270soft Forum
vcczar

Political Party Card Game

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

Did you see my post about having multiple meters?

I don't think I'll have campaign managers. 

I think if the Presidential Poll is at a certain level, there won't be a dice roll. I'll only have rolls for states that are contestable. Either mixed (0) or +/- 1  . I might include +/- 2 as well. 

The scoring I'm having trouble coming up with is the one that is based off part power--not the presidency. It's one that will be a value for all of your offices. 

Ah ok. Forgive my post, was operating on a few hours of sleep and remembered a few details wrong. 

@vcczar

Not sure if you've heard of this game, but across it on reddit. There are some gameplay elements that are similar to what you are proposing. I'm curious what you think. This might give you some ideas on how the game board should look. 

14 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

@vcczar

Not sure if you've heard of this game, but across it on reddit. There are some gameplay elements that are similar to what you are proposing. I'm curious what you think. This might give you some ideas on how the game board should look. 

@vcczar This is another favorite.

@Reagan04 @Sunnymentoaddict I'll look at those games for some ideas. Although, I think I now have a concept for the game. I wrote out about 7 pages of information today. to make the game workable. I'll post when I can. 

@NYrepublican That would be ideal, but I have no ability to make anything into a PC game. I would need a reliable computer guy. Reliable being the key part. I've tried working on projects with a tech partner, and they always get burned out. This is why my Presidential Ranking App was never completed. I always had to drive the project, and remind the other person that I could do any more until they did more. It got to the point where it was in perpetual delay. The sad thing was that it was simple coding, or so he said, but he was burned out because he did coding for his day job. He also wasn't passionate about politics, which was probably a hindrance. He agreed mainly because he wanted to hang out with me (an old friend) more regularly. 

@thr33

I'd recommend that you read the thread before posting, because a lot of what you typed doesn't really apply. It's more of a board game now than a card game. I appreciate your enthusiasm, though. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

@Reagan04 @Sunnymentoaddict I'll look at those games for some ideas. Although, I think I now have a concept for the game. I wrote out about 7 pages of information today. to make the game workable. I'll post when I can. 

@NYrepublican That would be ideal, but I have no ability to make anything into a PC game. I would need a reliable computer guy. Reliable being the key part. I've tried working on projects with a tech partner, and they always get burned out. This is why my Presidential Ranking App was never completed. I always had to drive the project, and remind the other person that I could do any more until they did more. It got to the point where it was in perpetual delay. The sad thing was that it was simple coding, or so he said, but he was burned out because he did coding for his day job. He also wasn't passionate about politics, which was probably a hindrance. He agreed mainly because he wanted to hang out with me (an old friend) more regularly. 

Damn. 7 whole pages. Imagine if you could Kickstart this. 

What was the Presidential Ranking app about? (I'm not offering to make it, I'm just curious)

@Actinguy @Conservative Elector 2  @admin_270 I think I found the post that marks the time when I started thinking about making the game that I'm currently working on. While it's evolved greatly from this, it's when I started working on it or thinking about it every day. As such, one could say I've been working on it for almost 2 and a half years; however, daily work on it (including research) has been about 2 years. 

26 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Actinguy @Conservative Elector 2  @admin_270 I think I found the post that marks the time when I started thinking about making the game that I'm currently working on. While it's evolved greatly from this, it's when I started working on it or thinking about it every day. As such, one could say I've been working on it for almost 2 and a half years; however, daily work on it (including research) has been about 2 years. 

Ha, wow!  I remember when you messaged some of us in a PM saying you had like a dozen various ideas for games, and I immediately seized on this one (the version of it at the time) and demanded you make it immediately because I wanted to play. Haha.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, vcczar said:

Great! I love the commitment.