270soft Forum
Edouard

Are you Democrat or Republican?

A funny little test I played:

You are:

80% Democrat, 20% Republican

You have a strong sense of social responsibility and believe that the government is there to help, protect, and provide for its citizens. But the republican in you still knows that there must be limits to government's overreaching arm and protections must be kept in place for the individual freedoms of each and every person.

http://www.quizony.com/are-you-democratic-or-republican/index.html

Edit: I have to move the topic to General :P

2 hours ago, Sami said:

A funny little test I played:

You are:

80% Democrat, 20% Republican

You have a strong sense of social responsibility and believe that the government is there to help, protect, and provide for its citizens. But the republican in you still knows that there must be limits to government's overreaching arm and protections must be kept in place for the individual freedoms of each and every person.

http://www.quizony.com/are-you-democratic-or-republican/index.html

Edit: I have to move the topic to General :P

I am not a member, donor, endorser, campaigner, or candidate for any political party in any nation on Earth, nor a stalwart, loyal, or predictable voter for any political party on Earth, voting or supporting it's candidates regardless of who is nominated, but because of their nomination by the party, or firm, staunch, 100% supporter of a government or holder of an elected office by any political party on Earth, and certainly not one that doesn't run candidates in my home nation. When I go to the ballots, I vote entirely according to my conscience, the individual campaigns of the candidates, and the zeitgeist at that time, and I support candidates in other nations' elections on a similar principle.

I got a 100% Democrat even though I often side with the Mountain Party when it comes to elections. They seem to be conflating Democrat with left wing even though the majority of high ranking in power ( Tom Perez Joe Manchin Jim Costa etc.) are center-right.

I got 100% Republican no shocker!

14 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

image.png.fdb3408e5ddf7220188f64f53a8c7980.png

This is bs lol; I am a Republican.

I told you that our characters are clones!

More seriously, economically we're on the same stage in the political compass, it could explain the test if they gave too much importance to economy and counted your moderation on society like my hard libertarianism in the societal axis

3 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

I got a 100% Democrat even though I often side with the Mountain Party when it comes to elections. They seem to be conflating Democrat with left wing even though the majority of high ranking in power ( Tom Perez Joe Manchin Jim Costa etc.) are center-right.

That's why I don't this scaling. The Democratic Party of the United States is quintessenial , iconic, pure, uber-representative entity of the whole left-wing of the political spectrum for the whole global political perspective, and the Republican Party of the United States being the same to right-wing politics across the board, that transcends in a "special, higher political party" way all U.S. Third Parties and all other parties in the world, and taking their political into their fold as a "great symbolic conflation." I hate to say, because a lot of Americans do seem to, if only subconsciously, buy into the "special, icon, across-a-wing-of-the-spectrum," pure-ideological-representation-of-core-and-broad-political-trascendent" qualities political parties - but, no, they're just two political parties, like any others in the world, which only run in one country, and are, in base nature, as such, by definition, no different than any U.S. Third Party or ANY other political party in any other country of any sort. Things have gotten out of perspective here, and this is another U.S. societal-based hook and grip that keeps the Party Duopoly comfortably in firm power with no serious challengers in the U.S. and allow them their collective complacency, arrogance, and sense of entitlement toward their own voters, and each have no serious incentive to make radical changes, evolutions or attempts to REALLY court demographics they marginalize or care about (demographics which are different for each of the two parties, but well-known to any observer not suffering from self-delusion or party brainwashing), and thus a very smug partisan scheme has emerged, and a VERY unhealthy for the U.S. political dialogue, considering the Duopoly's power of division has made such social viciousness on both sides that no such social dialogue is even possible in civil debate anymore in many, many circles. The Party Duopoly is a FAILURE and it has to go, and both of the parties and social, political, and economic suppositions and policies espoused by both - many, many of which have proven time and again to be doomed failures as policies and ideals, but which the drum still keeps being beaten to blindly support, because "not blinking in a staredown," and "stopping the other team from scoring," have become more important than the actual good of the people and the nation as whole - but this Duopoly needs to be cast and destroyed as the political institution it is, and new ideas, new candidates not sullied from the start by the Duopoly, and a more open, civil political discourse are REQUIRED before America will EVER "be great again." This is why I have said, several times, that Donald Trump, could NOT fulfill his biggest about "making American great," and that state of achievement is impossible in the current social and political scheme, as it stands, period.

3 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I got 100% Republican no shocker!

Same here

8 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Same here

But I still refuse to take this test, to be judged on only two parties as options - two parties, neither of which I am a member, can legally vote for, don't consider nearly as "Omni-representative politically across the board" as some seem to, and consider both to be among the most detestable parties on Earth in terms of many of the broad-scale policies they've instituted, as parties, in the last few decades, comparable, I dare even say, in scope and atrocious consequences, to the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, United Russia, the Communist Party of China, the Liberal Democratic Party of Japan, the Indian National Congress, and a few others.

lol, WVProgressive and Patine summed up my critique.

I think it's funny that the 80% Democrat summation sounds further left than the mainstream of the Democratic Party leadership itself.

You are:

60% Republican, 40% Democrat

While your political views are very well-balanced, you still tend to lean slightly to the right. You understand and support the need for social welfare programs but maintain a strong sense of personal responsibility and individual freedom. When it comes down to election time, current events can often be the deciding factor about what is most important to you.