to be. I'd give him about a 10-15% chance that he wins. If he does, it'd be great to get Ted Cruz out of the Senate.

Those who voted Tennessee really do not understand the political landscape right now; we have a former Democrat Governor, well respected among our People, versus either a far right bitch or the possibility of some random Republican. Bredesen, the Democrat, will probably win.

2 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

As I've been saying, the U.S. REALLY, SERIOUSLY, DIRELY, needs more than two viable party choices - especially considering both current dominant parties have a long history of screwing over the American people royally, and, somehow, in all that time, no serious electoral revolt of any meaning has successfully been made against the BOTH of them. The U.S. needs a "Clean Hands" political event like Italy had in the 1990's, to be honest.

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

Not gonna happen. I said it the moment he released his first press release. It's not even because he's a Democrat, it's just him.

Most of my choices in the poll are just pretty safe Republican seats, but a few I did think about in some kind of way. Keeping in mind I have no idea who is running for anything outside of my own state - I don't really keep up with politics like I used to.

I guess Florida might not go Republican, just because of the way things seem to be going now and the fact that a lot of individual Democrats in that state seem to be doing a good job of getting ahead of the moment right now. I could be wrong - everyone I have met who comes from Florida would probably disagree with me.
I gave Wisconsin and Michigan a nod to the Republicans for no especially good reason. (Again, I don't know who is running) I just could see Democrats failing to appeal to their base and Republicans are good enough at separating themselves from their party that their base is more likely to follow through on election day.
I don't know about Arizona, but I have read that Joe Arpaio (sp?) is apparently the favorite for the Republican nomination. If he is the candidate, I could see a moderate Democrat besting him... but it's not like Arizona is actively hoping for a Democrat - I know that much.
I didn't vote for Ohio, but looking at the list now, I don't know why I didn't. They will probably go Republican. Because Ohio.

If Rick Scott runs, I think Republicans have a solid shot at flipping Florida.  If Mandel wouldn’t have dropped out, I would’ve voted Ohio.  But, until I see some data with the remaining candidates, I think it’ll stay with the Democrats.  

5 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Those who voted Tennessee really do not understand the political landscape right now; we have a former Democrat Governor, well respected among our People, versus either a far right bitch or the possibility of some random Republican. Bredesen, the Democrat, will probably win.

I'm very surprised to see someone else who shares the same views. Blackburn is a stain on our state's reputation. 

23 hours ago, vcczar said:

california is more likely to vote a far right neo nazi then this.

21 hours ago, Kingthero said:

calling someone far right dont work that fail with trump.

@vcczar I agree with O'Rourke, I also believe PA could win 2 GOP elections in both senate and gov this year.. Senate most likely is a no, however no matter what approval polls say Tom Wolf is very unpopular, I've been involved with both parties this year as I do stand by my username..lol. As I'm supporting Lamb for the special election, but I'm supporting Mango for the Governorship, and I refuse to support any other republican for it, I will honestly throw my vote away and vote for the Libertarian option..And this is all while I've switched my party registration from Republican to Democrat. 

and @admin_270 please change the rules and let us talk politics..or add a off topic/politics section to the forum, Unless someone is being racist,xenophobic, or misogynistic 

23 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

I'm very surprised to see someone else who shares the same views. Blackburn is a stain on our state's reputation. 

She only raises your state's reputation in my eyes. I absolutely love the woman is she is a Titan for Tennessee.

I think IN, MO, NV all flip. AZ might have had Ward been the nominee, but with Arpaio throwing his hat in the ring, they'll split the right-wing vote, and McSally probably emerges and wins. FTR I think the House is currently 50/50 (generic ballot ~7), though I would have favored Dems in December. Still a lot of time left.

On 2/22/2018 at 9:58 PM, Kingthero said:

On 2/23/2018 at 3:06 AM, CalebsParadox said:

I think Tennessee's race is one of the most exciting ones this year. Of course I will side with Republican nominee, but if I were a Democrat I had been happy to see Bredesen running. And don't forget about the possibility about Corker getting back into the race again.

5 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I think Tennessee's race is one of the most exciting ones this year. Of course I will side with Republican nominee, but if I were a Democrat I had been happy to see Bredesen running. And don't forget about the possibility about Corker getting back into the race again.

Are you siding with the Republican candidate just because they're a Republican or because you prefer them as an actual candidate? This question is very important.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

Are you siding with the Republican candidate just because they're a Republican or because you prefer them as an actual candidate? This question is very important.

Well if you are as Conservative as I am, there is no difference in that question. You're not going to find a Democratic Politician that I agree with more than a Republican one as the two nominees. There was a State Senate race in Kansas a few years ago however, in which this was the case. I think that is the only time I can recall such an occurence.

Well @Patine I don't think that Bredesen or any other Democrat will run on the platform I support. I guess therefore I will have to support the Republican nominee, who will be closer to my ideology. I agree with @Reagan04. However, I would support a Democrat over a Republican if his platform is closer to my beliefs, but I don't think such a situation will occur.

On 2/24/2018 at 8:13 PM, thr33 said:

I think IN, MO, NV all flip. AZ might have had Ward been the nominee, but with Arpaio throwing his hat in the ring, they'll split the right-wing vote, and McSally probably emerges and wins. FTR I think the House is currently 50/50 (generic ballot ~7), though I would have favored Dems in December. Still a lot of time left.

same but favoring republicans I cant see the dems impeaching trump as a good reason to vote i see republican with 229 thought. if the dems do take the house it will be by a very small majority thought.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, thr33 said:

I actually think Ward would do better than Arpaio and around the same (maybe even slightly better than) as McSally.

3 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I actually think Ward would do better than Arpaio and around the same (maybe even slightly better than) as McSally.

I like Ward a good deal (especially since I'm a hardliner on immigration), and think she could win the general (GOP has a very high floor in AZ in terms of registration; I think it will flip at some point, but probably not just yet). But I was just commenting on her chances among primary voters. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. McSally could then run for McCain's seat whenever he steps down.