Jump to content
270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

PoliSim Help

Recommended Posts

On 2/28/2018 at 12:35 AM, Rodja said:

Can concept release still be expected on March 26th?

I will most likely be releasing whatever I have completed by then, so yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@ThePotatoWalrus any updates?

I just went though some deep emotional issues this week but it looks like it'll be released on time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 9:21 AM, Rodja said:

@ThePotatoWalrus Still happening today?

On vacation rn for Spring Break and getting absolutely zero connection down here, and the place we're at has no wifi. Gonna wait til the end of the week prob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

On vacation rn for Spring Break and getting absolutely zero connection down here, and the place we're at has no wifi. Gonna wait til the end of the week prob.

Vacation in a shithole country or backwoods part of the U.S., there? To me, both would be just as bad. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Patine said:

Vacation in a shithole country or backwoods part of the U.S., there? To me, both would be just as bad. :P

Tennessee, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Tennessee, lol

If Tennessee has no Internet, where do all the Nashville record companies centre their websites at? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rodja said:

Could we expect concept release till Monday?

Most likely Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ThePotatoWalrus I'm curious what software are you using to make this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kk everybody, just wanted to see if anybody had a file-hosting site or something that I could put it on. It should be ready.

Also wanted to announce that I am unmotivated due to emotional issues, procrastination, and the fact that it does not amuse me anymore. This, and the fact that I have recently entered an open relationship and am continuing to play sports have made the realistic chances of the this project reaching a playable stage slimmer, although previously I said that this was a likely possibility.

I will however remain active creating scenarios for PI, but attempting to create an unofficial third party extension for it seems not possible at the moment. I will also help @vcczar with his project in art and design.

I hope y'all can understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Kk everybody, just wanted to see if anybody had a file-hosting site or something that I could put it on. It should be ready.

Also wanted to announce that I am unmotivated due to emotional issues, procrastination, and the fact that it does not amuse me anymore. This, and the fact that I have recently entered an open relationship and am continuing to play sports have made the realistic chances of the this project reaching a playable stage slimmer, although previously I said that this was a likely possibility.

I will however remain active creating scenarios for PI, but attempting to create an unofficial third party extension for it seems not possible at the moment. I will also help @vcczar with his project in art and design.

I hope y'all can understand.

I understand, I might be interested in possibly completing it so please send me a link to the source code (or whatever you're using) and tell me what you're using to make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have it up within the next hour. Probably at like, 8:30

Most of the images from before were concept images that I made, and this prototype is nothing more than me taking those concept images, and making them into a functioning interface. Don't expect anything you haven't seen before.

Also, with the scroll bar, you click and scroll to move it. I messed with different scroll speeds so they don't all move at the same speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got it. The long-awaited disappointment is here!

(For some reason the sub-menu pops up at the start of the screen, which never occured during testing. Clicking on the exit, and then on the policy buttons fixes this.)

Also I got a firewall warning re-downloading it. Disregard this, or if you're suspicious, don't play it.

I hope you enjoy my design and concept: https://mega.nz/#!HlQmmbJI (20 MBs)

Please give me feedback, and whether or not you liked it. Obviously, as I've said a dozen times there is absolutely no gameplay. 

Special thanks to @NYrepublican, @Rodja, @vcczar, and @Reagan04 for their interest in the project, and @Patine for being my Canada-consultant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason the aspect ratio is off, and the screen is zoomed in a bit, lmao. Will prob roll out a fix for this.

EDIT: Lemme know if anyone else is getting this issue. The main menu screen should show my name in the bottom left corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Finally got it. The long-awaited disappointment is here!

(For some reason the sub-menu pops up at the start of the screen, which never occured during testing. Clicking on the exit, and then on the policy buttons fixes this.)

Also I got a firewall warning re-downloading it. Disregard this, or if you're suspicious, don't play it.

I hope you enjoy my design and concept: https://mega.nz/#!HlQmmbJI (20 MBs)

Please give me feedback, and whether or not you liked it. Obviously, as I've said a dozen times there is absolutely no gameplay. 

Special thanks to @NYrepublican, @Rodja, @vcczar, and @Reagan04 for their interest in the project, and @Patine for being my Canada-consultant.

I'll play in a VM cause I'm suspicious of that site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

I'll play in a VM cause I'm suspicious of that site.

As am I, but I didn't want to upload the application directly to this thread (I don't even know if that's possible) because I didn't want to waste forum space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

As am I, but I didn't want to upload the application directly to this thread (I don't even know if that's possible) because I didn't want to waste forum space.

Any chance you'll license this under the GPL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×