270soft Forum
Berg2036

Help with a campaign

Hi,

So I am trying to make a Minnesota election game. I have all the counties made and in the right position but one particular county takes up all the space outside of the normal map. I do not know why it is happening. Any help is greatly appreciated!! 

Thanks

Jacob

10 hours ago, Berg2036 said:

Hi,

So I am trying to make a Minnesota election game. I have all the counties made and in the right position but one particular county takes up all the space outside of the normal map. I do not know why it is happening. Any help is greatly appreciated!! 

Thanks

Jacob

Sounds like a breach in the external black county border. Even one missing pixel can do that.

So i deleted the county, and it worked magically. I have made sure that there is no missing pixels but a different county is now having the problem. 

If you don't have absolutely black borders and are having issues, try making sure they are all the same uniform value totally black.
Otherwise, check that your counties don't have multiple values associated with the fill point. Some states, like Rhode Island, have a point that fills in the state and another one to fill in the bubble next to it; if a state has islands or any other separate component, they might also have multiple values. These extra points will fill in whatever part of the map they are assigned to and will make it seem buggy.